General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Fallout Discussion

Go down 
+3
Riv
blackfuredfox
Daisy The Bunny
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

Humor : Decompression sickness

General Fallout Discussion - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 9:00 pm

blackfuredfox wrote:
Thlayli wrote:
blackfuredfox wrote:

Clear the cache for it then. I had the same issue with Dead Money.

How do you do that?
Go to your memory, then there should be a bar to clear the cache. Its been awhile since I did this though. Also when you log ito XBox live, prepare for a mass update.

I'll give it a shot
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 9:37 pm

Brace wrote:
I've sunk 30 hours or so into New Vegas on Steam. I bought the DLC and immediately discovered that all of the missions in this area are almost impossible. Apparently because enemy difficulty scales according to player level, and I'm playing as a level 20 with all my points in speech, lockpick, science, and medicine. My guns and energy weapons are seriously at, like, ~30 each. I run out of ammo before I get the lifebar down halfway on a lot of things...

Stupid main game incentivizing relative pacifism. Stupid DLC incentivizing shooting things.

I cannot for the life of me fathom why anyone would bother with any of the DLC in either current-gen Fallouts except for Broken Steel. The weapons packs for New Vegas especially just floors me. Yes Bethesda, put all this shit out now instead of saving it for the next game so you don't have to scrape the bottom of the barrel for content that can be called new.
Back to top Go down
Brace

Brace

Humor : Lying through truthtelling

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 9:40 pm

I'm a completionist by nature, and it was on sale to where I got it all for ~$10. Just the extra 5 levels per DLC add-on is good for me, because it will let me max out all my stats

>_>

<_<

;_;
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 10:40 pm

I find it impossible to be a completionist... Usually when it comes to "Find all stunt jumps" and "Find all collectables". Fuck going on those hunts.
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

Humor : D is for lysdexia

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 11:04 pm

Thlayli wrote:
I find it impossible to be a completionist... Usually when it comes to "Find all stunt jumps" and "Find all collectables". Fuck going on those hunts.
I can't stand those things. Then again it might be how they're placed. In Fallout though, I love finding all the unique named things because there isn't an objective for it, but its unique. Like in Dead Money when I found, hidden below in a basement in, Solita del Sol I believe, a small glowing green jar named Embalming Fluid.
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 3:10 pm

It worked after clearing the cache. Thanks, BFF <3
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 7:24 pm

Got a shitload done on Fallout 3 today. Done all of the Wasteland Survival Guide except the one where you have to go to the RobCo facility (I've been neglecting my science skill), the OpAnc DLC and The Replicated Man.

Also something really weird happened on the highway today. I was walking along and cars randomly started exploding. LOTS of them. I heard shouting, shooting and saw the red figure on my compass, but I couldn't find whoever was causing it. Was messed up.
Back to top Go down
Brace

Brace

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:17 pm

I finished Old World Blues today. At least the main quest, and most of the peripheral ones. I still need to finish the stealth suit tests and get biological samples and etc. If I can still talk to Mobius I'm going to see if I can't get my repair skill up to 75 and such also, to repair whatever's wrong with his vision.
Back to top Go down
Brace

Brace

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 10:04 pm

Finally beat New Vegas, after about 70 hours. Independent. Good endings for pretty much every character.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 10:36 pm

Brace wrote:
Finally beat New Vegas, after about 70 hours. Independent. Good endings for pretty much every character.

Fallout: reminding what a horrible creature I am with cutscenes and recorded dialogue since last year.
Back to top Go down
Brace

Brace

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 10:58 pm

I was surprised by how moral I was. The worst I got was stealing a few things, extorting a few people (called "bartering"), and killing some undesirables despite it not being completely necessary. My karma was still good at the end of the game. I was idolized by NCR and basically every significant place in the wasteland, despite turning on NCR at the end. I was actually doing quests even after I hit the level cap. And I feel like my ending was a tribute to Ulysses, to the people of Goodsprings for saving me and teaching me the basics after I got shot in the head, to the people of vault 21, to Benny in a roundabout way, and to all the tribes of the wasteland. House was a chauvanist, forcing his old world values onto people, destroying their cultural heritage, and killing them if they resisted. Not much better the Caesar except for being less sexist and slightly more tolerant of freedom; within the scope of his old-world expectations. Caesar was disgusting all around. I didn't really have a problem with NCR so I ended up telling General Oliver to fuck off as politely as I possibly could. They were imperialists and they were stretching themselves too thin. Getting rid of them helped to preserve the culture of New Vegas and it also helped them in the long run as well. I did everything I could to strengthen the NCR up until the point I had to kick them out. I wanted them strong, I just didn't want them here. A well-armed populace is a friendly populace, as Mick of Mick and Ralph's likes to say.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 12:52 am

Brace wrote:
I was surprised by how moral I was. The worst I got was stealing a few things, extorting a few people (called "bartering"), and killing some undesirables despite it not being completely necessary. My karma was still good at the end of the game. I was idolized by NCR and basically every significant place in the wasteland, despite turning on NCR at the end. I was actually doing quests even after I hit the level cap. And I feel like my ending was a tribute to Ulysses, to the people of Goodsprings for saving me and teaching me the basics after I got shot in the head, to the people of vault 21, to Benny in a roundabout way, and to all the tribes of the wasteland. House was a chauvanist, forcing his old world values onto people, destroying their cultural heritage, and killing them if they resisted. Not much better the Caesar except for being less sexist and slightly more tolerant of freedom; within the scope of his old-world expectations. Caesar was disgusting all around. I didn't really have a problem with NCR so I ended up telling General Oliver to fuck off as politely as I possibly could. They were imperialists and they were stretching themselves too thin. Getting rid of them helped to preserve the culture of New Vegas and it also helped them in the long run as well. I did everything I could to strengthen the NCR up until the point I had to kick them out. I wanted them strong, I just didn't want them here. A well-armed populace is a friendly populace, as Mick of Mick and Ralph's likes to say.

for a while I'd somehow exceeded the level cap on my last two runs, going up to level 40 two consecutive games
Back to top Go down
Brace

Brace

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 1:05 pm

Last night I dreamed of what was basically content to a Fallout game. One area was a town infested with zombies (I guess they would have to be converted to ghouls or whatever), and the townspeople blamed you for bringing them there for some reason. I think it was in Mexico or Texas or some similar, because everything was adobe. It started out as a normal town but then everyone started being killed or turned into zombies, and the de-facto leader at that point wanted your blood for it. There was a church looking building that actually functioned as some sort of private sanctuary for a corporate V.I.P of some sort. It was stocked with crazy supplies and technology and was very posh. What I remember most is that it had an escape pod with a G.E.C.K, and you could choose destinations in a number of different faction territories, but you could also choose to blast into space and dock with some sort of international space station. Apparently there had been a lone astronaut left on the space station when the bombs fell, and although he'd been forgotten about by basically all of society, a few people still remembered him, and had been in contact with him as recently as 20 years ago (I don't know how he survived this long, but this is a universe where extended life is possible so eh). He had also been some sort of benefactor, sharing knowledge and occasionally using the weapon system on board to help people. Also my brain just literally stole content from the Cowboy Bebop episode about the sentient weapons satellite that carved animals and such into the desert and applied it here.

The other area was just a 30 story tall super-tank buried in the desert, which housed a tribe of otherwise primitive clay-mask wearing people. A minor decision in this Fallout game from my dream concerned whether or not you raised the tank out of the sand (being able to bury itself was actually a technical feature for it). If you did, despite this being some sort of superweapon, the result was the eventual destruction of it, as well as the tribe, who lacked the desert survival skills necessary to live outside the confines of the weapon. Conversely, by repairing the databanks and other more peaceful technological aspects of this giant monstrosity, you could help them become more peaceful and grow, with the result being that some would eventually end up wandering the wastes to trade and develop relations with the outside world.

And then some snippet about a woman (I guess they would have to be a member of the Followers of the Apocalypse) trying to preserve a huge hunk of more or less pristine ancient landmarks in order to preserve cultural heritage, but prospectors wanted to strip it for everything useful, and the faction whose territory it was on demanded regular taxes for its ownership which the character wasn't able to pay. She tried to run tours to cover the costs but there wasn't enough interest. So there was some quest where she told you about some other ancient landmark which would be much more of a crowdpleaser but which she couldn't locate, and made you try to go locate it. And of course competing offers from a prospector to do bad things for them.

Point being I played waaaaaaaaay too much New Vegas recently.
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 7:45 pm

Personally, I don't think the setting will ever get any better than the Capital Wasteland. I mean, it's a heavily politically based story in Fallout 3, so what would be a better place than the pre-war capital of the world's former-superpower?
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 7:56 pm

Thlayli wrote:
Personally, I don't think the setting will ever get any better than the Capital Wasteland. I mean, it's a heavily politically based story in Fallout 3, so what would be a better place than the pre-war capital of the world's former-superpower?
I think seeing Fallout 1 and 2 in the style of 3 and New Vegas would be better. Its the nostalgia combined with better control and setup. Best of both worlds.
Back to top Go down
Brace

Brace

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 8:16 pm

I liked New Vegas a lot better than Fallout 3 tbh. It just felt more meaty.
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 8:19 pm

If there's one thing New Vegas has over Fallout 3, it's the iron sights.

I haven't really played NV properly. I dunno if I'll ever get round to it.
Back to top Go down
8-bit

8-bit

Humor : Satire

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 8:33 pm

blackfuredfox wrote:

I think seeing Fallout 1 and 2 in the style of 3 and New Vegas would be better. Its the nostalgia combined with better control and setup. Best of both worlds.

This. I tried to play the first two, and I actually laughed at how confusing it was.

Brace wrote:

True, but Mr. New Vegas ain't shit compared to DJ P0N3 :V Three Dog
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 8:37 pm

Three Dogg always seemed like he was on a perminant Jet trip. He'd report things that hadn't happened yet and just talk shit. I was down in Rivet City once while doing The Replicated Man, and he'd start saying that all the water was clean and caravans were coming.
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 8:41 pm

8-bit wrote:
blackfuredfox wrote:

This. I tried to play the first two, and I actually laughed at how confusing it was.

Brace wrote:

True, but Mr. New Vegas ain't shit compared to DJ P0N3 :V Three Dog
I tried the first, besides the colors being outta wack, it took me a good 20 minutes to figure out how to fight and walk. I got to Vault 15 and then to Shady Sands before I said fuck it. Only issue I can forsee with doing 1 and 2 like that is the sheer size. Not to mention Bethesda and Interplays little bitch competition over the rights to the title.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 8:43 pm

I got a feeling I'm going to be having dreams that combine the worlds of Fallout and Elder Scrolls since I started playing Skyrim. I basically bought the latter game just to get an idea of what the next Fallout might look like, and the two series are so similar, they might as well be the same game with different skins. I've already got a dog follower, and swear to god I've seen what I thought was a ghoul smoking a cigarette or a suit of power armor on more than one occasion. Skyrim's Legion is so similar to New Vegas' that it'd lead me to believe New Vegas was originally going to be Elder Scrolls V if I didn't already know the Legion were originally intended for an early idea of Fallout 3.

Truth be told though, if any of the games I've gotten into over the holidays would give me weird dreams, it'd probably be Crysis 2. It says at the beginning in this sickeningly self-congratulatory statement "achieved with CryEngine3". I guess it's an achievement of sorts to make and entire city, the buildings within it and even things like cars and faceless soldiers cross into uncanny valley territory, but no one will give a fuck about this game in a year's time. They'll still be talking about Bethesda's stuff, even if half that talk is about the shit that's broken in their games.

Not that Crysis 2 doesn't have some WEIRD glitches in it, but again, it's more of the nightmare fuel variety, like soldiers floating in mid air, completely motionless and unresponsive.
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 11:54 am

Started a new playthrough of New Vegas, since I fucked my independent ending up pretty badly. I always enjoy liberating Primm from the Powder Gangers. There's a blown out, two story building that I use as a Crow's Nest. I lay frag mines by the door, on the stairs and at the top of the stairs, then throw dynamite down at my enemies. I'm basically untouchable in that position.

Also, I rescued Deputy Beagle and told him to fight with me. He then proceeded to open fire on the room full of enemies I'd bypassed and died in two seconds, lol.
Back to top Go down
Brace

Brace

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 1:10 pm

I'm considering a Legion playthrough. I loved the world of New Vegas so much. It just seems like it would be kind of sacrilegious to my first playthrough though, and also a waste of time I should be using for more productive ventures.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 10:18 pm

Brace wrote:
I'm considering a Legion playthrough. I loved the world of New Vegas so much. It just seems like it would be kind of sacrilegious to my first playthrough though, and also a waste of time I should be using for more productive ventures.

It sure makes things... interesting, to say the least. It's easy enough to wear NCR armor to trade and do sidequests without having a small war on your hands everywhere you go, until you run into certain characters who know it's you, who attack on sight. Since they attack first, no one else will get involved, but it's pretty unexpected the way you get attacked upon entering the Mojave Outpost by Cass, to use one example. Hell, you can be attacked on The Strip if you get too close to two buildings there they occupy. I forget which one it is, but one of them has a mailbox I had to use a stealthboy just to go retrieve items from.

Honestly though, it's only those well-populated NCR camps with the Ranger Veterans and the occasional heavy armored soldier with a Gatling gun that are a huge threat compared to the Legion raiding parties that spawn pretty much everywhere you go if you're vilified by them. I'm not sure if NCR even has an equivalent, but even if they do, I can't see them being anywhere near as dangerous, even if they spawn in larger numbers given their poorer quality armor and weapons.

I think it's worth it to do at least once just because it truly does make for a more different experience than, say, replaying Fallout 3 but using the modified FEV, blowing up the Citadel and turning the Brotherhood of Steel against you (by which point you've probably already reached the level cap and done most of the other quests you wanted to do).
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 12:49 pm

When I was vilified by the NCR they sent some elite unit I forget the name of after me. They said I had 48 hours to improve my reputation with them. I'd tried fighting them but they kicked my ass with ease, so I obeyed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Fallout Discussion
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next