General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Resident Evil 6?

Go down 
+14
greg-the-fox
Lucy
Riv
Yuzani
Trey
8-bit
Pliio
Kaizy
kyle19
Wolf-Bone
blackfuredfox
Southpaw
Brace
MiloTime
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

Resident Evil 6? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 3:35 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
Where I stand, the attache system was perfection, and theyve only gone backwards from that

So you don't think it would've been at all nice to be able to assign a shotgun to one d-pad button, a handgun to another, and a first-aid spray to another. Okay, whatever. I do think calling RE 5's setup a step backwards is kinda appropriate given the fact that you essentially go to a huge item box between levels to retrieve/store equipment.

in that sense, it gives people more of a "shoot first, think later" mentality. instead of thinking what weapon you're going to use to kill this guy that suddenly appeared in front of you, you're like "OH SHIT, I forgot what weapon I assigned to what *presses random D-pad button* ok then, I'll use a sniper rifle up close I guess"

with the older one's, it was more about choosing the right weapon that has the right effect on the enemy, and determining if you have enough ammo to kill him.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

Humor : Sin

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 4:34 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
Where I stand, the attache system was perfection, and theyve only gone backwards from that

So you don't think it would've been at all nice to be able to assign a shotgun to one d-pad button, a handgun to another, and a first-aid spray to another. Okay, whatever. I do think calling RE 5's setup a step backwards is kinda appropriate given the fact that you essentially go to a huge item box between levels to retrieve/store equipment.
You can have the quick assigned buttons and an attache system in the same game, but thats not what RE5 did. They fucked it all up. They also gave WAY too many weapons and more ammo than I could ever use. You no longer had to buy weapons, like Im not even shitting you. Every weapon in the game (excluding special ones) was obtainable just by randomly coming across it in a box somewhere. Challenge was eliminated because it became less of "shit, do I have enough ammo to take this guy out?" and more of "lol which fully automatic assault rifle should I fuck these guys up with?"

RE6 had better fix this (but I know they wont)
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 1:21 am

I'm pretty sure I said the attache case system with hotkeyed weapons would've been the ideal. Like you go to your inventory (pausing the action), select a weapon, assign it to somewhere on the D-pad, and have a limited enough inventory that you can probably do that for all your weapons and probably even grenades and healing items. The way RE 5 did it was like "LOL let's pull an RE 0, but in real time and in a way that forces you to arrange the items to correspond with where you want them on the D-pad".

And, IIRC you couldn't find literally every weapon laying about in RE 5, but it seemed pretty damned redundant how those weapons became purchasable as soon as you obtained them. Okay, yes, I'm totally going to buy a copy of the weapon I just got so I can give one to my partner rather than just replay the level and nab another freebie. Though I suppose it was necessary for the idiots who outright discarded a shotgun to make room for the 4th first aid spray they found in the level.

Honestly the amount of variation in the weapons was just another concession to the gun-fetishists that RE has always seemed to attract to some degree. I mean lord knows how many varieties of handgun, submachine gun and rifle CoD probably has, all based on real world guns.

I mean besides, they gotta test the waters for when they eventually say "fuck it" and make Grand Theft Umbrella.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 6:11 pm

Well well, guess what my brothers friend brought over that Im now about to try
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 6:54 pm

Well I've played through all 3 main campaigns and without having tried the 4th, I can say I'm pretty damn pleased with the game overall. Everything I complained about in RE 5 is gone. The inventory system is simple. No redundant weapons. No need to swap weapons and items with your partners. Your inventory is limited, but can be expanded somewhat through the new skill-sets. But it's only necessary for your ammo caches, really. You're never selecting weapons between chapters because you simply don't need a different type of gun for a different type of boss/level.

The only thing I'm really missing is the sense of exploration, but the truth is that was hardly even there in RE 4. It does have a tendency to feel like the game is rushing you through places, but even then, there's the occasional part where I find myself walking slowly through a place just to admire the attention to detail that went into it.

I love the fluidity in the combat, the ability to switch between shooting and melee on the fly, to roll out of the way when you're knocked down, shoot from the ground, counter attacks, and to be able to attack from practically any angle. It makes Mercenaries mode all the better.

I'm sure all this will be lost on Kaizy.
Back to top Go down
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 6:56 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
^
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 7:12 pm

trollface
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 7:50 pm

greg-the-fox wrote:

trollface

Christ, that's just pig ignorant. You want to rant about how much you don't like a game, that's one thing. You can't just, I dunno, try one of the other campaigns to decide if you're not being a little too hard on it, alright, don't. But he just comes across as really immature there.

You know, Gamespot seems to be absolutely in love with itself over how much controversy it's created with their review, and they're milking it for all it's worth. They had 3 different podcasts/videos just about RE 6. One is utterly self-aggrandizing, quoting and mocking the people who liked the game and were pissed at what they thought was an unfair review. I never thought just a day later I'd see something that manages to come across as a bigger dick move.

The other two, even in criticizing the game, can't seem to help but focus on a lot of things they actually liked about it, then just go back to their default "yeah but it still sucks" stance. "Resident Evil 6 is shit" seems to be this "thing" people want to be a part of beyond the game itself at this point.

For fuck's sake, I can't even get the pre-order bonus I was supposed to get. If anyone should be going on YouTube saying "fuck Capcom", it ought to be me, but I'm not, because I don't want to come across like this jackass.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 7:52 pm

For $70 if I didn't LOVE a game I would be extremely pissed. Even mediocre isn't good enough at that fucking price.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 7:58 pm

greg-the-fox wrote:
For $70 if I didn't LOVE a game I would be extremely pissed. Even mediocre isn't good enough at that fucking price.

That's why you don't get it on day 1 or pre-order it unless you all but know for absolute certain it's going to be worth that to you. For me, I've really enjoyed it so far. I actually feel like I got a little more than I was expecting. I only feel burned because my redemption codes (I've gone through 4 already) don't work and Capcom, so far, have been utterly useless in rectifying that for me and the others who've had that problem (there's at least a few of us I know of). That's worth being mad at Capcom for. Paying full-price for a game you could've just waited to come down in price is the consumer's own damned fault.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 8:00 pm

greg-the-fox wrote:

trollface

I expected this to have more thumbs down than it actually does... is he youtube famous? is this why?
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 8:03 pm

What a fuckhead.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 10:07 pm

MiloTime wrote:
I expected this to have more thumbs down than it actually does... is he youtube famous? is this why?

He has ~150,000 subscribers
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 11:12 pm

greg-the-fox wrote:
MiloTime wrote:

Yet more proof that the internet is full of retards in one gigantic circle jerk. For real. It's not because I actually like RE 6. Even the positive reviews pointed out flaws that I can see being valid points of contention. But this just isn't how you express that, or that you just don't like the game. This guy has like 2/3 of 1/4 of a million subscribers for doing what Chris Chan could do with about as much wit. Which is actually a pretty insubstantial number when you think about it, but it still seems like too much for something so stupid.

Maybe that's a harsh assessment of his channel just based on my first impression, but then cutting a $70 disc in half because of your first impression of it is still worse. Christ, he couldn't just trade it in for credit at some place? Sell it on Kajiji or something?

The guy was a fucking knob because he knew his fanboys would support him (if not unanimously based on some of the comments...)
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 11:25 pm

The guy's a toolbox, whatever.
Back to top Go down
Kaiser

Kaiser

Humor : Thoughtful

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 11:56 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
greg-the-fox wrote:
MiloTime wrote:

Yet more proof that the internet is full of retards in one gigantic circle jerk. For real. It's not because I actually like RE 6. Even the positive reviews pointed out flaws that I can see being valid points of contention. But this just isn't how you express that, or that you just don't like the game. This guy has like 2/3 of 1/4 of a million subscribers for doing what Chris Chan could do with about as much wit. Which is actually a pretty insubstantial number when you think about it, but it still seems like too much for something so stupid.

Maybe that's a harsh assessment of his channel just based on my first impression, but then cutting a $70 disc in half because of your first impression of it is still worse. Christ, he couldn't just trade it in for credit at some place? Sell it on Kajiji or something?

The guy was a fucking knob because he knew his fanboys would support him (if not unanimously based on some of the comments...)

I know right?

"After playing less than 2 hours of this 'Survival Drama' crap game, I decide to quit the game and make a personal vow to capcom. Thanks for the action quicktime sequences bros!"

1. So he only played 2 hours and with that he decided to do that? Man, at least play one day before cutting it, or sell it idk!

2. He still thinks this is a survival horror game? Haha, I saw the trailer and already knew it would be more like an action game with a horror/zombie touch in it. I mean, it does not scare me anymore, but it is still fun to play, get high scores, beat up some zombies, troll people in agent hunt, things like that.

3. What's bad about the quicktime sequences? i think they make you more attentive to the game and not just see the scene of a zombie attacking you withouth being able to do something. (like those times where in a scene there is an enemy in front of you but the character does nothing and you start bumping the fire button and start yelling "SHOOT HIM NOW YOU IDIOT!")
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 1:01 am

Kaiser wrote:
"After playing less than 2 hours of this 'Survival Drama' crap game, I decide to quit the game and make a personal vow to capcom. Thanks for the action quicktime sequences bros!"

1. So he only played 2 hours and with that he decided to do that? Man, at least play one day before cutting it, or sell it idk!

Yeah, the first two hours or so are probably the most awkward. And part of that is the intro tutorial which I don't think made quite the impression they were hoping for. It did a fine job of making me feel overwhelmed and that the odds were really against me, which is what a horror game should do, but not such a good job of showing me how to use the game's new mechanics to my advantage. But it did start to click for me as the game went on and the way it works honestly makes me feel more like I'm in the characters' shoes than any motion controls or 3D effects ever could.

Kaiser wrote:

2. He still thinks this is a survival horror game? Haha, I saw the trailer and already knew it would be more like an action game with a horror/zombie touch in it. I mean, it does not scare me anymore, but it is still fun to play, get high scores, beat up some zombies, troll people in agent hunt, things like that.

There've been more "oh shit" moments for me in this than there ever were in RE 5, and I think a better sense of scale and atmosphere than that overall. There was so little (almost nothing) in RE 5 that reminded you that you were supposed to be in a world under imminent threat and not just a guy fighting monsters. RE 6 does that much better, I think, especially in Leon's campaign. I think one of the reasons people wanted remakes of 2 and 3 was for the chance to play in a bigger, more detailed, animated Raccoon City where it feels like you're in the middle of a zombie apocalypse taking place instead of just one either immediately before or after the fact.

Even the cries of "CoD"ifying the series don't really hold up for me because the only "military" style part of the game is Chris', and that's you and some other BSAA soldiers fighting mooks and huge bosses while trying to rescue survivors or make it to some other destination. So it ends up reminding me more of Resistance 3 in that regard.

Kaiser wrote:

3. What's bad about the quicktime sequences? i think they make you more attentive to the game and not just see the scene of a zombie attacking you withouth being able to do something. (like those times where in a scene there is an enemy in front of you but the character does nothing and you start bumping the fire button and start yelling "SHOOT HIM NOW YOU IDIOT!")

I do think the lack of explanation of how they work differently now as opposed to in RE's 4 and 5 doesn't help. Everyone, self-included, seemed to think we were being told to "wiggle" the analog stick when it seems just rotating it works. Another part very early on had me tapping the run button when I was actually supposed to just hold it down. And then even towards the end of a campaign, I was supposed to slide under an obstacle while running instead of jumping. Except I don't think I had to do that anywhere in the game before that part. Not to not die, at least.

But still, I think it's better in games when you know a cut scene is just a cut scene and not a test to see if you're still paying attention. That should be left to in-game sequences and that they can do by RE 6 in-game what could only be done through cut scenes in RE 4 tells me the series is progressing.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 1:20 am

I'm curious as to what kaizy thinks about RE6. it's been a long time coming now
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

Humor : D is for lysdexia

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 2:38 am

MiloTime wrote:
I don't see why everyone is jumping Kaizy for voicing his opinion about this. What the hell does it matter? Its an opinion on a game.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 2:59 am

blackfuredfox wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
I don't see why everyone is jumping Kaizy for voicing his opinion about this. What the hell does it matter? Its an opinion on a game.

It's the reasons for not liking it, really. They seem almost petty and fanboyish. The kind of thing most of us felt about Resident Evil at one point but then got over because we started seeing the newer games as being pretty damn good in their own right and even managing to keep a lot of the spirit of the old ones in some way or another. I mean every once in a while, I do play one of those games again, and yeah, they're classics, but when you take the nostalgia glasses off, you really do start to see the flaws that were holding the series back and would've been a lot harder to rectify without changing the mechanics as drastically as they did.

Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 3:22 am

Wolf-Bone wrote:
To quote Ahkmill, dont assume things, I read through it

So heres where Im at, Ive played for over an hour, in which I tried the two campaigns that I wanted to try, Chris and Leon. So, according to the last argument we had, now that I have sat my ass down and played this, Ahkmill has to respect my opinion.

As far as the stories are concerned, its basically just as I had expected. Chris's story is RE5 V2.0 with lots of Michael Bay explosions and action porn out the ass and I did not care for it. The faceless marines are just as coloful and personality filled as you would expect, your "partner" is equally as bland, and while Chris's overabundance of muscles from RE5 are lessened, he still seems to have drifted off into being kind of bland and unrecognizable. The missions themselves were really kind of boring, pretty much something Id expect from any shooter (ex. go here, shoot everyfuckingthing in sight, go there, get shot with rpg), but I started getting frustrated when I found myself playing hostage rescue and these spider enemy things were carrying the hostages all around the floor. They arent hard to shoot, but if they run past you, you spend like 5 seconds stumbling backwards as if youve been hit by a small car and the enemy scurries off to another area, you run to that area, it runs back again, rinse and repeat. It took me a few minutes to finally kill that thing without stumbling all over the damn hallway and afterwards, I was just left frustrated, especially when I had found ANOTHER floor with the same situation to go through. After completing that, I had decided that I had had enough with Chris and moved on to Leon, hoping for a saving grace.

Now, I predicted Leon's gameplay would probably be bearable but still suffer from some RE5 influence. I was HEAVILY surprised to find that Leon's game was actually enjoyable to play and gave me a taste of how I had hoped RE6 would have been entirely. The areas are quiet, dark and atmospheric, the enemies are actually as close to fucking zombies as theyve come so far since before RE4, and Leon is just as awesome as ever. I dont care for his partner because she just kind of appears out of nowhere and I have no idea who she is or why I should even care about her. Its nice to see a part of the game thats actually trying to go back to the source material. not an over abundance of action, no explosions every 10 feet, no ridiculous feats of superhuman strength, just a slower-paced section of survival horror. I found myself running out of ammo a couple times in which I had to use some of the melee combat, which I found worked nicely and fluidly into the game. It took about two kicks to knock one down, and then one head stomp to finish it and I was highly satisfied.

Now, my problem with this game from what I have seen is the controls and inventory system. RE5 may have been shit in a bucket, but at least a lot of the controls and inventory system were straight forward. My usual grievance with the item slot over attache case system is still present, and I will never fully understand why they would remove such a perfect system like that. The controls themselves feel rather clunky, most notably with Chris. I dont know why, but anytime I wanted to simply turn to the left, his gorillaesque body would fly around and do full 180s and it felt like I had almost no control of his movements. They also switched some of the buttons up which threw me off, but I was eventually able to figure out most of them.

My BIGGEST problem though, by far, with what I have played, is the health system. I do not get this asinine way that they decided to go about the healing system. My example: I had been shot directly by two RPGs and somehow Chris survived, though barely, and I wanted to heal. I had picked up about 10 herbs that I hadnt used, so I opened the inventory, selected the herb...and found no "Use" option. I was literally just baffled and figured that maybe now you had to combine the herbs before you could use them. So after combining a bunch of them I still couldnt use them and I was starting to get frustrated. I couldnt continue playing with one bar of health and I really needed to heal, so I tried the other option "Place in Case" which I had no idea what case they were talking about...and the herb disappears from the inventory. I just...there werent words to describe how annoyed I had gotten by that point, so I started smashing buttons in hopes of opening this "case" and suddenly I see Chris pop something into his fucking mouth and he gets health. I had to try it a few times before I figured out that they made some stupid system where you cannot simply open the inventory, select your herb and use it. No, now you have to open your inventory, select your herb, put it in a "case", exit said menu and THEN you can heal. In theory this system could make sense had it been more like Dead Space where you push a button and it just heals you with whatever health you have in your inventory from order of smallest to biggest, but the way they executed this, its highly inconvenient because you have to keep remembering to open you inventory and put your newly acquired herbs in the "case" otherwise you could desperately need it in a tight spot and be completely fucked. And playing through Chris's game, there arent exactly many "quiet" spots for you to just fiddled around with your herbs. That is pretty much the biggest problem I have noticed so far.

Honestly, I expected worse, but its true, the game shapes up a little better than RE5 had, what with Leon's game redeeming it, but Chris's is essentially an RE5 expansion pack and the inventory issues still carry over to Leon's game, so I dont exactly love it. I didnt get the chance to try Jake's game (I was on a very short time frame, seeing how I only had an hour before work to try), but still those are my thoughts.

tl;dr

*Chris's game was boring
*Leon's was pretty damn fun
*Control issues with Chris
*Inventory system is still slot based and backwards
*Healing system is stupid
*Still dont think its worth $60 to only enjoy 1/3 of the actual game
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 3:35 am

blackfuredfox wrote:
MiloTime wrote:

...how in ANY way was I jumping down kaizy's throat? I was curious about what he thought about the game since seemed skeptical about it. if anything, his opinion of the game is my ticket to buying it, since I pretty much feel the same way he does about resident evil. I've even stated that various times.

Kaizy wrote:

tl;dr

*Chris's game was boring
*Leon's was pretty damn fun
*Control issues with Chris
*Inventory system is still slot based and backwards
*Healing system is stupid
*Still dont think its worth $60 to only enjoy 1/3 of the actual game

so... I guess that means I'll buy it once it drops by about $30
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 3:54 am

Wolf-Bone wrote:
blackfuredfox wrote:
MiloTime wrote:

It's the reasons for not liking it, really. They seem almost petty and fanboyish. The kind of thing most of us felt about Resident Evil at one point but then got over because we started seeing the newer games as being pretty damn good in their own right and even managing to keep a lot of the spirit of the old ones in some way or another. I mean every once in a while, I do play one of those games again, and yeah, they're classics, but when you take the nostalgia glasses off, you really do start to see the flaws that were holding the series back and would've been a lot harder to rectify without changing the mechanics as drastically as they did.

Im sorry if they come off like that, but heres my reasoning behind that, and for the record I view the movies like this as well

If you are going to make another installment for a franchise, make sure its faithful to the source material. Yes, you can try to alter and improve things as you wish, but once youve distorted it so much that it may as well just be its own new franchise, and the only connection it has to the original source is a few characters and part of a plot point, then all I can feel is the only reason you put the franchise's name on it is simply to get that audience to play it. Like really, had they just made the new games and movies, taken out the names and RE-specific plot points and added their own, you would have had some regular games that probably wouldnt have gotten the attention they have and their sales wouldnt have been as good.

Personally, I think that if you take an installment from a franchise, strip it of everything that is franchise-oriented (in RE's case, the characters, the different viruses, Umbrella, ect.) then you should be left with nothing but the basics to start a game, in this case survival horror and zombies. If you strip new RE games/movies of any RE-related content, youre left with an entire game/movie still. The franchise adds nothing to these games anymore, so why would you even keep trying to market them as those games? Why not just go off and make a new franchise where people arent expecting you to adhere to the franchise-specific guidelines?

The reason is because the current franchise makes more money than starting a new franchise would, so its easier to just make entirely new games/movies with radically different plot points that dont have any resemblance to the original simply because these games/movies would have been too bland to stand on their own. Its easier to dump sub-par sequels into a franchise thats already successful than to try and create a new franchise using these bland installments as starting points.

My problem isnt with the games/movies themselves, its that theyre being dumped into a franchise they no longer have any purpose of being in and I think they would do better if the ideas were to go off and do their own thing instead of trying to keep leeching off of RE's success. I personally think that the RE franchise has pretty much died off for the most part and it should just be left alone unless theyre going to do something different that adheres to the source material, such as what Milo keeps saying about a modern version of Resident Evil OutBreak. That would be a quality investment that they simply wont do because todays casual gamer prefers action filled linear storylines and no strategy shoot-everything gameplay.

That is why I dont like what RE keeps producing

Also the movie just has stupid points as it is but really what game-to-movie adaptations have really succeeded in making sense and being faithful to the source Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 7:01 pm

Okay, in response, I'm glad you liked Leon's campaign, at least. That was truly the best one to start the game off with, IMO, because I think it not only gives survival-horror fans what they want to see deep down (the entire fucking world falling apart around them as they try to survive it, barely) but its slower pace makes it easier to adapt to a control/inventory scheme that's changed a lot more than it appears at first.

Frankly, I had the same problem with the item system you did, initially. The initial tutorial/intro sequence does try to show you what you're supposed to do with herbs, but it doesn't really get it across that well. It just suggests you can heal your partner with pills, not that you're supposed to make them to use for yourself. You do this when you've got a bit of breathing room (though once you get it, it's far easier to do in the middle of combat than anything in RE 5's inventory system) and pop them as needed with one of the shoulder buttons. Even dropping items is hard to figure out how to do at first because once you select the item, you have to select another option from a little submenu. Like the thing with the herbs, it's wonderfully fast and easy once you know it, but how are you supposed to know it without so much as an instruction manual?!

I'm not sure that you missed that much with Jake's campaign, aside from the end boss fight that forces you to fight with nothing but your hands and feet in real time, which I thought was awesome. Another little part has you fighting mooks with your bare hands and using your brain a bit to solve some simple puzzles, but aside from that it's a lot of running, hiding, sneaking and driving.

It seems Chris' campaign is either love it or hate it and I loved it just because I loved RE 5, except now I can use melee attacks even more. I think as his campaign progresses though, his partner's character really does start to show itself as a good counterpart to Chris, who himself gets a hell of a lot more character development than I thought he would. But if I didn't already like that kind of gameplay the story wouldn't save it for me. BTW the end boss of that is one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen in a game. It's like a gigantic, fucked up embryonic skeleton crossed with Chaos from the Sonic Adventure.

I will say that even if I like the game as a whole, its release has been an utter disaster. You don't make online multiplayer such a strong aspect of the game and then utterly botch it as they have with the server issues. You don't make a game that clearly wants to have such a broad appeal and respond to criticism by saying "we can't please everyone", and most certainly not with some sickeningly saccharine comparison to parents disagreeing about how to raise their kids. And last but most definitely not least, if you won't even try to address those of us who didn't get our pre-order bonuses for various reasons, you can forget about those people ever pre-ordering another game again.
Back to top Go down
Vega

Vega

Humor : All Kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 7:14 pm

Here's my poorly typed opinion on RE6 after playing all 4 campaigns. Resident Evil 6? - Page 5 1772876878

Leon's campaign was FANTASTIC in my opinion, I loved the dark atmosphere and classic RE vibe throughout his entire campaign, and zombies were well done too and the cutscene at the end of chapter two when you kill the boss was haunting in my opinion, that image stuck to me. One thing that bothered me was how poorly capcom started his campaign, why didn't Leon and Helena start in Tall Oaks BEFORE the infection happened and build up to Leon shooting the President? Ada's campaign was my 2nd favorite, I love how her story fills in the gaps and shows the player the whole picture as well as letting the players know a tad more about Ada personally. It creeped me out when I saw the whole picture.

When I first played Chris' campaign(Selected Piers too), I thought Chris' campaign was pretty bad and generic until I got to the Mansion toward the end of chapter 2, then Chris' campaign became decent(Better than RE5). I also started to like Piers bit by bit throughout Chris' campaign and especially in chapter 5, I actually teared kind of. Sad I was also how Capcom decided to start off Chris' campaign, he was just randomly dropped off in China a day after his team finds him with post traumatic amnesia, why did it take almost the whole first chapter to find out that I had to rescue hostages? And why didn't Piers tell Chris what happened 6 months ago? Why did he just leave him in the dark? The first chapter could have been done much, much better.

Jake's chapter was also pretty decent and I like how varied it was at parts. I liked Jake as a character as well, especially after reading in-game files on him(It also helps that Jake was voiced by my favorite voice actor, Troy Baker.)
Resident Evil 6? - Page 5 Largevmpbl-1px600-4_zps2fe0fd62 I also liked the small character development between Sherry and Jake too. But, as with Chris' campaign, I thought the driving sequence was poorly done too.

Something I liked a lot was the enemies in this game, they were all varied, unique, and some horrifying, creepy, and grotesque(In my opinion). The aggressiveness of the enemies is well done too, MUCH more aggressive than RE5's enemies and the dodge system and ability to counter attack is a good balance to the aggressive A.I. too. As for the Bosses of RE6, I love how a few of them are reminiscent of classic RE bosses like Birkin, Mr. X, and Nemesis, they just don't know when to die. Smile

The problems I had with RE6? Two poorly done driving sequences, poor openings to a Chris and Leon's campaigns, the controls take a little getting used to, and the fact that some of the files you unlock tell you things that should have been told in a cut scene or during gameplay.(You would have never known much about Jake's past or Sherry's relationship with a certain NPC otherwise).

So yeah, I enjoyed RE6 overall (much more than RE5) despite it's problems, capcom just needs to focus on what RE6 did right and put that in the next RE game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 6?
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next