General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money

Go down 
+4
Kaizy
Wolf-Bone
Lunar
8-bit
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
8-bit

8-bit

Humor : Satire

Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money Empty
PostSubject: Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money   Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 4:03 pm

Played some Amnesia. I don't see what the big deal is. Why is Daniel such a massive pussy that being in the dark makes him piss himself? If they had given me a REASON to not go into dark places, maybe I'd give a shit. But instead they just wonk the controls and call it a day. Oh, and I love how they told me not to play to win. What the fuck? Of course I'm going to play that way. Winning the game is how you learn the story, you fucking cunt. You progress in the game, and are rewarded with more story. Fucking Jesus, this is supposed to be scary? It's only scary when you can't defend yourself. And that's just as bad as RE's tank controls.

And no Amnesia, I shouldn't have to play in a dark room with headphones on. I didn't do that for Silent Hill, Resident Evil, or Dead Space and I was put on edge quite often.
Back to top Go down
Lunar
Certified Muff-Diving Instructor
Lunar

Humor : I Dimmadon't give a shit.

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money   Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 4:04 pm

I WANNA PLAY I WANNA PLAY I WANNA PLAY.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money   Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 5:04 pm

you have no soul...
Back to top Go down
Lunar
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money   Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 5:07 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
you have no soul...
NOPE. :3
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

Humor : Sin

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money   Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 5:51 pm

8-bit wrote:
Played some Amnesia. I don't see what the big deal is. Why is Daniel such a massive pussy that being in the dark makes him piss himself? If they had given me a REASON to not go into dark places, maybe I'd give a shit. But instead they just wonk the controls and call it a day. Oh, and I love how they told me not to play to win. What the fuck? Of course I'm going to play that way. Winning the game is how you learn the story, you fucking cunt. You progress in the game, and are rewarded with more story. Fucking Jesus, this is supposed to be scary? It's only scary when you can't defend yourself. And that's just as bad as RE's tank controls.

And no Amnesia, I shouldn't have to play in a dark room with headphones on. I didn't do that for Silent Hill, Resident Evil, or Dead Space and I was put on edge quite often.
Dude...no one payed attention to the little message at the beginning that says "Dont play to win", everyone just clicks through it and starts playing. Its a linear game, OF COURSE YOU NEED TO PLAY TO WIN, theyre telling you to not just try and bolt to the finish line like most dipshits who play games with tunnel vision...they want you to try and get into the game instead of seeing how fast you can blow through the fucker.
I do agree that I would have liked to see something added with the insanity meter, maybe something like you starting to hear noises or see shit, but it does what it was made to do.

Also, when the fuck did RE have a tank and why wouldnt it surprise me? pokerface
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
8-bit

8-bit

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money   Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:24 pm

Kaizy wrote:

Dude...no one payed attention to the little message at the beginning that says "Dont play to win", everyone just clicks through it and starts playing.

I did. To me, it said "Hey, this game suck so much horse cock, we need to remind you not to actually beat the game. OooOoOoOoOo scary window LOOK OUT! Did I scare you?"

Kaizy wrote:
Its a linear game, OF COURSE YOU NEED TO PLAY TO WIN, theyre telling you to not just try and bolt to the finish line like most dipshits who play games with tunnel vision...they want you to try and get into the game instead of seeing how fast you can blow through the fucker.

No shit, but telling me that put it in my head, making it hard to get into the game. That and the "herpaderp flip the view" shit jostles me out of it. And before you think I'm a dipshit with tunnel vision...I enjoy log hunting in Dead Space and Bioshock. I like to hear the recordings, and I hate the text logs in DS because I can't read them :<

Kaizy wrote:

I do agree that I would have liked to see something added with the insanity meter, maybe something like you starting to hear noises or see shit, but it does what it was made to do.

Not for me. When Marker Nicole squatted on the desk and screamed "MAKE US WHOLE" in the beginning of DS2...scared the fuck out of me. Flipping the view and throwing some mild hallucinations didn't do much. :/

Kaizy wrote:

Also, when the fuck did RE have a tank and why wouldnt it surprise me? pokerface

RE:CV pokerface
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money   Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:32 pm

If youre that nitpicky about that one line, I feel sorry for your gaming experiences...I find it hilarious though that you claim the game "sucks horse cock" yet youve praised RE5 countless times when its notoriously the death of survival horror and a god awful waste of money that a toddler could beat without trouble

I never said you were a dipshit with tunnel vision, I was referring to most people who play horror games these days

Marker Nicole really didnt scare me much in DS2...the only time that kind of scared me was when she was in the elevator

Also, Ive never played RE:CV...but now Im not really eager to try pokerface
Back to top Go down
8-bit

8-bit

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money   Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:41 pm

Kaizy wrote:
If youre that nitpicky about that one line, I feel sorry for your gaming experiences...I find it hilarious though that you claim the game "sucks horse cock" yet youve praised RE5 countless times when its notoriously the death of survival horror and a god awful waste of money that a toddler could beat without trouble

I'm not, but when the pretty much tell me how the only way to enjoy the game..it just fucks with me the whole time. I'd have enjoyed it had it not been for that one fucking thing. To me, it wasn't some little fucking derp, it was a BIG ONE.

I never said RE5 was the pinnacle of survival horror, I just enjoyed it for what it was: ridiculous. And you know RE monster get me hard, and Las Plagas happens to a fav of mine :3 (hint: RE5 plagas mouth = megusta )

And Wesker's movement were murr-inducing. And DC Douglas has a great voice.

Kaizy wrote:
I never said you were a dipshit with tunnel vision, I was referring to most people who play horror games these days

Just making sure

Kaizy wrote:
Marker Nicole really didnt scare me much in DS2...the only time that kind of scared me was when she was in the elevator

Scared me straight the fuck out the room :<

Kaizy wrote:
Also, Ive never played RE:CV...but now Im not really eager to try pokerface

Don't worry, it's just a front for a secret passage that only Alfred can use.

Back to top Go down
Lunar
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money   Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:45 pm

8-bit, do you actually own a copy of the game?
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money   Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 7:06 pm

8-bit wrote:
And Wesker's movement were murr-inducing. And DC Douglas has a great voice.
The new Wesker "sucks horse cock"
Hes just another overpowered villian...all he needs is a twirly mustache and a cape and he'll have just as much character appeal as Dick Dasterdly
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money   Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 1:16 am

Wesker is Draco for real men. :-|
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money   Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 1:21 am

Wesker is hilariously stupid in how overpowered they made in in RE5

Hes got fucking super speed
He dodges any and all gunshots in a way that would make Neo blush
Hes ridiculously strong
He has a boring cookie-cutter plot for world domination
Hes in RE5

Nothing about him is cool anymore, its like he was designed by a 5 year old trying to make a new Batman villain
"OH MAN AND HES GONNA WEAR ALL BLACK AND BE SUPER STRONG AND DODGE FULLY AUTO AK47 FIRE AS IF THEY WERE SLOW MOVING CARS AND HES GONNA HAVE RED GLOWY EYES BECAUSE HES ALL EVIL AND AND AND"
Back to top Go down
8-bit

8-bit

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money   Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 2:18 am

Kaizy wrote:
Wesker is hilariously stupid in how overpowered they made in in RE5

Hes got fucking super speed
He dodges any and all gunshots in a way that would make Neo blush
Hes ridiculously strong
He has a boring cookie-cutter plot for world domination
Hes in RE5

Nothing about him is cool anymore, its like he was designed by a 5 year old trying to make a new Batman villain
"OH MAN AND HES GONNA WEAR ALL BLACK AND BE SUPER STRONG AND DODGE FULLY AUTO AK47 FIRE AS IF THEY WERE SLOW MOVING CARS AND HES GONNA HAVE RED GLOWY EYES BECAUSE HES ALL EVIL AND AND AND"

Hey I like his super speed >:I And how the fuck would he stand a chance against that roid freak Redfield w/o super strength? :V

Ummm, he's ALWAYS had super speed, worn all black, and had glowy eyes. And just so you know, Kaizy, RE:CV (where Wesker made his comeback) is old school RE, so no roids and black people and 3rd person.

Honestly the only difference is how it looks for him to do that stuff.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money   Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 2:21 am

8-bit wrote:
Hey I like his super speed >:I And how the fuck would he stand a chance against that roid freak Redfield w/o super strength? :V

Ummm, he's ALWAYS had super speed, worn all black, and had glowy eyes. And just so you know, Kaizy, RE:CV is old school RE, so no roids and black people and 3rd person.

Honestly the only difference is how it looks for him to do that stuff.
I dont remember him EVER having super speed
Chris looks fucking stupid too, they ruined his character, and then gave Jill a boobjob and blonde hair so she could run around looking like a sluttier Brittney Spears that can do crazy kung fu kicks
Truly the greatest set of characters for a survival horror game
Back to top Go down
8-bit

8-bit

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money   Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 2:34 am

Kaizy wrote:

I dont remember him EVER having super speed
Chris looks fucking stupid too, they ruined his character, and then gave Jill a boobjob and blonde hair so she could run around looking like a sluttier Brittney Spears that can do crazy kung fu kicks
Truly the greatest set of characters for a survival horror game

Well, he did. He fiddled with science, got "killed" by the Tyrant, and made his escape before the mansion went KABLOOEY. RE5 just used the ps3/360 graphic capabilities to make it look spiffier. He's always had increased strength, always had glowy eyes, and always been really fast.

And I agree that they made chris and jill look dumb. But don't act like Jill's knockers are breaking news. She's always had big tits, she's just never had a battle suit to show them off. And she had combat training since RE1 (PS). It was kinda a requirement for a team of ANTI-TERRORISM.

Honestly, the big diff is that they added a few dashes of Micheal Bay to the game. That's pretty much it.
Back to top Go down
Trey

Trey

Humor : Um...what goes here?

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money   Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 2:36 am

I rather play Resident Evil 5 and leave my brother to die when a boss runs around to smack him and he gets jumped by a few zombies...it makes my day trollface

That or shoot that thing that falls and shock him when he walks by, I need to buy the actual game so I can fuck with him some more 8D
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TreyDobe?feature=mhee#p/f
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money   Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 3:11 am

No the big diff is they fucked the character designs to look twice as generic, they turned the horror and problem solving down to toddler levels, theres no survival because guns and ammunition are CONSTANTLY thrown at your face, so much so you have to sell ammo to make room for more weapons, the enemies lose all scary appeal because theyre running around in broad daylight, screaming different languages at the top of their lungs from across the map and hurdling anything that isnt bolted to the ground at your head like baseballs, theyve traded a classic viral outbreak for random plagues so shit can burst out of peoples bodies in ways that the Alien couldnt keep up with, and the game in general feels bland and generic

It ruined RE5 and any other RE related content thats come out since has been an epic disappointment because the franchise is spiraling into a pit of horrible action shooters along with every other game that comes out

RE is dead to me until they decide to get back in touch with their roots
Back to top Go down
8-bit

8-bit

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money   Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 3:39 am

Kaizy wrote:
-snip-

1. I like the "bursting out of bodies" shit. It's hot.

2. It felt more like an action horror game. It's kinda been that way since RE3, just not as bad.

3. The "problem solving"? There was no need to have it in the story. Wesker didn't need that shit because he didn't give a fuck. It makes sense. He's in the middle of the butthole of Earth AKA Africa, who the fuck is gonna come there and do an inspection? No one.

4. I find the fact they want to murder you (the Plagas hosts) to be scarier than fucking zombies. It's like testing for Wheatley. They neeed to kill you. That one goal drives them mad...And then they see you.

By your logic, Dead Space isn't fun either. OH NO! YOU HAVE MORE THAN 3 BULLETS OHGODTOOMUCHAMMOWARRBLEGARRBLE!

Get back in touch with their roots? You mean blatenly ripping off Sweet Home/Terminator/Alien: Ressurection? Or do you mean the derp controls? How about the shit voice acting? lol

Yes, RE5 could have been better (much), but quit acting like RE was this fucking Precursor tech amazing machine.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money   Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 4:02 am

1. Its cool, but after the 600th head explosion, its like "Oh...another head just exploded..."

2. Thats the problem, RE has been survival horror and its still being marketed as a survival horror. It wouldnt bug me as much if it was marketed as an action game, but its being given a genre label that it doesnt deserve

3. Its a game...problem solving is kind of a thing that games usually have. RE5 has big fat arrows saying "Go here dumbass" and "Solve it like this idiot"

4. You clearly forget that the T-virus zombies want to kill you too...they need to kill you and eat your flesh, and they may do it while youre still fucking alive to feel every fucking tooth sink into your tendons and even if you escape, so much as a bite or scratch means you become one and theres pretty much nothing you can do about it...the plague fuckers just want you fling axes at you until your dead, then move on with their plagas filled lives, and if you get infected, RE4 has shown us that removing the plague is easy as fuck and leaves no side effects other than Ashley making sex noises while youre using a laser to shoot it out of her body...I find the prior to be much more horrifying, RE5 and the plague things that were introduced just. arent. scary.

Also, play Dead Space on a harder difficulty when health and ammo is very limited...it becomes survival horror

When I say "roots" I mean GO BACK TO BEING SCARY. Stop with the massive bright as fuck environments. Stop with the massive groups of lame ass enemies drones that run at you screaming in different languages from across the map flinging gardening tools at you like Home Depot just went out of business, eliminating all tension from the encounters. Stop giving me so many fucking weapons and ammunition that a small military force would be jealous at whats stored in my pockets. STOP RUINING CLASSIC CHARACTERS. Bring back some of the old original content, like Hunters, dark environments and close quarters, silent moments that build some fucking tension, MAKE IT SURVIVAL HORROR.

Im not saying old RE games were the goldmine of horror, but they were fucking good, and I know you arent going to deny that. These new games and spinoffs are getting shittier and shittier with each game, and its because theyre conforming to the standards that other gaming companies set, like oversized muscle monsters that are supposed to be main characters, more explosions and gun fights than a war movie, and boring unimaginative stupidity.

Congrats, the RE series is on par with CoD, I hope the world is happy
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money   Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:00 pm

8-bit wrote:
I like the "bursting out of bodies" shit. It's hot..

What the fuck, man?!

Kaizy wrote:
RE4 has shown us that removing the plague is easy as fuck and leaves no side effects other than Ashley making sex noises while youre using a laser to shoot it out of her body.

Back when the game was new I used to wonder if they didn't build the entire game/concept around that one scene.
Back to top Go down
8-bit

8-bit

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money   Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 12:44 pm

I agree Kaizy, it ISN'T survival horror. And yeah, you are being lead by the nose, but it at least can be somewhat justified (unlike a few other actiony games).

I know the zombies need to eat, but the rage on the Plagas hosts face is just 0_0. They need to kill you for no other reason other than they need to. They hate your face, and want to smash it. And getting infected with an EGG can be removed, and even then, it wasn't a sure thing. Ashley's head could've exploded (which I'm sure we'd all have a good laugh at, she was fucking terrible.) The RE5-type Plagas were damn near instant and I doubt a fully functional magic Plagas-removing gun would exist since all the research exploded at the end of RE4.

An I agree, the old REs ARE fun. But as long as I get my daily dose of Body Horror, I'm pretty chill.
But I do miss Umbrella and their monsters. esp the Tyrant, but I guess there wan't too much they could do with it w/o making it a Mutant (yknow, giving it lightning powers and shit.) There just isn't too much they can do that they already haven't done before. :/

Speaking of "back to it's roots", did you play "Lost in Nightmares"? I found that to be somewhat like the old REs.

And no matter what you say, Ouroboros bursting out of Excella was fucking sweet :3

(LOL, I love how this became the RE thread) lol
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

Humor : D is for lysdexia

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money   Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 1:03 pm

I personally think what they need to do is go back to the very begining, back to Raccoon City or maybe even to the Mansion. If they do that and then start you out with your basic 9MM with 2, maybe 2 clips and spread the zombies out more to like, 10 to 20 in a area about the size of 4 city blocks or even less then it'd be scary because uou know your coming up on something where your going to have to make every fucking round count, or the moment you get something like an M-16, you have to use the ammo you thought you might need and held on to through out to fight something scary as hell. That's just my opinion for a scary game. Of course a pant shitting game, now that's a whole other story.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money   Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 3:09 pm

blackfuredfox wrote:
I personally think what they need to do is go back to the very begining, back to Raccoon City or maybe even to the Mansion. If they do that and then start you out with your basic 9MM with 2, maybe 2 clips and spread the zombies out more to like, 10 to 20 in a area about the size of 4 city blocks or even less then it'd be scary because uou know your coming up on something where your going to have to make every fucking round count, or the moment you get something like an M-16, you have to use the ammo you thought you might need and held on to through out to fight something scary as hell. That's just my opinion for a scary game. Of course a pant shitting game, now that's a whole other story.

I think that's what made RE so popular, is the story revolving around the moments in raccoon city. we all loved RE2 because you were stuck in a police station in raccoon city most of the game where you eventually discovered the truth. we love RE3 because it revolves around the last moments of raccoon city. something about the thought of trying to escape a city about to be completely destroyed brings a sense of conclusion to the game that you wish didn't have to end :<

and then RE4 came out, and we cared less about resident evil, and more about yet another 3rd person shooter.
Back to top Go down
8-bit

8-bit

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money   Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 3:30 pm

MiloTime wrote:

I think that's what made RE so popular, is the story revolving around the moments in raccoon city. we all loved RE2 because you were stuck in a police station in raccoon city most of the game where you eventually discovered the truth. we love RE3 because it revolves around the last moments of raccoon city. something about the thought of trying to escape a city about to be completely destroyed brings a sense of conclusion to the game that you wish didn't have to end :<

and then RE4 came out, and we cared less about resident evil, and more about yet another 3rd person shooter.

I honestly think RE4 was the image of survival horror.

-Open, yet dreary location

-Numerous enemies

-somewhat stingy with ammo (lets face it, a game doesn't have to give you a toothbrush to fight with to be scary)

-And (this is important) isolation.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money   Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money Icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 4:54 pm

Open yet dreary areas doesnt make anything scary...by that logic, CoD games are scary as fuck.

The enemies just dont scare me...yeah they just HAVE to kill you, but really theres nothing scary about it. I mean plenty of shit has to/wants to kill you....it really doesnt make it scary. Tension makes shit scary. Buildup makes shit scary. Enemies screaming at you in broad daylight and giving away their position while you line up a shotgun with their head as they slowly jog towards you isnt scary. The only, ONLY thing in RE4 that was scary were those fucking Regenerators...if they had one big success, that was it because those things are the perfect RE enemy...creepy, lurking in dark small areas, makes scary ass fucking noises, and hard to kill. Its gold.

Im gonna say this...there was maybe ONE small part where I felt that I didnt have enough ammo to tackle the enemies, the rest of RE4 I had to start selling my ammo to make room for a free fucking rocket launcher.

RE4 wasnt a bad game, but it had quite a few flaws that people overlook while theyre busy praising the shit out of it. Ashley was the biggest (seriously fuck her, shes a chore), and the slow decent into the action genre was the other (look at part 3 of the game, the island, if it werent for Regenerators that would have been the most boring RE stage ever, excluding RE5)

RE4 was NOT the image of survival horror...honestly, from what I know, the image of survival horror belongs to Silent Hill 2. You cant even begin to compare RE4 to SH2.

RE0-3: Survival Horror
RE4: Less Survival Horror, but still somewhat
RE5: Shitbrick

8-bit wrote:
(LOL, I love how this became the RE thread) lol
Like anytime me and you chat it becomes an RE debate
Its just the oddest thing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money   Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amnesia: The Dark Waste of Money
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next