General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Judging people's worth by being a productive member of society...

Go down 
+8
XoPachi
Azure
Lucy
MiloTime
Wolf-Bone
Lunar
Tank Abuse
RickyBobbyMew
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Zaraphayx

Zaraphayx

Humor : I am not funny sorry :[

Judging people's worth by being a productive member of society... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judging people's worth by being a productive member of society...   Judging people's worth by being a productive member of society... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 9:30 am

I judge people's worth by how much they offer me personally, just like anyone else.

Everything else is a lie :V
Back to top Go down
jcstinks

jcstinks

Judging people's worth by being a productive member of society... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judging people's worth by being a productive member of society...   Judging people's worth by being a productive member of society... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 3:28 pm

This raises the fundamental question of defining value. What is value? What do human beings contribute? I would argue that at the fundamental level, our values are culturally-subjective. Your example of income as an identifier of cultural worth is accurate in the United States, but not so in Sweden, for example, where making too much is frowned upon.

Albert Einstein proposed separating the idea of "success" and "value." A person who does well for himself does not necessarily create value. Rather, a valuable person may not be recognized at all from his work. Someone who asks society for large amounts of compensation is necessarily less valuable than an identical person who does not. A surgeon earning $300,000 is necessarily soaking up a marginal $300,000 in base value. So perhaps the position of a surgeon is valuable, but the person who consumes value to fill that position is not.

RickyBobbyMew wrote:
Still, (22 is) very young XD

Be careful of pegging twenty-somethings as children. I have a mental filter that turns "young adult" into "grown-ass adult." By your twenties you have literally spent years as an adult. It's no one's fault but your own if you haven't done shit by then.

Last edited by jcstinks on Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I hit send before I was done posting and then I did it again)
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Judging people's worth by being a productive member of society...   Judging people's worth by being a productive member of society... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 6:30 pm

Einstein was a fucking Jew, what does he know about anything that matters to real folks?
Back to top Go down
Azure

PostSubject: Re: Judging people's worth by being a productive member of society...   Judging people's worth by being a productive member of society... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 8:44 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
Einstein was a fucking Jew, what does he know about anything that matters to real folks?
he was a jew that couldnt even tie his own shoelaces

therefore he is valueless to any shoe company except the ones that sell velcro throwbacks
Back to top Go down
RickyBobbyMew

RickyBobbyMew

PostSubject: Re: Judging people's worth by being a productive member of society...   Judging people's worth by being a productive member of society... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 10:18 pm

This thread was sorta intended to be inflammatory. (I'll let you guess the context)

The truth is, "society" is clusterfuck of retards who think this way. They judge themselves in terms of others around them but idolize people with traits they admire. Generally these are superficial: money, power, fame... but sometimes others like heroism, innovation or challenging the very ethic and moral infrastructure of civilization.

You'll notice the conflation in responses here; people didn't think of objectively admirable traits but ones they find SUBJECTIVELY appealing. Welcome to the world of Why Democracy Doesn't Work.
Back to top Go down
Zaraphayx

Zaraphayx

Humor : I am not funny sorry :[

PostSubject: Re: Judging people's worth by being a productive member of society...   Judging people's worth by being a productive member of society... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 4:41 pm

hay man velcro shoes are okay
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Judging people's worth by being a productive member of society...   Judging people's worth by being a productive member of society... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 6:51 pm

RickyBobbyMew wrote:
This thread was sorta intended to be inflammatory. (I'll let you guess the context)

The truth is, "society" is clusterfuck of retards who think this way. They judge themselves in terms of others around them but idolize people with traits they admire. Generally these are superficial: money, power, fame... but sometimes others like heroism, innovation or challenging the very ethic and moral infrastructure of civilization.

You'll notice the conflation in responses here; people didn't think of objectively admirable traits but ones they find SUBJECTIVELY appealing. Welcome to the world of Why Democracy Doesn't Work.

So basically the entire thread was a "social experiment" to bolster your half-baked, quasi-randian bullshit? See the only problem is that was pretty fucking obvious from the initial post.
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

Humor : Decompression sickness

PostSubject: Re: Judging people's worth by being a productive member of society...   Judging people's worth by being a productive member of society... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 6:51 pm

I don't buy it, really.
Back to top Go down
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

PostSubject: Re: Judging people's worth by being a productive member of society...   Judging people's worth by being a productive member of society... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 6:55 pm

Judging people's worth by being a productive member of society... - Page 2 V8oo7s
Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Judging people's worth by being a productive member of society...   Judging people's worth by being a productive member of society... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 8:32 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
So basically the entire thread was a "social experiment" to bolster your half-baked, quasi-randian bullshit? See the only problem is that was pretty fucking obvious from the initial post.

Ricky has a secret.

The secret is that he's dumb.
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judging people's worth by being a productive member of society...   Judging people's worth by being a productive member of society... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judging people's worth by being a productive member of society...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
General Time-Wasters :: Main Category :: General Discussion-
Jump to: