HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Hardcore drug addiction

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AuraTwilight



Posts : 41
Join date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:13 pm

Quote :
If you think the similarities are only superficial, I'd question how sternly you've gazed upon either. There are so many examples of how they are basically two sides of the same coin that I hardly know where to start in pointing them out. And I'm not alone in that view. And I don't think I'm going to bother arguing it with you further because you're probably too steadfast in your beliefs/nonbeleifs to even entertain the thought that this "deeper problem of human existence" is the source of both religion and politics in the first place and not just the fanatics who feed and rationalize their insanity with one or both.

I don't really possess very strong religious or political beliefs, and have studied both extensively. I just feel that while both are symptoms of bigger problems in humanity's psyche, they don't really have anything except superficial, codifying similarities. While you could say they're two sides of the same coin, that sort of comparison can really apply to everything humanity's invented. :l They're constructs humans use to make sense of the world, but in of themselves, they're much too varied, and address completely different psychological needs and insecurities.

Quote :
Again, it's not wholesale religious amnesty as much as 1) recognizing a thing for what it is and 2) pragmatic, strategic and possibly necessary partitioning of a civilization growing too big along the naturally budding tribal lines. And these people, along with that Christian Right you mentioned, do constitute separate tribes who want to live in a separate kind of world from the rest of us. Has it never occurred to you that they've sought and, to an alarming extent, obtained the kind of power they have within the American government because they want to live one way, and feel that they are forced to live another way by, essentially, us?

Indeed I have. However, I'm not certain that giving these people even more power, and the ability to leave our society, is really the best means to do so.

And this isn't even touching the increasing globalization of the entire planet. Laws made in America can have severe impact on pretty much every other First World country, for instance, such as the major fuckpile of SOPA that almost passed recently.

Quote :

What I'm saying is we either need to find a way to give these types at least the more important things they want, or allow them safe passage to leave and start something new. And if there's one thing we as a society can't seem to tolerate, it's people being wrong, even though it's the only fucking thing anyone seems to be good at!

I'd rather people learned to co-exist without being complete cunts to each other. Just because you let someone leave your society doesn't mean you don't have to deal with their bullshit. What if one of these hypothetical tribe-colonies starts polluting the fuck out of their area and it spills over to you, and now you're dealing with their fucking Bubonic Death in your drinking water? That's a war trigger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolf-Bone

avatar

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2011-10-20
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:07 pm

A Canadian citizen was recently abducted, oh, forgive me, detained in Iran while visiting family. He's probably going to be executed. His crime? He created a program that allows people to upload photos to the internet, a groundbreaking feat that no one has ever accomplished before now. I'm pretty sure he wasn't in Iran when he did this, but the reason he supposedly committed this gravest of offenses against Iran and its laws is because Iranians used it to distribute porn - again, something that's never been done before. You talk about "triggers" for war. If that's not one, you tell me what is. But of course nothing will be done about it, in all likelihood. You'd be hard-pressed to find another Canadian who even knows, let alone cares.

The fact of the matter is we don't value human life enough to sacrifice it in the name of saving it for something greater. And that's why we're in this mess. We were once a proud race of creatures who lived like we died - with honor. We've become a disgrace. We encroach upon each other's territories and fundamental, inalienable rights constantly, because no one is willing to fight and, if necessary, die to defend them. The only people who come close to preserving this aspect of our humanity are the fucking terrorists!

One day, we won't have a God damned choice. Maybe not in my lifetime or yours, but eventually, someone's "black death" or whatever you called it will be the only thing that sustains human existence, because it'll have posed a big enough threat to us to light a fire under our asses and force us to do something. I'd just as soon welcome it, and most likely meet the gods when all's said and done - assuming they haven't yet abandoned us out of sheer disgust.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AuraTwilight



Posts : 41
Join date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:13 pm

While I agree the thing about the Canadian guy is fucking terrible, it doesn't logically connect to the next thing you're saying.

For starters, there's no such thing as inalienable, fundamental rights. I'm a Humanist, but humans don't have a fundamental or special existence; rights are something we created ourselves, and we probably never had an 'honorable' state of being before that. we started out as a race of creatures that lived like we died - as animals, and I don't think sacrificing ourselves or others for a higher cause is necessarily a defining aspect of our 'humanity', certainly not one we're losing touch with.

If you want people to get off their asses and do something, the first thing you can do is educate them. Apathy, I've found, is usually a product of either ignorance or stupidity. It's become impolite to call people out on their idiocy and people no longer strive for self-improvement. But any solution that involves taking any sort of figurative step backwards? No, I can't support that. We made our bed and we have to sleep in it. You can't undo a problem, so at a fundamental level, any sort of "Let's stop doing X thing" solution is probably unworkable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
avatar

Posts : 7308
Join date : 2011-10-17
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:23 pm

AuraTwilight wrote:
While I agree the thing about the Canadian guy is fucking terrible, it doesn't logically connect to the next thing you're saying.

For starters, there's no such thing as inalienable, fundamental rights. I'm a Humanist, but humans don't have a fundamental or special existence; rights are something we created ourselves, and we probably never had an 'honorable' state of being before that. we started out as a race of creatures that lived like we died - as animals, and I don't think sacrificing ourselves or others for a higher cause is necessarily a defining aspect of our 'humanity', certainly not one we're losing touch with.

If you want people to get off their asses and do something, the first thing you can do is educate them. Apathy, I've found, is usually a product of either ignorance or stupidity. It's become impolite to call people out on their idiocy and people no longer strive for self-improvement. But any solution that involves taking any sort of figurative step backwards? No, I can't support that. We made our bed and we have to sleep in it. You can't undo a problem, so at a fundamental level, any sort of "Let's stop doing X thing" solution is probably unworkable.

I did not disagree with a single part of that post. Well done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://furrygtw.forumotion.com
Wolf-Bone

avatar

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2011-10-20
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:32 pm

AuraTwilight wrote:
there's no such thing as inalienable, fundamental rights

This is where you show how you're part of the problem. As well as the problem with subjective bullshit like "humanism" that means everything and nothing. If you don't believe in something innately sacred about humanity, that we have rights that come from something greater than ourselves, whether that be God or just the forces of nature, you can rationalize any and all atrocities, and you will, because that's easier.

"That thing about the Canadian Iranian is wrong, but..." No Fucking Buts! You don't know me. I struggle, daily, to see Iranians as human, let alone equal. Not just because of what they're fully willing to do to one of my own countrymen without a second thought, but because of what they do to their own kind! But the fact that we've created the kind of world we have, where one can belong to two tribes, or many, Canadian and Iranian at the same time, is what makes it possible for me to overcome that, and why we ultimately must establish a concept of human rights that applies to all. Reality does not simply reshape itself when one leaves Canada and enters Iran, and I can not simply reshape the morals that said reality has helped me shape because someone has crossed that border, whether he's done it once or a million times.

That is, unless we're willing to draw those lines in the sand, say our tribe here, yours there, and stay the fuck with your own kind, make up your mind, you don't get to have the benefits of our society and all the tradition and pageantry of theirs at the same time. But, it might be too late for that. We wanted to have our cake and eat it too, and now the cake has AIDS. I'd like to find a cure, but you don't, because, god forbid, that's hard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AuraTwilight



Posts : 41
Join date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:41 pm

Quote :
This is where you show how you're part of the problem. As well as the problem with subjective bullshit like "humanism" that means everything and nothing. If you don't believe in something innately sacred about humanity, that we have rights that come from something greater than ourselves, whether that be God or just the forces of nature, you can rationalize any and all atrocities, and you will, because that's easier.

No, I WON'T, I'm just pointing out that you're not much different from the people you're decrying. Frankly speaking, humans have no intrinsic importance, specialness, sacredness, or value, because those are all human constructs. The universe at large has been doing fine for billions of years without us and it won't give a damn when we're gone.

