General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What Are You Listening To?

Go down 
+28
Llama
XoPachi
HAXX
Vega
Sam 007 NL
tallylol
Lunar
Kaiser
Ouiji
Monochrome Kanon
Zaraphayx
Butterflygoddess
Tank Abuse
Saliva
Maya
Jesusfish
Psycho
melomeltsinmilosmouth
Brace
8-bit
greg-the-fox
Daisy The Bunny
Lucy
Riv
Zoe
Lucan
Kaizy
MiloTime
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Zoe
I <3 Tentacles
Zoe

Humor : Consentacles

What Are You Listening To? - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening To?   What Are You Listening To? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 7:07 pm

Kaleidoscopes fucking everywhere! :O

Golden Mummy Golden Bird - HORSE the Band
Back to top Go down
Monochrome Kanon

Monochrome Kanon

Humor : Maybe

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening To?   What Are You Listening To? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 7:40 pm

Bloodshot_Eyes wrote:
Golden Mummy Golden Bird - HORSE the Band
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/monochromekanon/
Zaraphayx

Zaraphayx

Humor : I am not funny sorry :[

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening To?   What Are You Listening To? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 8:29 pm

Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening To?   What Are You Listening To? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 8:35 pm

Zaraphayx wrote:

That awkward moment when it's completely indistinguishable from any other dubstep I've ever heard.

Actually, though, it might be better. It's like the tiny modicums of talent in each song have somehow coalesced into a cohesive whole.

Of course, that's probably just an illusion caused by the fact that it was put together by a remix artist who understood the basic concepts of music-theory.
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
Lucan

Lucan

Humor : terrible

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening To?   What Are You Listening To? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 8:33 pm

I'm not sure how I feel about this song. I guess it works...
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening To?   What Are You Listening To? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 10:45 pm

Zaraphayx wrote:

Is it bad if I actually like this pokerface
It's like avant garde or something
Oh god I'm such a hipster Okay.jpg

Actually I have to admit if Skrillex wasn't popular I'd probably listen to his music Okay.jpg
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening To?   What Are You Listening To? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 1:15 am

I still cannot for the life of me, get into skrillex

Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening To?   What Are You Listening To? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 3:27 am

I actually like dubstep, and people won't stop making me feeling bad about it. I don't like all of it because some of it can be generic trash but why is all of it viewed so badly now? A few months ago it was just accepted more.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening To?   What Are You Listening To? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 3:39 am

Lucan wrote:
I actually like dubstep, and people won't stop making me feeling bad about it. I don't like all of it because some of it can be generic trash but why is all of it viewed so badly now? A few months ago it was just accepted more.

Because people hate stuff that's popular?

I wonder if people back in the day hated The Beatles as much as people hate Skrillex and Justin Bieber now
(absolutely NOTHING in common musically, I'm just talking popularity)

I mean Justin Bieber is a talentless lipsyncing faggot and Skrillex is actually a skilled producer (it's actually pretty damn hard) so they couldn't be more different, but people pretty much view them with the same contempt. Well people have no idea how hard making electronic music is, unless you're like fucking David Guetta or something and then you're just terrible and should go away.

What Are You Listening To? - Page 10 276067d1328692291-david-guettas-piano-420247_10150804315799128_133138979127_12563587_1553007793_n

On that note (pun intended) people are idiots and probably think that performing electronic music is the same as making it. But real music production is spending countless hours alone in a dark studio, hunched in front of a computer monitor and tweaking a single loop for 45 minutes straight trying to get it just right. But then people hear it and say "a computer made it, so this guy must suck and have no talent" and they think producers are the same as pop musicians who's only job is to spend an afternoon recording a track that they didn't even write, and then have dozens of the best mixing and mastering engineers in the industry put all their hard work into the production, while the "artists" "perform" their songs and rake in millions of dollars for hardly doing anything and get 100% of the credit. Yeah maybe Skrillex is only pushing buttons on stage but at least he 100% MADE his own tracks.

So yeah, what I'm trying to say is fuck Justin Bieber with a rusty pike.

Last edited by greg-the-fox on Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:50 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening To?   What Are You Listening To? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 3:44 am

it's the one genre of music I can't listen to, but don't hate. I want to like it, but it's as if my ears don't process the awesomeness I guess?
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening To?   What Are You Listening To? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 3:49 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
Lucan wrote:

I wonder if people back in the day hated The Beatles as much as people hate Skrillex and Justin Bieber now

I mean Justin Bieber is a talentless lipsyncing faggot and Skrillex is actually a skilled producer (it's actually pretty damn hard) so they couldn't be more different, but people pretty much view them with the same contempt. Well people have no idea how hard making electronic music is, unless you're like fucking David Guetta or something and then you're just terrible and should go away.

What Are You Listening To? - Page 10 276067d1328692291-david-guettas-piano-420247_10150804315799128_133138979127_12563587_1553007793_n

Well it's probably because most people are idiots and think that performing electronic music is the same as making it. But real music production is spending countless hours alone in a dark studio, hunched in front of a computer monitor and tweaking a single loop for 45 minutes straight trying to get it just right. But then people hear it and say "a computer made it, so this guy must suck and have no talent"

what's more hipster than being ironic?

accidentally being ironic... which is ironic.

I'm like, that one person who doesn't listen to the beatles, NOT because it's too popular for me, but because I just... don't like the beatles pokerface

do you know how foreign it is to people that I don't even really listen to rock? I utter this sentence to people, and it's as if I'm saying a combination of words that just does not exist.

"eh, I don't really like rock"

*guy whispers to crowd of friends*

"...I don't understand what you're saying. are those words? can they be said in a sentence?"
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening To?   What Are You Listening To? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 9:27 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
Lucan wrote:

On that note (pun intended) people are idiots and probably think that performing electronic music is the same as making it. But real music production is spending countless hours alone in a dark studio, hunched in front of a computer monitor and tweaking a single loop for 45 minutes straight trying to get it just right. But then people hear it and say "a computer made it, so this guy must suck and have no talent" and they think producers are the same as pop musicians who's only job is to spend an afternoon recording a track that they didn't even write, and then have dozens of the best mixing and mastering engineers in the industry put all their hard work into the production, while the "artists" "perform" their songs and rake in millions of dollars for hardly doing anything and get 100% of the credit. Yeah maybe Skrillex is only pushing buttons on stage but at least he 100% MADE his own tracks.

So yeah, what I'm trying to say is fuck Justin Bieber with a rusty pike.

It's not that they're talentless because their instrument is a computer; they're talentless because even after spending countless hours alone in a dark room, their music still sucks.

Not a single fuck wa

Now, the guys who worked on the Portal 2 OST, those guys were fucking brilliant. There's actual music theory in there.
Back to top Go down
Zaraphayx

Zaraphayx

Humor : I am not funny sorry :[

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening To?   What Are You Listening To? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 4:24 pm

Riv wrote:

It's not that they're talentless because their instrument is a computer; they're talentless because even after spending countless hours alone in a dark room, their music still sucks.

Not a single fuck wa

Now, the guys who worked on the Portal 2 OST, those guys were fucking brilliant. There's actual music theory in there.

This.

I like music that is well structured and actually sounds like some effort went into it, and most dubstep sounds like the musical equivalent of forming sentences from spamming the buttons on one of these:

What Are You Listening To? - Page 10 The-cow-says-12-2

It's also an entire genre built around a twisted mutation of the breakdown which is music's lamest compositional crutch.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening To?   What Are You Listening To? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 4:28 pm

Zaraphayx wrote:
This.

I like music that is well structured and actually sounds like some effort went into it, and most dubstep sounds like the musical equivalent of forming sentences from spamming the buttons on one of these:

What Are You Listening To? - Page 10 The-cow-says-12-2

It's also an entire genre built around a twisted mutation of the breakdown which is music's lamest compositional crutch.

All of my this.
Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening To?   What Are You Listening To? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 4:32 pm

It wasn't always.

Back to top Go down
Tank Abuse

Tank Abuse

Humor : Exposed.

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening To?   What Are You Listening To? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 7:17 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
http://gman313.deviantart.com/
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening To?   What Are You Listening To? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2012 7:21 pm

I just... love it.

Back to top Go down
Ouiji

Ouiji

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening To?   What Are You Listening To? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 2:42 am

MiloTime wrote:
I just... love it.

It sounds cool, but at the same time it makes me feel like something startling is about to happen.

And I'm listening to the Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows soundtrack at the moment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ouiji/
Zoe
I <3 Tentacles
Zoe

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening To?   What Are You Listening To? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 2:50 am

"Insurrection" - Lamb of God
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening To?   What Are You Listening To? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 2:51 am

Ouiji wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
I just... love it.

It sounds cool, but at the same time it makes me feel like something startling is about to happen.

the entire album just makes me hnnngh.

have a happier song
Back to top Go down
Ouiji

Ouiji

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening To?   What Are You Listening To? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 3:04 am

MiloTime wrote:
Ouiji wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
I just... love it.

have a happier song

You really like the mellow melodic type of music huh? This is nice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ouiji/
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening To?   What Are You Listening To? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 3:14 am

Ouiji wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
Ouiji wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
I just... love it.

have a happier song

You really like the mellow melodic type of music huh? This is nice.

that's what I generally go for, since I don't really listen to rock. that doesn't mean I don't like ecstatic stuff though lol.

mellow seems to be the keyword for my favorite kind of music.

Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening To?   What Are You Listening To? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 6:44 pm

Back to top Go down
Zoe
I <3 Tentacles
Zoe

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening To?   What Are You Listening To? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 7:12 pm

"DECIDE" - exist†trace
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening To?   What Are You Listening To? - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 11:54 pm

that hugely famous ad song on youtube lol

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Listening To?   What Are You Listening To? - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Are You Listening To?
Page 10 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next