General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Starfox thread

Go down 
+11
Lucy
Zoe
melomeltsinmilosmouth
Taz
8-bit
blackfuredfox
Riv
Kaizy
greg-the-fox
Wolf-Bone
MiloTime
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

Starfox thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starfox thread   Starfox thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:00 pm

well this place has already turned into the "reasons why starfox isn't as good as my little pony/why starfox sucks" thread, so... I guess if you want to keep it open for the sake of comparing how bad starfox is, I suppose that's ok?
Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Starfox thread   Starfox thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:01 pm

blackfuredfox wrote:
8-bit wrote:
Riv wrote:

If you could shoot the president, and then Celestia would become acting ruler of the United States, would you do it?

Seeing as how she's given Equestria 1,000 years of peace and prosperity, yeah.
Not to mention, imagine how short WWII would have been if Hitler had just been sent to the moon?

Luna and Hitler sharing an apartment? I'd watch the hell out of that sitcom.

MiloTime wrote:
well this place has already turned into the "reasons why starfox isn't as good as my little pony/why starfox sucks" thread, so... I guess if you want to keep it open for the sake of comparing how bad starfox is, I suppose that's ok?

I will kindly direct you to the OP, where you established that as the topic of the thread initially.
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

Humor : D is for lysdexia

PostSubject: Re: Starfox thread   Starfox thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:02 pm

Riv wrote:
blackfuredfox wrote:
8-bit wrote:
Riv wrote:

If you could shoot the president, and then Celestia would become acting ruler of the United States, would you do it?

Not to mention, imagine how short WWII would have been if Hitler had just been sent to the moon?

Luna and Hitler sharing an apartment? I'd watch the hell out of that sitcom.
I can see in season 4 Castro poping in like Kramer on a regular basis.
Back to top Go down
8-bit

8-bit

Humor : Satire

PostSubject: Re: Starfox thread   Starfox thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:07 pm

Riv wrote:
8-bit wrote:
Riv wrote:

But it does seem barbaric, and apparently she would approve...

I'd ask him to step down first, ya dummy Starfox thread - Page 2 Mlp-tseriously
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Starfox thread   Starfox thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:09 pm

I tried splitting the topic and moving all the pony posts to the pony thread, but the two topics are too intimately attached. There'd be too much pony in the starfox thread and too much starfox in the pony thread.

8-bit wrote:
Riv wrote:
8-bit wrote:
Riv wrote:

But it does seem barbaric, and apparently she would approve...

I'd ask him to step down first, ya dummy Starfox thread - Page 2 Mlp-tseriously

Sure thing. You'd just prance into the oval office and be like, "Hey Mr. President! A magical talking unicorn-pegasus-pony from an alternate reality wants to take control of America forever. Please stand down."
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Starfox thread   Starfox thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:10 pm

Riv wrote:

I will kindly direct you to the OP, where you established that as the topic of the thread initially.

I thought I was trolling. my senses told me the chances of this thread going past 1 page, or even staying on the topic of starfox were minimal to none, I expected you to lock this thread up Seriously?
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Starfox thread   Starfox thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:11 pm

MiloTime wrote:
Riv wrote:

I thought I was trolling. my senses told me the chances of this thread going past 1 page, or even staying on the topic of starfox were minimal to none, I expected you to lock this thread up Seriously?

We don't lock threads for having a lack of posts, that would be stupid.

However, threads where the first post is a troll post which stands little chance of inspiring conversation on a real topic...
Back to top Go down
8-bit

8-bit

PostSubject: Re: Starfox thread   Starfox thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:13 pm

Riv wrote:

Sure thing. You'd just prance into the oval office and be like, "Hey Mr. President! A magical talking unicorn-pegasus-pony from an alternate reality wants to take control of America forever. Please stand down."

If she came with me I think people would be interested in listening
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

PostSubject: Re: Starfox thread   Starfox thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:14 pm

Riv wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
Riv wrote:

However, threads where the first post is a troll post which stands little chance of inspiring conversation on a real topic...
And that my friends, is what we call,
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Starfox thread   Starfox thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:17 pm

8-bit wrote:
Riv wrote:

If she was able to enter our world before the president was ejected from his office, why would she need your help? I think she could do it herself. At the very least, she get Twilight & company to encase him in stone.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Starfox thread   Starfox thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:19 pm

Riv wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
Riv wrote:

it would... if anyone were even remotely into starfox the way they were MLP.

let me ask you. can you imagine keeping a conversation going about starfox? I mean this forum of all places. probably not. that's how I felt about MLP... until I saw that it's over 32 pages in, and still going strong. it's all about what the majority of people here are fans of.

and starfox is not one of them.... just me.... Okay.jpg
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

PostSubject: Re: Starfox thread   Starfox thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:21 pm

MiloTime wrote:
Riv wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
Riv wrote:

let me ask you. can you imagine keeping a conversation going about starfox? I mean this forum of all places. probably not. that's how I felt about MLP... until I saw that it's over 32 pages in, and still going strong. it's all about what the majority of people here are fans of.

Hey now, I said I like Starfox.
Starfox thread - Page 2 Krystal(1)
See?
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Starfox thread   Starfox thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:25 pm

blackfuredfox wrote:

Hey now, I said I like Starfox.
See?

Y U NO?

....ok I'll take it Okay.jpg
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Starfox thread   Starfox thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:29 pm

MiloTime wrote:
Riv wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
Riv wrote:

*cough*

*cough*

That's not the only thread. That's the fifth thread. There are already four full threads with 67 pages each, plus all the conversations which were had on the old forum.

The reason there are so many posts is because MLP has a massive, active, creative, fanbase, and the creators are still making new content. Like you said, there aren't many Starfox fans out there, and Nintendo hasn't really done anything good with the character lately. Maybe if there was a hit new SF game out with hundreds of thousands of people hyped about it, making fanart and the like, we'd have a huge series of threads dedicated to it. But there's simply not enough Starfox content on the internet for this forum to have five Starfox posting threads.

Just look at reddit.

/r/mylittlepony => over 30,000 subscribers

/r/starfox => over 300 subscribers

That doesn't mean you can't have a real conversation on this forum about starfox, but to expect it to perform as well as an MLP topic would be like expecting a Jonsi video to have as many views as a Justin Bieber video. Maybe the latter is overhyped. Maybe the former is more deserving of the views. But that doesn't change the facts.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Starfox thread   Starfox thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:34 pm

Riv wrote:

That doesn't mean you can't have a real conversation on this forum about starfox, but to expect it to perform as well as an MLP topic would be like expecting a Jonsi video to have as many views as a Justin Bieber video. Maybe the latter is overhyped. Maybe the former is more deserving of the views. But that doesn't change the facts.

actually what surprises me most is that I actually am the only starfox fan here. I know it's not AS popular as MLP, but when you think in terms of furry, isn't starfox just about the most popular furry there is? (other than sonic)

which only surprises me more that the only person who you'll see starfox art from is the dude with a macro fetish Seriously?
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Starfox thread   Starfox thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:36 pm

although I did fav a non-macro starfox picture last night megusta

(I dunno, greg might like it)

NSFW
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Starfox thread   Starfox thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:37 pm

MiloTime wrote:
Riv wrote:

actually what surprises me most is that I actually am the only starfox fan here. I know it's not AS popular as MLP, but when you think in terms of furry, isn't starfox just about the most popular furry there is? (other than sonic)

which only surprises me more that the only person who you'll see starfox art from is the dude with a macro fetish Seriously?

I like starfox plenty. I just don't own consoles, and really, what is there to say about him? He's a fox, he lives in the Lylat system, he killed Andross a shitload of times, his dad has sunglasses, and like every other furry in the history of time, he has the hots for Krystal.
Back to top Go down
8-bit

8-bit

PostSubject: Re: Starfox thread   Starfox thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:41 pm

Riv wrote:
8-bit wrote:

If she was able to enter our world before the president was ejected from his office, why would she need your help? I think she could do it herself. At the very least, she get Twilight & company to encase him in stone.

Because I'm more devoted to her than Twilight Sparkle? I mean, I have the balls to call her out on shit that most would be terrified to do, politely of course. And I can tell what she would want is for someone to be able to tell her "No."
Back to top Go down
Taz

Taz

Humor : Suggestive, Dry, Sardonic

PostSubject: Re: Starfox thread   Starfox thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:42 pm

I don't have the hots for Krystal. .-.

I have the hots more for Fox.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Starfox thread   Starfox thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:43 pm

8-bit wrote:
Riv wrote:

Because I'm more devoted to her than Twilight Sparkle? I mean, I have the balls to call her out on shit that most would be terrified to do, politely of course. And I can tell what she would want is for someone to be able to tell her "No."

You do know that our moon doesn't have any air, right? :V
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Starfox thread   Starfox thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:44 pm

Riv wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
Riv wrote:

I like starfox plenty. I just don't own consoles, and really, what is there to say about him? He's a fox, he lives in the Lylat system, he killed Andross a shitload of times, his dad has sunglasses, and like every other furry in the history of time, he has the hots for Krystal.

the underlying reason that there's more conversation to be had than starfox is because a video game has an ending. a series keeps on going. starfox never had a t.v. series. MLP has had decades of different t.v. series.

I say make starfox a mother fucking t.v. series, and then we can talk fuck yeah
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Starfox thread   Starfox thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:51 pm

MiloTime wrote:
the underlying reason that there's more conversation to be had than starfox is because a video game has an ending. a series keeps on going. starfox never had a t.v. series. MLP has had decades of different t.v. series.

Oh god no. Most bronies won't touch the old seasons of the show with a ten-foot pole. There are a few brave ones who go back and check for character names and color schemes that transferred over, but for the most part, everything prior to gen-4 is toxic. Back in those days, MLP was nothing except for an advertisement for Hasbro toys. Despite being corporate slaves who are paid to sell toys, the team working on the show now actually puts out the effort to write episodes with real content and characters who have depth. The entire brony fanbase is working entirely from only two seasons, just about 20 hours of content.

There's easily 20 hours of gameplay in all the Starfox games combined.
Back to top Go down
8-bit

8-bit

PostSubject: Re: Starfox thread   Starfox thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:57 pm

Riv wrote:
8-bit wrote:
Riv wrote:

You do know that our moon doesn't have any air, right? :V

You do watch the show, right? She don't want to yespony.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Starfox thread   Starfox thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 4:03 pm

Riv wrote:
MiloTime wrote:

Oh god no. Most bronies won't touch the old seasons of the show with a ten-foot pole. There are a few brave ones who go back and check for character names and color schemes that transferred over, but for the most part, everything prior to gen-4 is toxic. Back in those days, MLP was nothing except for an advertisement for Hasbro toys. Despite being corporate slaves who are paid to sell toys, the team working on the show now actually puts out the effort to write episodes with real content and characters who have depth. The entire brony fanbase is working entirely from only two seasons, just about 20 hours of content.

There's easily 20 hours of gameplay in all the Starfox games combined.

starfox is made by the same game designer (Shigeru Miyamoto) who's created dozens, if not hundreds of video games and video game series. so many of which have been regarded as some of the best games in history. one of which IS regarded as the best game in history.

starfox is just one of those many games. his main focus has always been zelda though.

to me, starfox just isn't what it COULD be. it's just not focused on, like other games he's made.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Starfox thread   Starfox thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 4:18 pm

MiloTime wrote:
to me, starfox just isn't what it COULD be. it's just not focused on, like other games he's made.

Well, yeah, that's true of lots of things. But why would you be a fan of something that you feel doesn't meet its potential?

8-bit wrote:
You do watch the show, right? She don't want to yespony.

What did she do that indicates that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starfox thread   Starfox thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starfox thread
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next