General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Go down 
+2
8-bit
Monochrome Kanon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Monochrome Kanon

Monochrome Kanon

Humor : Maybe

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:11 pm

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City MotherofGod

Fuck it, i'm getting this game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/monochromekanon/
8-bit

8-bit

Humor : Satire

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 2:20 pm

I came when Mr.X fell from the helicopetr. Then I laughed like a fucking madman.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 3:59 pm

ok so, I don't know the storyline 100%, but why the hell does leon die in this game?.... I mean isn't that a little inaccurate to the actual storyline?

I also don't know what to think of the game... I mean did I seriously just see some guy use a zombie as a shield? Seriously?
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

Humor : Sin

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 4:25 pm

FUCK
CAPCOM

IF I SEE ONE MORE FUCKIGN ATTEMPT AT TURNING RESIDENT EVIL INTO 3RD PERSON CoD IM GOING TO FUCKING KILL A CEO
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
Monochrome Kanon

Monochrome Kanon

Humor : Maybe

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 5:53 pm

MiloTime wrote:
ok so, I don't know the storyline 100%, but why the hell does leon die in this game?.... I mean isn't that a little inaccurate to the actual storyline?

I also don't know what to think of the game... I mean did I seriously just see some guy use a zombie as a shield? Seriously?

I think this is one of those "what if" kind of storylines. It wasn't even developed by Capcom.

And yeah, this is most likely the stupidest idea ever thought for a RE game, but it actually looks pretty fun. You actually get to shoot while moving!

Resident evil was dead to me since RE4, but at least these shooters are enjoyable for what they are. Not like Silent Hill.

So with that said, if Nicholai or Krauser will be there as secret characters, i'm totally getting this game fuck yeah
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/monochromekanon/
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 7:48 pm

I think what sucks is, everybody thinks the old formula of resident evil is pretty much considered old school. I can imagine why capcom would never go back to that formula. they probably feel like it would be a step backward. but when you see so many fans begging for it to go back the way it was...

I mean come on, I LOVED the sometimes ridiculously hard puzzles and cheesy camera angles.

resident evil is a perfect example of dumbed down games. they go from classic horror and intelligent puzzles, to cheap scares and mindless as fuck action with puzzles that a 2 year old could solve.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 7:59 pm

If anything, it's a smart move for Capcom to just drop the charade that their games are story-telling devices as much as, um, games. Same reason they're retooling Devil May Cry. They've never been the most consistent when it comes to canon anyway. I'd rather be one of the popular kids play games that keep/enhance what was good about previous games while stripping away what made no fucking sense didn't quite work than suffering through something that's painful (and not even in a good way) just out of nostalgia. This is why Resident Evil 1 for Gamecube is fondly remembered, but Resident Evil 0 isn't. One only kept the overall plot and design of the game it was based on, and made everything else new. The other was trying desperately to live up to something that was basically the magnum opus of a series (if not an entire genre) as it was at the time was about fucking leeches on a train, followed by fucking leeches in a schizophrenically laid out mansion/training facility/torture chamber, followed by fucking leeches fucking a big fucking leech.

I love how people will say games like RE 4 "killed" survival horror instead of putting the blame where it belongs, which is on the shitty survival horror games that people with a life more casual gamers find hard to distinguish from the truly good ones.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 8:05 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
If anything, it's a smart move for Capcom to just drop the charade that their games are story-telling devices as much as, um, games. Same reason they're retooling Devil May Cry. They've never been the most consistent when it comes to canon anyway. I'd rather be one of the popular kids play games that keep/enhance what was good about previous games while stripping away what made no fucking sense didn't quite work than suffering through something that's painful (and not even in a good way) just out of nostalgia. This is why Resident Evil 1 for Gamecube is fondly remembered, but Resident Evil 0 isn't. One only kept the overall plot and design of the game it was based on, and made everything else new. The other was trying desperately to live up to something that was basically the magnum opus of a series (if not an entire genre) as it was at the time was about fucking leeches on a train, followed by fucking leeches in a schizophrenically laid out mansion/training facility/torture chamber, followed by fucking leeches fucking a big fucking leech.

I love how people will say games like RE 4 "killed" survival horror instead of putting the blame where it belongs, which is on the shitty survival horror games that people with a life more casual gamers find hard to distinguish from the truly good ones.

in the end, it's just fans vs. casual gamers. and since there are more casual gamers than fans, they're going to go for the buff brown haired protagonist.

I'd personally rather go back to the original games, but where there's one classic gamer, there's about a hundred more current gen gamers waiting for the next huge action thriller.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 8:30 pm

MiloTime wrote:
in the end, it's just fans vs. casual gamers. and since there are more casual gamers than fans, they're going to go for the buff brown haired protagonist.

I'd personally rather go back to the original games, but where there's one classic gamer, there's about a hundred more current gen gamers waiting for the next huge action thriller.

It's not just that, though. It's that those same casual gamers are more likely to pay the relatively high price (compared to, say, movies) of games for something with a lot of replay value, and it's actually a lot harder to give "classic" survival horror the kind of replay value a Devil May Cry or RE Mercenaries has. They tried to give RE 0 that, and frankly it sucked (but I mean, how could they know that in a game with a fucking leech fetish, the last thing people would want to play after beating it is a minigame called "Leech Hunter"?). No, old school survival horror is what it is, and shouldn't try or even need to be anything more. The best hope for that genre's survival is actually in smaller developers/publishers who can do with smaller budgets what used to be expensive, catering to the niche.

Of course, that means that same niche market would have to get over itself and instead of pining for the days when blurry pre-rendered backdrops constituted "high end" graphics, accept that the series that epitomized it has moved on and appreciate these "knock offs" for what they are. Because what they often are (Cold Fear being a good example) is games that are very faithful to the look and feel of those games, often with better graphics than the older games, just without the brand name.

You guys are loyal to a brand that isn't even really loyal to itself. It's sad, really.
Back to top Go down
8-bit

8-bit

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 9:10 pm

RE was never meant to last. It was heavily based on Sweet Home and kept scrambling it's canon so much that there is a site dedicated to making sense of it.

But unlike all the whiny fags out there, I'm going to enjoy the parts I already do (Mr.X oh god so sexy <3) and have fun with the rest.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 9:39 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
This is why Resident Evil 1 for Gamecube is fondly remembered, but Resident Evil 0 isn't. One only kept the overall plot and design of the game it was based on, and made everything else new. The other was trying desperately to live up to something that was basically the magnum opus of a series (if not an entire genre) as it was at the time was about fucking leeches on a train, followed by fucking leeches in a schizophrenically laid out mansion/training facility/torture chamber, followed by fucking leeches fucking a big fucking leech.
Ive beaten RE0 like 4 times, and I still get lost as fuck in the beginning of the mansion, and everytime I do, I give up and play something else. The RE1 remake was fucking gold and I loved every minute of it. The nostalgia it brought back with the new aged graphics just made it <33

Wolf-Bone wrote:
I dont think RE4 killed the survival horror genre, it was already starting to get pretty fucking lame from what I know before RE4 made the scene. my complaint is RE4 was the big segway that started letting survival horror developers think you can add tons of action to a survival horror game while still being able to get away with calling it survival horror when it should be a horror action game...and even adding horror would be stressing it. Plus RE4 was what inevitably led to RE5 which is hands down the worst survival horror game in history. (if you try to argue against this I will personally beat you to death with my copy of RE2)

I dont hate RE4, in fact I do quite love the game, but it feels seriously toned down on the difficulty, and had a total of maybe one actually scary enemy that made maybe a handful of appearances throughout a massive two-disc game. The game felt too actiony, and what started as something that might have become survival horror, slowly turned into action horror right around the point when I realized I had to start selling ammo to make room for a Rocket Launcher and new flashy shotguns. It might seem like going back to the old formula would be going backwards in development, but in reality it would be a breath of fresh fucking air. The RE series is one more customization feature from becoming another generic bland action shooter game with oversized hulk monsters known as a main character, and the fact that they can still shit out stuff like RE5 and Operation Raccoon and think it still qualifies as survival horror just makes me shake my head in disappointment.

If theres an RE6, there had better be some fucking scary shit and surviving involved or Im giving up on RE for good and refusing to line Capcom's wallets with my money and more reasons to make more of these trash games.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 9:59 pm

sort of like kaizy said, it wouldn't be the worst thing ever if people just... calmed the fuck down with the action. yes. I get it. our context sensitive fingers are ready to mash the living fuck out of the X button so that the player can survive the giant boulder rolling after them. yes, it's fun to hang onto a crashing plane as it falls into a pit of lava, narrowly escaping death, as you finally make it into a different helicopter, only to have to take out a huge ass rocket launcher, and blast away the giant thing grabbing onto the helicopter.

...but would it be the worst thing ever if you could just walk down a narrow hallway, wondering if you have the right key that unlocks the door in front of you?... :l
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:02 pm

MiloTime wrote:
sort of like kaizy said, it wouldn't be the worst thing ever if people just... calmed the fuck down with the action. yes. I get it. our context sensitive fingers are ready to mash the living fuck out of the X button so that the player can survive the giant boulder rolling after them. yes, it's fun to hang onto a crashing plane as it falls into a pit of lava, narrowly escaping death, as you finally make it into a different helicopter, only to have to take out a huge ass rocket launcher, and blast away the giant thing grabbing onto the helicopter.

...but would it be the worst thing ever if you could just walk down a narrow hallway, wondering if you have the right key that unlocks the door in front of you?... :l
Or you walk down a dark small hallway and wonder where the fucking enemies are hiding instead of a brightly lit wide outdoor area with enemies opposite to you screaming and charging at you, flinging scythes and sickles like fucking baseballs, eliminating any tension or fear at all?
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:07 pm

Kaizy wrote:
MiloTime wrote:

Or you walk down a dark small hallway and wonder where the fucking enemies are hiding instead of a brightly lit wide outdoor area with enemies opposite to you screaming and charging at you, flinging scythes and sickles like fucking baseballs, eliminating any tension or fear at all?

although I'll admit, one thing always scared the living FUCK out of me in RE4. those god damn things with the razor sharp teeth that slowly walk after you.... ugh.

imagine hearing the noise of one of those things around the corner of a narrow hallway... Great Scott!
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:18 pm

MiloTime wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
MiloTime wrote:

although I'll admit, one thing always scared the living FUCK out of me in RE4. those god damn things with the razor sharp teeth that slowly walk after you.... ugh.

imagine hearing the noise of one of those things around the corner of a narrow hallway... Great Scott!
Thats what I mentioned in my massive rant as one of the few things in that game that were scary
Regenerators were a great RE monster, it just sucks they couldnt have been in a scarier game
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 10:23 pm

FUCK YOU I'M A CRIMSONHEAD
Back to top Go down
8-bit

8-bit

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 12:05 am

Wolf-Bone wrote:
FUCK YOU I'M A CRIMSONHEAD

Oh god, the Crimsonheads :C
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 am

I loved those things
The only problems is you could totally see which ones were going to be the crimson heads and which werent
Back to top Go down
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 5:37 am

Meeeeeeeeh.
Resident Evil games these days just don't seem to carry on the charm anymore. Don't get me wrong, I'm not all "OH THE ONLY GOOD ONES ARE THE ORIGINALS" but I dunno, it just seems like another non-canon spin-off that just wants to make me watch my favorite RE character die.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 5:39 am

All the RE characters died right around the time they made Jill Valentine a big breasted blonde and Chris Redfield a roidraging hehulk *coughRE5cough*
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 7:22 pm

Kaizy wrote:
All the RE characters died right around the time they made Jill Valentine a big breasted blonde and Chris Redfield a roidraging hehulk *coughRE5cough*

Umbrella, aka Rupert Murdoch, Gordon Gekko, WWE, Phizer and Apple all rolled into one.
he who fights monsters...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Page 1 of 1