HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Layout Suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
avatar

Humor : Shit hawks.
Posts : 5184
Join date : 2011-10-23
Age : 24
Location : Everywhere and nowhere.

PostSubject: Layout Suggestions   Wed May 01, 2013 4:38 am

So I've been tinkering around, trying to give this place a really nice look about it. I'd love input from everyone on what they think might help!

Are the colors fine as they are? Is it time for a new color scheme or maybe a new banner? Please give your suggestions~ ^^

_________________
"Brothers, today is the day we revolt against our oppressive shark overlord. She is a filthy gill-breather that must be expunged to free us into a forum society that deserves free reign over its own actions. No longer shall we be the sheep of Lucy and her corrupt motivations. So rise up, forumers. Rise up, children of freedom. Let us smoke the dogfish with the sweet honey glaze of revenge!"

"#HeilNickiMinaj2013"

~Greg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tank Abuse

avatar

Humor : Exposed.
Posts : 2581
Join date : 2012-09-23
Age : 103
Location : Wandering around Dearborn, MI

PostSubject: Re: Layout Suggestions   Wed May 01, 2013 4:42 am

Lucy wrote:
So I've been tinkering around, trying to give this place a really nice look about it. I'd love input from everyone on what they think might help!

Are the colors fine as they are? Is it time for a new color scheme or maybe a new banner? Please give your suggestions~ ^^

That.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gman313.deviantart.com/
Kaizy
Admin
avatar

Humor : Sin
Posts : 6179
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 26
Location : Bed

PostSubject: Re: Layout Suggestions   Wed May 01, 2013 7:17 am

The design of the forum itself probably needs a total overhaul since its growing dated now
We've utilized the same color scheme since moving here and the banner hasnt changed in probably a year

_________________
Sing me sweet serenades
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
avatar

Posts : 7308
Join date : 2011-10-17
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Layout Suggestions   Wed May 01, 2013 9:04 am

Kaizy wrote:
The design of the forum itself probably needs a total overhaul since its growing dated now
We've utilized the same color scheme since moving here and the banner hasnt changed in probably a year

I think you'll find this color scheme to your liking...

(Though not everyone will feel the same way, so the controls are under Administration Panel>Display>Pictures and colors>Colors)

_________________
Hello furriend! Have you heard the good news about our lord and savior, knot?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://furrygtw.forumotion.com
greg-the-fox

avatar

Posts : 6633
Join date : 2011-10-26
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Layout Suggestions   Wed May 01, 2013 9:09 am

OH MY GOD, MY EYES
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
avatar

Posts : 7308
Join date : 2011-10-17
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Layout Suggestions   Wed May 01, 2013 9:23 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
OH MY GOD, MY EYES

Y U no like Lyra?

_________________
Hello furriend! Have you heard the good news about our lord and savior, knot?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://furrygtw.forumotion.com
greg-the-fox

avatar

Posts : 6633
Join date : 2011-10-26
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Layout Suggestions   Wed May 01, 2013 9:53 am

Riv wrote:
greg-the-fox wrote:
OH MY GOD, MY EYES

Y U no like Lyra?

It's way, way, way too saturated. You might not be able to tell (it looks ok on my laptop), but on my super bright, high contrast IPS monitor it's blinding.

This is what it's like now http://colorschemedesigner.com/#3e11T----U8P7
This is how it would look muted http://colorschemedesigner.com/#3e11TooE8wtw0

Well my biggest problem is actually the horrible clashing with the orange that's still left
Never mind you fixed that, looks loads better.

If I were to pick a color scheme, it would probably be something like this (look at the dark page example)
http://colorschemedesigner.com/#3w11TcHu-g0QX

Purple might also be sexy
http://colorschemedesigner.com/#4P11T5Rscfzlv

Dark color scheme might be nice for a change (though nothing makes my eyes bleed like reading white text on a black page, yes some forums really do use that and I don't know how anyone lasts a day on them, if I see that I'm immediately gone)


Last edited by greg-the-fox on Wed May 01, 2013 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
avatar

Posts : 7308
Join date : 2011-10-17
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Layout Suggestions   Wed May 01, 2013 10:04 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
Riv wrote:
greg-the-fox wrote:
OH MY GOD, MY EYES

Y U no like Lyra?

It's way, way, way too saturated. You might not be able to tell (it looks ok on my laptop), but on my super bright, high contrast IPS monitor it's blinding.

Well, these are Lyra's colors exactly. Either it looks the same way on your screen as it does on mine, or your screen is calibrated wrong. (Also, a screen shot doesn't take any aspects of your monitor into account, so sending me a screenshot to show me the effects of the contrast of your monitor is completely silly.)

Quote :
Well my biggest problem is actually the horrible clashing with the orange that's still left (does it let you change that?)

Yeah, but it's an image, so I had to download it, change the color in GIMP, and reupload it. I was in a hurry earlier, so I didn't do that part.

Quote :
If I were to pick a color scheme, it would probably be something like this (look at the dark page example)
http://colorschemedesigner.com/#3w11TcHu-g0QX
Dark color scheme might be nice for a change (though nothing makes my eyes bleed like reading white text on a black page, yes some forums really do use that and I don't know how anyone lasts a day on them, if I see that I'm immediately gone)

I'll give it a shot.

_________________
Hello furriend! Have you heard the good news about our lord and savior, knot?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://furrygtw.forumotion.com
greg-the-fox

avatar

Posts : 6633
Join date : 2011-10-26
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Layout Suggestions   Wed May 01, 2013 10:10 am

Riv wrote:
Well, these are Lyra's colors exactly. Either it looks the same way on your screen as it does on mine, or your screen is calibrated wrong. (Also, a screen shot doesn't take any aspects of your monitor into account, so sending me a screenshot to show me the effects of the contrast of your monitor is completely silly.)

Well that color scheme looks good in the context of the show but on a webpage generally you want the background to not stand out much and be ignored, be easy to look at, and show text well.

Believe me, watching MLP on this monitor looks amazing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
avatar

Posts : 7308
Join date : 2011-10-17
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Layout Suggestions   Wed May 01, 2013 10:11 am

I tried the 'dark' theme.

I think the light color on the background looks good, but the dark color is too dark.

Opinions?

greg-the-fox wrote:
Riv wrote:
Well, these are Lyra's colors exactly. Either it looks the same way on your screen as it does on mine, or your screen is calibrated wrong. (Also, a screen shot doesn't take any aspects of your monitor into account, so sending me a screenshot to show me the effects of the contrast of your monitor is completely silly.)

Well that color scheme looks good in the context of the show but on a webpage generally you want the background to not stand out much and be ignored, be easy to look at, and show text well.

Believe me, watching MLP on this monitor looks amazing.

I was fucking with Kaizy, not proposing we actually use that as a color scheme...

_________________
Hello furriend! Have you heard the good news about our lord and savior, knot?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://furrygtw.forumotion.com
greg-the-fox

avatar

Posts : 6633
Join date : 2011-10-26
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Layout Suggestions   Wed May 01, 2013 10:13 am

Riv wrote:
I tried the 'dark' theme.

I think the light color on the background looks good, but the dark color is too dark.

Opinions?

Yes.
I don't like this tool that much, I wish it let me just pick the individual brightness and saturation of the colors instead of the clunky Scheme Contrast slider. I'm also really jealous of your admin powers and wish I could fool around with the page too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
avatar

Posts : 7308
Join date : 2011-10-17
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Layout Suggestions   Wed May 01, 2013 10:14 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
Riv wrote:
I tried the 'dark' theme.

I think the light color on the background looks good, but the dark color is too dark.

Opinions?

Yes.
I don't like this tool that much, I wish it let me just pick the individual brightness and saturation of the colors instead of the clunky Scheme Contrast slider. I'm also really jealous of your admin powers and wish I could fool around with the page too.

I brought the dark down to a light grey. Now it's a bit like the old theme;

>desaturated color
>light grey
>desaturated color
>light grey
>desaturated color
>light grey
... etc

_________________
Hello furriend! Have you heard the good news about our lord and savior, knot?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://furrygtw.forumotion.com
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
avatar

Posts : 7308
Join date : 2011-10-17
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Layout Suggestions   Wed May 01, 2013 10:33 am

AAAAAaaaaaaand... I'm out of time. I'll be back later tonight, I'd appreciate any comments about the color scheme. I'm in the middle of fixing the buttons at the top so they're cool instead of warm, but it's tedious.

(And I guess I'll finally make the 'register' button not be in French.)

_________________
Hello furriend! Have you heard the good news about our lord and savior, knot?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://furrygtw.forumotion.com
greg-the-fox

avatar

Posts : 6633
Join date : 2011-10-26
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Layout Suggestions   Wed May 01, 2013 10:47 am

Omfg I love this tool. I also found out how to change each individual color variant. (I can't believe I spent an hour using this)
I really like the analogic color scheme (3 tertiary colors)
Maybe add some green and purple to this if you think monochrome is too boring.
http://colorschemedesigner.com/#3w52677K-8HuD0C5ZC1AgS52EnTG3zrYW4xQKj8AvWT9AgTGaEBTGbEBY1gBaYWhzFV3iGcP7jBpVwky3XN
Look at how damn well this current scheme you're using goes with Kaizy's avatar. That could work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RickyBobbyMew

avatar

Posts : 307
Join date : 2013-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Layout Suggestions   Wed May 01, 2013 12:32 pm

Is it just me, or is there no way to go to the latest post in a thread in the mobile template, aside from scrolling through every page?

I'm probably missing something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
avatar

Humor : Shit hawks.
Posts : 5184
Join date : 2011-10-23
Age : 24
Location : Everywhere and nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Layout Suggestions   Wed May 01, 2013 3:23 pm

Well, I'd love to get a new banner up there, we just need someone willing to draw it and five character to go on it. >w>

_________________
"Brothers, today is the day we revolt against our oppressive shark overlord. She is a filthy gill-breather that must be expunged to free us into a forum society that deserves free reign over its own actions. No longer shall we be the sheep of Lucy and her corrupt motivations. So rise up, forumers. Rise up, children of freedom. Let us smoke the dogfish with the sweet honey glaze of revenge!"

"#HeilNickiMinaj2013"

~Greg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zoe
I <3 Tentacles
avatar

Humor : Consentacles
Posts : 2308
Join date : 2012-07-02
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Layout Suggestions   Wed May 01, 2013 3:29 pm

Lucy wrote:
Well, I'd love to get a new banner up there, we just need someone willing to draw it and five character to go on it. >w>
I might... I could, I'd just need to know who would be drawn.

Oh, also it's in pencil.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
avatar

Posts : 7308
Join date : 2011-10-17
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Layout Suggestions   Wed May 01, 2013 10:57 pm

RickyBobbyMew wrote:
Is it just me, or is there no way to go to the latest post in a thread in the mobile template, aside from scrolling through every page?

I'm probably missing something.

I gave up on the mobile version a long time ago. The only way to access the latest page directly is to;

1- Read the number of posts in a thread.

2- Click on the thread.

3- Copy the URL from the link that goes to page 2.

4- Paste the URL into the URL bar, find the number that comes after 'p', and change it to a number that's closer to the total number of posts in the thread.

In other words; click the button on the bottom that says "Switch to non-mobile version". Not a single fuck wa

greg-the-fox wrote:
Omfg I love this tool. I also found out how to change each individual color variant. (I can't believe I spent an hour using this)
I really like the analogic color scheme (3 tertiary colors)
Maybe add some green and purple to this if you think monochrome is too boring.
http://colorschemedesigner.com/#3w52677K-8HuD0C5ZC1AgS52EnTG3zrYW4xQKj8AvWT9AgTGaEBTGbEBY1gBaYWhzFV3iGcP7jBpVwky3XN
Look at how damn well this current scheme you're using goes with Kaizy's avatar. That could work.

It could work, but I think they're more of accent colors than main colors. I'll give it a chance, though.

Lucy wrote:
Well, I'd love to get a new banner up there, we just need someone willing to draw it and five character to go on it. >w>

Don't look at me, I can hardly draw worth a shit, and I've always felt awkward about being drawn by someone else.

_________________
Hello furriend! Have you heard the good news about our lord and savior, knot?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://furrygtw.forumotion.com
Monochrome Kanon

avatar

Humor : Maybe
Posts : 1310
Join date : 2011-10-22
Age : 24
Location : Argentina

PostSubject: Re: Layout Suggestions   Wed May 01, 2013 10:59 pm

Hello :I
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/monochromekanon/
Tank Abuse

avatar

Humor : Exposed.
Posts : 2581
Join date : 2012-09-23
Age : 103
Location : Wandering around Dearborn, MI

PostSubject: Re: Layout Suggestions   Wed May 01, 2013 11:00 pm

Zoe wrote:
Lucy wrote:
Well, I'd love to get a new banner up there, we just need someone willing to draw it and five character to go on it. >w>
I might... I could, I'd just need to know who would be drawn.

Oh, also it's in pencil.

Wait, you do art?

The weeb cat is full of surprises.

EDIT: 2000 posts. Watch the fuck out I'm gonna take this forum by storm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gman313.deviantart.com/
greg-the-fox

avatar

Posts : 6633
Join date : 2011-10-26
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Layout Suggestions   Wed May 01, 2013 11:02 pm

I think the black sidebars would look better if they were more medium/light gray
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
avatar

Posts : 7308
Join date : 2011-10-17
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Layout Suggestions   Wed May 01, 2013 11:04 pm

greg-the-fox wrote:
I think the black sidebars would look better if they were more medium/light gray

How's that?

_________________
Hello furriend! Have you heard the good news about our lord and savior, knot?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://furrygtw.forumotion.com
greg-the-fox

avatar

Posts : 6633
Join date : 2011-10-26
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Layout Suggestions   Wed May 01, 2013 11:05 pm

Riv wrote:
greg-the-fox wrote:
I think the black sidebars would look better if they were more medium/light gray

How's that?

Gives kind of a "tunnel vision" feeling because of the contrast
Yeah that's better
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lunar
Certified Muff-Diving Instructor
avatar

Humor : I Dimmadon't give a shit.
Posts : 2323
Join date : 2011-11-11
Age : 25
Location : Cabinet of Perturbation

PostSubject: Re: Layout Suggestions   Thu May 02, 2013 12:53 am

New banner please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Monochrome Kanon

avatar

Humor : Maybe
Posts : 1310
Join date : 2011-10-22
Age : 24
Location : Argentina

PostSubject: Re: Layout Suggestions   Thu May 02, 2013 12:55 am

Helloooo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/monochromekanon/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Layout Suggestions   

Back to top Go down
 
Layout Suggestions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Question: Adapting New PAS3 Tone Control PCB To Original 4 Knob Layout
» 'Man Of Steel' Initial Picture Suggestions
» Ideas for buildings - train layout
» VTA Low-Gain Preamp Tube Suggestions...
» New Dorm System: Skill Rank Name Suggestions

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
General Time-Wasters :: Main Category :: General Discussion-
Jump to: