General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

so my PS3 is toast

Go down 
+5
Zoe
Riv
Tank Abuse
Kaizy
Wolf-Bone
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

so my PS3 is toast Empty
PostSubject: so my PS3 is toast   so my PS3 is toast Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 2:09 am

it won't even read a disc 99% of the time and the 1% of the time it does
here's what happens, i play a game like normal, works fine for a min or two
then the music just cuts out, and the game itself will die when it needs to load
go into a different room, go to save your game, enter a new map cell, fuck it

this machine is now essentially a brick. why? I blame New Vegas
New Vegas is the reason I constantly have to turn it on and off
sometimes without shutting it down properly. not a ragequit, mind
because in some instances, there is simply no way to make the machine act
usually, but not always, when this happens, i can manually eject
push the disc back in and it boots up again. i only do this 50x/day

ONLY with New Vegas, though. NO GAME FREEZES THAT MUCH
not FO3, not Skyrim, not nearly as often. no other game taxes my system
no other game breaks systems that I have used. am I wrong? explain it

but no, here's the real fun part, furries
here's the part where you argue why i should buy another PS3
go on, try me, convince me I should shell out nearly a grand
in total, that's almost what I will have spent between 2 PS3s
"oh no, you ONLY spent $750" fuck you, if you had a job in your life
you'd know a fucking penny may as well be a dollar
we change our shopping habits to save a few, right?

hell, for bonus points, you can try to convince me not to quit gaming
because i only TOLERATED PS3, I didn't LIKE IT over the others
and those are utter pieces of shit for one reason or another

do you have any idea what else I could do with that money?
drugs? prostitutes? a fucking website to MAKE money?
you know, money off of dumb fucks willing to pay a lot for nothing?
it sure seems to be the game industry's winning strategy!
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

Humor : Sin

so my PS3 is toast Empty
PostSubject: Re: so my PS3 is toast   so my PS3 is toast Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 2:19 am

PC
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
Tank Abuse

Tank Abuse

Humor : Exposed.

so my PS3 is toast Empty
PostSubject: Re: so my PS3 is toast   so my PS3 is toast Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 2:20 am

Kaizy wrote:
PC

Shit
Back to top Go down
http://gman313.deviantart.com/
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

so my PS3 is toast Empty
PostSubject: Re: so my PS3 is toast   so my PS3 is toast Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 2:25 am

Tank Abuse wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
PC

Shit
Its only as shit as you make it
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

so my PS3 is toast Empty
PostSubject: Re: so my PS3 is toast   so my PS3 is toast Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 2:31 am

Kaizy wrote:
Tank Abuse wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
PC

Shit

only shit as what you SPEND on it
and even then it's no guarantee
I'm sure New Vegas could be better on PC
this mod here, that patch there, alright but
i don't need the hassle. and a good PC costs WHAT?
oh right. give me a fucking break.
plus, waiting YEARS for a console game to come out
and even then it being a completely inferior mess
if it's even playable. are you fucking insane?
Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

so my PS3 is toast Empty
PostSubject: Re: so my PS3 is toast   so my PS3 is toast Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 2:33 am

Tank Abuse wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
PC

Shit

I like PC gaming more because you don't like it. Not a single fuck wa

Seriously, though, money spent on a machine that only plays games is money poorly spent, IMHO.
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
Tank Abuse

Tank Abuse

so my PS3 is toast Empty
PostSubject: Re: so my PS3 is toast   so my PS3 is toast Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 2:33 am

Kaizy wrote:
Tank Abuse wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
PC

Shit

Still shit.

>Also implying PC can't break or something

All PC and console fapping aside I doubt WB would fuck around with a PC since he's probably on the verge of quitting gaming forever now.

As much as he is a Dick Head, I feel sorry for him because I know how it feels to have your shit break on you for a dumbass reason. My first system died on me and I didn't even play it that much. It was a catastrophic failure too: E79 Error, RROD and disc drive shitout.

But I don't see the point in even offering my sympathies because Wolf Bone will just say something along the lines of "I don't need your sympathies" or some shit and then insult me.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

so my PS3 is toast Empty
PostSubject: Re: so my PS3 is toast   so my PS3 is toast Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 2:37 am

Tank Abuse wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
Tank Abuse wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
PC

Shit

Still shit.

All PC and console fapping aside I doubt WB would fuck around with a PC since he's probably on the verge of quitting gaming forever now.

As much as he is a Dick Head, I feel sorry for him because I know how it feels to have your shit break on you for a dumbass reason. My first system died on me and I didn't even play it that much. It was a catastrophic failure too: E79 Error, RROD and disc drive shitout.

But I don't see the point in even offering my sympathies because Wolf Bone will just say something along the lines of "I don't need your sympathies" or some shit and then insult me.

Now he's just going to tell you that he doesn't need you to tell everyone that he would tell you that he doesn't need your sympathies and then insult you.
Back to top Go down
Zoe
I <3 Tentacles
Zoe

Humor : Consentacles

so my PS3 is toast Empty
PostSubject: Re: so my PS3 is toast   so my PS3 is toast Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 2:38 am

>get butter
>slather on surface of PS3
>Strawberry jam
>???
>profit
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

so my PS3 is toast Empty
PostSubject: Re: so my PS3 is toast   so my PS3 is toast Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 2:44 am

Tank Abuse wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
Tank Abuse wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
PC

Shit

Still shit.

As a kid I had numerous Playstations overheat. Ive had a 360 die on me, Microsoft gave me shitty support and didnt tell me about an extended warranty I had that would have covered why it broke, and on top of that I had to shell out money if I wanted to play online with friends. Then I went through about 2 PS3s that had hardware problems until I got one that worked.

Yeah, the PC can break, but guess what, PC parts are pretty easy to replace and its much cheaper to replace a part in a computer than it is to go out and buy a brand new gaming console when yours breaks (which these days is every other week)
Back to top Go down
Tank Abuse

Tank Abuse

so my PS3 is toast Empty
PostSubject: Re: so my PS3 is toast   so my PS3 is toast Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 2:52 am

Kaizy wrote:
Tank Abuse wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
Tank Abuse wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
PC

Shit

Still shit.

As a kid I had numerous Playstations overheat. Ive had a 360 die on me, Microsoft gave me shitty support and didnt tell me about an extended warranty I had that would have covered why it broke, and on top of that I had to shell out money if I wanted to play online with friends. Then I went through about 2 PS3s that had hardware problems until I got one that worked.

Yeah, the PC can break, but guess what, PC parts are pretty easy to replace and its much cheaper to replace a part in a computer than it is to go out and buy a brand new gaming console when yours breaks (which these days is every other week)

Some people have some serious shitty luck with consoles.

Plus xbox 360s go for like 200 dollars or something.

A lot of the main components of a good PC cost that.

How is that financial decision better tha----

Actually I'm done. This will be the third thread I've derailed with PC shit.

Tired of arguing with the two or three PC gamers on this site.

Back to top Go down
Zaraphayx

Zaraphayx

Humor : I am not funny sorry :[

so my PS3 is toast Empty
PostSubject: Re: so my PS3 is toast   so my PS3 is toast Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 2:52 am

Zoe wrote:
>get butter
>slather on surface of PS3
>Strawberry jam
>???
>profit

Behold, the only person who took this thread at face value.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

so my PS3 is toast Empty
PostSubject: Re: so my PS3 is toast   so my PS3 is toast Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:06 am

Tank Abuse wrote:
Plus xbox 360s go for like 200 dollars or something.

A lot of the main components of a good PC cost that.

How is that financial decision better tha----
If you look at what parts of a PC fail the most, youll see just how wrong that statement is, and to prove my point, Ill use my own PC as an example since its one of those pricey beasts.

Harddrive failures are common as fuck, yet how much do you spend on a harddrive? I spent $100 on mine. $200 > $100

Motherboards fail a lot too and those are more serious, but still, mine was about $139. $200 > $139

I suppose power supplies could fail too, but mine was like $70. $200 > $70

I think the main compontents youre implying here are the GPU and the CPU

I dont quite know how common it is for a good GPU to die on you, and mine was over $400 so Ill give you that, but I still have never heard of someone's $400 GPU dying on them before unless they were overclocking or something, which youd have to be stupid to do anyways. the only GPU failure I ever heard of was the GPU failure my Xbox360 gave me.
The CPU I have ran me about $200, so its right on par with the Xbox price, but again, I dont hear about CPU failures that much. The most common things to fail are usually the hard drive, power supply and the motherboard, and all of them are cheaper than an Xbox as far as replacing them goes.

