General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Overwhelming Stress of Doing the Right Thing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

The Overwhelming Stress of Doing the Right Thing Empty
PostSubject: The Overwhelming Stress of Doing the Right Thing   The Overwhelming Stress of Doing the Right Thing Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 2:31 am

I am so stressed right now. All because I did the right thing and stepped up when nobody else would. Why don't I feel better about myself? I'm so worried.

I have a friend who is currently dating a minor, a girl of 15. I don't support it, of course, but I don't interject in things that are not my business. However, news came up that I made my business. This young girl is seriously abused by her parents, to the point where her step-father cuts her arms with blades. Being one who's adamantly against child abuse and the only one mature enough to handle the situation, I stepped in.

I took charge of the entire situation and organized a plan for her to get out of that awful life. This is all going down tomorrow. (Probably today to most people reading this.) With a bit of help, this is the plan I set in motion.

The plan is for her to go to her high school and go straight to the vice principle and explain things, and that she has a supportive friend coming to visit the school to help her. This friend being her boyfriend. Both of them have already been keeping their relationship very low-key, like no Facebook statuses about it and deleting all texts, so evidence that could prove scandalous in court can be removed. We are also making sure they stay at the school and are not taking her to a "safe place" like they do in the movies, because the parents could easily turn that around in court and claim that some college-aged boy kidnapped her.

There is an officer on her campus that we know we can trust to take care of the situation in the best way possible, and I'm hoping for them to be able to get in contact with him while they are at the school tomorrow.

I am going to be physically unavailable for this whole operation due to school things I absolutely can't miss. I'm so stressed and incredibly worried. I feel like absolute shit and I doubt I'll get much sleep tonight. I keep thinking, what if shit goes wrong and everything goes to hell? Am I really doing the right thing and taking charge of the lives of two immature people? And one of them is an adult? I'm scared as hell. I've basically done all I can, it's time for me to step back and let things play out. It's so hard to do such a thing. I've seen law practice go awry, and I know that I myself am in no legal danger, technically. But I worry for my friend and for his girlfriend. However, I know this is something I can't handle myself, it needs to go up to a higher authority. I'm just really hoping things will turn out alright.

tl;dr Fuck you cocksucker read the fucking thing.
Back to top Go down
Taz

Taz

Humor : Suggestive, Dry, Sardonic

PostSubject: Re: The Overwhelming Stress of Doing the Right Thing   The Overwhelming Stress of Doing the Right Thing Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 5:14 am

I'd imagine a counsellor would be best to contact first, then organize a meeting with the principals, you know, because counsellors are supposed to be trained for this sort of stuff and VP's are more for dealing with punitive measures and disciplinary action. For me I would be more comfortable with my counsellor than with the VP.
Back to top Go down
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

PostSubject: Re: The Overwhelming Stress of Doing the Right Thing   The Overwhelming Stress of Doing the Right Thing Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 4:54 pm

It's come to a point where she now needs to call 911 herself if she wants it to end. I can't do anything more for her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Overwhelming Stress of Doing the Right Thing   The Overwhelming Stress of Doing the Right Thing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Overwhelming Stress of Doing the Right Thing
Page 1 of 1