PostSubject: Re: The Drunk Thread   Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:44 am

guys guys guys
we should totally get Mr Meatballs to join
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

PostSubject: Re: The Drunk Thread   Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:26 pm

why do I have a feeling that Joeyy's avi has something to do with some stupid ass meme that I most likely missed, or one of those douchebag pictures of someone's ass that you draw over as a cartoon character.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: The Drunk Thread   Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:50 pm

MiloTime wrote:
why do I have a feeling that Joeyy's avi has something to do with some stupid ass meme that I most likely missed, or one of those douchebag pictures of someone's ass that you draw over as a cartoon character.

it's a meme
it makes even less sense than most
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joeyyy

PostSubject: Re: The Drunk Thread   Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:57 pm

MiloTime wrote:

Forced meme, most likely orginated from 4chan. Though it is forced, It makes for a goofy/comical ava regardless.

Also, fellow time wasters, what are we drinking on this fabulous thirsty-thursday night?
I myself am going to enjoy bubblegum vodka, and a couple shots of Southern Comfort. megusta
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: The Drunk Thread   Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:42 pm

Joeyyy wrote:
MiloTime wrote:

Forced meme, most likely orginated from 4chan. Though it is forced, It makes for a goofy/comical ava regardless.

Also, fellow time wasters, what are we drinking on this fabulous thirsty-thursday night?
I myself am going to enjoy bubblegum vodka, and a couple shots of Southern Comfort. megusta

I'm not drinking anything except coffee and cola, but with the loads of caffeine combined with sleeping pills and and intentional (albeit mild) nicotine overdose, expect me to make less sense as the night goes on. Or more. YMMV when it comes to me posting on something in general.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zenia

PostSubject: Re: The Drunk Thread   Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:51 pm

Bubblegum vodka? Sounds... interesting.

I don't drink often... 'cause I'd be drinking alone and I don't want to do that. When I do, I like fruity cooler drinks. Wine/vodka/rum based. I don't like anything more than 7% alcohol content or else it tastes gross.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/zenia/
Joeyyy

PostSubject: Re: The Drunk Thread   Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:16 pm

Zenia wrote:
Bubblegum vodka? Sounds... interesting..

Strictly for mixing. straight shots of this stuff is completely pointless, because the bubblegum taste is gone.

Smells like a bazooka bubblegum, and when mixed properlly, makes a drink you feel like chewing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riv
Literally the fucking worst

PostSubject: Re: The Drunk Thread   Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:57 pm

The benefit of being a biochem major... 200 proof ethanol in the chem supply closet.

*burp*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://furrygtw.forumotion.com
Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: The Drunk Thread   Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:20 am

Riv wrote:
The benefit of being a biochem major... 200 proof ethanol in the chem supply closet.

*burp*

doesn't drinking that kind of alcohol make you extremely sick, or worse?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: The Drunk Thread   Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:22 am

Wolf-Bone wrote:
Riv wrote:

*burp*

I imagine you'd get chemical burns in your esophagus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riv

PostSubject: Re: The Drunk Thread   Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:38 am

Wolf-Bone wrote:
Riv wrote:

*burp*

Well, ethanol is the same shit you find in any alcoholic beverage. Just like any other drink, you could get alcohol poisoning, but I imagine it would be so painful to drink that you would never get that far.
Back to top Go down
katmandu

Humor : Questionable

PostSubject: Re: The Drunk Thread   Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:33 am

Joeyyy wrote:

Yuengling (because the nearest store doesn't have cases of Shiner Bock, the bastards), Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout, and some taste testing on a moonshine recipe (1 qt clear, 1 cup French Oak chips, 1/2 oz vanilla extract, 3/4 oz honey, 1/2 oz molassas, 8 ground cloves. A little less molassas and I think this is the one). A little too much "head" on the clear base, but otherwise enjoyable.

Uhhh, Riv? So what does fusel oil (the main component of "heads" in distilled alcohol) do you long term? Besides the hangover, that is... *groans*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://katsden.net
greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: The Drunk Thread   Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:59 am

katmandu wrote:
A little too much "head"

No such thing as too much head megusta
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riv

PostSubject: Re: The Drunk Thread   Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:54 am

katmandu wrote:
Uhhh, Riv? So what does fusel oil (the main component of "heads" in distilled alcohol) do you long term? Besides the hangover, that is... *groans*
Like I said, it's the same exact chemical any drinker is familiar with, so it would have the same effects. The difference is, most vodka is no more than 40% alcohol by volume. The stuff I'm talking about is 100% alcohol by volume.
Back to top Go down
katmandu

PostSubject: Re: The Drunk Thread   Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:54 pm

Riv wrote:
Like I said, it's the same exact chemical any drinker is familiar with, so it would have the same effects. The difference is, most vodka is no more than 40% alcohol by volume. The stuff I'm talking about is 100% alcohol by volume.

