General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Attention Thread

Go down 
+11
Toshabi
Riv
Kaiser
Azure
XoPachi
Wolf-Bone
Lucan
Monochrome Kanon
Lucy
RickyBobbyMew
eversleep
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

The Attention Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Attention Thread   The Attention Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 5:30 pm

What scares me is, socially, I'm as paranoid as this guy.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: The Attention Thread   The Attention Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 5:30 pm

I hate myself and want to die ^______^
Back to top Go down
Toshabi

Toshabi

PostSubject: Re: The Attention Thread   The Attention Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 6:06 pm

eversleep wrote:
Nothing! I'm making friends with you guys. ^^ Isn't this what you want?

No.
Back to top Go down
Tank Abuse

Tank Abuse

Humor : Exposed.

PostSubject: Re: The Attention Thread   The Attention Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 6:09 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:

Too much happy.
Back to top Go down
http://gman313.deviantart.com/
eversleep

Humor : weird stuff

PostSubject: Re: The Attention Thread   The Attention Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 6:42 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
Aww, that's not good. Can you tell me why you think those things? =(
Back to top Go down
Zoe
I <3 Tentacles
Zoe

Humor : Consentacles

PostSubject: Re: The Attention Thread   The Attention Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 9:25 pm

RickyBobbyMew wrote:
I think it's a matter of perception more than anything else. He's convinced himself he'll be rejected from any social interaction before engaging in it, which becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. He's not a bad kid, but the first several conversations we had he was convinced I would hate him, too. I'd LIKE to think he created this thread to troll everyone, but that's not the case. I'd LIKE to think he created it to try and get approval but EVERYONE knows that SURE AS FUCK isn't the case. People here have made it pretty clear they don't like him, but the truth is he gave up before even posting anything.

Eversleep, my question to you is WHY would you create this thread, which was obviously spawned by Riv's prior comments along with others if you know it'll just piss people off? The problem isn't that everyone hates you, it's that you don't even give people the chance to like you. Most of what you post is negative, which is a detractor, but you're not more emo than many prevalent posters. In places such as this, you create a downward spiral of negativity which is propagated by your apparent NEED to get people to accept you and your inability to lay things to rest when you don't think they are going your way.

It's up to you, but you have a couple options here. You can keep doing this kind of stuff until you get banned, or for once you could actually give people a chance to like you. That means DON'T do things that will obviously annoy people just to reassure yourself the situation hasn't changed. You need to stop obsessing over this kind of stuff. It's just the internet.

Next time you get a sudden urge to post a thread, THINK ABOUT IT first. Don't create thread just to get a response -- post a thread because you actually have something LEGITIMATE and SUBSTANTIAL to say. You should always ask yourself, "how will people react if I post this?" even if you are just making a reply. If you not sure, then don't post it. Threads shouldn't be created unless there's something substantial to say.

Or, you can just keep posting nonsense. To be honest, I don't really care and I'll still be friends with you regardless. If you're REALLY trying to get approval from other people though, this is the wrong way to do it. Try to CHILL OUT a bit. And by chill out, I mean stop taking things so personally and stop trying too hard to elicit a response from people. Try to have a normal conversation, kind of like we do over IM. And for bonus points, try filtering out some of the negativity and post things that are positive. I'll be honest, I filter out about 90% of what I say because it's negative. There's nothing wrong with ranting every now and then, but save it for something worthwhile.
Wow, I actually read that whole thing. Eversleep, you should too, 'specially that last paragraph.

Well put Ricky.

Last edited by Zoe on Wed May 08, 2013 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : damn the new page)
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: The Attention Thread   The Attention Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 10:32 pm

eversleep wrote:
Wolf-Bone wrote:

you missed the point of the post
i was pointing out the bizarre juxtapositions of your posts
these dire, depressive sentiments
coupled with claims of affection for others here
and smilies for people you don't even know yet
you have to admit it's odd
Back to top Go down
eversleep

PostSubject: Re: The Attention Thread   The Attention Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 10:39 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
eversleep wrote:
Wolf-Bone wrote:

you missed the point of the post
i was pointing out the bizarre juxtapositions of your posts
these dire, depressive sentiments
coupled with claims of affection for others here
and smilies for people you don't even know yet
you have to admit it's odd
I have an emotional disorder. =\ Or maybe just I'm in a good mood or bad mood. But I really do love you guys. <3
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: The Attention Thread   The Attention Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 11:08 pm

I'm just going to come out and say it. I resent you. I resent that I'm actually trying to make something of myself and it's been nothing but an uphill battle. I scrimp and save and bleed and sweat and give everything I have, as little as it is, to my family. Not a damn thing for myself. I do this in spite of (or probably because of) my clinical depression. I get nothing for it but grief. And you fucking cry about your "emotional disorder" while spending what's probably your allowance (itself disgraceful at 20 years of age) on Pokeman toys. I made some mistakes in my life, and that's partly why I'm in the spot I'm in. But let's be honest, you don't even want to change as long as you can piss and moan and mooch off others while living in perpetual adolescence.

You're what's wrong with this culture!
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

Humor : Anything

PostSubject: Re: The Attention Thread   The Attention Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 11:56 pm

His ALLOWANCE!!!!

LOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://xopachi.tumblr.com/
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: The Attention Thread   The Attention Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 12:14 am

XoPachi wrote:
His ALLOWANCE!!!!

well come on, you know the guy's got no fucking job so how else is he paying for his pokiemans?
Back to top Go down
Azure

PostSubject: Re: The Attention Thread   The Attention Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 12:59 am

Wolf-Bone wrote:
Pokeman
kids......listen to the rap music

for real though, ALLOWANCE? i made more money than eversleep since i was 8 years old.
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

Humor : Decompression sickness

PostSubject: Re: The Attention Thread   The Attention Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 4:00 am

Damn, people wanna stick me for mah paper.
Back to top Go down
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

PostSubject: Re: The Attention Thread   The Attention Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 5:32 am

Sometimes I look at threads in this forum and think "What the fuck am I supposed to do with this one?"

Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

Humor : Anything

PostSubject: Re: The Attention Thread   The Attention Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 7:35 am

Lock it.
Back to top Go down
http://xopachi.tumblr.com/
eversleep

PostSubject: Re: The Attention Thread   The Attention Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 11:08 am

Wolf-Bone wrote:
I'm just going to come out and say it. I resent you. I resent that I'm actually trying to make something of myself and it's been nothing but an uphill battle. I scrimp and save and bleed and sweat and give everything I have, as little as it is, to my family. Not a damn thing for myself. I do this in spite of (or probably because of) my clinical depression. I get nothing for it but grief. And you fucking cry about your "emotional disorder" while spending what's probably your allowance (itself disgraceful at 20 years of age) on Pokeman toys. I made some mistakes in my life, and that's partly why I'm in the spot I'm in. But let's be honest, you don't even want to change as long as you can piss and moan and mooch off others while living in perpetual adolescence.

Why do you guys always have to put me down? I like to think I'm a decent person. I'm just a bit lost and confused- don't act like you've never been. You're older than me, so of course you're in a different situation. I haven't had the time to become smart and stuff. I made mistakes too but you don't even give me time to fix them. I'm sorry about the bad situation you're in but don't take it out on me. Maybe my parents spoiled me, I don't know. If you haven't noticed, a lot of my generation is lagging behind. We live in a shit economy, so relying on our parents is all we can do. Also a lot of people my age still love Pokemon and buy Pokemon toys and stuff. You're from a different generation and you don't understand. Changing is hard. It's not that I don't want to change, but it's really hard. Also I don't have an allowance, it was a gift card I got for Christmas that I didn't spend. I also bought a pair of jeans with it, if that's less "childish".

Wolf-Bone wrote:
XoPachi wrote:
His ALLOWANCE!!!!

well come on, you know the guy's got no fucking job so how else is he paying for his pokiemans?
I'M TRYING TO GET A JOB!!! You try to in this economy with no prior experience- nobody wants to hire me. Though I called up a local Wal-Mart the other day and asked about it and they took my name... I'm praying that they look over my application and hire me for night shift. And as I said it was a gift card I got for Christmas.

Azure wrote:
Wolf-Bone wrote:
Pokeman
kids......listen to the rap music

for real though, ALLOWANCE? i made more money than eversleep since i was 8 years old.
Well good for you. Maybe my parents didn't instill a good work ethic into me, so I didn't make money at such a young age. I don't know. My mom was always busy working so it's not like she had time to teach me stuff.

XoPachi wrote:
Lock it.
NO!!!! PLEASE DON'T!!!! This thread is the only thing I have that brings me joy. I need it in order to live. =(
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

Humor : Decompression sickness

PostSubject: Re: The Attention Thread   The Attention Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 11:16 am

You are not the best representative for my generation by a long shot.

Try to get a job with no experience? I'm a nursing assistant and this is my first job.
Back to top Go down
Zoe
I <3 Tentacles
Zoe

PostSubject: Re: The Attention Thread   The Attention Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 11:41 am

Do you think if eversleep watched MLP, he'd learn the true meaning of friendship?
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: The Attention Thread   The Attention Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 12:18 pm

Zoe wrote:
Do you think if eversleep watched MLP, he'd learn the true meaning of friendship?

he'd learn that friendship is magic
and magic is clopping
Back to top Go down
Zoe
I <3 Tentacles
Zoe

PostSubject: Re: The Attention Thread   The Attention Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 12:26 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
Zoe wrote:

he'd learn that friendship is magic
and magic is clopping
Like this?

Dear Princess Celestia,
........I was too busy clopping to learn anything.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: The Attention Thread   The Attention Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 12:44 pm

Zoe wrote:
like this?

Dear Princess Celestia,

that would actually be a better show
Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

PostSubject: Re: The Attention Thread   The Attention Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 1:20 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
Zoe wrote:
like this?

Dear Princess Celestia,

Bitch is a princess now. She's got nothing better to do.

Take it from me, being in a position of power basically just means you wank a lot.

Spoiler:

Also, if my experiences with Kaizy and Lucy are any indication, she's going to have lots of orgies with the other princesses.
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
Zoe
I <3 Tentacles
Zoe

PostSubject: Re: The Attention Thread   The Attention Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 1:28 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
Zoe wrote:
like this?

Dear Princess Celestia,

You're right, there's too many basic people skills being taught in that show. We should replace it with clop.
Back to top Go down
RickyBobbyMew

RickyBobbyMew

PostSubject: Re: The Attention Thread   The Attention Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 2:24 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:

Dude, he's 20. Give the kid a break =P

When I was that age, I was way more of an asshole than he is, by far.

Also, if I recall correctly you were out of a job as recently as a couple years ago for a pretty long time. If you are out of that situation, then congrats! But you are also my age, so complaining to him about not having all his shit together when you admit you don't have yours a decade later seems like the pot and the kettle.
eversleep wrote:
Maybe my parents spoiled me, I don't know. If you haven't noticed, a lot of my generation is lagging behind. We live in a shit economy, so relying on our parents is all we can do.

Maybe my parents didn't instill a good work ethic into me, so I didn't make money at such a young age. I don't know. My mom was always busy working so it's not like she had time to teach me stuff.
Watch out when you delegate responsibility for your situation to other people; you are taking yourself out of the equation. Let's assume a worst-case scenario; maybe you had the worst parents ever and they didn't teach you shit. Who cares? It doesn't change your situation and it doesn't really change the steps you need to take to reach your goals. If your parents can help then great, if they can't then you have to figure things out on your own.

I never had help from my own parents even though they were pretty well-off; they didn't want anything to do with me (and I don't COMPLETELY blame them for that, at least at the time). I learned work ethic because if I didn't keep a job I wouldn't be able to support myself. Plenty of people get by these days on their own. Relying on your parents IS NOT the only thing you can do, but saying that shows you aren't willing to take on the onus. That's what growing up is all about. You need to take responsibility for YOUR OWN LIFE and stop relying on other people. The fact that you are taking steps to change things is great! I'm not saying you aren't making an effort; I'm talking more about a psychological construct that needs to change.

Same thing with blaming the economy. Even though it's ubiquitous these days it doesn't change anything. If the economy is shit, you need to find a job in a shit economy. It's still possible; you just need to put that much more effort into it.

Also, there is nothing wrong with buying Pokemon with a gift card :p
eversleep wrote:
NO!!!! PLEASE DON'T!!!! This thread is the only thing I have that brings me joy. I need it in order to live. =(
WHOA Nellie Rolling Eyes

I really hope you are joking, here XD
Daisy The Bunny wrote:
Try to get a job with no experience? I'm a nursing assistant and this is my first job.

There are plenty of people on this forum in the same boat.

There's no reason to pick on the kid because of it.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: The Attention Thread   The Attention Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 3:07 pm

RickyBobbyMew wrote:
blah blah blah, you've got to belieeeve me *limpwrist*

Even when I was at the depths of my rut, I wasn't as utterly devoid of any sense of personal responsibility. I was fucking ashamed to be the way I was. I still am. But little by little, you do whatever it takes and stay determined that, come hell or high water, you will improve your lot. It's not even a guilt thing, it's a reality thing. Sitting on a forum and bitching solves absolutely nothing. What you haven't noticed from me, because I've been off FAF for quite some time and you've only been active here very recently, is I don't rely on forums for an outlet nearly to the extent I used to. And when I did, it was mostly just shitposting or waxing philosophical about shit to confuse people because I was bored. Me and him are two whole different balls of wax, whatever else we might have in common.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Attention Thread   The Attention Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Attention Thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
General Time-Wasters :: Main Category :: General Discussion-
Jump to: