General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE

Go down 
+23
Lunar
Wolf-Bone
Zoe
cynicalcirno
MiloTime
Tank Abuse
Maya
Daisy The Bunny
AthenaiS
Vega
Lucan
Aetius
Lucy
Kaizy
Zaraphayx
Percy
d.batty
blackfuredfox
Butterflygoddess
Ouiji
XoPachi
greg-the-fox
Riv
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Zoe
I <3 Tentacles
Zoe

Humor : Consentacles

General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE   General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 4:30 am

Lucy wrote:
<3 <3 <3
♥♥♥
Back to top Go down
Zaraphayx

Zaraphayx

Humor : I am not funny sorry :[

General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE - Page 35 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE   General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 4:33 am

Wolf-Bone wrote:

I don't know. You're probably right. Targeting assault rifles and other heavy duty guns is probably putting the cart before the horse. I believe that, obviously, fewer of those means a lot less potential violence, but I'd assume most gun violence is actually done with sidearms, hunting rifles, shotguns and the like. In a way it's kind of like the war on drugs with the moral panic about pot or bath salts (which indeed is some scary shit, but how many people actually touch that shit, especially knowing what they now know about it?) just distracting from the crack epidemic we still have and now crystal meth. And yet all that shit combined pales in comparison to prescription drug abuse. Yet we - and by "we" I mean people who aren't conspiracy cranks - know banning those would be not only ridiculous but ultimately detrimental to many of those same people we'd be doing it to protect.

But still, you look at a man like Alex Jones and have to ask, do I seriously want someone like this armed to the teeth? Do I not have a right not to live in perpetual fear of them and what they might do when they go over the edge even without weapons of that magnitude? Hopefully you see what I'm really getting at here, and that's that a lot of people's decision to arm themselves in the first place is the answer to that same question. Kill or be killed shouldn't be the mantra of any society that demands the kind of obedience, civility and productivity ours does. When it is, or even comes close, it means we're failing somewhere. So many of these people insist that we need to all basically become soldiers in some war against our own government, or in case said government collapses. I think they need to learn what a self-fulfilling prophecy is because that's what I see them trying to create, some of them maybe purposely.

Not being American, I don't know the particulars, but your media seems to portray it as if obtaining an automatic, rapid-fire, high capacity weapon is easier than getting married, getting a car, getting access to mental health services.... Or getting a job... I'm sorry, you're not going to convince me that isn't incredibly fucked up and backwards. At the very least, that part has to change.

Handguns made up the overwhelming majority of gun crime, and more violent crime was committed with fists and feet than rifles and shotguns combined.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-11

And I'm pretty much 100% with you when it comes to Alex Jones and those like him, having known a couple personally I think most of them jerk off to the idea of a Mad Max style lawless environment where they get to be Mr. Bigdick and don't have to answer to anyone.

Also all of the assault rifles that are commercially available for civilians are all semi-auto, it's illegal to own an automatic weapon without shittons of paper work. Everything else is typically handled on a state level and some states restrict the sales of guns to such a degree that you cannot own anything that isn't a hunting rifle or shotgun if that.

In Arizona where I live you can pretty much buy any federally legal gun on some mutation of craigslist with zero government involvement or registration though and that's what I imagine a lot of people think ALL of America is like by the way some people talk.

Last edited by Zaraphayx on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited for grammar inconsistencies because I'm bad at words.)
Back to top Go down
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE   General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 4:38 am

As long as I can fire a .357 at a paper target, I'll be happy.
Back to top Go down
Zoe
I <3 Tentacles
Zoe

Humor : Consentacles

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE   General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 4:53 am

Lucy wrote:
I like revolvers. They're just so openly mechanical. Like, you can see the parts working. megusta
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE   General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 4:57 am

Lucy wrote:

If video games have taught me anything, it's that pretty much any revolver might be more powerful than your average, clip-loaded handgun, but was really only ever the best by default when it was basically the only kind of handgun you could make. Or are there .357s that aren't revolvers?
Back to top Go down
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE   General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:06 am

With the barrel and hammer-size of your normal revolver, yeah, they're often more powerful. Usually because it's more sluggish.

A handgun that fires a really concentrated, fast bullet often leaves a thinner, cleaner wound. A more sluggish revolver shot hits with more inertia, causing bigger wounds and more power.

It's why if you ever got shot with an old musket, you'd get FUCKED up.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE   General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:08 am

I'm doing some vector art, gonna cellshade this
Spoiler:
Could've used a higher resolution image though Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
Percy

Percy

Humor : o3o

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE   General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:09 am

Wolf-Bone wrote:
Lucy wrote:

If video games have taught me anything, it's that pretty much any revolver might be more powerful than your average, clip-loaded handgun, but was really only ever the best by default when it was basically the only kind of handgun you could make. Or are there .357s that aren't revolvers?
Revolvers are less risky to use though. Clip-loaded handguns can jam/misfire, which can be dangerous, while with revolvers you can just pull the trigger again if a bullet misfires.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE   General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 8:05 am

The lights in my room flicker slightly when I play Crysis inglip (it's barely noticeable but it scares me) Also at every loading screen in Skyrim and other games.

My computer is not even super power hungry, it should only be using 300, maybe 400 watts under full load... there is something really fucking wrong with the wiring in my house... when you use a vacuum cleaner (1100 watts) the lights will dim dramatically when you turn it on, and not return to their full brightness until you turn it off.

So is this a big deal? pokerface
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

Humor : Decompression sickness

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE   General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 9:00 am

All I'm gonna say is:

11'000 people killed last year with guns in America, where everyone has guns.
35 people killed last year with guns in England, where nobody has guns.

But there's obviously no connection, and you'd be a fool and a communist to make one. On our news, the general tone they were covering the gun control debates with was "look at this strange, barbaric country that you should be glad you don't live in."

Yes, I agree that law abiding citizens with sound mental health should be allowed to own guns for self-defence, hunting, shooting targets for fun, etc, because you should be able to do what you want. Access to mental health services needs to be made easier, and no-one needs assault rifles.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

Humor : Sin

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE   General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 9:53 am

Daisy The Bunny wrote:
All I'm gonna say is:

11'000 people killed last year with guns in America, where everyone has guns.
35 people killed last year with guns in England, where nobody has guns.

But there's obviously no connection, and you'd be a fool and a communist to make one. On our news, the general tone they were covering the gun control debates with was "look at this strange, barbaric country that you should be glad you don't live in."

Yes, I agree that law abiding citizens with sound mental health should be allowed to own guns for self-defence, hunting, shooting targets for fun, etc, because you should be able to do what you want. Access to mental health services needs to be made easier, and no-one needs assault rifles.
As liberal and shit as I am, Im a pretty firm believer in the whole "guns dont kill people, people kill people" train of thought. People using the guns for violent malicious intent are what cause most of those deaths, and the fact that theyre so easily obtainable to people who should never be allowed to ever have them is more so the issue, not the guns themselves. There should be a much better screening process for who can and cant have guns, they should really be cracking down on policies throughout the country on safety laws, assault weapons should never be allowed in the hands of anyone that isnt a trained personnel in the military or the like (the fact that a common citizen can obtain those is fucking mind-boggling)...ect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

Humor : D is for lysdexia

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE   General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 10:03 am

There do need to be tighter laws and ill give you a story as to why. After I graduated high school (I mean literally right after the ceremony) I took my graduation money to go buy a rifle. I thought it would take some time. Within 15 minutes of picking out my rifle I walked out the door with it. They almost sold me 200+ rounds of high powered ammo. Now my rifle doesn't have a scope but if you've ever used or even held a Mosin/Nagant you know its got power and accuracy in the right hands. I could have easily scaled a clock tower that day and started picking people off like fish in a barrel if I wasn't A) smart enough to know that is an indicator im a looney, and B) NOT A FUCKING LOONEY. My point remains there though.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE   General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 10:15 am

blackfuredfox wrote:
There do need to be tighter laws and ill give you a story as to why. After I graduated high school (I mean literally right after the ceremony) I took my graduation money to go buy a rifle. I thought it would take some time. Within 15 minutes of picking out my rifle I walked out the door with it. They almost sold me 200+ rounds of high powered ammo. Now my rifle doesn't have a scope but if you've ever used or even held a Mosin/Nagant you know its got power and accuracy in the right hands. I could have easily scaled a clock tower that day and started picking people off like fish in a barrel if I wasn't A) smart enough to know that is an indicator im a looney, and B) NOT A FUCKING LOONEY. My point remains there though.
Im fully aware that I could probably walk right into town right now, order a couple of guns and have them in no time for whatever violent intentions I want. And the fact that a potentially schizophrenic 21 year old can just go out and buy any weapon of choice at the nearest Big 5 is unsettling and really says a lot about how well people can abuse the Second Amendment for any intent they please.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE   General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 10:25 am

I need sleep now
Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE   General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 11:36 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
The lights in my room flicker slightly when I play Crysis inglip (it's barely noticeable but it scares me) Also at every loading screen in Skyrim and other games.

My computer is not even super power hungry, it should only be using 300, maybe 400 watts under full load... there is something really fucking wrong with the wiring in my house... when you use a vacuum cleaner (1100 watts) the lights will dim dramatically when you turn it on, and not return to their full brightness until you turn it off.

So is this a big deal? pokerface

You should typically have a separate circuit breaker for your lights and outlets. Major appliances, like dishwashers, ovens, stoves, microwaves, and ridiculously OP gaming rigs, each need their own breaker for optimal performance and to prevent tripping your breaker.

TL;DR: Unhook your oven and plug your computer in there. trollface
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE   General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 11:55 am

Riv wrote:
You should typically have a separate circuit breaker for your lights and outlets. Major appliances, like dishwashers, ovens, stoves, microwaves, and ridiculously OP gaming rigs, each need their own breaker for optimal performance and to prevent tripping your breaker.

I did some googling and pretty much everyone has this problem, it's just the way houses are wired, they do use the same circuit for the outlets and the lights unless you're some rich asshole with a custom house that an architect actually designed. Not a single fuck wa The kind I'm living in is your standard cost effective cookie cutter suburban house that barely meets code and was built in the 80's... everything sucks about it. It's not heated evenly, the windows are terrible, the floorboards squeak...

Oh and the hilarious thing is that my bedroom is 10'x14' but it has FIVE outlets on the walls. FIVE. If I actually plugged stuff in to all of those and tried to use it it would probably flip the breaker. And I'd be willing to bet I probably share the same circuit with my brother's room too, good thing he's not into gaming.
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

Humor : Decompression sickness

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE   General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 12:02 pm

General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE - Page 35 Gunslukovich
Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE   General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 12:02 pm

greg-the-fox wrote:
Riv wrote:

I did some googling and pretty much everyone has this problem, it's just the way houses are wired, they do use the same circuit for the outlets and the lights unless you're some rich asshole with a custom house that an architect actually designed. Not a single fuck wa The kind I'm living in is your standard cost effective cookie cutter suburban house that barely meets code and was built in the 80's... everything sucks about it. It's not heated evenly, the windows are terrible, the floorboards squeak...

Oh and the hilarious thing is that my bedroom is 10'x14' but it has FIVE outlets on the walls. FIVE. If I actually plugged stuff in to all of those and tried to use it it would probably flip the breaker. And I'd be willing to bet I probably share the same circuit with my brother's room too, good thing he's not into gaming.

My room has six outlets, but it's built up to late 90s code, so the lights are on their own breaker. Of course, nothing in my room draws more power than my laptop, which is equivalent to a couple of lightbulbs for typical use.
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE   General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 12:05 pm

Riv wrote:
My room has six outlets, but it's built up to late 90s code, so the lights are on their own breaker. Of course, nothing in my room draws more power than my laptop, which is equivalent to a couple of lightbulbs for typical use.

Yeah exactly, I always just used a laptop so when I started using a gaming PC I was like OH GOD THE LIGHTS
Well they say that not only are light bulbs in particular very sensitive to changes in voltage, but the human eye is very sensitive to small changes in light, in some people more than others. So it's probably not a big issue but still annoying. Why they hell would they put them on the same circuit?
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE   General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 3:29 pm

Kaizy wrote:

As liberal and shit as I am

By the American definition of "Liberal", which is essentially center-right at best...

Kaizy wrote:
Im a pretty firm believer in the whole "guns dont kill people, people kill people" train of thought.

Just throwing this out there, but Personal Responsibility and Liberalism aren't mutually exclusive. Far from it.

Kaizy wrote:
There should be a much better screening process for who can and cant have guns, they should really be cracking down on policies throughout the country on safety laws, assault weapons should never be allowed in the hands of anyone that isnt a trained personnel in the military or the like (the fact that a common citizen can obtain those is fucking mind-boggling)...ect.

Okay, maybe.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE   General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 3:59 pm

I think you should have to have a gun license and it should be like a driver's license, you have to go through a screening process and then take a gun safety class before you can have a license. Then once you have the license you can buy as many guns as you like, you just have to take a test to renew your license every 10 years. (I also think you should have to take a test to renew your driver's license every 10 years, weed out some of the dangerous old fucks on the road) Just treat guns like cars, both of them can kill other people and/or the user and should be used responsibly and only after proper training.
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

Humor : D is for lysdexia

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE   General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 6:42 pm

I actually went to the gun shop a week back looking for a basic shotgun for home defense since if I miss with my rifle it will go through my wall into my neighbors place. I was looking for something simple like a 12 gauge coach gun because I rather not kill, I rather scare them out. The salesman told me a basic double barrel would cost me more than if I bought their Mossberg 500 combat variant with a folding stock. To me, that seemed a tad excessive. What's a real problem though are how leniant Gun Shows are. I could buy an Auto Ordinace Thompson there for less than a grand with a foregrip and 100 round drum for under $1,000 and walk out that day. Now that's something that needs heavier regulation than gun stores.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE   General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 7:14 pm

blackfuredfox wrote:
I actually went to the gun shop a week back looking for a basic shotgun for home defense since if I miss with my rifle it will go through my wall into my neighbors place. I was looking for something simple like a 12 gauge coach gun because I rather not kill, I rather scare them out. The salesman told me a basic double barrel would cost me more than if I bought their Mossberg 500 combat variant with a folding stock. To me, that seemed a tad excessive. What's a real problem though are how leniant Gun Shows are. I could buy an Auto Ordinace Thompson there for less than a grand with a foregrip and 100 round drum for under $1,000 and walk out that day. Now that's something that needs heavier regulation than gun stores.
I never knew about that, Ive never been to a gun show myself. The fact that those shows arent regulated in any way is also mind-boggling...

greg-the-fox wrote:
I think you should have to have a gun license and it should be like a driver's license, you have to go through a screening process and then take a gun safety class before you can have a license. Then once you have the license you can buy as many guns as you like, you just have to take a test to renew your license every 10 years. (I also think you should have to take a test to renew your driver's license every 10 years, weed out some of the dangerous old fucks on the road) Just treat guns like cars, both of them can kill other people and/or the user and should be used responsibly and only after proper training.
This sounds pretty good tbh
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE   General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 7:21 pm

I'm going to take a wild guess and say greg cropped his avi from some porn picture. possibly by that extremely popufur Miu
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE   General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE - Page 35 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 7:42 pm

MiloTime wrote:
I'm going to take a wild guess and say greg cropped his avi from some porn picture. possibly by that extremely popufur Miu

Lol yeah. It's from this comic that's SOO bad it's actually hilarious. But Miu's style is also adorable as fuck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE   General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE - Page 35 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Time Wasting Thread 34: Happy 2013 YOU SURVIVED THE APOCALYPSE
Page 35 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next