Nonono, not the alcohol; and your lab grade alcohol would be free of heads. But this home-distilled stuff here isn't so pure. The first liquids to come off a pot-type still are the low boiling point "foreshots"; acetone, methanol, ethyl acetate, and are discarded. Ethyl alcohol follows, but the first part of that run is contaminated with congeners and is called the heads. "Hearts", almost pure ETOH, follows; then "tails", with more nastiness. Generally, everything but the hearts and tails are discarded, and the tails are run back through the still. Unfortunately, the gentleman running this particular batch kept too much of the heads in the result. Need to construct an activated charcoal filter for it...
Back to top Go down
Riv

PostSubject: Re: The Drunk Thread   Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:20 pm

katmandu wrote:
acetone, methanol, ethyl acetate

Oh... Those are some nasty things there. The dose makes the poison, so as minor contaminants they probably won't kill you. The first two pretty much inhibit the Central Nervous System, but they do it more, and more violently, than alcohol does. Acetone actually exists in the body and in food naturally at low concentrations, but it's not the kind of thing you want to get more of. Methanol is deadly shit; it's the stuff in antifreeze that kills you. A shot glass full of pure methanol will make you blind, or possibly kill you. I don't know how much your beverage has in it, but any is a bad amount.

Ethyl acetate is practically harmless in this case. Judging by toxicity data collected from rats, you'd have to drink about 1/100th your weight (approximately a liter) of pure ethyl acetate for it to kill you. The amount of moonshine you'd have to drink to get that much would probably give you alcohol poisoning anyway.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: The Drunk Thread   Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:52 pm

funny how anything with meth in its name is generally bad for you. methadone, methamphetamine, methanol, Method Man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riv

PostSubject: Re: The Drunk Thread   Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:24 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
funny how anything with meth in its name is generally bad for you. methadone, methamphetamine, methanol, Method Man.

What about methylprednisolone?
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: The Drunk Thread   Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:39 pm

Riv wrote:
Wolf-Bone wrote:

like i even fucking know what the means
i was just wondering the other day what the root word "meth" means
fucking elites with their greek and latin they keep contaminating our language with
i mean use one or the other if you have to, but ffs don't mix them up all the time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riv

PostSubject: Re: The Drunk Thread   Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:44 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
Riv wrote:
Wolf-Bone wrote:

like i even fucking know what the means
i was just wondering the other day what the root word "meth" means
fucking elites with their greek and latin they keep contaminating our language with
i mean use one or the other if you have to, but ffs don't mix them up all the time

It's not latin, it's chemistry. It means that there is a methyl group.

This is amphetamine:

And this is methamphetamine:

Methamphetamine has an extra methyl group on the right side.
Back to top Go down
Joeyyy

PostSubject: Re: The Drunk Thread   Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:56 pm

katmandu wrote:
Riv wrote:

Nonono, not the alcohol; and your lab grade alcohol would be free of heads. But this home-distilled stuff here isn't so pure. The first liquids to come off a pot-type still are the low boiling point "foreshots"; acetone, methanol, ethyl acetate, and are discarded. Ethyl alcohol follows, but the first part of that run is contaminated with congeners and is called the heads. "Hearts", almost pure ETOH, follows; then "tails", with more nastiness. Generally, everything but the hearts and tails are discarded, and the tails are run back through the still. Unfortunately, the gentleman running this particular batch kept too much of the heads in the result. Need to construct an activated charcoal filter for it...

Kat, watch yourself with moonshine that is even light on heads; long term side effects of the methanol in heads is bad eyesight/blindness. I love moonshine, but i like to take a nice look at the still and the brewing. the gentleman i get mine from will only take hearts from an exact temperature. Yes, even still, heads will get in, but i really dun wanna drink any more poison. lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
katmandu

PostSubject: Re: The Drunk Thread   Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:27 am

Joeyyy wrote:
Kat, watch yourself with moonshine that is even light on heads; long term side effects of the methanol in heads is bad eyesight/blindness. I love moonshine, but i like to take a nice look at the still and the brewing. the gentleman i get mine from will only take hearts from an exact temperature. Yes, even still, heads will get in, but i really dun wanna drink any more poison. lol

Without admitting to participating in the distillation of untaxed alcohol (because that would be illegal! Shock, horror!), I will say I've seen the still and the method. This guy did get the foreshots and heads out; but there's still congeners and he uses the tails down to about 30 proof for proofing to 80 and flavor. I think he should be re-running the tails at a much higher level than that. However, I'm learning a lot more about polishing the clear, and proper aging is reducing a lot of the congeners to better levels.

Ahem. Aaaaaanywwaaaaaaaaay.... pokerface

It's not the best 'shine I've ever tasted, but it's good. The worst 'shine I was ever offered I never tasted becaused it smelled like a chemistry set. nooooooo thank you.
Back to top Go down
Joeyyy

PostSubject: Re: The Drunk Thread   Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:30 am

katmandu wrote:

It's not the best 'shine I've ever tasted, but it's good. The worst 'shine I was ever offered I never tasted becaused it smelled like a chemistry set. nooooooo thank you.

when it smells like something that shouldnt be anywhere near your body, then it shouldnt be taken! XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
katmandu

PostSubject: Re: The Drunk Thread   Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:52 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:

Don't forget the worst one of all, methylethylbadshit!

Although Method Man ranks on up there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Drunk Thread   

Back to top Go down

The Drunk Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next