General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition

Go down 
+14
Kaiser
Azure
MiloTime
Wolf-Bone
Lucan
Maya
greg-the-fox
Llama
Riv
Kaizy
Zoe
Lucy
XoPachi
Tank Abuse
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Zaraphayx

Zaraphayx

Humor : I am not funny sorry :[

Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 8:01 pm

MiloTime wrote:
greg-the-fox wrote:
Dogfighting in PS2

I kept going back and forth between contemplating if dogfighting was the name of a PS2 game, or you were dogfighting in planetside 2.

planetside 2 shouldn't be made into an acronym. for the sake of the playstation 2.

Context clues.
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

Humor : Anything

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 8:06 pm

I'll give you the clues to come context this DICK.
Back to top Go down
http://xopachi.tumblr.com/
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 8:32 pm

Zaraphayx wrote:

Context clues.

I don't have much context on a game my computer never let me play.
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 8:35 pm

Planetside is pretty fucking demanding.
Back to top Go down
Zaraphayx

Zaraphayx

Humor : I am not funny sorry :[

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 8:55 pm

It's poorly optimized.

In megabattles you're pretty much gonna be stuck at 10-15 FPS maximum even if you're running a monster machine.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 9:18 pm

MiloTime wrote:
greg-the-fox wrote:
Dogfighting in PS2

I kept going back and forth between contemplating if dogfighting was the name of a PS2 game, or you were dogfighting in planetside 2.

planetside 2 shouldn't be made into an acronym. for the sake of the playstation 2.

Playstation 2 is 13 years old Seriously? 
They don't even make it anymore
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 9:22 pm

greg-the-fox wrote:

Playstation 2 is 13 years old Seriously? 
They don't even make it anymore

if I could, I'd buy a PS2, and spend like, $60 on 100 ps2 games.

I'd have a better time with all of those, than a single $60 game today.
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 9:43 pm

Never saw this. That is a nice fucking trailer for a free game.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 9:55 pm

Zaraphayx wrote:
It's poorly optimized.

In megabattles you're pretty much gonna be stuck at 10-15 FPS maximum even if you're running a monster machine.

Not true. Mine hardly ever dips below 30 even in very large battles. Usually at least 45, and I'm running it on pretty high settings (just some of the eye candy effects turned off) My computer isn't super high end either.

The optimization has gotten better lately, but still isn't great. It still crashes all the time...

Actually I've had a problem where the voice chat has completely broken, it happened to a whole bunch of other people too. I sent in a support ticket and I got a response saying they fixed it, but it's still broken for me... I'll probably have to deal with a whole huge headache of back and forth tech support and vague copypata support responses...

This is a game that finally gave me a social life and friends for the first time in a long time, now I don't have that anymore Forever ALONE! Playing solo is... okay... but it's not the same game without voice chat.
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 10:08 pm

greg-the-fox wrote:
Zaraphayx wrote:
It's poorly optimized.

Not true. Mine hardly ever dips below 30 even in very large battles. Usually at least 45, and I'm running it on pretty high settings (just some of the eye candy effects turned off) My computer isn't super high end either.

The optimization has gotten better lately, but still isn't great. It still crashes all the time...

Actually I've had a problem where the voice chat has completely broken, it happened to a whole bunch of other people too. I sent in a support ticket and I got a response saying they fixed it, but it's still broken for me... I'll probably have to deal with a whole huge headache of back and forth tech support and vague copypata support responses...

This is a game that finally gave me a social life and friends for the first time in a long time, now I don't have that anymore Forever ALONE! Playing solo is... okay... but it's not the same game without voice chat.

Same, I never had any real issues outside of funny glitches that happened to other players due to their scrub connections. Greg has a lot of problems and I have no idea why.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 11:52 pm

XoPachi wrote:
Same, I never had any real issues outside of funny glitches that happened to other players due to their scrub connections. Greg has a lot of problems and I have no idea why.

The game hates me
Probably because I haven't given Sony any of my money Not a single fuck wa 
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 31 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 11:59 pm

greg-the-fox wrote:
XoPachi wrote:

The game hates me

Neither have I. I don't even have PSN+. Not a single fuck wa 
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 12:03 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
XoPachi wrote:

The game hates me

wait, you're talking about sony? I though you were talking about PS2... I mean the other PS2. or is PS2 part of sony as well? the other PS2 I mean.

what the hell
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 12:05 am

MiloTime wrote:
greg-the-fox wrote:
The game hates me

wait, you're talking about sony? I though you were talking about PS2... I mean the other PS2. or is PS2 part of sony as well? the other PS2 I mean.

what the hell

Planetside 2 is owned by Sony Online Entertainment
Yes, that means Sony has two IPs with the acronym "PS2" inglip 
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 12:18 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
greg-the-fox wrote:
The game hates me

what the hell

Planetside 2 is owned by Sony Online Entertainment
Yes, that means Sony has two IPs with the acronym "PS2" inglip 

god dammit
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 31 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 12:38 am

Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 5:03 am

Well my voice chat in Planetside 2 is fixed now, yay
And I started playing another faction (TR) on the same server as my main. That can be kinda awkward pokerface

Oh, and I was looking at my killboard, and I saw this lol 
Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 31 31jND40
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 31 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 6:13 pm

I don't get PSO2 sometimes. I complete a mission following all the stipulations, but it says I didn't complete it. I check and see why and they have some other vague side stipulation with NOTHING anywhere even online telling you how to complete it.

This mission says
1: Complete in a certain time. I did.
2: Receive A rank or higher. I got S rank.
3: Complete only with Afin. WELL LAST I CHECKED, YOU CAN'T PLAY AS OR JOIN PARTIES WITH NPC'S SEGA. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

Humor : Sin

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 4:20 am

Me and my friend downloaded a bunch of modded decks for Magic 2014

...shes already banned me from using two of them Not a single fuck wa 
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 10:51 am

So in Planetside 2 there's this radial menu, where you hold q over an ally or his vehicle, and a bunch of buttons pop up, and you hover over the one you want to use with your mouse and let go of q.

The options are:
Add friend
(context sensitive: request transport, offer healing, request ammunition, etc)
Send message

And this thing is really fucking awkward to use, especially when people are moving. So yeah, as you can guess, you'll get a lot of "accidental friends" with this method. This is where things get awkward.

So I'm trying to get a ride from this guy in my platoon, he's in my outfit and I've played with him a bunch, but I don't know if he has a mic and I don't really know anything about him. I try to ask for a ride in his vehicle but I end up accidentally sending a friend request. He accepted right away. I should've just stopped there and found another vehicle, and pretended that was intentional. But I was being retarded so I tried again, and asked for a ride.

Immediately I thought OH FUCK, WHAT HAVE I DONE pokerface 
He gives me a ride.

Shortly after, he logs off
OH FUCK, HE HATES ME pokerface
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 5:28 pm

greg-the-fox wrote:
So in Planetside 2 there's this radial menu, where you hold q over an ally or his vehicle, and a bunch of buttons pop up, and you hover over the one you want to use with your mouse and let go of q.

The options are:
Add friend
(context sensitive: request transport, offer healing, request ammunition, etc)
Send message

And this thing is really fucking awkward to use, especially when people are moving. So yeah, as you can guess, you'll get a lot of "accidental friends" with this method. This is where things get awkward.

So I'm trying to get a ride from this guy in my platoon, he's in my outfit and I've played with him a bunch, but I don't know if he has a mic and I don't really know anything about him. I try to ask for a ride in his vehicle but I end up accidentally sending a friend request. He accepted right away. I should've just stopped there and found another vehicle, and pretended that was intentional. But I was being retarded so I tried again, and asked for a ride.

Immediately I thought OH FUCK, WHAT HAVE I DONE pokerface 
He gives me a ride.

Shortly after, he logs off
OH FUCK, HE HATES ME pokerface

what has your life become

it's like virtual highschool
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 5:49 pm

Man. PC gaming is superior, yes, but very little caters to me. I only have 17 games on Steam. Most of which were free. 1 I can't play because of Microsoft's shitty Games for Windows Live service (long story), and another is a mod...
Back to top Go down
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 7:09 pm

GFWL fucks a LOT of people over.

I can't play MK with my boyfriend because of it. :I
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 7:17 pm

Of course my fucking game decides to crash RIGHT as I'm taking out a Sunderer in my Scythe that oh I don't know, I just pulled. Seriously? 

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

Well at least I got ONE kill, oh soooooooo much XP
Yeah that's not going to haunt me forever, noooooooo
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 31 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 7:28 pm

Lucy wrote:
GFWL fucks a LOT of people over.

I can't play MK with my boyfriend because of it. :I

I can't play a game I PURCHASED THROUGH STEAM because of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 31 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition
Page 31 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next