General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition.

Go down 
+16
Maya
Lucan
Monochrome Kanon
blackfuredfox
8-bit
greg-the-fox
Tank Abuse
KigRatel
Butterflygoddess
melomeltsinmilosmouth
Lucy
MiloTime
Zoe
Riv
Kaizy
XoPachi
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition. - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition.   My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition. - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 10:53 pm

Butterflygoddess wrote:
It contradicted the 1st episode (kids aren't stupid)

I've spent a cumulative week focusing on the founding of Equestria, and I don't have a clue what you're talking about. How does that story contradict the first episode? The first episode doesn't mention the founding of Equestria at all. It states that two sisters ruled the nation 1000 years ago. Equestria was founded long before that.
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
Butterflygoddess

Butterflygoddess

Humor : Omg...did Wuffie really...

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition.   My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition. - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 11:20 pm

Riv wrote:
Butterflygoddess wrote:

I've spent a cumulative week focusing on the founding of Equestria, and I don't have a clue what you're talking about. How does that story contradict the first episode? The first episode doesn't mention the founding of Equestria at all. It states that two sisters ruled the nation 1000 years ago. Equestria was founded long before that.

Urgh. Okay.jpg I guess I just love the idea of Equestria being created by two goddess sisters.

Why have them raise the Sun and the Moon then? O-o Otherwise, they're just lying when they say that shit and its a kid's show so the wouldn't use some bs religion propoganda and...

*puts on Val Kilmer mask* It just raises too many questions...

Things change from pilots all the time anyway I guess Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition.   My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition. - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 11:42 pm

Butterflygoddess wrote:
Riv wrote:
Butterflygoddess wrote:

Urgh. Okay.jpg I guess I just love the idea of Equestria being created by two goddess sisters.

Why have them raise the Sun and the Moon then? O-o Otherwise, they're just lying when they say that shit and its a kid's show so the wouldn't use some bs religion propoganda and...

That's been explained... Prior to Celestia and Luna, the Sun and Moon were raised by all the unicorns working together. The Princesses took over later.

Of course, don't mind me, I'm just obsessed. After watching every episode (at least) three times and writing over 100,000 words of fanfiction, I should have a pretty decent idea of what's going on.
Back to top Go down
Butterflygoddess

Butterflygoddess

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition.   My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition. - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 11:52 pm

Riv wrote:
Butterflygoddess wrote:
Riv wrote:
Butterflygoddess wrote:

That's been explained... Prior to Celestia and Luna, the Sun and Moon were raised by all the unicorns working together. The Princesses took over later.

Of course, don't mind me, I'm just obsessed. After watching every episode (at least) three times and writing over 100,000 words of fanfiction, I should have a pretty decent idea of what's going on.

Omg. I knew you drew...I didn't know you wrote. ^^ That's really cool. What kind themes do you like to use?
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition.   My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition. - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 12:06 am

Butterflygoddess wrote:
Omg. I knew you drew...I didn't know you wrote. ^^ That's really cool. What kind themes do you like to use?

My primary fic is a massive over-arching story that tries to explain a great deal of Equestrian history. It's about 70% published, and 90% written, tens of thousands of words published so far. It's a lot darker than the show, but isn't "mature." It involves death, war, deception, genius-Derpy, and a trace of Whoovian lore.

Unfortunately, it's not playing well with season 3. Or, rather, it's playing a little too well. Several of my primary plot elements have popped up in the show this past month (though, obviously adapted for TV-Y), especially in Magic Duel. That damn Alicorn Amulet. Bleh.

I have another one about Doctor Whooves and Derpy that I've only posted the first chapter of.

The rest of my SFW fics are just cutesy one-shots.

Then I have my NSFW account... Just a couple of one-shot sexual-comedies. They're remarkably awkward, which lends to the comedy side, but just cloppy enough that clop-fans are pleased. The funniest thing about my NSFW stuff is that one of my stories was featured — even though my clop work gets about 5% of the attention I've given my SFW work. I hardly even proofread it. Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
Butterflygoddess

Butterflygoddess

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition.   My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition. - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 1:04 am

That must be what its like for professional writers. Ya know, pouring your soul into something never knowing if it'll be a dud or a celebration like Twilight. :/

I hope to find out someday myself.
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

Humor : D is for lysdexia

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition.   My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition. - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 1:19 am

Any links to the story Riv? You've got me all interested now.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition.   My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition. - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 1:33 am

Butterflygoddess wrote:
That must be what its like for professional writers. Ya know, pouring your soul into something never knowing if it'll be a dud or a celebration like Twilight. :/

I hope to find out someday myself.

It's fun, though. A little like gambling, a little like science, and I enjoy writing regardless of whether or not people like my writing, so it's all good.

blackfuredfox wrote:
Any links to the story Riv? You've got me all interested now.

Super-secret link PM'd to you.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

Humor : Sin

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition.   My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition. - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 1:51 am

Lucy wrote:
Keep in mind the show's target audience is small children.
I love it when people say this because its people like this that make kids out to be these drooling fucktards who mindlessly sit there and just watch pretty colors on the screen.

Kids can actually comprehend whats going on, and if they were too dumb to analyze an episode beyond "I LIKE IT" then My Little Pony would be written the same way as Dora or Blues Clues. Not a single fuck wa

In other words, shut up, if theres a plot to it the episode can be bad, you dont have to over analyze something simply for it to be bad, and kids arent stupid and they can analyze something too. I bet if you found someone in that target audience whos seen the episodes and asked them to pick one they didnt care for, they could do it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition.   My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition. - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 1:54 am

Kaizy wrote:
Lucy wrote:
Keep in mind the show's target audience is small children.
I love it when people say this because its people like this that make kids out to be these drooling fucktards who mindlessly sit there and just watch pretty colors on the screen.

Kids can actually comprehend whats going on, and if they were too dumb to analyze an episode beyond "I LIKE IT" then My Little Pony would be written the same way as Dora or Blues Clues. Not a single fuck wa

In other words, shut up, if theres a plot to it the episode can be bad, you dont have to over analyze something simply for it to be bad, and kids arent stupid and they can analyze something too. I bet if you found someone in that target audience whos seen the episodes and asked them to pick one they didnt care for, they could do it.

Plus, whether an episode is bad or not is subjective. There are episodes that I hate that other people love. Lot's of people hate The Mysterious Mare Do-Well, but I liked it. It's a matter of opinion, and kids have opinions too.
Back to top Go down
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition.   My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition. - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 1:59 am

I just seriously don't get how people can pick and choose episodes of this show and say "good" or "bad."

They're all My Little Pony, every episode is something different with their own plots. Little kids do NOT give any fucks about the smallest of plot holes, if there are any.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition.   My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition. - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 2:01 am

Lucy wrote:
Little kids do NOT give any fucks about the smallest of plot holes, if there are any.

You didn't meet me when I was little. Not a single fuck wa

Besides, there aren't a lot of plot-holes in this show. I hate, hate, HATE, plot-holes in anything. Believe me, if there were any plot-holes, I'd be complaining very loudly.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition.   My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition. - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 2:05 am

Lucy wrote:
I just seriously don't get how people can pick and choose episodes of this show and say "good" or "bad."

They're all My Little Pony, every episode is something different with their own plots. Little kids do NOT give any fucks about the smallest of plot holes, if there are any.
I didnt say anything about plot holes. I was talking about just liking or disliking an episodes, which kids can do.

Also, you give kids no credit. You do know that kids are smart enough to understand basic things, like the plot of a goddamn cartoon right? Because MLP has had some more plot driven episodes and the intended audience is the kids. So nothing youre saying is making any sense, all i keep hearing is "NOPE INTENDED AUDIENCE IS KIDS, THEY ARENT SMART ENOUGH TO COMPREHEND OR CARE ABOUT THEIR SHOWS BECAUSE THEYRE KIDS".

I can clearly remember when I was about 5-6 and I watched Looney Tunes and I have episodes I liked and episodes I didnt like. I wasnt a goddamn prodigy or anything, but I certainly wasnt too dumb or oblivious to know that I liked certain things over others. I didnt just absent-mindedly stare at the screen and go "DURRRR COLORS LOL" for a half hour.
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition.   My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition. - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 2:06 am

I can't point out an episode of MLP that I'd label as bad. The entire series is cute and fun to me.

I'm loving season 3 so far. With the exception of Babs Seed's accent. That was atrocious.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition.   My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition. - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 2:07 am

Lucy wrote:
I can't point out an episode of MLP that I'd label as bad. The entire series is cute and fun to me.

I'm loving season 3 so far. With the exception of Babs Seed's accent. That was atrocious.
See thats an opinion, that has nothing to do with kids or over-analyzation. Thats simply you thinking all the episodes are good, which is fine. Other people have episodes they dont like. They dont need to over anaylze them, they just simply dont care for them for one reason or another.
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition.   My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition. - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 2:09 am

I was simply indicating that it would be really hard for someone to explain to me why they think an episode of this show is bad. They would probably give me a reason, and my response would more than likely be, "... Is that it?"
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition.   My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition. - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 2:14 am

Lucy wrote:
I was simply indicating that it would be really hard for someone to explain to me why they think an episode of this show is bad. They would probably give me a reason, and my response would more than likely be, "... Is that it?"
Well some people might just not care for whatever it was, some may have a pet peeve thats prominent throughout the episode, who knows. I know a lot of people hated the Trixie episode simply because of Trixie herself, being egotistical and rude which put a lot of people off, but a lot of people saw the comedy in it and some actually enjoy a character like that.

Its all personal preference
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition.   My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition. - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 2:16 am

Like, honestly, the only thing about the series that's really irked me so far is Snips and Snails.

They're just too stupid, they're never given redeeming moments, like, ever.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition.   My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition. - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 2:23 am

Lucy wrote:
Like, honestly, the only thing about the series that's really irked me so far is Snips and Snails.

They're just too stupid, they're never given redeeming moments, like, ever.
I think they have a redeeming quality

Theyre kind of cute as far as child characters go
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition.   My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition. - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 2:27 am

They're cute as fuck, but like, they go back to worshiping Trixie literally as soon as she reappears, even though they know she's a bitch. Makes them seem like asshole characters you wouldn't want to root for.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition.   My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition. - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 2:33 am

Lucy wrote:
They're cute as fuck, but like, they go back to worshiping Trixie literally as soon as she reappears, even though they know she's a bitch. Makes them seem like asshole characters you wouldn't want to root for.
Theyre supposed to be kids who idolize her but either dont get that she isnt nice or simply overlook it because they idolize her too much
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition.   My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition. - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 2:38 am

Eh, like you said, I think kids can be given more credit. Most kids can spot out an asshole when they see one.

I feel like they just make Snips and Snails intentionally stupider and stupider.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition.   My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition. - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 2:41 am

Lucy wrote:
Eh, like you said, I think kids can be given more credit. Most kids can spot out an asshole when they see one.

I feel like they just make Snips and Snails intentionally stupider and stupider.
Yeah theyre the typical stereotype stupid characters
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition.   My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition. - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 2:42 am

It sucks, cuz' they are, at least Snails is, really cute.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition.   My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition. - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 2:46 am

Lucy wrote:
It sucks, cuz' they are, at least Snails is, really cute.
Snails is adroable
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition.   My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition. - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Little Pony: The Invasion MK II, Seventh Edition.
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next