General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WARNING: Spambots

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

WARNING: Spambots Empty
PostSubject: WARNING: Spambots   WARNING: Spambots Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 2:25 pm

So guess what? We're getting spambots.

Really fun spambots, too. These little fuckers are attaching trojans to the threads themselves.

So, my friends, DO NOT CLICK ANY THREAD PUT UP BY A SPAMBOT IF YOU CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE!

If you think there's a spambot thread, please let me or any of the other admins know IMMEDIATELY.
Back to top Go down
RickyBobbyMew

RickyBobbyMew

PostSubject: Re: WARNING: Spambots   WARNING: Spambots Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 10:37 pm

What do you mean by "they are attaching Trojans to the threads themselves?" That shouldn't be possible. Either your browser or OS had a vulnerability that got exploited (i.e. a buffer overflow in one of the win API's that happens so much) or there is a XSS flaw in the templates that the forum uses.

Even with the latter you should have to run something to get a virus.
Back to top Go down
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

PostSubject: Re: WARNING: Spambots   WARNING: Spambots Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 5:28 am

Whatever was trying to load in the spoilers those spambots put up was definitely throwing trojans at me, I had to run a full scan afterwards just to make sure my anti-virus caught them all. It would only notify when I opened a thread posted by the bots.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WARNING: Spambots   WARNING: Spambots Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WARNING: Spambots
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
General Time-Wasters :: Main Category :: General Discussion-
Jump to: