General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Living In Skyrim: The Life of an NPC

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

Humor : D is for lysdexia

Living In Skyrim: The Life of an NPC Empty
PostSubject: Living In Skyrim: The Life of an NPC   Living In Skyrim: The Life of an NPC Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:31 pm

I remember reading months ago a blog called "Living in Oblivion" which I loved, then found again today with a continuation called Living in Skyrim. The story was more of a diary of an player not doing an adventures and living through the game as an NPC. Sadly Nordick his character, died at a tower from a Chieftan and his adventure ended there. So I pick it up in the same manner he did, following his guidelines for here. Ill just set the beginning here, then post his tales of doing nothing adventurous here for you all.
Living In Skyrim: http://www.pcgamer.com/author/clivingston/
Guidelines for my playthrough:
Eat and sleep regularly, and walk everywhere, as NPCs do, unless there’s a specific reason to sprint, such as while hunting, fighting, or fleeing. No fast travel!
Do my best to avoid adventure, intrigue, and excitement, though if a quest seems reasonably boring or safe (such as a crafting tutorial), it might be okay.
No stealing, and no “stealing” (I can’t join a guild for the sole purpose of helping myself to all their stuff and selling it to a vendor).
Find some way to make a living that doesn’t involve adventuring. Find a place to call home, and maybe even land a spouse, if the fates allow (they probably won’t).
NPCs can’t reload a previous saved game if things don’t go their way. Neither can Nordrick. If he dies, he dies.

Ill begin it all normal but take a carriage after selling all but 1 set of clothes, 1 pair of boots, 1 dagger, and only 20 gold to Solitude and begin as if I just stepped from the boat. So from here we shall begin the unadventurous tale of, Vishy the Argoinan.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Living In Skyrim: The Life of an NPC   Living In Skyrim: The Life of an NPC Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 11:35 pm

What. Why in the name of Talos would anyone want to do that. That sounds maddeningly mind numbing. It's like the "sit" function in the Fallout games. What purpose does it serve?!
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

Humor : Decompression sickness

PostSubject: Re: Living In Skyrim: The Life of an NPC   Living In Skyrim: The Life of an NPC Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 9:06 am

Wolf-Bone wrote:
What. Why in the name of Talos would anyone want to do that. That sounds maddeningly mind numbing. It's like the "sit" function in the Fallout games. What purpose does it serve?!

To get some use out of my well irradiated chiseled wastelander buttocks.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Living In Skyrim: The Life of an NPC   Living In Skyrim: The Life of an NPC Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 9:42 am

Thlayli wrote:
To get some use out of my well irradiated chiseled wastelander buttocks.

murr :3
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

Humor : D is for lysdexia

PostSubject: Re: Living In Skyrim: The Life of an NPC   Living In Skyrim: The Life of an NPC Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 3:47 am

Now begins the tale of Vishy, the Argonian. Vishy arrived in Solitude around about 0200. It was dark and rainy so not the ideal time of arrival. Wearing nothing more than a roughspun tunic and footwraps, I set off under a roof to wait out the rain since I had no money. Keeping to the code and my forgetfulness I spent my only money left from selling shit and buying supplies on the carrige. So I arrived broke and the first thing that happens is Im threatened. I feel more like Im in New York. Deeja I thought would be nice since we are both argonian. She told me to piss of in a more defined manner. I decided to sleep in the East Empire Trading company office for the night and awoke the next morning. Needing some scratch I headed up towards solitude and picked every damn crop there at Katlas farm and sold it to her. Still broke as hell but at least I can eat. After using what money I had on food I headed to the mill and chopped wood. I ran into a guard on the way to get an axe and for 2 minutes feared he would catch me and Id go to prison. Turns out the axes arent owned. Fuck. Anyways I started chopping away at the wood. Not a bad job, NPCish, making some good gold, not bad. After chopping apart what must have been a massive forest I swear off chopping wood forever. Then I sold my wood to the owner of the mill. 500 gold. Maybe it isnt a bad job after all since it was only noon and I was already pretty loaded for a level one NPC. But it feels like cheating so I went up to solitude and on the way decided in two days I shall leave south for Markarth. But first, shopping spree. Upon entering Solitude though, I realize leaving earlier might be a good idea. Theres a crowd gathered round a man to be executed, and by what I understand, its for opening a door. I turn into a shop before he is beheaded though. There, I buy some fancy new duds and become oblivious to the man being killed outside. Two pairs of boots, and 3 new sets of clothes. Feelin good now. Then I step outside again and hear a loud thud. Yeeeeeeah, Im just gonna go over to, The Winking Skever, is it? Yeah, Im going in there. I rent a room for the night and decide to party it up downstairs again forgeting about the dead man. I decide again to go to sleep around midnight. First day in Skyrim and no questing what so ever. Not bad by my book. Now the day after tomorrow, leaving town, ehhhhh might be harder. Will Vishy live to see Markarth or will he die like a bitch on the road? Well find out later.
Back to top Go down
Taz

Taz

Humor : Suggestive, Dry, Sardonic

PostSubject: Re: Living In Skyrim: The Life of an NPC   Living In Skyrim: The Life of an NPC Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 4:23 am

Maybe I'll be cool like this and play all cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Living In Skyrim: The Life of an NPC   Living In Skyrim: The Life of an NPC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Living In Skyrim: The Life of an NPC
Page 1 of 1