HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Hardcore drug addiction

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Daisy The Bunny

avatar

Humor : Decompression sickness
Posts : 1701
Join date : 2011-10-19
Age : 23
Location : Lancashire, England

PostSubject: Hardcore drug addiction   Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:08 pm

Hi there! Daisy Lusk here to ask you: What are you doing with your life? Up until now, you probably had some goals to achieve. Not anymore. It doesn't matter, because now you're dissatisfied with your life. You're not doing anything exciting and you want to murder just about everyone, because you're twenty three and you live with your mom. You need to start doing illegal drugs. You need to start doing drugs right now, to put the fun back into your life. I use them, and they work for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
avatar

Humor : D is for lysdexia
Posts : 2524
Join date : 2011-10-19
Age : 23
Location : La Mer

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:16 pm

Im fairly comfortable without them. Only cigarettes and whiskey here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
greg-the-fox

avatar

Posts : 6633
Join date : 2011-10-26
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:18 pm

The internet is my addiction
Or the computer in general

I'm 100% serious, I'd probably cut you if you tried to take it away from me inglip
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kaizy
Admin
avatar

Humor : Sin
Posts : 6179
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 26
Location : Bed

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:29 pm

I have a caffeine addiction fuck yeah
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
avatar

Posts : 7308
Join date : 2011-10-17
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:06 am

Fuck drugs. Snort bitches.

Awww Yeaaah
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://furrygtw.forumotion.com
Taz

avatar

Humor : Suggestive, Dry, Sardonic
Posts : 1349
Join date : 2011-10-30
Age : 23
Location : The Vast Expanse of Northern Canada

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:30 am

I smoke marijuanna, fun in my life is no issue as all I have to do is walk around and go to school.
Oh! Also visit my friends and stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jesusfish

avatar

Humor : μελαγχολία
Posts : 107
Join date : 2012-01-03
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:08 am

I had some issues with methamphetamine and methylphenidate for a while, but I got over them.

I stick with synthetic cannabinoids, cannabis, liquor, and every psychedelic.

All of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cm2dude.tumblr.com
greg-the-fox

avatar

Posts : 6633
Join date : 2011-10-26
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:27 am

Skyrim is a hell of a drug...

Jesusfish wrote:
synthetic cannabinoids

I heard those were awful inglip
(according to cracked)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolf-Bone

avatar

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2011-10-20
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:12 am

Jesusfish wrote:
I had some issues with methamphetamine and methylphenidate for a while, but I got over them.

I stick with synthetic cannabinoids, cannabis, liquor, and every psychedelic.

All of them.

I can't believe you'd mess with meth. There's no way in a million years I would get within 100 yards of that stuff. I know what it does to people and I can't for the life of me fathom what compels anyone to fuck with that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MiloTime

avatar

Humor : George Michael Bluth
Posts : 11032
Join date : 2011-10-22
Age : 27
Location : Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:19 am

Wolf-Bone wrote:
Jesusfish wrote:
I had some issues with methamphetamine and methylphenidate for a while, but I got over them.

I stick with synthetic cannabinoids, cannabis, liquor, and every psychedelic.

All of them.

I can't believe you'd mess with meth. There's no way in a million years I would get within 100 yards of that stuff. I know what it does to people and I can't for the life of me fathom what compels anyone to fuck with that.

at this point, it's not even a question of "I'm curious" so much as "I'm so fucking stupid, although I know for a fact throughout the years of countless evidence I've been given, of what it does to people, I'm STILL going to do it Not a single fuck wa "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Daisy The Bunny

avatar

Humor : Decompression sickness
Posts : 1701
Join date : 2011-10-19
Age : 23
Location : Lancashire, England

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:14 am

MiloTime wrote:
at this point, it's not even a question of "I'm curious" so much as "I'm so fucking stupid, although I know for a fact throughout the years of countless evidence I've been given, of what it does to people, I'm STILL going to do it Not a single fuck wa "

The people that willingly do Krokodil confuse me. It literally rots your skin to the bone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
avatar

Posts : 7308
Join date : 2011-10-17
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:04 pm

Thlayli wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
at this point, it's not even a question of "I'm curious" so much as "I'm so fucking stupid, although I know for a fact throughout the years of countless evidence I've been given, of what it does to people, I'm STILL going to do it Not a single fuck wa "

The people that willingly do Krokodil confuse me. It literally rots your skin to the bone.

It's these fuckin' loser drug dealers who don't know what they're doing, playing chemist with little to no working knowledge of organic reactions or human physiology. The active ingredient of krokodil is actually a somewhat-safe medicinal drug, but the people who make it for street use don't know the first thing about filtering the desired product from products of side-reactions.

I mean, an addiction to opiates is a bad thing no matter what, but there are some real shitheads out there making it worse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://furrygtw.forumotion.com
Wolf-Bone

avatar

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2011-10-20
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:40 pm

Riv wrote:
It's these fuckin' loser drug dealers who don't know what they're doing, playing chemist with little to no working knowledge of organic reactions or human physiology. The active ingredient of krokodil is actually a somewhat-safe medicinal drug, but the people who make it for street use don't know the first thing about filtering the desired product from products of side-reactions.

I mean, an addiction to opiates is a bad thing no matter what, but there are some real shitheads out there making it worse.

They probably know, but they also know the process is more expensive than just selling the shit as-is, and more importantly, they know addicts will buy it and keep coming back for more regardless of what it's doing to them. It's just capitalism taken to its logical end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
greg-the-fox

avatar

Posts : 6633
Join date : 2011-10-26
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:13 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
They probably know, but they also know the process is more expensive than just selling the shit as-is, and more importantly, they know addicts will buy it and keep coming back for more regardless of what it's doing to them. It's just capitalism taken to its logical end.

YEAH, RON PAUL! Free market economics! :V
*heavy sarcasm in case you couldn't tell*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AuraTwilight



Posts : 41
Join date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:23 pm

I'm not addicted to anything. Never even drank because I'm all boring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pliio

avatar

Humor : Satire
Posts : 282
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 24
Location : Missourah

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:39 pm

I'm addicted to caffeine. I've never tried any other drug, mostly because I can't smoke without dying. I've had a high effect off of painkillers, though. And been around small amounts of pot- enough to feel small effects.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolf-Bone

avatar

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2011-10-20
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:51 pm

greg-the-fox wrote:
Wolf-Bone wrote:
They probably know, but they also know the process is more expensive than just selling the shit as-is, and more importantly, they know addicts will buy it and keep coming back for more regardless of what it's doing to them. It's just capitalism taken to its logical end.

YEAH, RON PAUL! Free market economics! :V
*heavy sarcasm in case you couldn't tell*

I think I have the final solution to the Libertarian question.
Most importantly, we need to realize that when you think of "The Market" and refer to it in the terms they tend to, what you're dealing with isn't the same natural exchange of goods, services and capital the rest of us understand economics to be. When you think of the market as this omnipresent, all powerful force that can "decide" anything (as in the phrase "let the market decide" what is to become of the poor, minorities, small businesses, etc), or to one who wishes to have the appearance of being gentler of heart, "take care of" the world's problems, you're essentially saying you believe the market is a living thing, a deity of sorts.
I believe they should be entitled to that belief, and to form a society according to those beliefs, among their own kind, and without impacting the rest of us, which is actually a sacred tenet of theirs. Freedom of association means freedom from association, after all. But I realize it's not perfectly feasible to just quarantine entire swaths of the population on these proposed Libertarian reservations, especially when most of their more ardent fundamentalists live on the fringes as it is. But this is where, I believe, the problem could solve itself (or The Market could solve it, whatever), with one simple change.
Declare Libertarianism a religion. Recognize The Market as a perfectly acceptable deity to worship. Do whatever is necessary to put those smaller fringes on the fast track to having their properties designated as hallowed grounds, or sanctuaries, or whatever the appropriate term is for situations like the one where David Koresh holed up with his followers in Waco. No law enforcement shall enter, and neither shall any private citizen who is not wanted there, on their own head be it. For example, should someone wander into their territory trying to talk some sense into them, castle doctrine is in full effect. If they take it a step further than just shooting trespassers, deciding to capture and crucify them on their borders to warn other would be trespassers, so be it. It's hardly what I think of when I think of a free, just society, but then again it's not really fair that Iran can capture and execute a Canadian citizen for having the nerve to visit family there for the crime of making a program to upload photos to the internet. I sure hope the creators of Facebook, DeviantArt, Photobucket, Flickr and countless others don't have family in Iran...
But anyway, I think it's probably the only way around this problem, for a society that wants to tolerate and peacefully coexist with all kinds -- by letting them live among their own kind, away from the rest of us. Besides, as a religion, they'd be exempt from virtually all taxes, and that's their big talking point anyway, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
avatar

Posts : 7308
Join date : 2011-10-17
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:07 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
greg-the-fox wrote:
Wolf-Bone wrote:
They probably know, but they also know the process is more expensive than just selling the shit as-is, and more importantly, they know addicts will buy it and keep coming back for more regardless of what it's doing to them. It's just capitalism taken to its logical end.

YEAH, RON PAUL! Free market economics! :V
*heavy sarcasm in case you couldn't tell*

I think I have the final solution to the Libertarian question.
Most importantly, we need to realize that when you think of "The Market" and refer to it in the terms they tend to, what you're dealing with isn't the same natural exchange of goods, services and capital the rest of us understand economics to be. When you think of the market as this omnipresent, all powerful force that can "decide" anything (as in the phrase "let the market decide" what is to become of the poor, minorities, small businesses, etc), or to one who wishes to have the appearance of being gentler of heart, "take care of" the world's problems, you're essentially saying you believe the market is a living thing, a deity of sorts.
I believe they should be entitled to that belief, and to form a society according to those beliefs, among their own kind, and without impacting the rest of us, which is actually a sacred tenet of theirs. Freedom of association means freedom from association, after all. But I realize it's not perfectly feasible to just quarantine entire swaths of the population on these proposed Libertarian reservations, especially when most of their more ardent fundamentalists live on the fringes as it is. But this is where, I believe, the problem could solve itself (or The Market could solve it, whatever), with one simple change.
Declare Libertarianism a religion. Recognize The Market as a perfectly acceptable deity to worship. Do whatever is necessary to put those smaller fringes on the fast track to having their properties designated as hallowed grounds, or sanctuaries, or whatever the appropriate term is for situations like the one where David Koresh holed up with his followers in Waco. No law enforcement shall enter, and neither shall any private citizen who is not wanted there, on their own head be it. For example, should someone wander into their territory trying to talk some sense into them, castle doctrine is in full effect. If they take it a step further than just shooting trespassers, deciding to capture and crucify them on their borders to warn other would be trespassers, so be it. It's hardly what I think of when I think of a free, just society, but then again it's not really fair that Iran can capture and execute a Canadian citizen for having the nerve to visit family there for the crime of making a program to upload photos to the internet. I sure hope the creators of Facebook, DeviantArt, Photobucket, Flickr and countless others don't have family in Iran...
But anyway, I think it's probably the only way around this problem, for a society that wants to tolerate and peacefully coexist with all kinds -- by letting them live among their own kind, away from the rest of us. Besides, as a religion, they'd be exempt from virtually all taxes, and that's their big talking point anyway, right?

Worst idea ever. Every corporation owner would declare himself a member of that religion, and as their property rapidly expands, the entire country would rapidly devolve into feudalism, with the federal government completely unable to take in enough tax money to sustain itself or defend the people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://furrygtw.forumotion.com
AuraTwilight



Posts : 41
Join date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:10 pm

Quote :
Declare Libertarianism a religion.

This is fucking retarded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolf-Bone

avatar

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2011-10-20
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:35 pm

Riv wrote:
Worst idea ever. Every corporation owner would declare himself a member of that religion, and as their property rapidly expands, the entire country would rapidly devolve into feudalism, with the federal government completely unable to take in enough tax money to sustain itself or defend the people.

There's no sound reason to assume that. I mean what's Scientology? Why aren't we all Scientologists yet? Don't get me wrong, I'm seriously worried about the kind of power they could wield, theoretically, but they don't, simply because not everyone buys what they're selling. Same thing with Libertarianism. And besides, it wouldn't be as simple as someone calling themselves a member of the faith and suddenly none of the rules apply to them. I compared it to the Native reservations for a reason, y'know. It'd mean removing yourself from mainstream society and all its benefits for the sake of living that way.

AuraTwilight wrote:
This is fucking retarded.

So are you, but who's keeping score?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AuraTwilight



Posts : 41
Join date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:45 pm

The thing is, your proposal doesn't match what it's actual consequences would be. Declaring libertarianism a religion (which wouldn't even happen since it's a political philosophy, not a belief system) wouldn't force practicing businesses to remove themselves from mainstream society. The whole idea just...erodes under itself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pliio

avatar

Humor : Satire
Posts : 282
Join date : 2011-10-18
Age : 24
Location : Missourah

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:53 pm

Or we could just... you know... let social change happen in a culture at a natural pace and not run the risk of making a second Africa.

Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolf-Bone

avatar

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2011-10-20
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:58 pm

AuraTwilight wrote:
The thing is, your proposal doesn't match what it's actual consequences would be. Declaring libertarianism a religion (which wouldn't even happen since it's a political philosophy, not a belief system) wouldn't force practicing businesses to remove themselves from mainstream society. The whole idea just...erodes under itself.

First off, there's an exceptionally blurry line between religions and political philosophies once you cut the crap, and our failure to acknowledge and deal with this is at the heart of many of our problems with both. Part of this is just me advocating for people to realize that. Second, no, it really wouldn't force practicing businesses to remove themselves entirely from mainstream society, but it would draw a much thicker line in the sand and declare that, while they're on our side of the line, they play by much different rules than those they would like to play by and, more importantly, force the rest of us to. I shouldn't even need to explain a lot of this. I draw parallels to Branch Davidians and Native American reservations for a reason, because, I'm convinced, only a very small minority would truly be willing or able to live by their own utopian (or dystopian depending on your views) Libertarian ideology. And if they can, hey, more power to them.

The rest of us are sick and fucking tired of having corporate policy and common law be one in the fucking same. That's not Libertarianism or Democracy, it's Fascism.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AuraTwilight



Posts : 41
Join date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:20 pm

Quote :

First off, there's an exceptionally blurry line between religions and political philosophies once you cut the crap, and our failure to acknowledge and deal with this is at the heart of many of our problems with both.

I don't know, I think any similarities are superficial at best. One's a belief system about the nature of the universe, and the other is a mindset of how to manage the human-made construct of society. They both draw crazy and irrational fanatics, but that's a symptom of a deeper problem of the human existence.

Quote :

The rest of us are sick and fucking tired of having corporate policy and common law be one in the fucking same. That's not Libertarianism or Democracy, it's Fascism.

And I'd agree with you. But offering them religious amnesty isn't going to fix anything. I mean, look at what the Christian Right is doing to the American government right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolf-Bone

avatar

Posts : 3290
Join date : 2011-10-20
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:03 pm

AuraTwilight wrote:
I don't know, I think any similarities are superficial at best. One's a belief system about the nature of the universe, and the other is a mindset of how to manage the human-made construct of society. They both draw crazy and irrational fanatics, but that's a symptom of a deeper problem of the human existence.

If you think the similarities are only superficial, I'd question how sternly you've gazed upon either. There are so many examples of how they are basically two sides of the same coin that I hardly know where to start in pointing them out. And I'm not alone in that view. And I don't think I'm going to bother arguing it with you further because you're probably too steadfast in your beliefs/nonbeleifs to even entertain the thought that this "deeper problem of human existence" is the source of both religion and politics in the first place and not just the fanatics who feed and rationalize their insanity with one or both.

AuraTwilight wrote:

And I'd agree with you. But offering them religious amnesty isn't going to fix anything. I mean, look at what the Christian Right is doing to the American government right now.

Again, it's not wholesale religious amnesty as much as 1) recognizing a thing for what it is and 2) pragmatic, strategic and possibly necessary partitioning of a civilization growing too big along the naturally budding tribal lines. And these people, along with that Christian Right you mentioned, do constitute separate tribes who want to live in a separate kind of world from the rest of us. Has it never occurred to you that they've sought and, to an alarming extent, obtained the kind of power they have within the American government because they want to live one way, and feel that they are forced to live another way by, essentially, us?

I wish to oppress no one, nor do I wish to be oppressed. I despise this society as much as they do, even if I disagree with them on many things. Because of that, were they to get what they want, I might be tempted to join them and basically remove my intellectual capacity, my technical skills, my creative energy, my raw labor power (which I imagine is probably a hell of a lot greater than that of the average member of this forum...) and, of course, my taxes off to one of these scattered colonies or refuges or what have you.

Yeah, that's a hell of a risk to take, to completely disown one's society and all its benefits in the name of another, much riskier venture, no one to save you if it doesn't work out, if you get sick or injured or captured and killed. What the hell could possibly be so wrong with this system that someone would want to do that? You'll be damned if you'll allow someone to so openly and brazenly flip your lil' kingdom the bird, right?

What I'm saying is we either need to find a way to give these types at least the more important things they want, or allow them safe passage to leave and start something new. And if there's one thing we as a society can't seem to tolerate, it's people being wrong, even though it's the only fucking thing anyone seems to be good at!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Hardcore drug addiction   

Back to top Go down
 
Hardcore drug addiction
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» My Quilting Addiction Explained
» Is Katy Perry's new boyfriend Gerard Butler
» V for Victory! Gerard Butler shows he is winning addiction battle as he mingles with fans in Beverly Hills
» Favorite Webcomics?
» Remembering Cory

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
General Time-Wasters :: Main Category :: General Discussion-
Jump to: