General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions

Go down 
+5
MiloTime
Daisy The Bunny
Kaizy
Lucy
Inu1990x
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Inu1990x

Inu1990x

How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions Empty
PostSubject: How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions   How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 7:11 pm

Seek to understand different views. Before trying to change others' views and opinions, think that they come from different backgrounds, they have grown with a group of people that might just not be the type of people you usually are used to, that they may be that way because of their culture, religion, or general beliefs inherited from their parents or learned from friends.

Think what would you believe or think, after realizing what is previously explained, if it was you who was raised in that way. Imagine you are a person grown in a city and you are listening to a person who was raised in a rural area far, far from the city. After realizing that he or she was raised differently, ask yourself "What if I was grown far from the city?"
3Never say the other person is wrong based on your ideas. Your ideas might just be as right as his/hers. For example, as a Christian you might think you are right and a Muslim is wrong, and vice versa a Muslim would think he/she is right and you are wrong. At the end, you might just be right, or wrong.

Seek a way to learn from others' opinions and educate yourself so you will think if your ideas are wrong. Maybe you are sure of something out of fear to admit you might be wrong and it would mean something "terrible".
5Use patience. When another person says something really wrong, be patient and instead of imposing your opinion, state with reasonable arguments why the other person is wrong. For example, a person who does not earn money in a legal or ethical manner might justify him/herself for being poor, or having no luck finding a decent job, but you can give examples of why he/she is wrong. For example, confront a person who is used to stealing. Ask what would he/she do if they were stolen from.

Avoid arrogance and stubbornness. Divorces, job loss, friendship ends and other similar circumstances occur, sometimes, as a consequence for not listening and being too focused of our own opinions. You might not like something, for example, you might not like rap, or hip hop, and choose rock or jazz, but even if you have your own reasons to like your music, others might prefer what you don't like.

Use respect. If another person does not reciprocate your kindness on respecting and tolerating their opinions and tries to change your opinion, respectfully defend your views, allow some room for analysis but do not change your views unless you realize they are totally wrong, but always indicate that you respect their opinion.

Avoidance. If the other person insists on making their opinion as fact and yours as error in a disrespectful manner, move away from them and allow some time for them to calm down. If they persist in doing the same thing, then avoid them. If that person cannot be avoided because they're a coworker you have to work with, for example, demand your rights. But do not become as immature as they are.
If you both decide to end a discussion respectfully... if you can't find a balanced opinion, avoid the topic in any future conversation. For example, do not talk about your political or religious views with another person who does not agree with you and stands for their views "in their life".

Think. Is your way of thinking giving you success; Or is your way of thinking delaying or delaying success in your life? If the latter is true, consider looking for people with other opinions to help you find a way to be successful, but avoid any unethical, immoral or illegal action to help you because it will only give you sorrow at the end.......

Last edited by Inu1990x on Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

PostSubject: Re: How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions   How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 7:13 pm

I just see everyone as equally wrong about everything.

Because nothing is right. o:
Back to top Go down
Inu1990x

Inu1990x

PostSubject: Re: How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions   How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 7:17 pm

I know but there some butt hurt people who try to make hateart or cant keep rude commetns in there head
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

Humor : Sin

PostSubject: Re: How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions   How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 7:26 pm

Inu1990x wrote:
I know but there some butt hurt people who try to make hateart or cant keep rude commetns in there head
Yeah but thats just a sad fact of life, especially online

People are just as much entitled to give their negative opinions as people are to give their positive opinions and they will make that known. there really is no effective way to stop them unless you politely ask and the accept or they just stop.

In other words, haters gonna hate
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions   How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 7:32 pm

Kaizy is the most wrong person ever. <3
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

Humor : Decompression sickness

PostSubject: Re: How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions   How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 7:46 pm

What kind of drugs are you on and can I get some?
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions   How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 7:54 pm

Ahkmill wrote:
Fuck you <3
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions   How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 7:55 pm

Kaizy wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:
Fuck you <3

When and where? megusta
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions   How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 7:56 pm

Ahkmill wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:
Fuck you <3

When and where? megusta
Nowhere and never Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions   How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 7:57 pm

Kaizy wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:
Fuck you <3

When and where? megusta

Forever ALONE! All the time I've known you I've never stopped loving you. Forever ALONE!
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions   How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 7:58 pm

Ahkmill wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:
Fuck you <3

When and where? megusta

Forever ALONE! All the time I've known you I've never stopped loving you. Forever ALONE!
*insert Celine Dion here*
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

PostSubject: Re: How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions   How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 8:00 pm

Kaizy wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:
Fuck you <3

When and where? megusta

*insert Celine Dion here*

where is the loooove

if ever a river could whisper your name~

...I used to like that song...
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions   How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 8:03 pm

Milo has done nothing but continuously break my heart since I met him. Forever ALONE!
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions   How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 8:04 pm

Ahkmill wrote:
Milo has done nothing but continuously break my heart since I met him. Forever ALONE!
Just go grab his butt, Im sure he wont mind
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions   How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 8:08 pm

it's ironic that the very reason everybody left FAF for, is what has become of GTWF.... more-so that it's actually the other way around now.

Ahkmill wrote:

it's what I do. oh well

Kaizy wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:
Just go grab his butt, Im sure he wont mind

I'm not doing shit with an engaged person
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions   How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 8:09 pm

MiloTime wrote:
it's ironic that the very reason everybody left FAF for, is what has become of GTWF

So wait, GTWF has severely retarded mods, doesn't allow any fun, and is pretty much designed to house assholes and idiots?
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions   How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 8:11 pm

MiloTime wrote:
it's ironic that the very reason everybody left FAF for, is what has become of GTWF.... more-so that it's actually the other way around now.

Ouch, I wasnt aware I was a dicator admin

Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions   How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 8:11 pm

Kaizy wrote:
MiloTime wrote:

Not a single fuck wa

From now on I shall call you Surgat.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions   How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 8:12 pm

Ahkmill wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
MiloTime wrote:

Not a single fuck wa

Seriously?
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions   How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 8:12 pm

Kaizy wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
MiloTime wrote:

Not a single fuck wa

Seriously?
megusta lol trollface Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions   How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 8:13 pm

actually, I wasn't talking about mods. I mean the whole "tolerance" thing.

me of course being the head of it
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions   How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 8:14 pm

I don't get it.

Do we not tolerate you?
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions   How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 8:15 pm

Ahkmill wrote:
I don't get it.

Do we not tolerate you?

no, me being the most intolerant one.

I'm aware of how hated I am on here though.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions   How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 8:16 pm

MiloTime wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:
I don't get it.

Do we not tolerate you?

DONT HATE

JUST TOLERATE

allthe
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions   How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 8:17 pm

MiloTime wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:
I don't get it.

Do we not tolerate you?

I don't hate you, and I don't know if Kaizy possesses the ability to truly hate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions   How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to Be Tolerant to People's Opinions
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
General Time-Wasters :: Main Category :: General Discussion-
Jump to: