General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition

Go down 
+14
Kaiser
Azure
MiloTime
Wolf-Bone
Lucan
Maya
greg-the-fox
Llama
Riv
Kaizy
Zoe
Lucy
XoPachi
Tank Abuse
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 4:45 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
actually, I'm pretty sure it's FPS judging by the weapons. it strikes me as an L4D base game. like L4D and Brink combined.

I was just saying, third person parkour doesn't seem right...

although zombie slaying parkour sounds a lot more legit *sarcasm*

I would be REALLY interested if it was an entirely melee-based zombie game with NO guns, that relied on fast-paced movement and had some really damn good environment interaction.

Yeah, that will never happen Not a single fuck wa

it's hard to imagine a good combat system (excluding arkham series. as fun as that combat system is, it's too much button mashing). like, a system where you can feel the weight of your character hitting the other character, etc. a good dodging system, environmental kills, actual wounds that slow you in certain ways.

I dunno. shit like that
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 5:02 am

MiloTime wrote:
it's hard to imagine a good combat system (excluding arkham series. as fun as that combat system is, it's too much button mashing). like, a system where you can feel the weight of your character hitting the other character, etc. a good dodging system, environmental kills, actual wounds that slow you in certain ways.

I dunno. shit like that

What about Zenoclash? Chivalry?
Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

Humor : terrible

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 3:24 pm

Just watched the press conference. Gotta say it, Microsoft is pushing some Grade A games, but the Xbox One seems really pricey and the console a bit silly.

MGS5 looks really cool, The Witcher 3 is going to be fantastic and Titan Fall looks amazing! The only disappointment for me is the exclusivity of Dead Rising 3. They actually peaked my interest in another zombie game, then ripped it away from me.

And no, I'm not convinced that Xbox one is Satan in a box yet and going on a rant. I'll probably stick to Sony and PC though.
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

Humor : Anything

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 4:14 pm

Those games look AMAZING. The Project Spark had me going "Oh joy a Minecraft clone!!" Then I kept watching. I was fucking impressed. They weren't lying about bringing the games. Shame that an UTTER SHIT console is getting more quality, and more original games than fucking Nintendo. Let's see what's Sony's got later.

Man, I wish XBox One wasn't so bad. When you even get my attention with a crap game like Forza...you did something right with a game.
I wish they showed more of that what was it? Sunset Overdrive? Game looks like Sonic, De Blob, and Mirror's Edge in one bundle.

But Ryse was the star of the show for me.
Back to top Go down
http://xopachi.tumblr.com/
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 4:18 pm

And the two free games a month thing is very nice. THAT is the intensive I've been looking for to get Gold. $60 a year for 12 full games? That is NOT bad for console standards.
Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 5:19 pm

XoPachi wrote:

Ryse had me so interested until it got to the combat. Those QTEs at every enemy were such a mood killer.
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 5:53 pm

Lucan wrote:
XoPachi wrote:

Ryse had me so interested until it got to the combat. Those QTEs at every enemy were such a mood killer.

I'm waiting to see how the rest of it fairs.
Back to top Go down
Kaiser

Kaiser

Humor : Thoughtful

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 5:58 pm

NEW Mirror's Edge game comming through.
Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:00 pm

Battlefield 4 looks like what I hoped Battlefiled 3 would be. I'll probably get it. BATTLEFRONT BY DICE AND MIRRORS EDGE 2! I'm so happy about that! ;_;
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:01 pm

My friend (sometimes I wonder) is trying to OUT OF NOWHERE say I'm jumping on a bandwagon about not wanting an XBox One. He's actually defending this shitty ass console yet...he doesn't know what he's talking about. Seriously?
He immediately assumed that I was worried about used games and privacy issues telling me to put on my "tin foil hat" and "go back to hiding in my bunker".

Better living in a bunker than under a rock. Not a single fuck wa

MIRROR'S EDGE 2??!?!?!!??!!?!? SERIOUSLY?!?!?!!?1/1/

This orgasm WILL kill me.
Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:06 pm

This is the best EA in ages so far. Don't disappoint Sony, please.
Back to top Go down
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:07 pm

Hopefully EA doesn't cancel it.

Again.
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:12 pm

Milo needs to look at Titanfall.
I HOPE that is multiplat.
Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:19 pm

XoPachi wrote:

I'm pretty sure Titan Fall is an Xbone/PC game.
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:20 pm

Lucan wrote:
XoPachi wrote:

I'm pretty sure Titan Fall is an Xbone/PC game.

I...will pay...ANY amount...for PC Titanfall. Because that is a nice ass game. What surprises me is that it's made be the MW2 team.
Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:23 pm

I'm not gonna pretend Titan Fall isn't sexy as hell right now. It's like Blacklight except awesome.
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:36 pm

This looks better than fucking Planetside 2 and Tribes put together. It has Mechs with telekinesis, high flying action, solid looking shooting, big meticulous playful battlefields, PARKOUR WITH FUCKING JETPACK MIXED MECHANICS, badass looking weapons, and it's multiplayer?

Hell yes. I can't say it enough. This looks like it could be the best multiplayer FPS to date. I would instantly drop Tribes for this assuming it was still going and Tribes is my baby!!
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:39 pm

eh, it looks alright
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:43 pm

Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 4 Tumblr_mml1vbCwj21qbde4mo1_500
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:50 pm

I don't know... it's just nothing THAT new. I mean ok, cool. you can... slide across walls...

as for the mechs, I never got into giant mech warfare shit. sorry, just not my thing.
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:55 pm

...Didn't you want more first person games with parkour? pokerface
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 6:59 pm

XoPachi wrote:
...Didn't you want more first person games with parkour? pokerface

well I meant I want the focus to be parkour. not just elements of it. er... not the FOCUS per say, but rather, just a really good parkour system.

but maybe it's the design of the game that doesn't interest me too much.

OR... and I hope this isn't true: I'm losing interest in video games altogether. :<
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 7:02 pm

Well, there is a Mirror's Edge 2, so your wishes are still granted. Mine too!
Personally I love the look of this because it's more than 1 or 2 things. It's a fuck ton that seamlessly meld into one fluent gameplay style. That to me seems like innovation IF it works. I can't name another game that does all of this at once.
Back to top Go down
Tank Abuse

Tank Abuse

Humor : Exposed.

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 7:05 pm

Everything else is irrelevant because of Battlefront 3.
Back to top Go down
http://gman313.deviantart.com/
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 7:10 pm

Tank Abuse wrote:
Everything else is irrelevant because of Battlefront 3.

T-That was announced? QwQ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition
Page 4 of 33Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 33  Next