General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Last Movie You Saw

Go down 
+39
d.batty
Tao
Sam 007 NL
ReddenAB
Butterflygoddess
Tank Abuse
Kaiser
Saliva
Ouiji
Taz
Lucan
larry669
jcstinks
Barnabus
Yuzani
Lucy
AleuTheWolf
Southpaw
Adaquin
Lemonchronicles
TheRandomGuy
Monochrome Kanon
DaBigX26
Brace
Lunar
Bitchy_Whiny_Douche_Fox
8-bit
MiloTime
Vella C Raptor
Riv
melomeltsinmilosmouth
Daisy The Bunny
tallylol
greg-the-fox
Zenia
blackfuredfox
Kaizy
Wolf-Bone
FoxeyHound
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

Last Movie You Saw - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw   Last Movie You Saw - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 2:06 am

blackfuredfox wrote:
The Book of Eli.
10/10
Fantastic. Piece of cinema, fan-fucking-tastic.
I didn't like it. It was kinda bad through the whole thing (way too heavy on trying-too-hard-badassery, almost to a comedic extent) but the ending was really lame. That final piece of information just killed the what little intrigue the movie had left and just nazi'd out on me, "THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED DURING THE MOVIE IT IS NOT OPEN TO INTERPRETATION OR OPINION."

Not to mention, the plot made absolutely no sense given the assumption that the ending forced.
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

Humor : Sin

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw   Last Movie You Saw - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 2:29 am

Crazy Stupid Love: 9/10

I love Steve Carrell
I also loved this movie
Funny, enjoyable, not too awkward...twas pretty good
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

Humor : D is for lysdexia

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw   Last Movie You Saw - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 2:38 am

Riv wrote:
blackfuredfox wrote:
The Book of Eli.
10/10
Fantastic. Piece of cinema, fan-fucking-tastic.
I didn't like it. It was kinda bad through the whole thing (way too heavy on trying-too-hard-badassery, almost to a comedic extent) but the ending was really lame. That final piece of information just killed the what little intrigue the movie had left and just nazi'd out on me, "THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED DURING THE MOVIE IT IS NOT OPEN TO INTERPRETATION OR OPINION."

Not to mention, the plot made absolutely no sense given the assumption that the ending forced.
I do agree with you on the badass part, too much of it, too much of him killing scores of people. But I think the way that it was setup, how they gave their interpratation of a post nuclear world is the best I've seen in a movie. Also the way the antagonist sees the bible as a way to unite society under one rule reminds me of the dark ages and how Catholicism united people by saying things would be better in the afterlife, which is essentially what the antagonist is doing. Except he's doing it for power reasons. I didn't really watch it for the story itself, but for the underlying messages I received from it. I found myself asking some moral questions after I watched it.
Back to top Go down
Lunar
Certified Muff-Diving Instructor
Lunar

Humor : I Dimmadon't give a shit.

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw   Last Movie You Saw - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 10:22 am

This Is Spinal Tap 11/10

It goes to 11. 'Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw   Last Movie You Saw - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 4:35 pm

30 minutes or less: 6.5/10

danny mcbride just isn't funny... but everybody else in the movie is. and considering my celebrity crush on Jesse Eissenberg, I just had to watch this movie, even though it's not really my taste.

also, they say "fuck" and "shit" every 2 seconds in the movie.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw   Last Movie You Saw - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 9:26 pm

MiloTime wrote:
Typical 21st century comedy movie
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw   Last Movie You Saw - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 10:42 pm

Kaizy wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
Typical 21st century comedy movie

Back to top Go down
melomeltsinmilosmouth

melomeltsinmilosmouth

Humor : Alex's penis

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw   Last Movie You Saw - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 11:12 pm

You Are Umasou

9/10

Like The Land Before Time, but more BADASS.
Back to top Go down
DaBigX26

DaBigX26

Humor : sarcasim

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw   Last Movie You Saw - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 4:39 am

the latest Chronicles of Narnia movie
9/10
if only all annoying people can become dragons megusta
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw   Last Movie You Saw - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 5:07 am

the lovely bones: 8.5/10

I can't help but appreciate the art style of this movie. it has obvious flaws, but it's hard to hate a movie that leaves me with my eyes wide open, pausing the movie and staring at the scenery. also great soundtrack
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw   Last Movie You Saw - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 6:47 am

Christmas Vacation: 9/10

Still one of my favorite comedies, specially for the holidays
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw   Last Movie You Saw - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:36 pm

Kaizy wrote:
Christmas Vacation: 9/10

Still one of my favorite comedies, specially for the holidays

ugh dammit, I'm ashamed to admit that I love the vacation movies. something about watching them during the holiday's brings a sense of tradition.
Back to top Go down
Brace

Brace

Humor : Lying through truthtelling

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw   Last Movie You Saw - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 5:11 pm

Cars 2 - 5/10

It was amusing in a visceral and childish way, but also somewhat grating.
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw   Last Movie You Saw - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 5:17 pm

Air America
9/10
Fuck you I like Mel Gibson.
Back to top Go down
Lunar
Certified Muff-Diving Instructor
Lunar

Humor : I Dimmadon't give a shit.

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw   Last Movie You Saw - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 3:50 am

Annabelle's Wish

OH MY GOD, SHE'S SO FUCKING CUTE

12/10
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw   Last Movie You Saw - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 11:14 am

Signs
9/10
it would have been scarier in my opinion if I didn't see the aliens as much, like when you first see it on top the roof in the middle of the night as a silhouette behind that vent, now that was scary because they're still mysterious. When you hear the crashing up stairs you get to imagine them. Its like jaws, by almost never seeing the shark, it was made scarier.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw   Last Movie You Saw - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 4:32 pm

blackfuredfox wrote:
Signs
9/10
it would have been scarier in my opinion if I didn't see the aliens as much, like when you first see it on top the roof in the middle of the night as a silhouette behind that vent, now that was scary because they're still mysterious. When you hear the crashing up stairs you get to imagine them. Its like jaws, by almost never seeing the shark, it was made scarier.
Thats the biggest flaw with anything in the horror genre today: anything thats supposed to be scary gets way too much screentime
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw   Last Movie You Saw - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 9:39 pm

Kaizy wrote:
blackfuredfox wrote:
Signs
9/10
Thats the biggest flaw with anything in the horror genre today: anything thats supposed to be scary gets way too much screentime
Same reason I hate Micheal Bay movies, explosions used to be a treat and especially in old movies it was stock footage from the Department of Defense. Now mocies are just saturated with explosions. Same with scary movies, the creature is the star, not the unseen force, like in that one kurt russel movie in the arctic, you saw it, but it wasn't nearly as present.

Last edited by blackfuredfox on Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw   Last Movie You Saw - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 9:43 pm

$9.99

pokerface/10

Whut? I don't even.

blackfuredfox wrote:

Same reason I hate Micheal Bay movies, explosions used to be a treat and especially in old movies it was stock footage from the Department of Defense. Now mocies are just saturated with explosions.

Agreed. It's CGI that's done it. Now explosions can be made in a darkroom for a couple-grand to fit any situation. Get Michael Bay's funding, and you can literally afford 800,000,000,000 explosions.
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw   Last Movie You Saw - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 9:48 pm

blackfuredfox wrote:
like in that one kurt russel movie in the arctic, you saw it, but it wasn't nearly as present.
THE THING <33333
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw   Last Movie You Saw - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 9:53 pm

Kaizy wrote:
blackfuredfox wrote:
like in that one kurt russel movie in the arctic, you saw it, but it wasn't nearly as present.
THE THING <33333
I LOVE THAT MOVIE, for some reason I thought it was, IT or THEM
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw   Last Movie You Saw - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 9:55 pm

blackfuredfox wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
blackfuredfox wrote:
THE THING <33333
I LOVE THAT MOVIE, for some reason I thought it was, IT or THEM
Its in my Top 5 of favorite movies

EDIT: IDEA
Back to top Go down
8-bit

8-bit

Humor : Satire

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw   Last Movie You Saw - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 1:41 am

Kaizy wrote:
blackfuredfox wrote:
THE THING <33333

This, and the cool thing about the prequel, is that when you DID see it, it looked fucking amazing.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw   Last Movie You Saw - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 1:47 am

8-bit wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
blackfuredfox wrote:
THE THING <33333

This, and the cool thing about the prequel, is that when you DID see it, it looked fucking amazing.
I havent seen that yet
Im dying to though
Back to top Go down
Brace

Brace

Humor : Lying through truthtelling

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw   Last Movie You Saw - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 3:13 am

The Skin I Live in - 7.5/10

It meant well, but the fact that I had to google an interview with the director in order to tell that it meant well means it's too subtle. A whole bunch of fake intellectual types are going to pick it up and interpret exactly the opposite of the actual message out of it, because the real (subtle) message goes against academic gender studies dogma. Admittedly some of the impact may have been lost on me for obvious reasons. I can see a lot of people as being much more squeamish given the subject material, in which case the message might carry better. But then, that kind of visceral reaction also doesn't lend itself well to careful consideration of the film. So it's kind of a lose-lose proposition for the film in any didactic capacity. Which is a shame, because the message it tries to get out is good, and it has a lot of style and class.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Movie You Saw   Last Movie You Saw - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last Movie You Saw
Page 3 of 18Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
General Time-Wasters :: Main Category :: Entertainment-
Jump to: