General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Resident Evil 6?

Go down 
+14
greg-the-fox
Lucy
Riv
Yuzani
Trey
8-bit
Pliio
Kaizy
kyle19
Wolf-Bone
blackfuredfox
Southpaw
Brace
MiloTime
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

Resident Evil 6? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:15 pm

blackfuredfox wrote:

I think the way their advertising is neat with this, but im with you on waiting. RE5 was pretty lackluster. I wish they'd go back to the setting of RE2 and RE3. The desolate city, almost no human contact, the knowledge that somewhere in this abandoned city, there is one creature specifically hunting you. Not like with Wesker where you're a little annoyance to him, but where you know some creature wants you, specifically you and no one but you dead. Following you, that's fear is the knowledge that you know it knows where you are, and all those little zombies and hordes mean nothing.

I seem to be the only person in the fucking universe who looks back fondly on RE 5 (I say that because everyone loved it when it first came out). Seriously, the two real disappointments for me were the linearity and lack of typewriters (I was really looking forward to seeing how sleek and detailed a vintage RE typewriter would look on PS3!). A few levels in a dark, stormy African village/jungle at night would've been pretty awesome too, and would've been far more memorable than those underground ruins which are neither believable or original. That whole section of the game kinda smelled of an attempt to recapture the mystique of the palace section from RE 4. But aside from those gripes, it's a fantastic looking, incredibly solid, well-designed game. Think of all the bugs, glitches, and things in a lot of other similarly popular games that are just broken, and RE 5 had virtually none of them.

As for a return to a game like the oldschool RE's, I feel you, but if they set it in Raccoon City, or any city, I want to actually play in the city. Or hell, even a smaller town, as long as a lot of it's accessible. No mansion, no police station, no main hub you keep returning to, no "city" that has a layout no functioning modern city could have. One of the reasons the Outbreak series was so close to being awesome was because they basically did give you an entire town to explore, complete with a hotel, sewers, police station, restaurant, zoo, bar, university, a forest and two hospitals, and then some Umbrella labs just for old-time's sake. They just didn't tie it all together very well (okay, they didn't tie them together at all).

Frankly there's a lot of games now that do certain things the old REs were trying to do way better, just not all in the same game, and it'd have to meet or beat those to justify it - that's just me thinking as a gamer, before those nagging questions like "could it compete with those games in sales" kick in...
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

Humor : Sin

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:52 pm

Its official

Though, Im torn
One one hand I saw ACTUAL FUCKING ZOMBIES IN RE AGAIN, I literally did some loud fangirling screams because I was so blown away that zombies appear to be back
On the other hand, I can clearly see that RE5 action crap throughout the trailer...one part I swear to christ looked like something pulled out of CoD only with infected

I cant get angry...yet I cant get excited

Weird pokerface
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

Humor : D is for lysdexia

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 8:29 pm

Kaizy wrote:

Its official

Though, Im torn
One one hand I saw ACTUAL FUCKING ZOMBIES IN RE AGAIN, I literally did some loud fangirling screams because I was so blown away that zombies appear to be back
On the other hand, I can clearly see that RE5 action crap throughout the trailer...one part I swear to christ looked like something pulled out of CoD only with infected

I cant get angry...yet I cant get excited

Weird pokerface
It looks promising, but at the same time, a let down. The hordes of zombies aren't scary after the first two since by then you know to conserve ammo for the horde. But then again, I saw multiple player characters and while there was action, it looked mostly confined to what looked like S.T.A.R.S. members fighting in areas wil civillians running back which makes me hold out hope that Leon will be behind the main action areas where the zombies have left. Another plus I heard though was something about regenerating, which also inspires hope there might be something like Nemisis walking around town and even if you blow its arms off it will only be a flesh wound, a distraction long enough for you to make a break for it. Now meeting said creature while low on ammo after a battle against a horde when its all quiet, and you hear its steps. Even just seeing it walk past you not noticing you will send a chill up your back, because then you fear it has a plan, and you know you'll walk into its plan. Now that would be an enemy to fight, one who is intelligent, and knows how to make you fear, without being overpowered and obvious.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 9:29 pm

I don't think knowing the zombies are coming and where they're coming from doesn't do you much good if you're surrounded and out of fucking ammo. Which looks like a very plausible and frequent situation in this kind of setup. Honestly it looks just like what I wanted to see. Something that looks and feels like Resident Evil, yet that just might be able to compete with Left 4 Dead. Good show, Capcom, now don't be fucking lying with this trailer.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 11:40 pm

Ha
I have some hopes for this game, but the day Capcom releases an RE installment thats both pleasing to the fanbase, and can compete with L4D's online play is so laughable and I guarantee it wont be that good
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 11:45 pm

eh, the action looks like fun action, rather than just aiming and shooting. like the way leon dove to the ground and turned back to shoot.

so if anything, I guess if they're going to keep the unbelievably fast paced action going, might as well do it right...
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 12:34 am

Kaizy wrote:
Ha
I have some hopes for this game, but the day Capcom releases an RE installment thats both pleasing to the fanbase, and can compete with L4D's online play is so laughable and I guarantee it wont be that good

Um, I don't think you quite get what I was getting at. I meant competing with L4D as a scary, frantic zombie apocalypse game, but one that doesn't depend so heavily on online multiplayer (or an Xbox/PC) to really be enjoyed to the fullest. Because, call me crazy, but there could be a demand for that...

MiloTime wrote:
eh, the action looks like fun action, rather than just aiming and shooting. like the way leon dove to the ground and turned back to shoot.

so if anything, I guess if they're going to keep the unbelievably fast paced action going, might as well do it right...

It's a nice touch. I hope they make third person optional though. I actually prefer third person far more than a lot of people but there's certain situations where first person really does work better, like that.
Back to top Go down
Pliio

Pliio

Humor : Satire

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:33 am

I'm not too mad about the action becoming a part of it.
Cause think about it. In RE1, 2, 3, etc, you're a survivor. You're trying to survive and escape.
Now, you're on the offense against terrorists, with more ammo, bigger guns, missiles, tanks, helicopters, more training against B.O.Ws in a world that everyone knows is about to get fucked over and has had zombies for nearly 20 years.
It just makes sense to me.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:45 am

Pliio wrote:
I'm not too mad about the action becoming a part of it.
Cause think about it. In RE1, 2, 3, etc, you're a survivor. You're trying to survive and escape.
Now, you're on the offense against terrorists, with more ammo, bigger guns, missiles, tanks, helicopters, more training against B.O.Ws in a world that everyone knows is about to get fucked over and has had zombies for nearly 20 years.
It just makes sense to me.

Not to mention, some of the criticisms with the earlier REs was the view that, even a rookie cop, escaped criminal, or member of what's basically a search and rescue squad should be a little more adept than the player characters were. By RE 3 and Outbreak they had tried to rectify that a bit, but speaking purely from ignorance, it's probably a lot easier said than done to design a game that has the older games' feel and atmosphere without sacrificing certain, much needed and welcome changes to the gameplay the newer ones brought.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:45 am

Wolf-Bone wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
Ha

Um, I don't think you quite get what I was getting at. I meant competing with L4D as a scary, frantic zombie apocalypse game, but one that doesn't depend so heavily on online multiplayer (or an Xbox/PC) to really be enjoyed to the fullest. Because, call me crazy, but there could be a demand for that...
Oh I thought you were saying this game had a chance to compete in L4D's genre Not a single fuck wa

RE has made the first trip into online play with RE5
It can only get more ridiculous from here
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 2:03 am

Kaizy wrote:
Oh I thought you were saying this game had a chance to compete in L4D's genre Not a single fuck wa

I sorta was, insofar as "zombie games" are a genre, and L4D was a zombie game
was
wait why did I say that
like Valve just imposed a patch that replaced the zombies with goffers
and took away your guns and replaced them with wifflebats

Kaizy wrote:

RE has made the first trip into online play with RE5
It can only get more ridiculous from here

well technically Outbreak was the first there
it was great for all 12 people who had all the necessary peripherals but not FF11
i mean, great by default, being the only fucking contestant
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 2:08 am

True

From what I know RE5's multiplayer was awful and boring...just like the game itself lol
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 2:39 am

Kaizy wrote:
True

From what I know RE5's multiplayer was awful and boring...just like the game itself lol

it's good provided both players know exactly what to do and when to do it
otherwise it's just a gimmick, really
i think this insistence on forcing multiplayer/online play into games that don't really need them is lame
yes, games are often what one does in the basement, in the dark, alone
a person's no more a loser for doing that than watching tv the same way
Back to top Go down
8-bit

8-bit

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 2:51 am

kyle19 wrote:
Inb4 8bits rave on RE.

I'm looking forward to this game, as long as they keep it as it is in the trailer and not mess with it too much.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:34 am

8-bit wrote:
kyle19 wrote:
Inb4 8bits rave on RE.

I'm looking forward to this game, as long as they keep it as it is in the trailer and not mess with it too much.
If I see one plagas, Im quitting RE
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:45 am

RE outbreak was my single favorite online game.... I said it
Back to top Go down
Pliio

Pliio

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:46 am

MiloTime wrote:
Basically this.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:55 am

Pliio wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
Basically this.

once you think about it, outbreak was such a fucking rare gem in an online game that doesn't actually put you in the middle of a battlefield with an AK[whatever] with 20 rounds of ammo. you genuinely had to survive with your friends.

I mean fuck, you had a virus growing in you that you had to keep from manifesting and turning you into a zombie that tries to kill your own friends... how awesome is that?
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 6:10 am

MiloTime wrote:
Pliio wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
Basically this.

once you think about it, outbreak was such a fucking rare gem in an online game that doesn't actually put you in the middle of a battlefield with an AK[whatever] with 20 rounds of ammo. you genuinely had to survive with your friends.

I mean fuck, you had a virus growing in you that you had to keep from manifesting and turning you into a zombie that tries to kill your own friends... how awesome is that?
See, why cant they do something like this?
That would sell, that would make gameplay 3x better
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 6:16 am

Kaizy wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
Pliio wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
Basically this.

See, why cant they do something like this?
That would sell, that would make gameplay 3x better

I say just give it a shot... see what happens. what could be the harm in making a 4 player co op slower paced survival horror game.

I think another thing about outbreak that I loved was that you weren't chained to your partners. you could go off into other rooms and do your own thing. so like, while one person is solving a puzzle, the other could be looking for items.

shit was amazing
Back to top Go down
8-bit

8-bit

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:20 am

MiloTime wrote:

I say just give it a shot... see what happens.

That pretty much what made Squaresoft go bankrupt. They have to make sure that their games make money, not cater to every bitch fan.

IIRC, Outbreak didn't sell all too well

No that I'm saying they shouldn't make quality games, but you have remember this: Every single RE games is a massive gamble. They could lose so much money any time Capcom puts out a game. They need to make sure EVERYONE will want to play their new game, not just die-hard fans.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 3:19 pm

8-bit wrote:
MiloTime wrote:

That pretty much what made Squaresoft go bankrupt. They have to make sure that their games make money, not cater to every bitch fan.

No that I'm saying they shouldn't make quality games, but you have remember this: Every single RE games is a massive gamble. They could lose so much money any time Capcom puts out a game. They need to make sure EVERYONE will want to play their new game, not just die-hard fans.

that's why you release an indie title. god forbid a fan of a game goes satisfied. metal gear solid now officially sucks, devil may cry looks like it'll suck, RE is trying too hard, FF fucking died with FFXIII.

it's as if developers are saying "what do our fans want?" and doing the complete opposite. no no, not just that. it's as if being a fan of a game is now pointless. what's the point of being a fan of something, if they're just going to keep changing every single aspect about what you loved in the first place?

I won't argue that RE6 looks good so far though. I mean I've come to terms with the fact that they're not going to go back to its roots. so they might as well do what they're doing right
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 7:08 pm

8-bit wrote:
MiloTime wrote:

The way I see it, theyre producing so many goddamn spinoffs of the RE franchise that I dont see why a spinoff that actually caters to said fans wouldnt be a good idea
Produce little side projects, see how they do, and if they succeed well enough, start making installments of them

If Capcom can shit out an RE Mercenaries spinoff and that god awful looking Operation Raccoon City, why the hell cant they produce a beefed up version of Outbreak too?
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 7:18 pm

1) the first outbreak game sold well, the second one, um, less than stellar. me personally, i just think it was a case of being too far ahead of its time. if they'd tried it now, where harddrive and internet come standard, the biggest barrier to that series' success would be a non-issue. but it is a shame they don't re-release it with this in mind. if Konami cynically re-release Silent Hills, okay this is much less dishonorable. but maybe to pay guys for run servers and stuff, risk-reward ration or something.

2) they actually did release "oldschool survival horror of glorious nostalgia Evil". I forget what this was called but it was essentially a port of RE 1 on Nintendo DS. Impressive in a way, but I don't think people wanted to play yet another version of RE 1.

3) what needs to happen is not Capcom making indy games since that would kinda be an oxymoron, but where things are cheaper now with old models, you know, an indie developer could score a niche hit with "spiritual successor" to the old games. "Zombies In A Muthafuckin' Housing Project: Night Of Ghetto Booty" since "Zombiez" was already done and it was terrible.

4) please don't go look that up :-(
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 7:26 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
1) the first outbreak game sold well, the second one, um, less than stellar. me personally, i just think it was a case of being too far ahead of its time. if they'd tried it now, where harddrive and internet come standard, the biggest barrier to that series' success would be a non-issue. but it is a shame they don't re-release it with this in mind. if Konami cynically re-release Silent Hills, okay this is much less dishonorable. but maybe to pay guys for run servers and stuff, risk-reward ration or something.

2) they actually did release "oldschool survival horror of glorious nostalgia Evil". I forget what this was called but it was essentially a port of RE 1 on Nintendo DS. Impressive in a way, but I don't think people wanted to play yet another version of RE 1.

3) what needs to happen is not Capcom making indy games since that would kinda be an oxymoron, but where things are cheaper now with old models, you know, an indie developer could score a niche hit with "spiritual successor" to the old games. "Zombies In A Muthafuckin' Housing Project: Night Of Ghetto Booty" since "Zombiez" was already done and it was terrible.

4) please don't go look that up :-(

fuck it. I say make RE: outbreak File #3

just... make it happen. MAKE. IT. HAPPEN.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 6?
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next