HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Being Picky as HELL About Anthro Anatomy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
XoPachi

avatar

Humor : Anything
Posts : 4054
Join date : 2012-09-22
Age : 23
Location : EVAC Industry

PostSubject: Being Picky as HELL About Anthro Anatomy   Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:02 pm

This isn't gonna be eloquent or anything, but I just want to try and get this off my chest.

First, I'm not talking about what you like in porn or anything. I'm specifically talking about basic structure for the body of any bipedal anthro creature.

I'm noticing on DA, FAF, FAM, HF, and even fucking e621 that people curse and try their damndest to force artists who stylize* an anthro with "unrealistic" touches that they're doing something wrong. I never got why among any other groups, furries are so inexplicably picky about how an anthro "should" be.
I'm not the type to just always say furries are the worst at everything (like a certain forum) when there are notably WORSE groups on the net, but in this regard, I find furries to truly be the most persnickety and aggressive with this particular issue. And it's not just what they want on a mere personal level, but they try to make it law and are often obtrusive about it.
I can understand if you commission someone and you ask for specifics (why you'd commission anyone who makes stylistic choices you don't approve of is beyond me but also beyond the point). But it's not even that. I've gotten PM's on 2 different sites now telling me I'm awful and uneducated because I gave a gecko woman breasts. They were genuinely mad at me. I'm seeing this sort of thing all over the place as of the last few months and it's baffling.

*This is a side rant. I love when the word "style" comes up, it automatically and UNIVERSALLY ruffles the jimmies of artists or "arteests" as I use as a light derogatory term. It's as if you have to out do the works of Maxfield Parrish or all the talents of Udon Crew combined before you can even utter the fucking word. God forbid you actually DO know what you're doing and choose to deviate a bit. I know that style is not what people should focus on, but when a small touch is added why throw a huge fit?

That's all for now...

TL;DR: Why are furries picky about the anatomy of something that's purely fantasy so it doesn't always have to adhere to every rule?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xopachi.tumblr.com/
Tank Abuse

avatar

Humor : Exposed.
Posts : 2581
Join date : 2012-09-23
Age : 103
Location : Wandering around Dearborn, MI

PostSubject: Re: Being Picky as HELL About Anthro Anatomy   Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:29 pm

Because furries are stupid.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gman313.deviantart.com/
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
avatar

Posts : 7308
Join date : 2011-10-17
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Being Picky as HELL About Anthro Anatomy   Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:37 pm

I can understand why some people might be frustrated by people writing off inaccuracy as a 'style' choice, but that's just based on personal experience.

I know an artist who draws shit, attempting to do photorealism, but just totally lacks any understanding of lighting, perspective, texturing, or anatomy.

Whenever you point out those flaws, he gets really defensive and claims that all these problems are okay because it's 'his style.' It's mind-meltingly frustrating.

But the fact of the matter is, complaining about breasts on a gecko-woman is just fucking stupid. Yes, it's a reptile. It's a reptile that has been given superficial human-like features. One of those features happens to be breasts. Get over it, scale-fags.

_________________
Hello furriend! Have you heard the good news about our lord and savior, knot?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://furrygtw.forumotion.com
Kaizy
Admin
avatar

Humor : Sin
Posts : 6179
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 26
Location : Bed

PostSubject: Re: Being Picky as HELL About Anthro Anatomy   Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:55 pm

The problem isnt so much that theyre picky with anatomy, its that theyre picky with things that they want to be attracted to. If you draw something, and they see it and want to find it attractive but cant because of something youve added, such as a style choice or subject matter, they get mad because they cant overlook that glaring thing that they dont want to see so they can go about their business.

To sum it up, theyre mad because they cant fap to it. Not a single fuck wa

On that note though, theres also those people who hamper their ability by claiming an unintentional mistake or lack of skill in basic art foundations as a "style". The word has become something of a taboo. Everyone of course has their own artistic style, but when you claim that the disproportionate arms on your anthro kitsune OC are a "style choice", dont expect people to be nice. If you cant take some helpful constructive criticism, then you probably shouldnt have your art on a public website where anyone can comment on it at will. Whats worse is theres a lot of people that actually support this way of thinking and encourage the people that lack basic foundations that calling it a "style" is okay...and Ive seen really good artists tell people this. They arent helping them, theyre just further pushing them away from improvement by adding support towards this idea of a stylized lack of skill and its actually cringe-worthy. If youre an artist of that caliber and youre telling starting artists to ignore constructive criticism and go on claiming it as your "unique style", then you need to have your art supplies taken away from you for life.

_________________
Sing me sweet serenades
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
XoPachi

avatar

Humor : Anything
Posts : 4054
Join date : 2012-09-22
Age : 23
Location : EVAC Industry

PostSubject: Re: Being Picky as HELL About Anthro Anatomy   Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:07 pm

I understand that proportions and just basic foundations of drawing are important. But I'm actually talking about specifically adding defined features.

Like boobs on reppie women?
Like digitigrade on plantigrade animals, vice versa?
Like really long ears on a cow (Chalosan)?
Want them to be smooth like humans instead of furry like animals? That sort of thing.

And for me, I never give a fox a nose. Ever. Only Renamon who is about to lose her sniffing privileges next I draw her. O^O
Now, I know this is wrong. I know it's not realistic. And I know that I don't give a fuck. I like my foxes with no noses for some odd reason. I CAN do it. I choose not to. Not a single fuck wa
People get on me for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xopachi.tumblr.com/
Kaizy
Admin
avatar

Humor : Sin
Posts : 6179
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 26
Location : Bed

PostSubject: Re: Being Picky as HELL About Anthro Anatomy   Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:58 pm

XoPachi wrote:
I understand that proportions and just basic foundations of drawing are important. But I'm actually talking about specifically adding defined features.

Like boobs on reppie women?
Like digitigrade on plantigrade animals, vice versa?
Like really long ears on a cow (Chalosan)?
Want them to be smooth like humans instead of furry like animals? That sort of thing.

And for me, I never give a fox a nose. Ever. Only Renamon who is about to lose her sniffing privileges next I draw her. O^O
Now, I know this is wrong. I know it's not realistic. And I know that I don't give a fuck. I like my foxes with no noses for some odd reason. I CAN do it. I choose not to. Not a single fuck wa
People get on me for it.  
Oh, as far as people complaining about certain features added to an anthro, thats merely personal preference, and some people's preferences suck Not a single fuck wa

_________________
Sing me sweet serenades
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
Wolf-Bone

avatar

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2011-10-20
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Being Picky as HELL About Anthro Anatomy   Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:19 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MiloTime

avatar

Humor : George Michael Bluth
Posts : 11032
Join date : 2011-10-22
Age : 26
Location : Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Being Picky as HELL About Anthro Anatomy   Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:38 pm

ok then
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zaraphayx

avatar

Humor : I am not funny sorry :[
Posts : 1014
Join date : 2012-10-06
Age : 26
Location : Phoenix, AZ

PostSubject: Re: Being Picky as HELL About Anthro Anatomy   Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:43 pm

Bazooka tits and mega-dongs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kaizy
Admin
avatar

Humor : Sin
Posts : 6179
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 26
Location : Bed

PostSubject: Re: Being Picky as HELL About Anthro Anatomy   Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:38 am

Zaraphayx wrote:
Bazooka tits and mega-dongs.
See, Zara has the right idea

_________________
Sing me sweet serenades
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
avatar

Humor : Shit hawks.
Posts : 5184
Join date : 2011-10-23
Age : 24
Location : Everywhere and nowhere.

PostSubject: Re: Being Picky as HELL About Anthro Anatomy   Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:39 am

If it isn't 10000x scale, it isn't worth fapping to.

_________________
"Brothers, today is the day we revolt against our oppressive shark overlord. She is a filthy gill-breather that must be expunged to free us into a forum society that deserves free reign over its own actions. No longer shall we be the sheep of Lucy and her corrupt motivations. So rise up, forumers. Rise up, children of freedom. Let us smoke the dogfish with the sweet honey glaze of revenge!"

"#HeilNickiMinaj2013"

~Greg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maya

avatar

Posts : 1137
Join date : 2012-09-23
Age : 24
Location : Auckland, New Zealand

PostSubject: Re: Being Picky as HELL About Anthro Anatomy   Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:34 am

"oh my god why do you have balls dolphin testicles are supposed to be internal what the fuck is wrong with you this ruins the whole picture for me thanks you asshole"

seriously a response i got
Seriously?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/egregrious
MiloTime

avatar

Humor : George Michael Bluth
Posts : 11032
Join date : 2011-10-22
Age : 26
Location : Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Being Picky as HELL About Anthro Anatomy   Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:57 am

I used to be a fox.

then people kept calling me slutfox08 (never did get around to changing my FA name from milofox08)

now I'm a dolphin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XoPachi

avatar

Humor : Anything
Posts : 4054
Join date : 2012-09-22
Age : 23
Location : EVAC Industry

PostSubject: Re: Being Picky as HELL About Anthro Anatomy   Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:43 am

Greg wrote:
"oh my god why do you have balls dolphin testicles are supposed to be internal what the fuck is wrong with you this ruins the whole picture for me thanks you asshole"

seriously a response i got
Seriously?

And see? Maybe you don't fucking find that appealing for some obvious ass reasons. Same way people bug me for not drawing different types of dicks period. I refuse to make knots barbs, flat heads, or those spearheaded motherfuckers. I find them utterly repulsive. Humanoid 100%. Most I'd do is change the color and give it a sheath. That's fucking it. I don't care if it doesn't fit, it looks much better to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xopachi.tumblr.com/
Tank Abuse

avatar

Humor : Exposed.
Posts : 2581
Join date : 2012-09-23
Age : 103
Location : Wandering around Dearborn, MI

PostSubject: Re: Being Picky as HELL About Anthro Anatomy   Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:02 am

Artists are supposed to appeal to the tastes of every single person that was ever born.

This is a fact.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gman313.deviantart.com/
XoPachi

avatar

Humor : Anything
Posts : 4054
Join date : 2012-09-22
Age : 23
Location : EVAC Industry

PostSubject: Re: Being Picky as HELL About Anthro Anatomy   Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:16 am

Welp, I'm doing a VERY shitty job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xopachi.tumblr.com/
Kaizy
Admin
avatar

Humor : Sin
Posts : 6179
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 26
Location : Bed

PostSubject: Re: Being Picky as HELL About Anthro Anatomy   Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:17 pm

Tank Abuse wrote:
Artists are supposed to appeal to the tastes of every single person that was ever born.

This is a fact.
Its true

Were slaves to all the ungrateful people who look at our art with snooty distaste

The life of an artist is so hard D:

_________________
Sing me sweet serenades
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
XoPachi

avatar

Humor : Anything
Posts : 4054
Join date : 2012-09-22
Age : 23
Location : EVAC Industry

PostSubject: Re: Being Picky as HELL About Anthro Anatomy   Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:18 pm

Kaizy wrote:
Tank Abuse wrote:
Artists are supposed to appeal to the tastes of every single person that was ever born.

This is a fact.
Its true

Were slaves to all the ungrateful people who look at our art with snooty distaste

The life of an artist is so hard D:

Speak for yourself. I block motherfuckers day in and day out. Not a single fuck wa 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xopachi.tumblr.com/
Kaizy
Admin
avatar

Humor : Sin
Posts : 6179
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 26
Location : Bed

PostSubject: Re: Being Picky as HELL About Anthro Anatomy   Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:21 pm

XoPachi wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
Tank Abuse wrote:
Artists are supposed to appeal to the tastes of every single person that was ever born.

This is a fact.
Its true

Were slaves to all the ungrateful people who look at our art with snooty distaste

The life of an artist is so hard D:

Speak for yourself. I block motherfuckers day in and day out. Not a single fuck wa 
I was joking

I could care less if someone is gonna barrage me with their personal tastes/dislikes in relation to my art

If they want to give me constructive criticism, more power to em
If not, they can run along

_________________
Sing me sweet serenades
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Being Picky as HELL About Anthro Anatomy   

Back to top Go down
 
Being Picky as HELL About Anthro Anatomy
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Women frustrate the hell out of me: Butler
» HMS Hell Hound
» "The Hell Hound" comic
» Fukking Hell!
» Soccer's Hell On Earth

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
General Time-Wasters :: Main Category :: General Discussion-
Jump to: