General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Fallout Discussion

Go down 
+3
Riv
blackfuredfox
Daisy The Bunny
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

Humor : Decompression sickness

General Fallout Discussion Empty
PostSubject: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 7:04 am

All things Fallout here, I suppose, since it seems to have a pretty large following from this forum.

Best thing about Fallout 3 for me was the epic battles that would spawn for some reason. I had Talon Co, about ten super mutants and just as many of their little guard dog things with the huge tongues attacking me and each other. This happened in an area with a lot of cars, so it was like a nuclear attack all over again. Can't believe I survived.
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

Humor : D is for lysdexia

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 9:39 am

Thlayli wrote:
All things Fallout here, I suppose, since it seems to have a pretty large following from this forum.

Best thing about Fallout 3 for me was the epic battles that would spawn for some reason. I had Talon Co, about ten super mutants and just as many of their little guard dog things with the huge tongues attacking me and each other. This happened in an area with a lot of cars, so it was like a nuclear attack all over again. Can't believe I survived.
Roosevelt Academy is where it happened, has the most cars and is a hub for Super Mutants. I have no life.
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 10:07 am

I've no clue. I'd just hopped out of the metro and was headed for Ranger HQ.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 10:32 am

Thlayli wrote:

I remember the first time I realized cars could explode. I was trying to get to the sniper in minefield, who happens to be a really bad aim. I saved literally a second before a car exploded, so it kept reloading the same save over and over since I couldn't get away from the car fast enough.
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 10:34 am

Thlayli wrote:
I've no clue. I'd just hopped out of the metro and was headed for Ranger HQ.
This changes things, sounds more like you walked around the other side of the Capitol building, opposite side of the Reflecting Pool and Mall, I can't remember the name of the area though, I know that there I had a hell of a time fighting.
Back to top Go down
Darkwing

Darkwing

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 12:44 pm

Oooh Fallout =3

I do some New Vegas streaming on tinychat sometimes =3

I haven't really played FO3 much anymore lol. Personally I like New Vegas better.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 7:39 pm

Riv wrote:
I remember the first time I realized cars could explode. I was trying to get to the sniper in minefield, who happens to be a really bad aim. I saved literally a second before a car exploded, so it kept reloading the same save over and over since I couldn't get away from the car fast enough.

The worst part is he's scripted to shoot any cars you get near
even if you're using a stealthboy and have a sneak skill of 100
if you enslave and then free him, he'll suddenly be very friendly
and still shoot any cars you get near!
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 1:22 pm

I have the urge to play through Fallout 3 again, and complete all the DLC except the Pitt (because fuck that).

I'll cave, just not yet.
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 4:26 pm

Thlayli wrote:
I have the urge to play through Fallout 3 again, and complete all the DLC except the Pitt (because fuck that).

I'll cave, just not yet.
The Pitt was pretty bad, not enough space I think. The only reason I still play it, is for the goddamned steel ingots. Point Lookout was my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion Icon_minitimeTue Oct 25, 2011 4:53 pm

I started a new file on it. Made myself a tomboy raider character and smashed the skulls of most people in 101 with a baseball bat.
Back to top Go down
8-bit

8-bit

Humor : Satire

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 2:59 pm

Don't play the first two, good god. They're bad, really bad.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 5:33 pm

8-bit wrote:

I actually tried the first one, and it was okay, but the cursor was so painfully jerky and laggy that playing was painful...
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 5:49 pm

Riv wrote:
8-bit wrote:

I actually tried the first one, and it was okay, but the cursor was so painfully jerky and laggy that playing was painful...
I didn't have any issues with the cursor, but the colors are all wacked out. Speaking of Fallout though, I have an idea for a Pre-Fallout 1 story.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 11:40 pm

Seeing the first two Fallouts now, I can clearly see why they were as popular as they were, but what I can't clearly see is the characters and world objects on the fucking screen. That shit is kinda important to me.
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 2:06 pm

I want to play Fallout 3, but I have a problem. The DLC won't load. I've tried deleting and re-installing them all, and even starting a new file, but to no avail. What do?
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 2:28 pm

Thlayli wrote:
I want to play Fallout 3, but I have a problem. The DLC won't load. I've tried deleting and re-installing them all, and even starting a new file, but to no avail. What do?
I had the same issue, all my stuff from Lookout and such were also gone. Then one day they were all back, like it broke and patched itself up.
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 2:46 pm

blackfuredfox wrote:
I had the same issue, all my stuff from Lookout and such were also gone. Then one day they were all back, like it broke and patched itself up.

Yeah, this was two months ago and I haven't really tried since then. No time like the present I guess?
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 2:46 pm

blackfuredfox wrote:
Thlayli wrote:
General Fallout Discussion 11893757

Thlayli, do you have "Games For Windows" installed? I've heard that can cause some problems with the DLC.
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 4:29 pm

I'm playing on 360.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 5:41 pm

Thlayli wrote:
I'm playing on 360.

Are you connected to Xbox live?
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 5:43 pm

Riv wrote:
Thlayli wrote:
I'm playing on 360.

Yeah. I have the latest patch.
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 8:06 pm

Thlayli wrote:
Riv wrote:
Thlayli wrote:
I'm playing on 360.

Yeah. I have the latest patch.
Clear the cache for it then. I had the same issue with Dead Money.
Back to top Go down
Brace

Brace

Humor : Lying through truthtelling

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 8:54 pm

I've sunk 30 hours or so into New Vegas on Steam. I bought the DLC and immediately discovered that all of the missions in this area are almost impossible. Apparently because enemy difficulty scales according to player level, and I'm playing as a level 20 with all my points in speech, lockpick, science, and medicine. My guns and energy weapons are seriously at, like, ~30 each. I run out of ammo before I get the lifebar down halfway on a lot of things...

Stupid main game incentivizing relative pacifism. Stupid DLC incentivizing shooting things.
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 8:55 pm

blackfuredfox wrote:

How do you do that?
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 8:58 pm

Thlayli wrote:
blackfuredfox wrote:

How do you do that?
Go to your memory, then there should be a bar to clear the cache. Its been awhile since I did this though. Also when you log ito XBox live, prepare for a mass update.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Fallout Discussion   General Fallout Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Fallout Discussion
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next