General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This is not a Skyrim thread.

Go down 
+15
Bitchy_Whiny_Douche_Fox
Daisy The Bunny
Riv
HAXX
MiloTime
8-bit
Brace
Lunar
Darkwing
Spawts
Wolf-Bone
greg-the-fox
blackfuredfox
Kaizy
Dragon Named Red
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

This is not a Skyrim thread. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: This is not a Skyrim thread.   This is not a Skyrim thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 2:22 am

I've been waiting for someone to build the entire world of Skyrim in Minecraft.
Because you just KNOW someone's working on it in secret right now.
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

Humor : D is for lysdexia

PostSubject: Re: This is not a Skyrim thread.   This is not a Skyrim thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 8:48 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
I was talking to a guy yesterday in german who said he found a save of not just skyrim, but Cyrodil and Morrowind. I asked about the other provinces, but nothing about them.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

PostSubject: Re: This is not a Skyrim thread.   This is not a Skyrim thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 9:18 am

blackfuredfox wrote:
greg-the-fox wrote:
I was talking to a guy yesterday in german who said he found a save of not just skyrim, but Cyrodil and Morrowind. I asked about the other provinces, but nothing about them.

He just... found it?

The internet's amazing.
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

PostSubject: Re: This is not a Skyrim thread.   This is not a Skyrim thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 9:31 am

Riv wrote:
blackfuredfox wrote:
greg-the-fox wrote:

He just... found it?

The internet's amazing.
Ill ask him where monday. I would have asked him then, but I didn't have Minecraf access so I didn't bother, we were more fixated on bethesda making Morrowind and Cyrodil DLC.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: This is not a Skyrim thread.   This is not a Skyrim thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 9:34 pm

DLC for this game would just be... WTF I don't even. The level cap is 81, and there are a retarded amount of quests and other content. FFS, the skill books are actual books you can read! I will probably be playing this game still a year from now and not have done everything.

I never played any of the other Elder Scrolls games, but I remember the DLC for Oblivion causing a minor shitstorm because it included armor for your horse, which was basically fucking pointless. Something as asinine as that is about all I could imagine being added to Skyrim with how big and complete a game it is.

I bought one of the DLCs for Fallout 3, and might get the Ultimate edition of New Vegas if I got the money and the price seems reasonable wherever I see it, because I played both those and thought at certain points "I wish there was also this or that" and the add-ons more or less cover those.

The only thing I ever want in Skyrim that isn't already in the base game is guns, missiles, grenades, bombs, ghouls, mutants, Nuka-Cola. Yeah, if they release content that essentially turns Skyrim into a Fallout game with Skyrim's graphics and leveling system, shit, consider it a done deal!

Hell, why not forgo the DLC and just package it as an entirely new game for full price! That's never been done before! It'd be brilliant!
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: This is not a Skyrim thread.   This is not a Skyrim thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2012 9:44 pm

Is it just me or does the assasin's blade perk not work 90% of the time? Seriously? (sneak attacks with daggers do 15x damage)
The guy ALWAYS turns around and sees me at the last second, and I just do a regular blow, which is weird because my Nightengale boots are supposed to muffle my footsteps completely. Does it not work if you do a power attack? The backstab perk (6x damage with one handed) works 100% of the time, even with power attacks so I just rely on that instead because it does quite a lot of damage with the right weapon. (I'm probably an idiot and doing something wrong, and I have pulled it off a few times I think)
Back to top Go down
Brace

Brace

Humor : Lying through truthtelling

PostSubject: Re: This is not a Skyrim thread.   This is not a Skyrim thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 10:57 am

78 hours in the game now. I finally found falkreath Not a single fuck wa

Also, I picked a side (imperials) and so now I have all of that to do. A few extra misc quests related to this entirely new town I found, and also apparently another Daedric Prince quest

inglip
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: This is not a Skyrim thread.   This is not a Skyrim thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 4:52 pm

I just the other day stumbled into some Daedric quests and the resulting artifacts. Mind of Madness is an... interesting quest. And I'll probably join the Stormcloaks but I like that the Legion don't seem as blatantly, bloodthirstily evil as Caesar's Legion. I mean, not what I've seen of them so far. I fully expect one or both sides to reveal themselves to be fundamentally evil though.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

PostSubject: Re: This is not a Skyrim thread.   This is not a Skyrim thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 5:04 pm

I kept hoping that I could teleport to daedric worlds like in oblivion... but I take it, that's not possible Okay.jpg
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: This is not a Skyrim thread.   This is not a Skyrim thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 6:18 pm

MiloTime wrote:
I kept hoping that I could teleport to daedric worlds like in oblivion... but I take it, that's not possible Okay.jpg

I teleported to another realm in one quest, involving a Daedra. Having never played Oblivion though I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing. It happened automatically when reaching a certain point/area in the quest.
Back to top Go down
Brace

Brace

PostSubject: Re: This is not a Skyrim thread.   This is not a Skyrim thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 7:34 pm

Yeah, there are a number of Daedric Prince quests that involve you teleporting to places. And as far as I can tell, the Stormcloaks are the ones who are evil (albeit not "essentially" evil), just by merit of Ulfric's motives being inauthentic and harmful to the land he's supposedly fighting for (and all the racism doesn't help either). Basically, the decision to side with Stormcloaks or Imperials comes down to whether you think it's worse to kill for culture or for order. I think it's worse to kill for culture, so I went with the Imperials
Back to top Go down
Bitchy_Whiny_Douche_Fox

Bitchy_Whiny_Douche_Fox

Humor : I've got balls of cotton.

PostSubject: Re: This is not a Skyrim thread.   This is not a Skyrim thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 2:43 pm

Alright, I'm gonna nerd out here for a minute :V

Well, I made a recent discovery in Skyrim.

First off, I took both perk paths in the smithing skill, I wanted to be good with both types of armor (I prefer dragonscale over deadric) and I also wanted to be able to enhance deadric weapons, them being the most powerful.

HOWEVER... I've noticed if you enhance a glass sword it does more damage than an ebony sword, at my current 1 hand skill a legendary deadric sword does 79 damage, a glass sword of the same quality does 76. I'm not certain about ebony, but I know at my skill level a legendary ebony sword would do between 69 and 72 damage.

Which brings me to my point, you remember mercer fry's house? There's quite a treasure in his basement. Returning from Oblivion; it's Chillrend! (The frost enchanted, blue glass sword)

Obviously it's no longer a short sword, it's just a sword, since there are no short swords in Skyrim.

(at my current skill level) 76 damage, 20 points of frost damage (to health and stamina), chance to paralyze target.

I think it's probably the best weapon in the game.

Unfortunately, due to the paralyze effect, Chillrend consumes souls/charge very rapidly, so carry lots of soul gems!
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

PostSubject: Re: This is not a Skyrim thread.   This is not a Skyrim thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 3:04 pm

foxy_boy wrote:
Alright, I'm gonna nerd out here for a minute :V

Well, I made a recent discovery in Skyrim.

First off, I took both perk paths in the smithing skill, I wanted to be good with both types of armor (I prefer dragonscale over deadric) and I also wanted to be able to enhance deadric weapons, them being the most powerful.

HOWEVER... I've noticed if you enhance a glass sword it does more damage than an ebony sword, at my current 1 hand skill a legendary deadric sword does 79 damage, a glass sword of the same quality does 76. I'm not certain about ebony, but I know at my skill level a legendary ebony sword would do between 69 and 72 damage.

Which brings me to my point, you remember mercer fry's house? There's quite a treasure in his basement. Returning from Oblivion; it's Chillrend!

Obviously it's no longer a short sword, it's just a sword, since there are no short swords in Skyrim.

(at my current skill level) 76 damage, 20 points of frost damage (to health and stamina), chance to paralyze target.

I think it's probably the best weapon in the game.

Unfortunately, due to the paralyze effect, Chillrend consumes souls/charge very rapidly, so carry lots of soul gems!
I love Chillrend. It brings back so many memories. I love just collecting and displaying all the special weapons. I found one awhile back in a hidden grotto infront of a shire to Talos. It was some sort of oath blade left by a long dead Blade from the note I found with it. I especially love finding all the old gear that carried over from oblivion. That reminds me, I want to find Spellbreaker again. One thing regarding old gear though, I hope when they go back to Cyrodil that it can use your oblivion save files and make a quest line where you can recover some of your old stuff. Id love to get back my enchanted Steel Cutlass that had a 40 point fire damage for 1 second. It swallowed soul gems like crazy but it could one shot almost anything I encountered. That combo'd with my old Dark Brotherhood robes and high sneak skill I actually could one shot anything I snuck up on.
Back to top Go down
Bitchy_Whiny_Douche_Fox

Bitchy_Whiny_Douche_Fox

PostSubject: Re: This is not a Skyrim thread.   This is not a Skyrim thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 3:41 pm

I had heard a rumor one of the upcoming DLC's would take place in Cirodiil (or w/e), my friend Chad (remember, he asked to be shot? xD) told me there's a location on the edge of Skyrim somewhere (I don't remember where he said it was) where you can actually walk into Cirodiil, but it's totally blank, no plants, no buildings, no NPCs.

Anyways, I'm doing the "Hitting the books" quest, and I'd like to rant now :V

Though I really should be posting this on the Bethesda forums.

Well, I'm on my second (really third) character, Lv 41 (Skirmisher), my 1st is 46 (Barbarian/Assassin hybrid) or 47... Maybe 48... Anyways, have you ever made a mage character?

Magic fucking sucks for a number of reasons:

1. Spell damage doesn't go up with your level like melee weapons and bows.

2. Because of this, killing even very weak enemies with higher level spells takes A VERY LONG TIME.

3. Many mage users prefer robes to armor, when tougher enemies close in on you, you're lack of defense and health makes you very easy to kill. (This is the main reason I'll never complain about mage enemies, I find them really fucking easy to deal with, even the masters.)

4. A mage that chooses to use armor (either type) still falls short in combat, often dying because of reasons 1 & 2.

Bottom line: Dovakiin CANNOT rely on magic.

My true second character was a mage, at lv 18 I gave up him, magic is terrible.
Back to top Go down
Bitchy_Whiny_Douche_Fox

Bitchy_Whiny_Douche_Fox

PostSubject: Re: This is not a Skyrim thread.   This is not a Skyrim thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 4:18 pm

Just one last thing, I've known this for quite some time too, but some of you may not know this...

Helpful hint: If you shoot a humanoid enemy (with the exception of giants) in the head, regardless of how tough they are, regardless of if you are sneaking or standing, it will kill them instantly.

However there is an exception, sometimes heavy armor helmets will prevent the insta-kill, but bring the target to near-death.
Back to top Go down
Bitchy_Whiny_Douche_Fox

Bitchy_Whiny_Douche_Fox

PostSubject: Re: This is not a Skyrim thread.   This is not a Skyrim thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 8:30 pm

Sorry Brace, but I just read you post now, the Imperials really?

Oblivion was the time for the Imperials, how would you feel if some other "country" came in and told you what you could and couldn't do?

In reality I'd never let that happen, I'd fight and die for what I believe in, I'm a Stormcloak through and through.

Although so far the outcome of what happens with the Altmeri dominion is unclear, I stand with the Stormcloaks because if it were reality I'd agree with their cause.

Nobody should lord over me, and treat me as an inferior servant.

I also realize this touches real-world topics between what happened between the whites and blacks, I never thought it was right, and if I had been born in an earlier time I would still disagree with what was happening.

Nobody is inferior, nobody should have to live a life dictated by others.

Yes the Stormcloaks have a bitter resentment towards elvenkind, but they have a good reason for it, in this scenario, Nords are the "blacks" and the High Elves are the "whites".

Yes, you will meet some Nord characters who are very racist, they aren't soldiers, and as far as I'm concerned, whether it be real or fantasy, if you want war, you better get the fuck in it.

I mean like... Really? Brace your a tranny right? (excuse my terminology) The way I see it, in Skyrim, the Imperials have become Nazis, they only support their own agendas.

With that example, saying that Imperials truly are Nazis, they don't support you.

If you were to make the same decision in a real-world scenario, well, you'd be fucking yourself xD

Me on the other hand, I'd be sticking up for you.
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

PostSubject: Re: This is not a Skyrim thread.   This is not a Skyrim thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 9:54 pm

It really depends on your outlook. I went Stormcloack for the first shot because they weren't going to kill me immediately and I didn't get a chance to really explore before joining up. I realize now how big of a mistake I had made. If you look at it though the Stormcloaks are the Nazis, especially when you compare the event preceding. The Great War left many upset with their government allowing a nationalist to take control by inspiring a select group and then overthrowing the current leader. Not to mention he forced the Dark Elves into a ghetto, the Argonians into essentially a shelter allowing shitty business practice against them, and the Khajiit traders he forsakes to the bandits. The Empire on the other hand is trying to restore order and keep the region stable and fair for all races. Not to mention the Empire united was able to stop the Aldemeri Dominion even though it was also stopped. The truce was formed so the wouldn't completely annihilate each other or allow one side to gain an upper hand. The ban on Talos pretty much a cave just as the Dominion probably had so a peace could be established. Now with the Empire divided and Skyrims strength depleted and with no assistance from anyone else the Dominion could easily run down both the Empire and Skyrim wiping out almost all the other races only leaving them for slave labor.
Back to top Go down
Brace

Brace

PostSubject: Re: This is not a Skyrim thread.   This is not a Skyrim thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 10:34 pm

foxy_boy wrote:
Oblivion was the time for the Imperials, how would you feel if some other "country" came in and told you what you could and couldn't do?

This is like the US going into Iraq or Afghanistan, with the Imperials being the US. IE, the US is largely playing a political power game and killing people in the process, and fringe Iraqi and Afghani groups are fighting back to preserve their culture. What is their culture? Would the world be better if that culture was enforced on the world, or if the US had an amoral iron grip on the world based on American Exceptionalism? Remember, you're choosing between two different evils here, but one of them seems far worse.

foxy_boy wrote:
Although so far the outcome of what happens with the Altmeri dominion is unclear, I stand with the Stormcloaks because if it were reality I'd agree with their cause.

Everyone hates the Altmeri dominion. Only the Imperials have the strength to take a realistic shot at them.

foxy_boy wrote:

I get this impression to a much greater extent from how the Stormcloaks treated the Forsworn at Markarth, and how they treated the Dark Elves, Argonians and Khajiit than from how the Imperials treated the Nords.

foxy_boy wrote:
I also realize this touches real-world topics between what happened between the whites and blacks, I never thought it was right, and if I had been born in an earlier time I would still disagree with what was happening.

It's not whites and blacks so much. The Nazi comparison is reasonably accurate; if you look at how the third reich came to power, it was by amalgamating German myth into a psuedo-history and using it to promote feelings of cultural and racial unity and supremacy. They came to power against the backdrop of the Versailles treaty, which was an extremely oppressive set of rules imposed by a collection of far greater powers. The US/Iraq comparison also fits. There are a smattering of other potential interpretations as well. Khajiit read as Romani to me, for instance, with their nomadic behavior, fundamental "otherness", and the specific stereotypes associated with them.

foxy_boy wrote:
I mean like... Really? Brace your a tranny right? (excuse my terminology)

Why not take like, 5 seconds longer to look up a better term instead of using one you know is offensive and then basically calling "no tag backs"?

foxy_boy wrote:
The way I see it, in Skyrim, the Imperials have become Nazis, they only support their own agendas.

They aren't like the Nazi's though, because their agendas aren't cultural or racial, they're only political. They're about acquiring and maintaining power. No thoughts of "purity", no thoughts of forcing people to give up their ways and swallow yours.

foxy_boy wrote:
If you were to make the same decision in a real-world scenario, well, you'd be fucking yourself xD

I'd be doing nothing of the sort.

foxy_boy wrote:
Me on the other hand, I'd be sticking up for you.

I think you're just a tad bit confused...
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: This is not a Skyrim thread.   This is not a Skyrim thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 11:01 pm

I haven't played this game in over a month because of school Not a single fuck wa

About the unique weapons, there's a catch 22...
Preferably it's better to wait until you're maxed your level to get them, because they will be better when you first get them
But you really need them when you're a lower level, and it seems kind of pointless to wait until you're a high level where they aren't as useful to you anymore. Soooooooo...
Back to top Go down
Bitchy_Whiny_Douche_Fox

Bitchy_Whiny_Douche_Fox

PostSubject: Re: This is not a Skyrim thread.   This is not a Skyrim thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 1:36 am

No comment :V

Edit: Actually... Y'know Stormcloaks have many flaws, and I haven't denied that.

The fact of the matter is, overall they aren't in the wrong.

...Unlike the Imperials :V

You love propaganda don't you? Still used so much today....
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: This is not a Skyrim thread.   This is not a Skyrim thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 1:16 pm

I like how foxy boy can somehow manage to make even this thread suck.
Back to top Go down
Bitchy_Whiny_Douche_Fox

Bitchy_Whiny_Douche_Fox

PostSubject: Re: This is not a Skyrim thread.   This is not a Skyrim thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 6:10 am

Wolf-Bone wrote:
I like how foxy boy can somehow manage to make even this thread suck.
I'm not perfect, and I'll never claim to be.

What I like is how you're so good and pretending you hate me, yet seemingly I'm your best friend.

Now that I think about it, you may very well hate me, but still, I seem to be your best friend.

Wuffles, my sexy wuffie, you're as transparent as cellophane to me.

Your not 28 either, your 34... Or 36, it's an even number that's all I know xD

I'd love to see your response to this, because I already know exactly what your going to say, my little shit puppet.

I just need a few more shit puppets to complete my play :3

On topic, this is the only point you have made that actually stands out to me.

foxy_boy wrote:

brace wrote:
I get this impression to a much greater extent from how the Stormcloaks treated the Forsworn at Markarth, and how they treated the Dark Elves, Argonians and Khajiit than from how the Imperials treated the Nords.
Well first of all, you're wrong with the Kajiit, fuck the forsworn (Have you ever read any literature based on the forsworn? I believe I've read them all, and while they have reasons to be pissed off, their methods are fucking disgusting.) Yes, the Stormcloaks don't much like non-nords, that's really just nordic nature.

I'm not saying the stormcloaks are perfect, they have very many flaws, as do the imperials, I wouldn't go so far to say that one faction has more flaws than the other, because that is simply not true.

There's always two sides of a coin, sort of speak, and what I think is that the stormcloaks aren't in the wrong, but they don't take their philosophy far enough to be considered "right"

Same with the imperials, overall though, I do think the imperials are fucking themselves.

"How can we rely on an empire's protection if it can't even protect itself"
-Common saying

Imperials have become weak and fat, always dying instantly after receiving a blow from my "Ebony Mace Of The Blaze"

(On adept)

As far as stormcloak racism goes, compared to imperials, perhaps imperials aren't racist at all, but in this fantasy world, that is a bit of a bad thing.

I hate to use this example... Wait, no I don't xD

Anyways, so lets call Cirodiil "America".

So, if America abuses so all many other countries over CENTURIES (in elder scrolls lore, the abuse the empire has caused can be measured to FAR more than any real-world occurrence)

Would you really be living in a world where you think nobody is at least a little pissed off at what you've done?

Of course you do, your a stupid American.

The reality is, every other province of Tameriel probably has at least some resentment for the empire, because the empire just comes in and does whatever the fuck they want, because like I said earlier, although you deny it, The empire only supports what it needs to, or feels it should in order to gain more power.

That is what an Empire is, it's a fucking evil machine.
(No other quest in the game brought me more pleasure than the dark brotherhood quest where you kill the true emperor, his "Elite guards" are really just a joke too, you can kill them any way you choose and never run into a problem.)

I mainly admire the stormcloaks for wanting independence, and wanting to look after themselves. These are the reasons Nords don't like other races. They don't want to conquer, they don't want more than what they've got, they just want to defend what is rightfully theirs, and in the real-world, I would too.

However, they don't want to share... Needs work, no? xD
Back to top Go down
Brace

Brace

PostSubject: Re: This is not a Skyrim thread.   This is not a Skyrim thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 9:27 am

foxy_boy wrote:
fuck the forsworn

foxy_boy wrote:
they just want to defend what is rightfully theirs

Derp.

"America is for Americans!"

*looks over at Native American*

"Go back to Africa!"

This is a world where death takes you to a guaranteed afterlife, so cosmopolitan imperialism isn't really that big of an evil.
Back to top Go down
Bitchy_Whiny_Douche_Fox

Bitchy_Whiny_Douche_Fox

PostSubject: Re: This is not a Skyrim thread.   This is not a Skyrim thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 9:32 am

Mmhm, yes, but you don't get absorbed in the fantasy of the elder scrolls obviously, you need to care less about such things because well... Skyrim is just a game xD

It counts for nothing, and honestly I got sick of this conversation a while ago, I can't tell you why I continued it.

Do what you want, it doesn't matter anyways, I can see your all out of arguments anyways Razz

-refrains from political posts-
(I actually do have A LOT to say in well, stormcloak's defense against what you just said, because honestly if you think about what you just said to me it doesn't relate to anything (In game) at all :/)

Oh wait... Sexy wuffie was part of my post, I believe that just makes things escalate when you add a sexy wuffie Razz

I almost just said something mean because of... Your narrow mind.

I mean like, I almost said something downright cruel, which is rather unlike me.

If we're talking real world politics you really don't have a clue.
There is no black and white to be found there.

Oh, and I'd also like to point out to you that natives in north America originate from asians, more specifically Mongolians.

I don't know where you're getting this black stuff from, your country brought them here.

(Unless you include the theory of black people building boats and taking them to the "new world", south america before whites did.)
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: This is not a Skyrim thread.   This is not a Skyrim thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 3:24 pm

Jesus Fucking Christ!

- I am not 30-something. I'm not even 30 yet, and won't be for another year and some change. I don't know where the hell you got that from.

- You are most certainly not my best friend. I should point out, I personally don't and never really have done the whole "best friends" thing because in my experience, no one who has ever insisted me and them were friends was ever much of a friend, or even knew what a friend was.

- In addition, the one person who did the above and added "best" to "friends" turned out to be the furthest thing from either a friend or even a decent, sane human being. That was someone I had known since 2nd grade, and had wasted 17 years of my life really more just tolerating than really being friends with.

- I damn sure would never consider a complete fucking stranger over the internet a friend. In fairness, this isn't just a problem with you, but an issue I have with all manner of internet geek, whether they be furry, therian, otherkin, otaku or gamer who think it's still the 90's and the jury's out on whether you can call anyone you only know from the internet a "friend".

- The verdict came in a long time ago: No, unless they're on Facebook, and even that doesn't really count.

- You're talking about people taking Skyrim too seriously because "it's just a game" yet you're the one trying to determine which of these fictional countries are supposed to represent the U.S. None of them do, you idiot! There might be parallels you can draw, but the Elder Scrolls' world is a reflection of ours the way Middle Earth is of Europe - you know, just barely if at all, and from the point of view of a highly educated Brit.

- Yes, the First Nations, as we're supposed to call them in Canada (I like the term Aboriginal myself but when I use it, everyone thinks I mean indigenous Australians) originally migrated here from somewhere else. What's your point? We're all Ethiopians, essentially, but do you consider yourself African? Of course not, because that'd conflict with the privilege and superiority complex your white skin and prized straight, blonde hair gives you.

- Get Fucked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is not a Skyrim thread.   This is not a Skyrim thread. - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is not a Skyrim thread.
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next