General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Games that didn't live up to negative hype

Go down 
+5
blackfuredfox
Lucy
Wolf-Bone
Riv
Daisy The Bunny
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

Humor : Decompression sickness

Games that didn't live up to negative hype Empty
PostSubject: Games that didn't live up to negative hype   Games that didn't live up to negative hype Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 3:20 pm

As you've probably heard, Rockstar have officially announced GTA V via rockstargames.com

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Games that didn't live up to negative hype   Games that didn't live up to negative hype Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 4:19 pm

Thlayli wrote:
As you've probably heard, Rockstar have officially announced GTA V via rockstargames.com

Thoughts?

Having played Vice City, San Andreas, and around a half hour of IV, unless they intend to add something really new and exciting, I'm not too hyped. Seems like the only things that steadily improve in that series are graphics and vehicle physics, and those were fine in Vice City, IMHO.
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Games that didn't live up to negative hype   Games that didn't live up to negative hype Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2011 10:42 pm

I have to admit
I slightly regret not getting 4 yet
it's just
I'm not sure it'd be as fun to actually play as watch
when I'm high as a fucking kite and read deep philosophics into things
about radios and getting the elderly put down
wtf was that all about?
Back to top Go down
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

PostSubject: Re: Games that didn't live up to negative hype   Games that didn't live up to negative hype Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 1:18 am

Said it on my GTA RP forum, I'll say it here.
Looks more like a logo than an announcement to me. :U
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

Humor : D is for lysdexia

PostSubject: Re: Games that didn't live up to negative hype   Games that didn't live up to negative hype Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 1:25 am

May or may not get it when it comes out, seems though like its starting to run out of steam though, I mean I loved SA and VC, IV was okay because the story was decent, not good, but decent. And with how games keep getting shorter now days, I think GTA will focus more on graphics and on the multiplayer than on the story, and without that, fuck it then.
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

PostSubject: Re: Games that didn't live up to negative hype   Games that didn't live up to negative hype Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 8:24 am

New trailer is up. What do you all think of it?
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

PostSubject: Re: Games that didn't live up to negative hype   Games that didn't live up to negative hype Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 11:47 am

Thlayli wrote:
Was...was that...Tommy Vercetti?
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

PostSubject: Re: Games that didn't live up to negative hype   Games that didn't live up to negative hype Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 7:52 pm

blackfuredfox wrote:
Thlayli wrote:

sooo much speculation about that.

50% of me says no, because rockstar doesn't have a habit of bringing in old characters.

50% of me says yes, because I think this might be the one game where they might bring in a lot of references to previous games.

the most GTA ever did with this kind of thing, was one scene of one game, where you saw claude for like, 20 seconds :U other than that, all they did was make subtle references to characters in the older games. this one might be different :>
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

PostSubject: Re: Games that didn't live up to negative hype   Games that didn't live up to negative hype Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 1:14 am

MiloTime wrote:
blackfuredfox wrote:
Thlayli wrote:

50% of me says no, because rockstar doesn't have a habit of bringing in old characters.

50% of me says yes, because I think this might be the one game where they might bring in a lot of references to previous games.

the most GTA ever did with this kind of thing, was one scene of one game, where you saw claude for like, 20 seconds :U other than that, all they did was make subtle references to characters in the older games. this one might be different :>
Not true, Catalina, the main antagonist in III was in SA, same with Ken Rosenberg from Vice City and Salvatore Leone in III, LC Stories, and SA. If thats Tommy though, it makes sense, listen to the dialouge from the trailer, he wants to retire from a business and be the good guy for once. Has children, sounds like a changed man looking for redemption, but also that he is having trouble finding it. I wonder who the main character will be.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Games that didn't live up to negative hype   Games that didn't live up to negative hype Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 1:25 am

blackfuredfox wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
blackfuredfox wrote:
Thlayli wrote:

Not true, Catalina, the main antagonist in III was in SA, same with Ken Rosenberg from Vice City and Salvatore Leone in III, LC Stories, and SA. If thats Tommy though, it makes sense, listen to the dialouge from the trailer, he wants to retire from a business and be the good guy for once. Has children, sounds like a changed man looking for redemption, but also that he is having trouble finding it. I wonder who the main character will be.

no offense, but isn't that the EXACT same scenario with Niko?

"I've killed people, I've smuggled people, I've sold people. perhaps here, things will change"
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

PostSubject: Re: Games that didn't live up to negative hype   Games that didn't live up to negative hype Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 1:41 am

MiloTime wrote:
blackfuredfox wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
blackfuredfox wrote:
Thlayli wrote:

no offense, but isn't that the EXACT same scenario with Niko?

"I've killed people, I've smuggled people, I've sold people. perhaps here, things will change"
Difference is with Tony, he had the chance to not go there at all. Could have stayed at the printworks, then again this is just a shot in the dark and V will be far less depressing, I mean Liberty City was just cold with how it looked.
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

PostSubject: Re: Games that didn't live up to negative hype   Games that didn't live up to negative hype Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 2:40 am

Yes.
Games that didn't live up to negative hype My-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-rated-b-for-brony
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Games that didn't live up to negative hype   Games that didn't live up to negative hype Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 2:43 am

blackfuredfox wrote:
Yes.
Games that didn't live up to negative hype My-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-rated-b-for-brony
Fluttershy is by far the best part of that picture
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

PostSubject: Re: Games that didn't live up to negative hype   Games that didn't live up to negative hype Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 2:51 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
blackfuredfox wrote:
Yes.
Fluttershy is by far the best part of that picture
I must disagree, Rainbow Dash as Tommy Vercetti takes the cake for me.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Games that didn't live up to negative hype   Games that didn't live up to negative hype Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 3:02 am

so yea, MLP aside, I can imagine why tommy vercetti is a favorite among the protagonists, but at the same time, he IS loosely based off of an already created persona in a movie.

honestly, I want to see what the fuck happens with claude.
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

PostSubject: Re: Games that didn't live up to negative hype   Games that didn't live up to negative hype Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 3:12 am

MiloTime wrote:
so yea, MLP aside, I can imagine why tommy vercetti is a favorite among the protagonists, but at the same time, he IS loosely based off of an already created persona in a movie.

honestly, I want to see what the fuck happens with claude.
Very loosely if you are refering to Tony Montana, yes the game itself (Vice City) was going off on the cocaine fueled years of Miami much akin to scar face, but the characters of Tony and Tommy have different personalities and outcomes. A major one being, Tommy is straight, he doesnt do coke, especially not his own. He was also set up from the begining, before the start of VC even. While Claude's story is probably an intresting one, III didnt give us an ending to what he may have become.
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

PostSubject: Re: Games that didn't live up to negative hype   Games that didn't live up to negative hype Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 3:18 pm

There's a new GTA V trailer out. Grand Theft Auto has been my favourite series for a long time now, and I'm stoked.
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: Games that didn't live up to negative hype   Games that didn't live up to negative hype Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 6:03 pm

GTA V is going to be the best game ever made, and I'm going to cum massive buckets when I get it.
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

PostSubject: Re: Games that didn't live up to negative hype   Games that didn't live up to negative hype Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 6:21 pm

Lucy wrote:
GTA V is going to be the best game ever made, and I'm going to cum massive buckets when I get it.
It's going to be shit actually.
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: Games that didn't live up to negative hype   Games that didn't live up to negative hype Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 6:22 pm

Caribou wrote:
Lucy wrote:
NO FUCK YOU

In my experience, Rockstar can do no wrong.

Even their shitty games are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Tank Abuse

Tank Abuse

Humor : Exposed.

PostSubject: Re: Games that didn't live up to negative hype   Games that didn't live up to negative hype Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 6:35 pm

Caribou wrote:
Lucy wrote:

^^^^^^
Back to top Go down
http://gman313.deviantart.com/
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

PostSubject: Re: Games that didn't live up to negative hype   Games that didn't live up to negative hype Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 6:37 pm

Lucy wrote:
Caribou wrote:
Lucy wrote:
NO FUCK YOU

It's only gonna be shit because you think it's gonna be awesome
Back to top Go down
Tank Abuse

Tank Abuse

Humor : Exposed.

PostSubject: Re: Games that didn't live up to negative hype   Games that didn't live up to negative hype Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 6:42 pm

Caribou wrote:
Lucy wrote:
Caribou wrote:
Lucy wrote:
NO FUCK YOU

It's only gonna be shit because you think it's gonna be awesome

Finally someone who gets it.
Back to top Go down
http://gman313.deviantart.com/
Monochrome Kanon

Monochrome Kanon

Humor : Maybe

PostSubject: Re: Games that didn't live up to negative hype   Games that didn't live up to negative hype Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 6:46 pm

I don't remember the last time I said an upcoming game was gonna be shit and turned out awesome. Maybe sometimes they came out passable, though. Like Downpour.
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/monochromekanon/
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Games that didn't live up to negative hype   Games that didn't live up to negative hype Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 7:31 pm

Downpour was so close and yet so far. I'm sorry but some of those glitches were just inexcusable. I don't get why Konami farms Silent Hill out to a new studio every time - probably just because it's cheaper to them. So what, are they gonna do that with Metal Gear Solid as well?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Games that didn't live up to negative hype   Games that didn't live up to negative hype Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Games that didn't live up to negative hype
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next