Plus you dont have to pay to play your games online

Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

so my PS3 is toast Empty
PostSubject: Re: so my PS3 is toast   so my PS3 is toast Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:29 am

Tank Abuse wrote:

Yeah because let's forget about the fact I don't actually say things like that for a moment and pretend I totally would say that.

As for all the PC vs console shit, listen, as much as I love a good domestic dispute like y'all are having

It is completely out of my hands that, for various reasons, not all of which are good, the market favors consoles and has for quite some time.

Do you have any idea how long some of us have been waiting for PCs to be the competition to those self-entitled assholes at Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft we've wanted them to be since before the last of those 3 really even had a horse in that race?

Oh right, because at the time, we thought they did, and it would be the PC. No, it turned out to be the first Xbox. Even they decided gaming was done on dedicated consoles. Who the fuck else was going to take up the mantle, Apple?

You don't think I was kind of hoping against hope for one machine that does it all for most of my now waning youth? That's part of why I bought a PS3, because it was at least a blu-ray player and, at the time, it was backwards compatible and could even run another OS! functionally, it could be a computer. maybe not a good one, but it seemed like a start. if it had no games (which had already proven to be a fallacy by the time I bought it), at least I'd get something out of it.

then they did away with all that, and in probably the most offensive (to our intelligence as consumers) slogan ever, declared the new model of PS3 "only does EVERYTHING".

so look, you don't have to tell me that there is not a single console gamer this generation who hasn't been royally fucked in some way or another, but the PC is hardly the panacea you make it out to be if for no other reason than we have to go through virtually all the hoops and hassle on consoles as we would on a PC, but at least the games come out some time this century and perform up to par, more or less.

why did PS3 lag behind the 360? because it lagged behind in release. that's sort of how markets work, and I don't like it, but that's the way it is.
Back to top Go down
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

so my PS3 is toast Empty
PostSubject: Re: so my PS3 is toast   so my PS3 is toast Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:31 am

I play both PC and console because I'm not a

FUCKING TOOLBOX.

:3
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

so my PS3 is toast Empty
PostSubject: Re: so my PS3 is toast   so my PS3 is toast Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:41 am

Lucy wrote:
I play both PC and console because I

HAVE LOTS OF EXTRA MONEY

FTFY :3
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

so my PS3 is toast Empty
PostSubject: Re: so my PS3 is toast   so my PS3 is toast Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:45 am

I wish I was a grown-ass man still living with my parents
oh right, I practically am yet I still have responsibilities
and might find better uses of the money once I have it
which I will, because I'm, you know, an actual man
Back to top Go down
Zaraphayx

Zaraphayx

Humor : I am not funny sorry :[

so my PS3 is toast Empty
PostSubject: Re: so my PS3 is toast   so my PS3 is toast Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:50 am

lol you guys.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

so my PS3 is toast Empty
PostSubject: Re: so my PS3 is toast   so my PS3 is toast Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:54 am

I love my computer, but I dont hate consoles or anything

Hell I still have mine and I love playing them

Remember the N64? That thing is my favorite system ever. And then theres the Gamecube, and the Wii, and I love them dearly. But all the new consoles are as delicate as wine glasses these days (excluding Nintendo systems because theyre pretty much built like fucking tanks (seriously, try to go break your Gamecube)). You dont even have to do anything other than play the system for them to just die on you randomly for a random unknown hardware issue. This was my problem with Xbox and why I started planning to switch to PC games as far as newer generations goes. Im not about to shell out $200+ on anything unless Im absolutely certain that its going to last. The Xbox was a gift for me and my brother, so we initially didnt pay anything as far as the system itself went, we just paid for online for each of us, games, ect. The system dies on us, and what the hell could we do? I called Microsoft, they gave me the cold shoulder, telling me some shit that I had a warranty that would have covered this but they didnt tell anyone because "people might break their systems on purpose to get them repaired or get new ones" and they demanded that I pay $200 to have them "fix" the system. So, I promptly hung up on them, sold every bit of Xbox related content I owned and bought a PS3. I experienced hardware issues with the first two, but they were much more supportive and I was eventually able to buy a new one that worked (right aroud the time the PS3 online servers crashed and werent online for over a month).

My PS3 is great, but I like having a machine that plays all these games, theyre sold on an online store for prices I can actually afford because of regular sales, and I love that when Im done playing a game, I can just close it and immediately be using a computer thats good enough to where I dont have to worry about whether or not its finally going to die on me or not.

Also

Lucy wrote:
I play both PC and console because I'm not a

FUCKING TOOLBOX.

>implying that preferring just one way of gaming makes someone lesser than others

Theres some hypocracy in the air
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

so my PS3 is toast Empty
PostSubject: Re: so my PS3 is toast   so my PS3 is toast Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 4:18 am

[quote="Kaizy"]Remember the N64? That thing is my favorite system ever. And then theres the Gamecube, and the Wii, and I love them dearly. But all the new consoles are as delicate as wine glasses these days (excluding Nintendo systems because theyre pretty much built like fucking tanks (seriously, try to go break your Gamecube))./quote]

Yeah, that reminds me. I guess I could play a Gamecube game I haven't played in forever, which is basically all of them. There's still a few PS2 games I have that I'd probably enjoy. And my PS3 will turn on and I'm guess play those few PS1 classics I downloaded just fine, it just won't play the fucking games I actually bought the system for in the first place.

Kaizy wrote:
The system dies on us, and what the hell could we do? I called Microsoft, they gave me the cold shoulder, telling me some shit that I had a warranty that would have covered this but they didnt tell anyone because "people might break their systems on purpose to get them repaired or get new ones" and they demanded that I pay $200 to have them "fix" the system. So, I promptly hung up on them, sold every bit of Xbox related content I owned and bought a PS3. I experienced hardware issues with the first two, but they were much more supportive and I was eventually able to buy a new one that worked (right aroud the time the PS3 online servers crashed and werent online for over a month).

Shit like that is why I don't cry about piracy making it harder on me somehow. I fucking support and celebrate it. You know why? Because it's what these fucking companies deserve with their attitude not just towards their customers, but their own fucking products. It's a little thing called Personal Responsibility that goes a long way with both the kind of people who run these companies and myself. The difference is, I see it as a two-way street. These assholes get exactly what they deserve every time someone decides the shit isn't worth paying for, because when I, as someone who paid for it, can no longer justify my own fucking purchase, how in the pissing hell am I supposed to be angry when someone pirates, as if that's hurt me personally?

And yes, it's usually referring to software when we talk about it, because for us, that's the main issue. But it's not like in other countries and possibly somewhere in our own backyard on a smaller scale, the technology we pay a premium price for isn't reverse-engineered and sold for the beans it's really worth to someone. And you know what? I say good on 'em, because if people don't want the product at the price they set, there's probably a better reason than just people being "cheap". It's the companies themselves that are cheap.

Sony are the assholes who said they thought people would be willing to work harder and longer for their system. I literally did. And I feel like a bloody idiot for it. But even I didn't pay what it originally cost. I paid with a discount on top of an already reduced price at the place I worked at the time because that's how bad they needed to get the fucking things off the shelves. And now it feels like even that wasn't worth it. So I don't fucking blame anyone who bought a 360 because it was cheaper, it's just they got shafted the same as me a little sooner for a little less.
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

Humor : Decompression sickness

so my PS3 is toast Empty
PostSubject: Re: so my PS3 is toast   so my PS3 is toast Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 7:09 am

Console debates are very mature topics of discussion.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

so my PS3 is toast Empty
PostSubject: Re: so my PS3 is toast   so my PS3 is toast Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 7:16 am

Caribou wrote:
Console debates are very mature topics of discussion.
By that logic, any debate could be looked to as a mature topic of discussion

Also, nice sarcasm
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

Humor : Decompression sickness

so my PS3 is toast Empty
PostSubject: Re: so my PS3 is toast   so my PS3 is toast Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 7:49 am

thanks
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

Humor : D is for lysdexia

so my PS3 is toast Empty
PostSubject: Re: so my PS3 is toast   so my PS3 is toast Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 11:39 am

I feel like a lucky duck here then. Everyone talking about console failures and how often they happened. I got RROD, sent my system in, and 4 weeks later got it back. That was 4 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

so my PS3 is toast Empty
PostSubject: Re: so my PS3 is toast   so my PS3 is toast Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

so my PS3 is toast
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
General Time-Wasters :: Main Category :: Five Frags Left-
Jump to: