General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Computers Thread

Go down 
+11
Tank Abuse
Ouiji
MiloTime
katmandu
Zoe
Kangarooboy
Lucan
Riv
greg-the-fox
Kaizy
Lunar
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Lunar
Certified Muff-Diving Instructor
Lunar

Humor : I Dimmadon't give a shit.

The Computers Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 1:37 am

I get so tired of having my IQ lowered whenever I log in and see a shit ton of tech talk in the time wasting thread, so... I has thread for techies :3c
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

Humor : Sin

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 10:15 pm

I just got a new wired gaming mouse off Amazon for like $11

So much better feeling than my shitty wireless mouse megusta
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 11:11 pm

Kaizy wrote:

You mean you didn't buy a $200 gaming mouse with 30 buttons and a 12000 dpi laser?

lol, noob Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 11:41 pm

Does anyone else get an ashy discharge on the inside of their vacuum tubes?

Also, I think some roaches crawled into a few of the relays on my CPU. The transistors in line with them aren't even getting any power. It might be time for a new computer.
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 12:41 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
Kaizy wrote:

You mean you didn't buy a $200 gaming mouse with 30 buttons and a 12000 dpi laser?

lol, noob Not a single fuck wa
Im not MLG enough for a mous of that calibur

I mean I cant even 1080 no scope trick headshot noobs from across the map on Fag of Duty: Modern Buttfest 3, I dont deserve a mouse like that
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 5:37 am

Holy mother of god inglip
They actually published instructions on how to remove the new macbook pro's battery
What is this I don't even...

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing-MacBook-Pro-15-Inch-Retina-Display-Mid-2012-Battery/9743/1

"WARNING: Removing the battery is very difficult. There is always a chance of inhaling noxious fumes and lighting the battery on fire. Work in a well ventilated area."

Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 10:46 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
Holy mother of god inglip
They actually published instructions on how to remove the new macbook pro's battery
What is this I don't even...

http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing-MacBook-Pro-15-Inch-Retina-Display-Mid-2012-Battery/9743/1

"WARNING: Removing the battery is very difficult. There is always a chance of inhaling noxious fumes and lighting the battery on fire. Work in a well ventilated area."

Not a single fuck wa

Wow. Lots of thoughts running through my head at this point. Biggest ones;

1) The retina display models have only been out for what? Three months? My MacBook, after a good two-and-a-half years of continuous every-day use is on 737 battery cycles and I'm still not noticing any performance drop from my battery. iStat reports a battery health of 81%. If you've already run down your Retina MacBook's battery by now, you probably aren't a human, but rather, a digital battery-testing machine, and I wonder if you are self-aware enough to engage in this project.

2) Given that you essentially have to take the entire computer apart to get the battery out of that thing, I'm guessing Apple is putting a lot of faith into it. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the things will run at least 1.5k cycles before breaking down, basically ensuring that some other component will fail before the battery does.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 7:10 pm

Riv wrote:
1) The retina display models have only been out for what? Three months? My MacBook, after a good two-and-a-half years of continuous every-day use is on 737 battery cycles and I'm still not noticing any performance drop from my battery. iStat reports a battery health of 81%. If you've already run down your Retina MacBook's battery by now, you probably aren't a human, but rather, a digital battery-testing machine, and I wonder if you are self-aware enough to engage in this project.

More like ifixit is an uber 1337 community of repair people, and they like to put out repair manuals for new devices as soon as they can to show off how awesome they are at haxxoring things

Riv wrote:
Apple is putting a lot of faith into it.

Oh, so naive of you to think that Not a single fuck wa More like they want you to throw your computer away when your battery dies and buy a new one. Or at the very least, mail it to them to have them replace it for $9999999999JOHNMADDENJOHNMADDENAEIOU
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 4:08 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
Riv wrote:

More like ifixit is an uber 1337 community of repair people, and they like to put out repair manuals for new devices as soon as they can to show off how awesome they are at haxxoring things

But who actually needs it, though? It's just going to be taking up server space doing nothing for at least another year...

Quote :
Riv wrote:
Apple is putting a lot of faith into it.

