General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Steam summer sale.

Go down 
+5
greg-the-fox
Brace
Riv
MiloTime
Jesusfish
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Jesusfish

Jesusfish

Humor : μελαγχολία

Steam summer sale. Empty
PostSubject: Steam summer sale.   Steam summer sale. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 11:49 pm

It is finally over. This thread is for everyone to disclose how much debt they've got themselves into, and what games they bought.

For example....
I ended up buying Sonic Generations, The Kalypso bundle, all of the Stronghold games, From Dust, and the whole Half Life series.

What things did you waste your money on?
Back to top Go down
http://cm2dude.tumblr.com
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

Steam summer sale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam summer sale.   Steam summer sale. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 11:57 pm

dead rising 2, crysis, and the witcher 2... and if alan wake goes 75% off tonight, I'll try and get that.

fuuuuck me
Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

Steam summer sale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam summer sale.   Steam summer sale. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:04 am

I only spent 15 bucks, got Amnesia the Dark descent at 75% off and Half Life 2 (plus ep 1 and ep2) at 50% off.

I mostly only got Amnesia for the fantastic down-syndrome inspired custom story series called "The Small Horse." Got HL2 because it's a classic.
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
Brace

Brace

Humor : Lying through truthtelling

Steam summer sale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam summer sale.   Steam summer sale. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:23 am

I spent $75 and had about $130 spent on me. About $25 of what I spent was on other people. Someone bought me the entire Square Enix Eidos collection as well as Crysis, Assassin's Creed, and Mass Effect 2. Another person bought me Oblivion, and a third person bought me Analogue: A Hate Story which was fucking amazing. I bought, apparently, the Indie Bundle XI, Beyond Good and Evil, Dear Esther, Rage, Red Faction Guerrilla, The Witcher, and Deus Ex one and two. As far as what I bought for people, I remember buying Analog for four people, Dungeon Defenders, EYE Divine Cybermancy and Legend of Grimrock for someone, The Binding of Isaac and Fallout New Vegas for someone else, and Left 4 Dead for my boyfriend.

Last edited by Brace on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

Steam summer sale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam summer sale.   Steam summer sale. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:25 am

Brace wrote:
I spent $75 and had about $130 spent on me. About $25 of what I spent was on other people. Someone bought me the entire Square Enix Eidos collection as well as Crysis, Assassin's Creed, and Mass Effect 2. Another person bought me Oblivion, and a third person bought me Analogue: A Hate Story which was fucking amazing. I bought, apparently, the Indie Bundle XI, Beyond Good and Evil, Dear Esther, Rage, Red Faction Guerrilla, The Witcher, and Deus Ex one and two.

the fuck? who are these people so I can be their friends?
Back to top Go down
Brace

Brace

Humor : Lying through truthtelling

Steam summer sale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam summer sale.   Steam summer sale. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:29 am

They are my boyfriend, a closeted transwoman in the military for whom I am her only emotional anchor/outlet, and another transwoman who loves me an inordinate amount because I talk to her about her life and give her advice and have kept her from suicide on numerous occasions. I'm not sure whether these second two cases are really ethical, but then I'm not a licensed therapist and hence not bound by those regulations, and for obvious reasons the first woman can't speak to a therapist, so I figure maybe this isn't the best conceivable arrangement but is at least the best realistic one.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

Steam summer sale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam summer sale.   Steam summer sale. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 3:45 am

Mirror's Edge, Half Life Complete Pack, Terraria, The Tiny Bang Story, and Unreal Gold. I would've bought more but I figure I'll just wait until the next sale.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

Humor : Sin

Steam summer sale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam summer sale.   Steam summer sale. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:05 am

I tried desperately to resist blowing money on this sale but once both Dead Space games were $10 for both, I caved and started buying shit almost every day.
This is what I ended up with

*Killing Floor
*Bioshock Bundle (Bioshock 1&2)
*Borderlands
*Call of Duty: Black Ops
*Counterstrike: Source
*Dark Fall: Lost Souls
*Dead Space Bundle (Dead Space 1&2)
*Dear Esther
*Doom 3
*FEAR 1&2
*Garry's Mod
*Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
*Limbo
*Portal 2
*Scratches: Director's Cut
*The Binding of Issac (gifted to me from my friend as a birthday present)
*Universe Sandbox

The funny thing is I didnt end up buying the two most expensive games I wanted, Skyrim and MW3...I think it was because $30 was too intimidating to spend at once. Yet I blew well over $100 on all that. Buuuuut I did get some awesome shit out of it.

Im just hoping buying all this doesnt put a serious dent into my computer fund Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
MiloTime

MiloTime

Steam summer sale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam summer sale.   Steam summer sale. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:07 am

Kaizy wrote:

what?! steam has that? oh shit, I need to get it. I love point and click horror games, and I miss the original dark fall.

you should get the longest journey as well if you're into point and click games. that was basically the best one there is. (and the sequel, dreamfall: the longest journey isn't that bad either)
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

Humor : Sin

Steam summer sale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam summer sale.   Steam summer sale. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:17 am

MiloTime wrote:
Kaizy wrote:

what?! steam has that? oh shit, I need to get it. I love point and click horror games, and I miss the original dark fall.

you should get the longest journey as well if you're into point and click games. that was basically the best one there is. (and the sequel, dreamfall: the longest journey isn't that bad either)
Buddy I am so not buying anymore games for a while Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
Lucan

Lucan

Humor : terrible

Steam summer sale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam summer sale.   Steam summer sale. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:32 am

90% of steam users worldwide should own killing floor at this point.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

Steam summer sale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam summer sale.   Steam summer sale. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:20 am

Lucan wrote:
90% of steam users worldwide should own killing floor at this point.

Even I have it. And I only own like, ten games on Steam.

It's a pretty fun game, the only problem I've had with it is that it likes to intermittently lose track of my skill levels and leave me at level 0 on all perks and won't count my perk-leveling actions. Which isn't that bad, but it feels pretty stupid trying to kill things at level 0 when everyone else is running around at level 6 and decapitating everything.
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
katmandu

katmandu

Humor : Questionable

Steam summer sale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam summer sale.   Steam summer sale. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:34 pm

Civ V, because I'm a cheap ass.
Back to top Go down
http://katsden.net
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

Steam summer sale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam summer sale.   Steam summer sale. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:39 pm

Nothing, cuz' I'm le poor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Steam summer sale. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steam summer sale.   Steam summer sale. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steam summer sale.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
General Time-Wasters :: Main Category :: General Discussion-
Jump to: