General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mushroom thread!

Go down 
+7
Zoe
Azure
Tank Abuse
XoPachi
Daisy The Bunny
Lucy
TangoDelahunt
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Azure

Mushroom thread! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mushroom thread!   Mushroom thread! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 12:54 am

yeah when you take most hallucinogens, you KNOW what is and isnt real for the most part. unless you eat a bag of shrooms, drop a 10 strip of some fire acid, and start taking blasts of DMT from a pookie at regular 30 minute intervals. then, well, youll just have to FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF WHAT ITS LIKE. entities man, fucking entities. WHAT ARE YOU?

have you ever thought every though ever? in the span of 2 seconds? do you want to?
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

PostSubject: Re: Mushroom thread!   Mushroom thread! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 12:59 am

Azure wrote:

have you ever thought every though ever? in the span of 2 seconds? do you want to?

god no. fuck that
Back to top Go down
Zaraphayx

Zaraphayx

Humor : I am not funny sorry :[

PostSubject: Re: Mushroom thread!   Mushroom thread! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 4:22 am

I knew this dude who did shrooms once who managed to convince himself that he was turning into chicken noodle soup and if he didn't keep himself wrapped in a blanket he'd spill all over the floor.

So he just sat there on the couch for a few hours wrapped in a blanket crying.
Back to top Go down
Tank Abuse

Tank Abuse

Humor : Exposed.

PostSubject: Re: Mushroom thread!   Mushroom thread! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 4:39 am

Zaraphayx wrote:
I knew this dude who did shrooms once who managed to convince himself that he was turning into chicken noodle soup and if he didn't keep himself wrapped in a blanket he'd spill all over the floor.

lol'd
Back to top Go down
http://gman313.deviantart.com/
Zoe
I <3 Tentacles
Zoe

Humor : Consentacles

PostSubject: Re: Mushroom thread!   Mushroom thread! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 12:04 pm

Zaraphayx wrote:

That's hilarious. I just forgot I had a penis for 8 hours.
Was pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
RickyBobbyMew

RickyBobbyMew

PostSubject: Re: Mushroom thread!   Mushroom thread! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:54 pm

I once ate a straw casing of mushrooms (about an oz dry?) and lit the living room sofa on fire. Then I burned my hand trying to put it out. That foam shit in sofas is like fucking napalm. It STICKS :\
Back to top Go down
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

PostSubject: Re: Mushroom thread!   Mushroom thread! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 4:48 pm

I've never done anything crazy or stupid on any psychedelic, ever.

You guys must really suck at tripping. :U
Back to top Go down
TangoDelahunt

TangoDelahunt

Humor : Yes, I am Brace's boyfriend. Thx for asking!

PostSubject: Re: Mushroom thread!   Mushroom thread! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 4:55 pm

RickyBobbyMew wrote:
I once ate a straw casing of mushrooms (about an oz dry?) and lit the living room sofa on fire. Then I burned my hand trying to put it out. That foam shit in sofas is like fucking napalm. It STICKS :\

Wait, you're going to have to explain this one. The casing is the lay of stuff that helps the mushrooms grow. You ate that? And an ounce of it? All i can say are two things if that it the case: 'Why?' and 'Eww!'
Back to top Go down
RickyBobbyMew

RickyBobbyMew

PostSubject: Re: Mushroom thread!   Mushroom thread! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 6:45 pm

TangoDelahunt wrote:
Wait, you're going to have to explain this one. The casing is the lay of stuff that helps the mushrooms grow. You ate that? And an ounce of it? All i can say are two things if that it the case: 'Why?' and 'Eww!'

Casing doesn't help anything grow as much as keep moisture in.

The mycelium grows off the substrate. We generally used brown rice for that.

By "straw casing" I meant all the mushrooms that fruited off the top.

However, I have made tea out of spent mycelium and it works really well.

I wouldn't do that after casing it, though. Peat moss doesn't taste very good ;3
Back to top Go down
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

PostSubject: Re: Mushroom thread!   Mushroom thread! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 6:47 pm

Shroom tea is amazing.
Back to top Go down
RickyBobbyMew

RickyBobbyMew

PostSubject: Re: Mushroom thread!   Mushroom thread! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 7:57 pm

Lucy wrote:
Shroom tea is amazing.

Mycelium tea tastes pretty much the same; it's just stronger because you use more.

There isn't anything else you can do with spent mycelium; better to make tea than just toss it.

It has a good amount of psilocybin once it's spent, anyway.
Back to top Go down
TangoDelahunt

TangoDelahunt

Humor : Yes, I am Brace's boyfriend. Thx for asking!

PostSubject: Re: Mushroom thread!   Mushroom thread! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 1:43 pm

RickyBobbyMew wrote:
TangoDelahunt wrote:

Casing doesn't help anything grow as much as keep moisture in.

The mycelium grows off the substrate. We generally used brown rice for that.

By "straw casing" I meant all the mushrooms that fruited off the top.

However, I have made tea out of spent mycelium and it works really well.

I wouldn't do that after casing it, though. Peat moss doesn't taste very good ;3

I get what you mean now. Cool.
Back to top Go down
GinAndTonic

GinAndTonic

Humor : I didn't do it.

PostSubject: Re: Mushroom thread!   Mushroom thread! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 10:11 pm

My first time ever doing shrooms was at a certain furry convention several years ago. I ate 3.5 grams of some very, very potent little golden headies and wound up wrapping myself in a hotel blanket I ganked off of someone's bed, and proceeded to wear it for the next few days. Every time I immersed myself in Blanket World, all kinds of crazy faces would morph in and out of the fabric. All the patterns in the carpet became very, very shifty and geometric. About the time I started peaking, my friends and I decided to go out for a smoke, and as we got off the elevators we found out a certain dragon had thrown himself off of a certain flight of stairs outside the smoker's patio trying to kill himself, and suddenly, while tripping balls and very very confused, I found myself surrounded by swarms of paramedics and cops and con security screaming "CODE ARMADILLO!" into their walkie-talkies.

Thankfully I got to safety, and then the spiritual side of the trip started. I felt my "real" self, this little infinitely powerful spark of energy sitting in the cockpit of my brain, piloting my body around like a freaking Gundam mech suit or something.

I have done mushrooms many times since then and while I haven't always had "good" trips, I always learn something extremely insightful. After one long conversation with a baby tree in the woods, I realized that we humans are being bred by the puppeteers of our culture to feel disconnected with the world outside our little People Boxes. Humans are supposed to live in tribes just as wolves live in packs and birds live in flocks, but instead, we're born into a system that pits us against each other to the point where most of us don't even know our fucking neighbors names.

Psychedelics have contributed more to human evolution than we can imagine. They're illegal because they tend to make users more empathic, and the arms industry would fall the fuck apart if we all started loving each other for no reason at all. On the flipside, some people DO have adverse reactions-- not all medicines are for everyone, as all of our brain chemistry functions grow differently. It's a matter of knowing yourself, knowing your source and having respect for WHY you're using hallucinogens, because I promise you, eating a handful of caps and trying to watch a Saw movie is a really, really dumb idea. 

But just as Bill Hicks said, you'll never see a positive drug story in the news, they always find that one asshole who jumped out of a building thinking he could fly so they can heap more fear and bullshit into our minds.

And, as George Clinton of Funkadelic said... "Free your mind, and your ass will follow."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mushroom thread!   Mushroom thread! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mushroom thread!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2