Oh, so naive of you to think that Not a single fuck wa More like they want you to throw your computer away when your battery dies and buy a new one. Or at the very least, mail it to them to have them replace it for $9999999999JOHNMADDENJOHNMADDENAEIOU

The machines are hardly disposable, they are built to operate well beyond the point that they become obsolete. Batteries are, due to their chemical nature, very limited in their lifespan, which is why the batteries in most laptops are so easy to change.

But they know they're going to have to change some of these eventually, and the labor involved in repair is always a flat rate. So they wouldn't be financially benefitted to install a battery with a low cycle limit, because they'd end up having to pay their employees for hours of repair work for each unit, while only taking in money for a much simpler repair job. The design is only logical if advances in the technology allow for over a thousand cycles.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 10:11 am

THE 660ti IS OUT, FUCKING YES
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

megusta megusta megusta
Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

Humor : terrible

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 12:00 am

>mfw The Witcher 2 auto detects my system as low spec.

The Computers Thread 1325647947002
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:02 am

Lucan wrote:
The Witcher 2

Enough said Not a single fuck wa
That game will rape your computer
You pretty much HAVE to have SLI/Crossfire to get a decent framerate
Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 1:05 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
Lucan wrote:
The Witcher 2

Enough said Not a single fuck wa
That game will rape your computer
You pretty much HAVE to have SLI/Crossfire to get a decent framerate
Despite the games warnings I maxed out the graphics anyway and it runs fairly well. A few huccups here and there but not as often as I would have assumed.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 4:27 am

The fact that I even have the option to max out graphics in games is enough to make me want to cry tears of joy megusta
Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 4:49 am

Kaizy wrote:
The fact that I even have the option to max out graphics in games is enough to make me want to cry tears of joy megusta
The most satisfying feeling was when I booted up Skyrim on my new laptop for the first time and it told me that Ultra settings were recommended, after spending years with a computer that could barely play Terraria.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 4:50 am

You know, I don't know how much I trust benchmarks, especially with graphics...

The people who are trying to sell you specific products usually benchmark them using really conservative settings, they turn off all the MSAA eye candy and are like OMG LOOK YOU CAN GET 90FPS ON ULTRA!

And then you look at another benchmark done by someone else who claims to be "neutral" and they crank up ALL the settings and are like OH LOOK, it only got 35FPS BUT IF YOU UPGRADE...
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 4:51 am

Lucan wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
The most satisfying feeling was when I booted up Skyrim on my new laptop for the first time and it told me that Ultra settings were recommended, after spending years with a computer that could barely play Terraria.
I dont even have Skyrim yet...Im gonna wait til it goes on sale again

I bet my graphics card can handle it megusta
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 4:52 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
You know, I don't know how much I trust benchmarks, especially with graphics...

The people who are trying to sell you specific products usually benchmark them using really conservative settings, they turn off all the MSAA eye candy and are like OMG LOOK YOU CAN GET 90FPS ON ULTRA!

And then you look at another benchmark done by someone else who claims to be "neutral" and they crank up ALL the settings and are like OH LOOK, it only got 35FPS BUT IF YOU UPGRADE...
I heard the most youll ever get from a game on almost any monitor is 60fps unless you overclock which isnt recommended
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 4:53 am

Lucan wrote:

Shit man, I can max out Terraria's settings at 1080p no problem, on an external display, running from my 4 year old midrange laptop inglip

(trying to run minecraft like this, i get like 2fps and it crashes when I open a chest)
Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 4:57 am

Kaizy wrote:

That's gonna be a while.

Try to resist now!
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 5:00 am

Meh, I'm sick of Skyrim, shit gets old really quick (well quick as in several dozen hours)
I guess I'll pick it back up when I get my new PC and can be like GRAPHICS WHOA and totally not care about the super repetitive gameplay. Of course it's kind of my fault for wanting to help fucking everyone
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 5:02 am

Lucan wrote:
Kaizy wrote:

That's gonna be a while.

Try to resist now!
While that is hilarious, I definitely wouldnt put a pony mod into my game
Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 5:07 am

Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 8:45 am

Lucan wrote:
Kaizy wrote:

That's gonna be a while.

Try to resist now!

"Aw man, Rarity. Look how dirty she's getting, she would be pissed!"

Hysterical.
Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 10:15 pm

Does anyone not own portal 2 yet? I have a 75% off coupon steam decided to send me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Computers Thread   The Computers Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Computers Thread
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
General Time-Wasters :: Main Category :: General Discussion-
Jump to: