General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread

Go down 
+35
TangoDelahunt
ReddenAB
Maya
Ouiji
Kaiser
Butterflygoddess
Tank Abuse
KigRatel
Zaraphayx
SirRob
Jesusfish
Zoe
jcstinks
katmandu
Lucan
Bitchy_Whiny_Douche_Fox
Darkwing
8-bit
Southpaw
Zenia
Lucy
Brace
Fable
DaBigX26
melomeltsinmilosmouth
Wolf-Bone
blackfuredfox
Daisy The Bunny
Taz
greg-the-fox
Riv
Kaizy
Monochrome Kanon
MiloTime
Lunar
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread   YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 12:46 am

MiloTime wrote:
eh, you're far from the first person here to identify as transgender, so it's nothing new or confusing to me.

I lost count Not a single fuck wa

I find it easy to accept people as their preferred gender on the internet
An avatar of the desired gender helps
I've never met anyone in real life who is trans, I don't think it would be so easy though, especially if I knew them for a long time before they came out.

And on the subject of surgery, I think it's possible that some day they could grow functioning vaginas or penises out of stem cells. I mean a guy had a human ear grown under the skin in his arm. pokerface
Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

PostSubject: Re: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread   YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 1:42 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
And on the subject of surgery, I think it's possible that some day they could grow functioning vaginas or penises out of stem cells. I mean a guy had a human ear grown under the skin in his arm. pokerface

Of course. But it'll take funding. I'm between banks right now, so just make the checks out to cash.
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
Zenia

Zenia

PostSubject: Re: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread   YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:26 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
I've never met anyone in real life who is trans, I don't think it would be so easy though, especially if I knew them for a long time before they came out.
I know two transgendered people in real life.

One is an older MtF lady. I've only ever known her as a 'her' so it gives me no trouble whatsoever. The other is an FtM that I have known for 13 or 14 years, but has only been transgendered for a couple of years. So I slip up and still say 'her/she'.
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/zenia/
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

PostSubject: Re: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread   YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:43 am

Zenia wrote:
greg-the-fox wrote:

One is an older MtF lady. I've only ever known her as a 'her' so it gives me no trouble whatsoever. The other is an FtM that I have known for 13 or 14 years, but has only been transgendered for a couple of years. So I slip up and still say 'her/she'.

I hate when people get pissed off at me for "slipping up". I mean I'm sorry that I knew you for 10 years as a guy and am expected to forever remember to refer to you as a girl from now on. at least appreciate the fact that we have no problem with it. don't be a bitch just because we accidentally refer to you as a dude.
Back to top Go down
Taz

Taz

Humor : Suggestive, Dry, Sardonic

PostSubject: Re: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread   YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:56 am

MiloTime wrote:
Zenia wrote:
greg-the-fox wrote:

I hate when people get pissed off at me for "slipping up". I mean I'm sorry that I knew you for 10 years as a guy and am expected to forever remember to refer to you as a girl from now on. at least appreciate the fact that we have no problem with it. don't be a bitch just because we accidentally refer to you as a dude.
See it can be offensive because that person, I wouldn't go so far as to say expects, but confides that you'll remember.
You have to remember it really bothers the person to be a guy, just like a vagina bothers you Milo.
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

Humor : Decompression sickness

PostSubject: Re: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread   YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:36 pm

I am now out of the closet regarding my sexuality to both parents. It went very well :3

Weight = lifted.
Back to top Go down
Zenia

Zenia

PostSubject: Re: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread   YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 2:44 pm

Thlayli wrote:
It went very well :3
Yaaaay!
Back to top Go down
Taz

Taz

PostSubject: Re: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread   YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 3:09 pm

That's good Thayli, but the gender thing may raise some eyebrows.
I was afraid of that, but I just came out and told my mom and my whole family.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread   YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 4:21 pm

Zylphia_Armstrong wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
Zenia wrote:
greg-the-fox wrote:

See it can be offensive because that person, I wouldn't go so far as to say expects, but confides that you'll remember.
You have to remember it really bothers the person to be a guy, just like a vagina bothers you Milo.

do you not understand that someone you've known for so many years as a specific gender has that specific gender implanted in your brain? it's about as simple as trying to remember to call someone by their new name after having legally changed it.

sure you all know me by milo, but my real name is Ryan. say my real name WAS milo, and I had legally changed it to Ryan. can you honestly tell me that everyone here will remember that every time they call my name?

Just be patient and give people time to let that sort of thing mellow in their mind.
Back to top Go down
Zenia

Zenia

PostSubject: Re: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread   YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 4:57 pm

MiloTime wrote:
it's about as simple as trying to remember to call someone by their new name after having legally changed it.
My brain feels silly when someone even changes their username once I have come to get used to the first one. XD
Back to top Go down
Taz

Taz

PostSubject: Re: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread   YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:11 pm

Yeah I get it Milo, I could call you Ryan, just like I can go vegetarian on command for years if I want, or stop smoking.
I've got a great brain. :U
Back to top Go down
Southpaw

Southpaw

Humor : Your.

PostSubject: Re: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread   YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:13 pm

If I spent the money and time and effort and stuff to change to a girl, and my friends still called me a guy, I'd be pretty mad too. |:
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread   YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:16 pm

Zenia wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
it's about as simple as trying to remember to call someone by their new name after having legally changed it.
My brain feels silly when someone even changes their username once I have come to get used to the first one. XD

my IM contact list is as small as it is because I instinctively stop trusting/giving a fuck about people who constantly change their name. I must be one of those weirdos who's into outdated concepts like familiarity.
Back to top Go down
Zenia

Zenia

PostSubject: Re: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread   YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 5:23 pm

I mean, I will do it... since it is obviously what the person wants to be called. Like how Zylphia changed from Edie to Zylphia. It is weird calling someone you've known for however long by something new. I will make the effort though. Smile

My IM list has two people on it. lol My sister and my mate. XDD I don't care much for 1-on-1 chatting with more people than that. It can get me distracted from what I need to be doing. Commissions!

My 'Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay' is that a dude called Graymuzzle commissioned me to work on his short story "Convent Kitties". The first chapter worked out to be 15 comic pages. It cost him $150 at the discounted price. It had a really good response, so he decided to go forward with the second chapter which I am working on now. I worked it into 12 pages, so I get $120. I have no doubts that he will do the last part as well. I thought January was going to be a lean month (since my first paycheque this month was for only $100 'cause we were closed for a whole week) but it has turned out to be a great one! Smile
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread   YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 10:09 pm

Zenia wrote:
I mean, I will do it... since it is obviously what the person wants to be called. Like how Zylphia changed from Edie to Zylphia. It is weird calling someone you've known for however long by something new. I will make the effort though. Smile

yea, he had 100 other names as well. god forbid we get ONE of those wrong.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread   YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 10:11 pm

but yea, I understand the whole point. we need to make an effort to remember these things. otherwise it factors into our heads that it's ok to slip up until we're eventually back into that area of comfort where we think it's perfectly ok to not give a shit
Back to top Go down
Taz

Taz

PostSubject: Re: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread   YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 11:54 pm

MiloTime wrote:

I've only had Zylphia and Edie.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread   YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 11:58 pm

Zylphia_Armstrong wrote:
MiloTime wrote:

I've only had Zylphia and Edie.

on tinychat, you had so many other names, half the time I didn't even know it was you until you said something
Back to top Go down
Taz

Taz

PostSubject: Re: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread   YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 12:01 am

That's because confusing people on tinychat is funny.
Back to top Go down
Taz

Taz

PostSubject: Re: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread   YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 12:02 am

Oh and I like guessing games. <3
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread   YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 12:25 am

Zylphia_Armstrong wrote:

so is watching people flip their shit over stuff that's pretty fucking inconsequential when put in perspective against the actual important shit pertaining to their issue. funny how that works out, huh?
Back to top Go down
Lunar
Certified Muff-Diving Instructor
Lunar

Humor : I Dimmadon't give a shit.

PostSubject: Re: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread   YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 2:50 am

Gheens Planetarium and the Louisville Science Center for Valentine's Day? Yes, I think so. <3
Back to top Go down
Taz

Taz

PostSubject: Re: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread   YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:23 am

Wolf-Bone wrote:
Zylphia_Armstrong wrote:

so is watching people flip their shit over stuff that's pretty fucking inconsequential when put in perspective against the actual important shit pertaining to their issue. funny how that works out, huh?
No idea what you are referring to kiddo. If you aren't referring to anything I say good on ya'.
Back to top Go down
Brace

Brace

Humor : Lying through truthtelling

PostSubject: Re: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread   YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:48 am

He's saying that pronoun and name stuff (and I guess semantics in general) are less productive uses of effort than some hypothetical productive thing. Buying your local senator, perhaps.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread   YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:56 pm

Brace wrote:
He's saying that pronoun and name stuff (and I guess semantics in general) are less productive uses of effort than some hypothetical productive thing. Buying your local senator, perhaps.

Actually I'd consider pulling a Milo over pronounces name stuff to be the lesser evil there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread   YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Thread
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next