General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah

Go down 
+29
Zaraphayx
Vega
Tank Abuse
Butterflygoddess
Kangarooboy
Aetius
PerCake
SirRob
Lemonchronicles
katmandu
Zoe
Lucy
8-bit
Daisy The Bunny
Lucan
lurker17
Zenia
greg-the-fox
Wolf-Bone
Joeyyy
blackfuredfox
Riv
jcstinks
Kaizy
Taz
melomeltsinmilosmouth
MiloTime
Lunar
Brace
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah   BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:39 pm

Yeah, I gotta side with Riv on this one. And besides, no one gives a fuck if you're in the military, 'cause, y'know, this isn't boot camp or whatever. What might work there for those people doesn't necessarily work with casual acquaintances on an internet forum.
Back to top Go down
Joeyyy

Joeyyy

PostSubject: Re: BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah   BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 10:54 pm

Riv wrote:
Joeyyy wrote:
Its no one but himself.

No. Just no. That is inappropriate on so many levels. No amount of silly drill-sergeant rhymes will fix depression.

If you read BFF's post, you'll see that the problem is that he blames himself. Telling him he's right is not only bullshit, but will also make the problem a lot worse.

You're essentially saying, "No, you don't suck as much as you think you do! It's your fault you think that way! Therefore you suck, stop sucking!"

It is.. Easily could he think positively. It only takes a different form of thought.
The problem is that he blames himself...? LOL. he just needs to think in a more positive manner.
I read it all. he needs to think in a more rewarding mindset. the more he thinks like a negative nancy, the more he will hurt himself

And wolfbone: If its working in an extremely stressful environment, then it should work for any civillian.
These are just common sense thinking techniques.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah   BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:13 pm

You say this like none of us have personal experience with high stress upbringings/environments. You know what I've learned from my own experiences? A person can be made to believe virtually anything, to the point of holding two contradictory thoughts/beliefs, though Orwell's little theory on that (as well as on language, which wasn't just his own views, btw) breaks down at a certain point, or just given enough time out of those circumstances for most. You're essentially telling a guy he needs to be deprogrammed, and you may very well be right, but it's coming from a guy who sounds like he's been programmed himself and, what's worse, sounds like he's bordering on evangelizing said program. But you're in two completely different situations, having two completely different minds and personalities. "Think positive", whatever it means to you, probably doesn't mean the same thing to him at best, but what you're talking about would sound like some alien language to me if I hadn't already seen a fair bit of this "technique" in my travels.

edit: also, I'm getting sick and fucking tired of this attitude: "this is what I believe and/or know, and it makes perfect sense to me, therefor, it's common sense". when the hell did this become chic? I've really only seen people start talking like this in roughly the past decade.
Back to top Go down
Joeyyy

Joeyyy

PostSubject: Re: BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah   BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:21 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
You say this like none of us have personal experience with high stress upbringings/environments. You know what I've learned from my own experiences? A person can be made to believe virtually anything, to the point of holding two contradictory thoughts/beliefs, though Orwell's little theory on that (as well as on language, which wasn't just his own views, btw) breaks down at a certain point, or just given enough time out of those circumstances for most. You're essentially telling a guy he needs to be deprogrammed, and you may very well be right, but it's coming from a guy who sounds like he's been programmed himself and, what's worse, sounds like he's bordering on evangelizing said program. But you're in two completely different situations, having two completely different minds and personalities. "Think positive", whatever it means to you, probably doesn't mean the same thing to him at best, but what you're talking about would sound like some alien language to me if I hadn't already seen a fair bit of this "technique" in my travels.

you say its a mental programming, or a technique that may or may not work... When it has been scientifically proven that thinking positively changes your physical and mental output. Am I programmed? or am I taught to think correctly?
No. Im not in two completely differrent situations. this tactic works everywhere, every time. You make thinking positive seem like a brainwashing tactic. defending the negative thinking is brainwashing. its completely idiotic.
Please. look back and actually READ what the post said. Then come back and tell me that Im being harsh.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah   BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 12:18 am

Joeyyy wrote:
Wolf-Bone wrote:

you say its a mental programming, or a technique that may or may not work... When it has been scientifically proven that thinking positively changes your physical and mental output. Am I programmed? or am I taught to think correctly?
No. Im not in two completely differrent situations. this tactic works everywhere, every time. You make thinking positive seem like a brainwashing tactic. defending the negative thinking is brainwashing. its completely idiotic.
Please. look back and actually READ what the post said. Then come back and tell me that Im being harsh.

Okay, if you become depressed to the point that it gets to where you practically have to write out a 10 point plan to walk across the room and make a sandwich, and this happens twice, and once you can try it your way, and the other time you can do what I did and go on SSRIs. And if it turns out your way works better for you, all it will prove is that it worked better for you. Because I'm pretty sure "SCIENCE!" would back me up on that...
Back to top Go down
Lunar
Certified Muff-Diving Instructor
Lunar

Humor : I Dimmadon't give a shit.

PostSubject: Re: BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah   BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 12:43 am

Just fucking stop, BFF. I'm getting so sick of this belly-aching, woe-is-me bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Taz

Taz

Humor : Suggestive, Dry, Sardonic

PostSubject: Re: BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah   BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 1:23 am

I like your guys' approach to Depression. :/

ALSO this thread is MEANT for the Belly-Aching Bullshit.
You know, that is the whole premiss of Bawww'ing correct?
I for one like BFF and Milo just fine when they are happy, or depressed.
You're all sort of going in the wrong Direction with this, except Riv, and Wolf.

Anyways, if you want to BFF you can message me.
Back to top Go down
Lunar
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah   BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 2:06 am

Taz wrote:

You're all sort of going in the wrong Direction with this, except Riv, and Wolf.

BFF is my best friend in real life. He comes to me for all sorts of things, and I help him through every last bit of it. It's just so frustrating when every time I try to give him advice, try to get him to go out and meet people, have a good time, he always turns it down saying he's "too shy". And I'm so goddamn sick of it.
Back to top Go down
Taz

Taz

Humor : Suggestive, Dry, Sardonic

PostSubject: Re: BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah   BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 4:37 am

Lunar wrote:
Taz wrote:

BFF is my best friend in real life. He comes to me for all sorts of things, and I help him through every last bit of it. It's just so frustrating when every time I try to give him advice, try to get him to go out and meet people, have a good time, he always turns it down saying he's "too shy". And I'm so goddamn sick of it.
Psh, I know that. I tell people to do stuff too, not that they listen to me either.
They're my friends, and I personally do not get tired of my friends.
Meeting people is hard when you're depressed, being around people is hard.
Even living becomes a huge chore when you get depressed, and depression is like being stuck in a ditch with steep banks; one day you are almost out, you think things are finally turning up, and you can see the very tip of the sun. Then it starts raining and the slope becomes slippery, and you start slipping down, you try as you might, but the rain pelts down, moistening the dirt, and turning it to slippery mud. In turn you slip back down.

It's not a very nice experience to have people say that they are sick of your attitude, or of the way you feel. Emotions are not easily overcome, and trying to tell people to get over their feelings is like trying to tell a set of Parapagus Tripus Dibrachius twins to balance on a giant rubber ball. It is awkward and near impossible.
Back to top Go down
Brace

Brace

Humor : Lying through truthtelling

PostSubject: Re: BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah   BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 2:32 pm

Conversation at the store today:

Bagger: How can I help you sir?
Me: I'm not a sir
Bagger: Oh, well excuse me. I'm just screwing up all over the place today.
Cashier: What is with people today? It must be something about thursday.
Bagger: Do you know what day today is? It's national prayer day.
Me: *scoff*
Cashier: More like full moon day. People are just so whiny.
Me: I wish I had your problems.
Cashier: oh!

I really just can't help but be disgusted at religion.
Back to top Go down
Lunar
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah   BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 2:59 pm

I... I'm having trouble following that...
Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

PostSubject: Re: BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah   BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:25 pm

Lunar wrote:
I... I'm having trouble following that...

Ditto.
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
Brace

Brace

PostSubject: Re: BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah   BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:42 pm

Three people. Grocery store. Bagger initiated conversation. Cashier was being passive-aggressive, talking about me to the bagger. Bagger followed suit.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

PostSubject: Re: BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah   BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 4:04 pm

Brace wrote:
Three people. Grocery store. Bagger initiated conversation. Cashier was being passive-aggressive, talking about me to the bagger. Bagger followed suit.

I guess something was lost due to the lack of intonation. Also I have no idea what "full moon day" means.
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
Brace

Brace

PostSubject: Re: BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah   BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 4:35 pm

Riv wrote:
Also I have no idea what "full moon day" means.

Reference to werewolves et al. IE, a day for monsters or freaks of some sort.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah   BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 5:12 pm

I know whenever it's a full moon approaching my own conservative leanings override my common courtesy.
Back to top Go down
Lunar
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah   BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:10 pm

Cyndi Lauper was at the parade I was in. <3
Back to top Go down
jcstinks

jcstinks

PostSubject: Re: BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah   BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 10:22 am

I was working with a client the other day who works in the earthy, crunchy little hippie art town around here.

Lady: I think we should sit down and finish our planning with the board today.
Me: Oh? Why is that?
Lady: Well, Jupiter is high today.
Me: Oh...yes...Jupiter! That's...that's so good.
Lady: It is a time for ideals.
Me: I couldn't agree more!
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah   BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 4:41 am

So that dream I had about asking a guy out bothered me more than I thought... I'm feeling really Forever ALONE! right now
Even a tiny shred of happiness breaks down my barricade of apathy, it was thinner than I realized.

Sad
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah   BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 5:02 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
So that dream I had about asking a guy out bothered me more than I thought... I'm feeling really Forever ALONE! right now
Even a tiny shred of happiness breaks down my barricade of apathy, it was thinner than I realized.

Sad

I really feel your pain on this one
I've felt that way about exes, or even girls I never had the courage to ask out
I feel that way about my now-deceased ex. Even if we weren't right for each other, I wish she was still here
I feel that way about my current girlfriend most days (though it makes our visits pure bliss)
but yeah, dreams about the past or just good experiences that seem too good to be true
I really feel you

2 Gud 2 B Tru, the new mixtape from black metal rapper Wuff Biz-Nuzzle
but no, I was serious B4 before
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah   BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 5:04 am

Oh I should say it was just some random dream-guy, not anyone I actually know. The dream meant nothing.
It just poked a hole in my self-defensive bubble, that's all. I hate being reminded of reality.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah   BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 5:11 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
Oh I should say it was just some random dream-guy, not anyone I actually know. The dream meant nothing.
It just poked a hole in my self-defensive bubble, that's all. I hate being reminded of reality.

Well yeah, but I know those dreams. I have them periodically and they have the same effect on me. Just sometimes they include people I know (or knew). Same effect, really, at least on me.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

Humor : Sin

PostSubject: Re: BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah   BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 5:11 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
This is why I cant allow myself to have crushes anymore
They fuck me up too bad because it always turns to shit because in reality, none of that shit ever seems to work out

Being asexual is the bestest thing I have ever done

Someone kill me Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah   BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 5:14 am

FUCK I'm feeling all clingy and shit and I'm getting the urge to stalk people on facebook inglip

HELP
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah   BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 5:22 am

Kaizy wrote:
Someone kill me Not a single fuck wa

I tried but my Voodoo doll apparently was actually meant for one of the Beastie Boys
oops!

greg-the-fox wrote:
FUCK I'm feeling all clingy and shit and I'm getting the urge to stalk people on facebook inglip

HELP

Dude, seriously, don't
it's not worth it
Facebook turns decent people into dicks
or makes them show their true colors, whichever you prefur
it's not worth it
it's never worth it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah   BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BAWW Thread 3: Hatas be jammin mah weed brah
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next