That being said, I do not like when X happens to me, therefore I deem X is bad and that it shouldn't happen to others without their consent. Harm is bad, and people should respect each other and learn how to be civil to one another for everyone's mutual benefit as both individuals and as a whole. It's people who assign mystical significance to human existence that use that sort of 'divine birthright' to stamp over the lives of other people, such as trying to ban entire lifestyles for affronting their deity's personal tastes, sensibilities, and arbitrary moral code.

By realizing that morality and rights do not objectively exist, it frees me to behave in what is the most Good for all beings involved in a situation, instead of sticking to a code of morality I do not deem myself worthy of editing because X is always Good and Y is always Evil.

Quote :
"That thing about the Canadian Iranian is wrong, but..." No Fucking Buts! You don't know me.

You don't get to complain. You opened up this discussion by calling me retarded and have been making assumptions about what my personal viewpoints and beliefs are this whole time. I haven't once done that to you. You're the one who's not respecting others in this conversation, so quit your self-entitled, egocentric bullshit.

Quote :
I struggle, daily, to see Iranians as human, let alone equal. Not just because of what they're fully willing to do to one of my own countrymen without a second thought, but because of what they do to their own kind! But the fact that we've created the kind of world we have, where one can belong to two tribes, or many, Canadian and Iranian at the same time, is what makes it possible for me to overcome that, and why we ultimately must establish a concept of human rights that applies to all. Reality does not simply reshape itself when one leaves Canada and enters Iran, and I can not simply reshape the morals that said reality has helped me shape because someone has crossed that border, whether he's done it once or a million times.

I agree, we need to create a global consensus of how we should treat others and what people are entitled to intrinsically in our society.

The key thing here, is that we have to create that. It's not being divinely revealed to us. It is not inherently intuitive to the human existence, and people do not agree on what is moral and immoral naturally.

Quote :
That is, unless we're willing to draw those lines in the sand, say our tribe here, yours there, and stay the fuck with your own kind, make up your mind, you don't get to have the benefits of our society and all the tradition and pageantry of theirs at the same time. But, it might be too late for that. We wanted to have our cake and eat it too, and now the cake has AIDS. I'd like to find a cure, but you don't, because, god forbid, that's hard.

I disagree. You're the one who's trying to take the easy way out. You're saying that since we can't see eye-to-eye with other people, we should just split the fuck up and go our separate ways, but we've done that before, and it caused wars. It caused the Crusades. It caused slavery.

I'M advocating the creation of a single common banner where humanity sees each other as brothers and embraces their differences in peaceful coexistence.


Last edited by AuraTwilight on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daisy The Bunny

avatar

Humor : Decompression sickness
Posts : 1701
Join date : 2011-10-19
Age : 23
Location : Lancashire, England

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:43 pm

so this went from 'drugs r bad' to 'muslims r bad'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolf-Bone

avatar

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2011-10-20
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:49 pm

Yes, me calling you retarded is what started this, not you calling my argument retarded, or me posting the argument in the first place. You're too fucking mental for me. I may not agree with the people who think "God made morality", or "loads of gods made morality", or "no gods made morality" - you see, I'm not always sure which of those I believe myself. But I know I would side with those who believe in something rather than those who believe in nothing, any day of the week, and it's why for all the rhetoric of your kind, you still lose the numbers game. The rest of us may not have settled on what rights are, and my issues with them stem mostly from them being slow to figure it out. But we generally agree part of the process of our development as a species is to do that. You see, we're all too aware of how old this universe is and how young we are within it, painfully so. But that's why the sheer arrogance of a statement like "humans have no natural rights" is so offensive to us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daisy The Bunny

avatar

Humor : Decompression sickness
Posts : 1701
Join date : 2011-10-19
Age : 23
Location : Lancashire, England

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:49 pm

hang on im just gonna do my prayers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AuraTwilight



Posts : 41
Join date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:56 pm

Quote :
Yes, me calling you retarded is what started this, not you calling my argument retarded, or me posting the argument in the first place.

I...didn't say that. I'm just saying that you called me retarded pretty much from the outset of the argument. Arguments don't begin until both parties start to engage, good sir.

Quote :
You're too fucking mental for me. I may not agree with the people who think "God made morality", or "loads of gods made morality", or "no gods made morality" - you see, I'm not always sure which of those I believe myself. But I know I would side with those who believe in something rather than those who believe in nothing, any day of the week, and it's why for all the rhetoric of your kind, you still lose the numbers game.

Who the hell says I didn't believe in anything, or that I believe in nothing? I sure as fuck didn't. You're making assumptions. Just because I don't believe in the existence of objective morality doesn't mean I don't possess a personal moral code. For all your talk that 'my kind' (who're they, btw?) will justify and rationalize shit because it makes it easier, you're the one building up a strawman of what type of person I am to make it easier to win the argument and come off as morally superior.

Instead, however, you come off as a whiny child pitching a fit because I disagree with you.

BTW Argumentum ad populum lol

Quote :
The rest of us may not have settled on what rights are, and my issues with them stem mostly from them being slow to figure it out. But we generally agree part of the process of our development as a species is to do that. You see, we're all too aware of how old this universe is and how young we are within it, painfully so. But that's why the sheer arrogance of a statement like "humans have no natural rights" is so offensive to us.

Who is 'us'? Did a whole group of people turn over their power of attorney to you? You're the only person here who's being offended by my comments, and I can count atleast one person here who agrees with me. All I was saying is that humanity has no objective, natural, intrinsic rights, and we don't. If you disagree, please demonstrate and prove otherwise, because the only ones who say that humans have rights are humans themselves.

If humanity has any specialness, it is our ability to make ourselves special and rise out of the mud of our origins. Our brilliance comes from our creating the Social Contract through our own cleverness, instead of having it handed down to us by a higher wisdom.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolf-Bone

avatar

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2011-10-20
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:05 am

You called yourself a "humanist". So unless it means something completely different to you, you're known by the company you keep. And this is part of the reason I'm hesitant to openly dub myself as belonging to any group. Because it usually does mean something different to me, and the rest of the company are assholes.

But as an aside, "argumentum ad populum lol" doesn't change the fact it works. You yourself lamented the influence the religious right has. Well, this is why. And it has always been that way, and always will be that way, until you or someone else can convincingly demonstrate that you have a better concept of rights that works for more people and that you are both better able and more willing to defend.

This is sorta why people get involved with governments... or gangs, when there's none to be had...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AuraTwilight



Posts : 41
Join date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:12 am

Quote :
You called yourself a "humanist". So unless it means something completely different to you, you're known by the company you keep.

Except being a humanist isn't a group. I don't hang out with Humanists, I don't go to Humanist meetings. It's a point of view that improving the standards of living of humanity as a whole is it's own intrinsic reward. It's not like it's a religion or a political agenda.

Moreover, you apparently don't know much about humanism, since you seem to agree with most of what it has to say.

Quote :
But as an aside, "argumentum ad populum lol" doesn't change the fact it works. You yourself lamented the influence the religious right has. Well, this is why.

Yes, but you're the one who used it to insinuate that you were in the moral right over me.

Quote :
And it has always been that way, and always will be that way, until you or someone else can convincingly demonstrate that you have a better concept of rights that works for more people and that you are both better able and more willing to defend.

Though a big problem is that people are stubborn and resistant to change, even if it's against their personal best interests. Humans are pattern machines at a base and instinctual level, and we have a strong inclination to never exit our comfort zones. That's why you have things like Conservatism, which can pretty much be summed up as "Let's not change things so shit doesn't get any worse."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolf-Bone

avatar

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2011-10-20
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:02 am

1. I'm sure I could agree with certain things humanists have to say, as I could Christians, Jews, Muslims, Rastafarians, Hindus, Buddhists, various pagans, Conservatives, Liberals, and to some extent even Libertarians who I utterly despise with a passion that is near-sexual in nature. The problem is, as you put it...

2. They're not really a group. Unfortunately, we kinda need those to get a lot of shit done. Sorry!

3. I would argue I'm more conservative than many people calling themselves that, because in my stances on certain issues, I'm more unflinching than they. That liberals think this means being anti-freedom, anti-union, anti-pot, pro death penalty, etc, is their problem. That libertarians care less about these things than taxes and the rights of business to do whatever they want to whomever they want, no questions asked, is ultimately why I will always hate them and wish for them a slow, painful death by their own machinations... fuck 'em all. fuckers.

