General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

let's have a mature, reasonable debate

Go down 
+13
Vega
greg-the-fox
katmandu
Butterflygoddess
Zoe
Riv
Lucy
Kaizy
Kaiser
Ouiji
Tank Abuse
Zaraphayx
Wolf-Bone
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

let's have a mature, reasonable debate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: let's have a mature, reasonable debate   let's have a mature, reasonable debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 10:37 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
Vega wrote:
Voting Obama, I have no clue why anyone would vote for Romney unless they're a rich bastard. let's have a mature, reasonable debate - Page 2 1772876878

Or are racist and/or hate gay people and women pokerface

Or if they're just plain dumb.

Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

Humor : D is for lysdexia

PostSubject: Re: let's have a mature, reasonable debate   let's have a mature, reasonable debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 10:49 am

Kaizy wrote:
Since the election as mentioned, let me clarify

I dont care who you are, if you vote for Romney, I am disowning you as a friend
You can vote for whoever else you want, hell throw in a ballot for Bugs Bunny for all I care, but if you vote for that assfuck Romney, you are dead to me

Also, if you dont vote, its like voting for Romney, so vote for someone at least
This is exactly what stops me from voting. I feel like the only person who doesn't give two shits about voting but actually bothered to read on the stance of the candidates up until people started trying to shove all sorts of bullshit up my ass about them. But seriously if you would disown someone as a friend for merely expressing their opinion that is a pretty shitty thing to do. Now im going to call it right now, everyone is going to jump on an bandwagon and mock the hell out of me for thinking im going to vote Rommney. But im not, if you had said the same thing about Obama id be saying the same damn thing here just with the names switched out. Like some sort of yin-yang deal.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: let's have a mature, reasonable debate   let's have a mature, reasonable debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 12:05 pm

Riv wrote:
Or if they're just plain dumb.

What a bunch of fucking morons Not a single fuck wa
Apparently it's possible to be both a muslim AND an atheist

Last edited by greg-the-fox on Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zaraphayx

Zaraphayx

Humor : I am not funny sorry :[

PostSubject: Re: let's have a mature, reasonable debate   let's have a mature, reasonable debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 12:09 pm

blackfuredfox wrote:

This is exactly what stops me from voting. I feel like the only person who doesn't give two shits about voting but actually bothered to read on the stance of the candidates up until people started trying to shove all sorts of bullshit up my ass about them. But seriously if you would disown someone as a friend for merely expressing their opinion that is a pretty shitty thing to do. Now im going to call it right now, everyone is going to jump on an bandwagon and mock the hell out of me for thinking im going to vote Rommney. But im not, if you had said the same thing about Obama id be saying the same damn thing here just with the names switched out. Like some sort of yin-yang deal.

Don't worry, people like Kaisy who are that sure about anything don't tend to have many friends, and the ones they do have were already carefully vetted for conflicting opinions/personalities/ideas that might cause too much distress long before this election season.

It was mostly mental masturbation and I would bet a good amount of money that he won't actually have to follow through on his threat.

I'll go time my watch to the 'you don't know me' comment.
Back to top Go down
Tank Abuse

Tank Abuse

Humor : Exposed.

PostSubject: Re: let's have a mature, reasonable debate   let's have a mature, reasonable debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 12:45 pm

blackfuredfox wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
Since the election as mentioned, let me clarify

I dont care who you are, if you vote for Romney, I am disowning you as a friend
You can vote for whoever else you want, hell throw in a ballot for Bugs Bunny for all I care, but if you vote for that assfuck Romney, you are dead to me

Also, if you dont vote, its like voting for Romney, so vote for someone at least

This.
Back to top Go down
http://gman313.deviantart.com/
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

Humor : Sin

PostSubject: Re: let's have a mature, reasonable debate   let's have a mature, reasonable debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 8:23 pm

My point about "disowning you as a friend" was simply me expressing that Romney is a really fucking messed up person, his views on race, religion, women, gay rights, ect. are all kinds of fucked up, and he does not deserve to be in any sort of position that gives him the power to change things to favor his terrible views. And, my point was, if you are someone with half a brain that isnt a rich old white man, then you have no excuse to vote for Romney because giving him a vote is supporting all of those horrible views of his and the terrible things he wants to enact as President. If you honestly would sit there and tell me that this man is definitely your pick to run a country, then I really just have nothing more to say to you, especially if you support anything like equal rights for women and the LGBTQ community.

Im not even saying vote for Obama because I know he isnt much of a pick either, but dont vote for Romney. Vote for anyone else but Romney. And if you dont vote, then you basically havent helped keep him out of office or anything, and if he wins and starts fucking things up, you really have no right to complain about it because all you can say is "I didnt vote".

So yeah, if it sounds like Im going to hate you for picking Romney or not trying to keep him out of office by doing something as simple as not voting for him, then its because youre essentially handing the election off to a rich old gay-hating man who wants to drag the country back to the Biblical times.

Zaraphayx wrote:
blackfuredfox wrote:

Don't worry, people like Kaisy who are that sure about anything don't tend to have many friends, and the ones they do have were already carefully vetted for conflicting opinions/personalities/ideas that might cause too much distress long before this election season.

It was mostly mental masturbation and I would bet a good amount of money that he won't actually have to follow through on his threat.

Aww how adorable
The new member wants to come in and talk shit about me

Look at how cool he is guys
Everyone, I nominate we give him a big ol internet award
We will make him a trophy that says "I have a big internet dick" and we will put it right in the shelf so that everyone can admire how cool he is

Also, nice job misspelling my name when its literally right in front of you
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: let's have a mature, reasonable debate   let's have a mature, reasonable debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 8:26 pm

If someone votes for Romney, they're basically voting against everything I am as a human being. So yeah, I agree with Kaizy, and I wouldn't want to be friends with any Romney supporters. I'll tolerate them, but they aren't my friends.
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

Humor : D is for lysdexia

PostSubject: Re: let's have a mature, reasonable debate   let's have a mature, reasonable debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 8:29 pm

Zaraphayx wrote:
blackfuredfox wrote:

I consider Kaizy a friend, now whether or not he considers me a friend also I don't know. That's one reason I took a bit offense. Now I would have gone after anyone for saying something like that but it hurt because it means that I wouldn't be seen as a friend if I voted for Rommney which is a bullshit reason to end a friendship.
The main reason as I said though, its someones opinion on who they think should lead our country. Its one of the corner stones of our rights, which is that of free speech. If I wanted to vote for George Washington or Adolf Hitler that's my right even though most people would call it a waste id be damned if id let it end a friendship. Its the same as Unions muscling out candidates they don't like by making workers vote a certain way. Free speech is a big thing for me because I've had mine suppressed so many times.
Back to top Go down
Zaraphayx

Zaraphayx

PostSubject: Re: let's have a mature, reasonable debate   let's have a mature, reasonable debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 8:38 pm

Kaizy wrote:

Aww how adorable

We will make him a trophy that says "I have a big internet dick" and we will put it right in the shelf so that everyone can admire how cool he is

Yes, I am obviously trying to win imaginary internet points on a board with like 10 people; we should use you to project pictures onto the moon.

Consider for a moment that I genuinely didn't like your tone in your last post, a hard concept to grasp perhaps.

Back to top Go down
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

PostSubject: Re: let's have a mature, reasonable debate   let's have a mature, reasonable debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 8:57 pm

Oooooh-bamma.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: let's have a mature, reasonable debate   let's have a mature, reasonable debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 9:21 pm

Zaraphayx wrote:

Yeah, and besides, that's a two-way street. I mean ffs
if you think Fallout is an FPS and RE5 was a betrayal
well come on, how valuable is your friendship anyway?
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

Humor : Decompression sickness

PostSubject: Re: let's have a mature, reasonable debate   let's have a mature, reasonable debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 9:26 pm

"I feel that the puppet on the left shares my beliefs!"
"The puppet on the right is more to my liking."

Makes no difference because they're both held up at the strings by Coca Cola, McDonalds, Starbucks, etc.
Back to top Go down
Zaraphayx

Zaraphayx

PostSubject: Re: let's have a mature, reasonable debate   let's have a mature, reasonable debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 9:50 pm

Caribou wrote:
"I feel that the puppet on the left shares my beliefs!"
"The puppet on the right is more to my liking."

Makes no difference because they're both held up at the strings by Coca Cola, McDonalds, Starbucks, etc.

Quiet you're ruining this perfectly good hate boner we have going for old white people.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: let's have a mature, reasonable debate   let's have a mature, reasonable debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 10:19 pm

truth be told you guys already ruined this thread so GFYS wholesale
Back to top Go down
Zaraphayx

Zaraphayx

PostSubject: Re: let's have a mature, reasonable debate   let's have a mature, reasonable debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 10:28 pm

Now it's only at a half-chub.
Back to top Go down
Tank Abuse

Tank Abuse

Humor : Exposed.

PostSubject: Re: let's have a mature, reasonable debate   let's have a mature, reasonable debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 11:05 pm

Kaizy wrote:
My point about "disowning you as a friend" was simply me expressing that Romney is a really fucking messed up person, his views on race, religion, women, gay rights, ect. are all kinds of fucked up, and he does not deserve to be in any sort of position that gives him the power to change things to favor his terrible views. And, my point was, if you are someone with half a brain that isnt a rich old white man, then you have no excuse to vote for Romney because giving him a vote is supporting all of those horrible views of his and the terrible things he wants to enact as President. If you honestly would sit there and tell me that this man is definitely your pick to run a country, then I really just have nothing more to say to you, especially if you support anything like equal rights for women and the LGBTQ community.

Im not even saying vote for Obama because I know he isnt much of a pick either, but dont vote for Romney. Vote for anyone else but Romney. And if you dont vote, then you basically havent helped keep him out of office or anything, and if he wins and starts fucking things up, you really have no right to complain about it because all you can say is "I didnt vote".

So yeah, if it sounds like Im going to hate you for picking Romney or not trying to keep him out of office by doing something as simple as not voting for him, then its because youre essentially handing the election off to a rich old gay-hating man who wants to drag the country back to the Biblical times.

Zaraphayx wrote:
blackfuredfox wrote:

Aww how adorable

That whole "lul u have only been here for a little while so why dont i go and use that to belittle u" gig is one of the things I was trying to get away from when I left FAF.

Nice to see this petty shit is still going strong even on a forum like this. No really hats off boys.

Also, your [shitty] view on Romney supporters is the reason why I do not tell anyone who I am voting for.

For any reason.

Ever.

Back to top Go down
http://gman313.deviantart.com/
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: let's have a mature, reasonable debate   let's have a mature, reasonable debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 4:06 am

blackfuredfox wrote:
I consider Kaizy a friend, now whether or not he considers me a friend also I don't know.
I figured you had known me long enough to know I consider you a friend

Zaraphayx wrote:
Kaizy wrote:

Aww how adorable

Yes, I am obviously trying to win imaginary internet points on a board with like 10 people; we should use you to project pictures onto the moon.

Consider for a moment that I genuinely didn't like your tone in your last post, a hard concept to grasp perhaps.

Oh cute
So you dont agree with what I say and you insult me by saying I probably have no friends because of my views towards a sexist gay hater and his blind supporters
Thats nice

Tank Abuse wrote:
That whole "lul u have only been here for a little while so why dont i go and use that to belittle u" gig is one of the things I was trying to get away from when I left FAF.

Nice to see this petty shit is still going strong even on a forum like this. No really hats off boys.

Also, your [shitty] view on Romney supporters is the reason why I do not tell anyone who I am voting for.

For any reason.

Ever.

I apologize for the "Ive been here longer" implication, but I dont appreciate people talking shit to me
Im really big on respecting people, and if someone doesnt want to respect me, Im sure as shit not going to respect them
I understand I was pretty blunt with that post, but I dont support the guys views at all, and I really dont think anyone with moral decency should support a man with those kinds of views because theyre extreme right-wing ideals and religious bull that were going to be forced on the nation
But hey, if you want to support a man who harasses people he thinks are gay (but arent) into suicide and has no respect towards women's rights, then by all means, go for it. I just dont think wed ever get along though. Ever.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: let's have a mature, reasonable debate   let's have a mature, reasonable debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 4:09 am

Oh yeah, Obama won IIRC

So at least Romney isnt in office

Yay

Woohoo

Alright no more politics, go back to posting dicks
Back to top Go down
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

PostSubject: Re: let's have a mature, reasonable debate   let's have a mature, reasonable debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 4:10 am

PENIS
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: let's have a mature, reasonable debate   let's have a mature, reasonable debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 4:11 am

Lucy wrote:
PENIS
There you go
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: let's have a mature, reasonable debate   let's have a mature, reasonable debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 4:12 am

Kaizy you never answered the most important question and this is
why are you all of a sudden making Woobyposts you know that's so WTF LOL
but whatever you hate my guts anyway like the rest of these fucks BAWWW
dicks on hard 'til a nigga go soft n shit. Jesus fuck
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: let's have a mature, reasonable debate   let's have a mature, reasonable debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 4:16 am

Wolf-Bone wrote:
Meh, I just dont like Romney
And everyone already knows my stance on insulting people

Did you support Romney or something?
Back to top Go down
Zaraphayx

Zaraphayx

PostSubject: Re: let's have a mature, reasonable debate   let's have a mature, reasonable debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 4:25 am

Kaizy wrote:

Oh cute
So you dont agree with what I say and you insult me by saying I probably have no friends because of my views towards a sexist gay hater and his blind supporters
Thats nice

Being condescending is the best way to sway others to your point of view I've heard.

I said "hardly any", not none; semantics I know, but you're too comfortable with exaggerating and blowing things way out of proportion for me to just let it go.

This is less about condoning sexist gay haters and more about the fact that you are way too presumptuous when it comes to personal reasons for supporting a candidate. Not everyone who supported Romney did so because they hate gay people and women, some people simply favor smaller government or fiscal conservatism. Frankly I doubt very much that Romney being elected was going to set back minority civil rights at all.

I don't really even know why I'm bothering to justify myself to you because the presidential election is one big misdirection anyway; I should have learned a long time ago I can't be serious on a furry board without someone getting twisted out of shape.

Quote :
I apologize for the "Ive been here longer" implication, but I dont appreciate people talking shit to me
Im really big on respecting people, and if someone doesnt want to respect me, Im sure as shit not going to respect them

The post I responded to initially was anything but respectful. You don't get to shit on other people and then act righteously offended when someone else calls you on it; that isn't how life works.

Quote :
I understand I was pretty blunt with that post, but I dont support the guys views at all, and I really dont think anyone with moral decency should support a man with those kinds of views because theyre extreme right-wing ideals and religious bull that were going to be forced on the nation

Speculation and hearsay, you need to stop watching so much sensationalist broadcasting.

Quote :
But hey, if you want to support a man who harasses people he thinks are gay (but arent) into suicide and has no respect towards women's rights, then by all means, go for it. I just dont think wed ever get along though. Ever.

And here you go again with the assumptions and appeal to ridicule.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: let's have a mature, reasonable debate   let's have a mature, reasonable debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 4:26 am

Kaizy wrote:
Wolf-Bone wrote:
Meh, I just dont like Romney
And everyone already knows my stance on insulting people

I'm something of a different case. I'm a "Liberal" who believes his "Liberal" values are older than dirt
and I'm trying very hard to conserve them. So, does that not make me Conservative?
whatever is down with that, that's who I'm down with. Hence, I despise everyone
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: let's have a mature, reasonable debate   let's have a mature, reasonable debate - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 4:51 am

Zaraphayx wrote:
Kaizy wrote:

Oh cute
Thats nice

Being condescending is the best way to sway others to your point of view I've heard.

I said "hardly any", not none; semantics I know, but you're too comfortable with exaggerating and blowing things way out of proportion for me to just let it go.

This is less about condoning sexist gay haters and more about the fact that you are way too presumptuous when it comes to personal reasons for supporting a candidate. Not everyone who supported Romney did so because they hate gay people and women, some people simply favor smaller government or fiscal conservatism. Frankly I doubt very much that Romney being elected was going to set back minority civil rights at all.

I don't really even know why I'm bothering to justify myself to you because the presidential election is one big misdirection anyway; I should have learned a long time ago I can't be serious on a furry board without someone getting twisted out of shape.

Quote :

The post I responded to initially was anything but respectful. You don't get to shit on other people and then act righteously offended when someone else calls you on it; that isn't how life works.

Quote :

Speculation and hearsay, you need to stop watching so much sensationalist broadcasting.

Quote :

And here you go again with the assumptions and appeal to ridicule.
Well for one, I dont watch "sensationalist broadcasting", I really dont even watch TV much these days, most of the information i get is from articles and stuff online

Again, I get I was pretty blunt with the views towards Romney, but the guy has some messed up values. Yes there were probably some people voting for him who liked the political approach he would have had or because they were Republican, but its hard to believe that when any Romney supporter I hear or see is a religious nutcase spouting off about hating gays and how Romney is going to save their religion and take the "communist" out of power. His lunatic fans really make themselves heard and it doesnt really do much for his sane fans because then all you assume is that his regular supporters are on board with the lunatics.

I got out of hand, but I dont like Romneys views. If I was more interested in politics, I may be able to agree with some of his ideas, but he himself as a person and his beliefs are too fucked up for me to ever consider supporting him, no matter how great his ideas are.

Yeah in todays society we should be more focused on the actual politics than the character of the candidate, but the sad truth is that most of society today doesnt give two shits about the issues unless theyre the same controversial ones that we hear about all the damn time. Otherwise, its essentially image politics, where having a good image and trying to make out the other candidate as a terrible monster is the only way to win an election, and Im sorry to say that I never did get into politics, so I have to do my voting by character and again, I dont like Romney.

Also dont give me the "I dont even know why Im bothering with this" line because we all know youre bothering with it because you want to make a point like the rest of us.

Wolf-Bone wrote:
Kaizy wrote:

I'm something of a different case. I'm a "Liberal" who believes his "Liberal" values are older than dirt
and I'm trying very hard to conserve them. So, does that not make me Conservative?
whatever is down with that, that's who I'm down with. Hence, I despise everyone
...thats not exactly what I asked

I asked if you support Romney, not your political/personal status
I dont really care much about having conservative/liberal values, thats fine by me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: let's have a mature, reasonable debate   let's have a mature, reasonable debate - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

let's have a mature, reasonable debate
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next