General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Random Picture Thread 2

Go down 
+29
XoPachi
SirRob
Monochrome Kanon
Zaraphayx
KigRatel
Tank Abuse
Butterflygoddess
Ouiji
Lucy
Vega
Maya
Percy
Daisy The Bunny
blackfuredfox
Lunar
melomeltsinmilosmouth
Zoe
tallylol
Zenia
Wolf-Bone
Jesusfish
Taz
8-bit
Brace
Lucan
Riv
Kaizy
MiloTime
greg-the-fox
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Picture Thread 2   Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 9:55 am

Wolf-Bone wrote:
As someone who currently doesn't have a job, this is going to sound utterly worthless, perhaps. But I wasn't always in this predicament. I'll tell you how I got every fucking job I've ever had. You convince the interviewer you're a good candidate despite your lack of experience. And it helps if the pool is relatively small. Seriously, you just figure out what it is these guys want to hear, and tell them whatever they want to hear. Because 90% of your job is going to be exactly that, telling people what they want to hear, regardless of the facts. That is essentially the job you're applying for, qualifications and job descriptions be damned. And the next job I have will probably he obtained the same damn way.

Yeah I've pretty much decided that the next time I'm in a job interview, I'm just going to be a smug cocky douchebag (I doubt I can pull it off well)
It seems to be the only way to get anywhere in society Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Random Picture Thread 2   Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 11:06 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
Yeah I've pretty much decided that the next time I'm in a job interview, I'm just going to be a smug cocky douchebag (I doubt I can pull it off well)
It seems to be the only way to get anywhere in society Not a single fuck wa

Well I didn't really have to take it that far. It's just knowing those buzzwords they like to hear and knowing when to say them. They primarily want to hire people who give an air of confidence and familiarity, who will make every aspect of their own job easier. It's so fucking retarded and frankly, this is partly why we're in the mess we're in. We're hiring more on personalities than skills, so it's no wonder the fucking Ganados Asians are having a better go of it than we are.

To illustrate my point, I got one of my last jobs, I swear to god, because I happened to share the recruiter's interest in 3D animation and revealed this purely by chance at the job fair we met at. I think I mentioned this was the same place where I got a discount on a PS3, which does not happen like, anywhere else (consoles being sold at a loss and all). So it just goes to show I lucked out in more ways than one there, and really had very little control over whether or not they liked me.

Furthermore, I knew two of the people I was competing with for the job, both of whom should've gotten it before me, by all rights, having more experience in that type of job. One of them was also going for another job with the same company in something where you don't even really deal with customers at all and he didn't even get that!

There is no fucking rhyme or reason to this shit which makes it increasingly difficult to scapegoat the unemployed.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random Picture Thread 2   Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 6:15 pm

Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Internet-memes-shoulda-made-friends-smoking

Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Random Picture Thread 2   Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 6:18 pm

that would be perfect if they'd shooped 15 cigarettes into his mouth
Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Random Picture Thread 2   Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 6:23 pm

greg-the-fox wrote:
Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Internet-memes-shoulda-made-friends-smoking

Not a single fuck wa

I don't need friends, I've got the internet!

megusta
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random Picture Thread 2   Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 6:34 pm

I seriously don't have any rl friends right now Forever ALONE!
I don't get it, I can make smalltalk perfectly well with strangers, but most of the time it feels like I'm bothering people and they don't really want to talk to me Okay.jpg Community college is awful for making friends, there's no dorms and everyone just goes in and then goes straight home afterwards, and everyone lives all over the place. I literally don't know anyone's name from my classes Not a single fuck wa Well this is summer semester so stuff like English that I'm taking, not a lot of common ground. I know the people in my major a bit better though, but I never get to know anyone on a personal level.
Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

Humor : terrible

PostSubject: Re: Random Picture Thread 2   Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 1:44 am

How can someone like you Greg not have any friends at all? You don't seem like a bad guy at all. Quite the opposite.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

PostSubject: Re: Random Picture Thread 2   Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 1:46 am

Lucan wrote:
How can someone like you Greg not have any friends at all? You don't seem like a bad guy at all. Quite the opposite.

he has high standards for people, as he's stated before. which might be why.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Random Picture Thread 2   Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 2:22 am

Lucan wrote:

It can actually be surprisingly hard to make friends in college, especially if you don't live there. I live at home, so even though there's a particular group of people I hang out with, they always have all this interesting stuff they're doing in and around campus together that I've never heard of.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Random Picture Thread 2   Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 2:23 am

Zorak wrote:

It can actually be surprisingly hard to make friends in college

that was basically my last chance... fuck
Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

PostSubject: Re: Random Picture Thread 2   Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 2:32 am

Zorak wrote:
Lucan wrote:

It can actually be surprisingly hard to make friends in college, especially if you don't live there. I live at home, so even though there's a particular group of people I hang out with, they always have all this interesting stuff they're doing in and around campus together that I've never heard of.
Well I guess it's good that I already have good set of friends then. Most are staying and going to the same college too. I always made most of my friends through my friends anyway. I guess that's not going to change...
pokerface

Last edited by Lucan on Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Random Picture Thread 2   Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 2:33 am

MiloTime wrote:
Zorak wrote:

It can actually be surprisingly hard to make friends in college

that was basically my last chance... fuck

I'm also a picky summbitch when it comes to friends, and I'm awfully quiet.
Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

PostSubject: Re: Random Picture Thread 2   Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 2:38 am

Once again this thread was derailed. In order to get things back on track I'll show you the most horrifying image on my PC...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Random Picture Thread 2   Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 2:40 am

Lucan wrote:
Once again this thread was derailed. In order to get things back on track I'll show you the most horrifying image on my PC...

Spoiler:

It took a while before I noticed Nick Cage, I was too busy watching the black guy play with his metal dick.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

Humor : Sin

PostSubject: Re: Random Picture Thread 2   Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 5:54 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
Don't get a credit card man, they're bad news
Oh no, theyre actually quite useful for very important things in life...like credit. Youre going to need credit for things in life, thats just how it works, and credit cards are a good way to build up a good credit score. The problem arises when you have frivolous spending and late payments, thats when you get royally fucked. I was always told by my parents that if I ever get and use a credit card, never use it to buy something you cant afford. If you cant afford to buy it or make payments on it, then dont charge it to the card.

Just dont be an idiot, buy a couple things that you need and can pay back without a hassle, and youll be fine.

Wolf-Bone wrote:
As someone who currently doesn't have a job, this is going to sound utterly worthless, perhaps. But I wasn't always in this predicament. I'll tell you how I got every fucking job I've ever had. You convince the interviewer you're a good candidate despite your lack of experience. And it helps if the pool is relatively small. Seriously, you just figure out what it is these guys want to hear, and tell them whatever they want to hear. Because 90% of your job is going to be exactly that, telling people what they want to hear, regardless of the facts. That is essentially the job you're applying for, qualifications and job descriptions be damned. And the next job I have will probably he obtained the same damn way.
Its true. Most places these days (or at least everywhere Ive looked) dont actually give a shit about employment history/experience depending on the job you apply for. The big thing now is open availability. If you can put down on an application or tell a manager whos hiring that you have total availability, thats essentially saying "Im wide open, interview me."

The next step is what Wolfy said. You need to come across as a desirable hire. You need to be friendly, listen to what they say, be optimistic as fuck about working there...basically be the employee that they want to hire.

How do you think I got my job? I had no work experience (I worked in the cafeteria at my Arizona high school and got paid so it was a job but I dont have any of the necessary information to use it as a reference) and I didnt have any job skills because of this. But I have the advantage of being friendly and I really put it across that I wanted to work at this store. I had my interview, I asked questions and inquired about the jobs requirements/schedule/ect (apparently they love it when you ask about the job because it makes you look more interested), and I followed up regularly on my application/interview results to make sure I got the job.

If you have no experience, thats really the only advantage you can have over them. You gotta hope youre more friendly and worthy of employment solely on your attitude.
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random Picture Thread 2   Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 9:11 am

This is creepy as shit, it's like straight out of Dr Who inglip

Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Funny-gifs-portland-lawn
Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

PostSubject: Re: Random Picture Thread 2   Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 9:51 am

It's probably sod.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Random Picture Thread 2   Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 12:11 pm

Lucan wrote:
It's probably sod.

... Laid on top of a water bed.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Random Picture Thread 2   Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 4:05 am

Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Tumblr_m5q05koTHA1qzlc6io1_500

Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Tumblr_m5q05koTHA1qzlc6io2_500

Velma is having none of your vampire shit today
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random Picture Thread 2   Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:24 pm

Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Internet-memes-i-am-your-koala
I lol'd
Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 133635_v1
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Random Picture Thread 2   Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 6:21 pm

MiloTime wrote:
greg-the-fox wrote:
Zorak wrote:
Why do you use your right hand to hold a mug?
I don't feel comfortable doing anything with my left hand, it's useless Not a single fuck wa Except maybe typing, playing guitar or piano, playing video games... okay I do some things with it. But not holding things. It feels weird. It's just a slave to whatever my right hand is doing, they work well together but I can't use my left well on its own at all.
right handers... so mainstream. Not a single fuck wa
Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Tumblr_m4j5cuM0MP1qcfcj2o1_500
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Random Picture Thread 2   Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:19 am

Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Tumblr_m55ph4e4tt1r5x7u8o1_250 Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Tumblr_m55ph4e4tt1r5x7u8o2_250

Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Tumblr_m55ph4e4tt1r5x7u8o3_250 Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Tumblr_m55ph4e4tt1r5x7u8o4_250
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random Picture Thread 2   Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 3:07 pm

Milo wants to tap dat ass
Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Internet-memes-i-wouldnt-let-that-dolphin-near-my-children
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Random Picture Thread 2   Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 3:14 pm

yes... dat dolphin ass

Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Tumblr_m4zaprrjXg1qkwf1m1
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Random Picture Thread 2   Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:58 am

creepy and adorable at the same time

Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Tumblr_m5vg2crwec1qcb5fko1_250 Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Tumblr_m5vg2crwec1qcb5fko2_250

Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Tumblr_m5vg2crwec1qcb5fko3_250 Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Tumblr_m5vg2crwec1qcb5fko4_250
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Picture Thread 2   Random Picture Thread 2 - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Picture Thread 2
Page 7 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next