4. I never said I was right and you were wrong by virtue of what I already agreed was a logical fallacy (and, in my opinion, a moral one as well). I simply said the reason it works, and why religious nuts run the government is because as fucked up as it is, they seem like the safer bet. I'd like that to change. It's not going to with arguments like "humans have no fundamental rights", because even I would vote for a Bush or even a Thatcher over that!

5. I'm heterosexual, and virulently so. It's in my contract that I have to point this out at some point during the day so I might as well get it out of the way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AuraTwilight



Posts : 41
Join date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:09 am

Quote :

2. They're not really a group. Unfortunately, we kinda need those to get a lot of shit done. Sorry!

Movements don't require groups. Look at the recent Occupy movements; those appeal nearly universally, and don't demand particular allegiances.

Quote :
That libertarians care less about these things than taxes and the rights of business to do whatever they want to whomever they want, no questions asked, is ultimately why I will always hate them and wish for them a slow, painful death by their own machinations... fuck 'em all. fuckers.

I'm not one of those people, but I really feel bad you feel that way. You seem to be trapped in an angry, divisive mentality, and that's really sad to me. I hope you'd be capable of forgiving one of those people if they ever changed their minds.

Quote :
4. I never said I was right and you were wrong by virtue of what I already agreed was a logical fallacy (and, in my opinion, a moral one as well). I simply said the reason it works, and why religious nuts run the government is because as fucked up as it is, they seem like the safer bet. I'd like that to change. It's not going to with arguments like "humans have no fundamental rights", because even I would vote for a Bush or even a Thatcher over that!

Alright, sure, but we weren't talking about making the ideal political platform when I said that, broski. You're kind of jumping from topic to topic with very strenuous connections.

Quote :

5. I'm heterosexual, and virulently so. It's in my contract that I have to point this out at some point during the day so I might as well get it out of the way.

'Virulently' so? What does that even mean?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pliio

avatar

Humor : Satire
Posts : 282
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 24
Location : Missourah

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:15 am

Uh, yeah, this is one hell of a derailing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
avatar

Posts : 7308
Join date : 2011-10-17
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:27 am

Wolf-Bone wrote:
"humans have no fundamental rights"

Well of course we do! They're stored in a small sack on the anterior part of the pancreas. The founding fathers called it the "freedom sack," and told us all to let it hang low and proud.

Pliio wrote:
Uh, yeah, this is one hell of a derailing.

Yeah, but to be honest, the thread never seemed to have a real direction in the first place. Thlayli posted something depressing that sounded a bit like a MadTV skit, then jokes about addiction for about a page, then this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://furrygtw.forumotion.com
Wolf-Bone

avatar

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2011-10-20
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:29 am

AuraTwilight wrote:
Movements don't require groups. Look at the recent Occupy movements; those appeal nearly universally, and don't demand particular allegiances.

That's true, but I don't see much of a humanist movement. And I think it remains to be seen how effective, if at all the Occupy movement is. I really want them to be. I don't want us to have to resort to a situation like in Egypt, which started with a man self-immolating. But so far all I see is an increasingly militarized police. I might just be that death and violence are the only language governments understand. But I suppose it's some consolation that some of us are very effective communicators when we need to be...

AuraTwilight wrote:
I'm not one of those people, but I really feel bad you feel that way. You seem to be trapped in an angry, divisive mentality, and that's really sad to me. I hope you'd be capable of forgiving one of those people if they ever changed their minds.

LOL, forgiveness, that is such a Jewish and Christian concept. I appreciate their literature and their prophets, but I am, at heart, a European, and a savage. So much of what we've come to know as "Christianity" is just Roman paganism with Jewish window-dressing and Germanic tribal law given the veneer of monotheistic morality. I just know my roots is all. No amount of technological progress and syncretism can change the fact I'm a savage, barely even human. Maybe it's that latent Neanderthal DNA some of us apparently have, who knows. But as for anger, I only have anger towards those who have betrayed me, and indeed, some of them did. They seem to reach out to people like me, people who dabble in pot and poetry, grow our hair long, spend a lot of time trying to find the truth (and ourselves), only to try to turn us into them, shellacked, suited fucks with less moral fortitude than can fit a thimble. And of course when that proves difficult, it's a failure on our part to conform to their narrow, stupid customs, not ours to carry the banner just as well as they could, albeit with much stronger arms and less emphasis on being armed...

AuraTwilight wrote:
Alright, sure, but we weren't talking about making the ideal political platform when I said that, broski. You're kind of jumping from topic to topic with very strenuous connections.

There's nothing tenuous about it (I'm pretty sure that, and not strenuous, is the word you're looking for). Everything is politics, unless it's art, and even that is ultimately political.

AuraTwilight wrote:

'Virulently' so? What does that even mean?

Oh, it just means that it can spread. If one can catch "teh gay" or can be bi-curious while otherwise straight, I figure it probably works the other way around. Past experiments in this field proved somewhat successful, but that is no more. I am mated, for life, most likely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
greg-the-fox

avatar

Posts : 6633
Join date : 2011-10-26
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:48 am

Pliio wrote:
Uh, yeah, this is one hell of a derailing.

Wolf-Bone can do that
I've never seen anyone else TL;DR so much at the slightest mention of politics
It's kinda my fault though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AuraTwilight



Posts : 41
Join date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:49 am

Quote :
That's true, but I don't see much of a humanist movement.

It DOES exist. It's just that most Humanist movements are more focused on alleviating suffering in third world nations, so they don't have that much of a media impact.

Quote :
LOL, forgiveness, that is such a Jewish and Christian concept.

I beg to differ. Forgiveness has existed before those religions existed, and it'll live long after they're gone. I would say that Forgiveness is merely an Empathy concept.

Quote :
Oh, it just means that it can spread. If one can catch "teh gay" or can be bi-curious while otherwise straight, I figure it probably works the other way around. Past experiments in this field proved somewhat successful, but that is no more. I am mated, for life, most likely.

You can't 'catch teh gay', and a person who's bi-curious probably isn't properly straight. Kinsey scale.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolf-Bone

avatar

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2011-10-20
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:23 am

lol I just threatened the guy what runs Little Lamplight out of cave fungus. I have like 1000 stimpaks and I don't hardly ever use Buffout.

AuraTwilight wrote:
Empathy concept.

I think I might be a sociopath.

edit: technically this post is on-topic because stimpaks and buffout are drugs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jesusfish

avatar

Humor : μελαγχολία
Posts : 107
Join date : 2012-01-03
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:23 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
Jesusfish wrote:
I had some issues with methamphetamine and methylphenidate for a while, but I got over them.

I stick with synthetic cannabinoids, cannabis, liquor, and every psychedelic.

All of them.

I can't believe you'd mess with meth. There's no way in a million years I would get within 100 yards of that stuff. I know what it does to people and I can't for the life of me fathom what compels anyone to fuck with that.

With everything addictive, you don't go in thinking that it'll become a problem.

You go in because you took the offer once, and loved it, and loved the effects, and wanted to try it again.

And, the euphoria is enough to forget about the bad bits, and the withdrawal/threat of withdrawal was enough for one to come to the conclusion that it would be best to stay on it "so long as I still gotta get all these things done."


Besides, I wasn't being an idiot. I kept up my oral hygiene ("I'M GONNA GO BRUSH MY TEETH, AND USE THE MOUTHWASH, AND FLOSS, AND USE A SECONDARY MOUTH WASH I MADE FROM HYDROGEN PEROXIDE"), and tried to make sure that I was getting all the vitamins and minerals I needed every day.

And most people had no idea that I was on anything. They just saw me studying, or pacing around, and my day would go with bumping in the morning, popping self-made gel capsules at around 11 AM, then a bump later in the day, perhaps.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cm2dude.tumblr.com
Wolf-Bone

avatar

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2011-10-20
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:37 pm

Jesusfish wrote:
With everything addictive, you don't go in thinking that it'll become a problem.

You go in because you took the offer once, and loved it, and loved the effects, and wanted to try it again.

And, the euphoria is enough to forget about the bad bits, and the withdrawal/threat of withdrawal was enough for one to come to the conclusion that it would be best to stay on it "so long as I still gotta get all these things done."


Besides, I wasn't being an idiot. I kept up my oral hygiene ("I'M GONNA GO BRUSH MY TEETH, AND USE THE MOUTHWASH, AND FLOSS, AND USE A SECONDARY MOUTH WASH I MADE FROM HYDROGEN PEROXIDE"), and tried to make sure that I was getting all the vitamins and minerals I needed every day.

And most people had no idea that I was on anything. They just saw me studying, or pacing around, and my day would go with bumping in the morning, popping self-made gel capsules at around 11 AM, then a bump later in the day, perhaps.


I guess. I know I started smoking with that mindset. But more importantly, I went from a mindset where smoking was what my asshole of a father wasted the time and money he should've spent raising me on and the favorite past time of the douchebags I hated in high school to just another vice normal people have, including a lot of people I hung out with. The thing is, I knew there were a lot of methods for quitting smoking, including not necessarily quitting nicotine (I still use the patch and occasionally gum if I think I might cave, but I haven't had an actual smoke in going on 2 years now). I've just never seen a good side to meth, or even a normal side. And honestly, I don't think I'd like or even benefit from its effects. Usually my problem is calming down and just turning my brain off (or at least putting it in sleep-mode), which weed helps me with beautifully - not to mention makes me eat loads, which I usually don't do enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
avatar

Posts : 7308
Join date : 2011-10-17
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:22 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
Usually my problem is calming down and just turning my brain off (or at least putting it in sleep-mode), which weed helps me with beautifully - not to mention makes me eat loads, which I usually don't do enough.

This is why I think I would benefit from weed. I'm always so high strung and I can't stop thinking. Even sleeping is only a break from consciousness, I'm still firing on all cylinders all night long. The way I deal with it now is through playing ~25 hours of video games a week, which shuts my brain down a bit, although it cannot possibly be healthy. But it's legal, so as long as I can keep up with my schoolwork I'll probably just keep doing that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://furrygtw.forumotion.com
Wolf-Bone

avatar

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2011-10-20
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:04 pm

Riv wrote:
Wolf-Bone wrote:
Usually my problem is calming down and just turning my brain off (or at least putting it in sleep-mode), which weed helps me with beautifully - not to mention makes me eat loads, which I usually don't do enough.

This is why I think I would benefit from weed. I'm always so high strung and I can't stop thinking. Even sleeping is only a break from consciousness, I'm still firing on all cylinders all night long. The way I deal with it now is through playing ~25 hours of video games a week, which shuts my brain down a bit, although it cannot possibly be healthy. But it's legal, so as long as I can keep up with my schoolwork I'll probably just keep doing that.

It's really a shame that you are either so afraid of the law or have that hard time finding a dealer (well, a reliable dealer who isn't a complete sketchbag, which is pretty hard) when, yes, it sounds like you have a similar problem as me. But that's not a guarantee it'd work for you. Honestly, just try it, just for the sake of knowing, and if it doesn't work out, no biggie, but if it does, then find a workaround. Frankly, if you're white, you have about as much chance of being busted for pot as you do being raped by a shark - that grows legs and walks out of the ocean then asks nicely first.

As an aside, as hard a habit as it is for me to break, playing games before bed, I think that actually does more harm than good. Bright lights, fast-moving images, mentally stimulating action and stories that you're actually participating in, yeah, sounds kinda like being awake to me :-P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
avatar

Humor : Shit hawks.
Posts : 5184
Join date : 2011-10-23
Age : 24
Location : Everywhere and nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:14 pm

Weed is pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   

Back to top Go down
 
Hardcore drug addiction
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
General Time-Wasters :: Main Category :: General Discussion-
Jump to: