General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Resident Evil 6?

Go down 
+14
greg-the-fox
Lucy
Riv
Yuzani
Trey
8-bit
Pliio
Kaizy
kyle19
Wolf-Bone
blackfuredfox
Southpaw
Brace
MiloTime
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

Resident Evil 6? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 8:02 pm

I'm glad someone else noticed the similarities between the monster in Jake and Sherry's campaign and William Birkin. There's a fair bit of Fridge Brilliance in the game if you notice it, which it's easy not to seeing as how rushed the pace feels. The theme/tag line of No Hope Left is really fitting once you've played long enough to see the recurring themes of trauma, loss and hopelessness within not so much the story's threat (yet another bio-terrorist attack/convoluted conspiracy) but the characters themselves, all of whom are victimized by their part in story (except maybe Ada, but I haven't quite finished her game yet) and have lost hope for themselves as well as the world. Defeating that sense of despair/apathy seems to be the characters' true purpose, at least for themselves. But on the other hand, if the world seems to have forgotten why Umbrella's stock price plummeted and the company was liquidated, requiring a reminder from the fucking president because they didn't get it the first time, yeah, I'd feel pretty fucking hopeless too!
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 8:09 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
I'm glad someone else noticed the similarities between the monster in Jake and Sherry's campaign and William Birkin. There's a fair bit of Fridge Brilliance in the game if you notice it, which it's easy not to seeing as how rushed the pace feels. The theme/tag line of No Hope Left is really fitting once you've played long enough to see the recurring themes of trauma, loss and hopelessness within not so much the story's threat (yet another bio-terrorist attack/convoluted conspiracy) but the characters themselves, all of whom are victimized by their part in story (except maybe Ada, but I haven't quite finished her game yet) and have lost hope for themselves as well as the world. Defeating that sense of despair/apathy seems to be the characters' true purpose, at least for themselves. But on the other hand, if the world seems to have forgotten why Umbrella's stock price plummeted and the company was liquidated, requiring a reminder from the fucking president because they didn't get it the first time, yeah, I'd feel pretty fucking hopeless too!

how does the character selection work? I mean the three stories aside, you're able to choose ada and whatnot? is that the same kind of feature as in RE5 where once you beat the game, you got to play as your partner?

Wolf-Bone wrote:
I'm glad someone else noticed the similarities between the monster in Jake and Sherry's campaign and William Birkin.

I love creating conspiracy theories for myself. it comforts me to believe they're holding out on a secret they might reveal in a sequel or something. like:

sherry birkin's dad.... IS STILL ALIVE (sequel opener)
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 8:32 pm

MiloTime wrote:
how does the character selection work? I mean the three stories aside, you're able to choose ada and whatnot? is that the same kind of feature as in RE5 where once you beat the game, you got to play as your partner?

Oh, you can play as either character in each campaign from the beginning. You unlock Ada's campaign, which is a purely solo game, after beating the main 3. So far it doesn't seem like some throw-away fan-wank. It really does show another side to the story, has some pretty clever level and puzzle design, a bit of stealth, and really it's a surprisingly fresh departure from the team-based approach. But there are sections where you play Ada's role in the main story and provide back up and stuff, really no different than the way you do in the other campaigns when the characters cross paths at certain points.

MiloTime wrote:
I love creating conspiracy theories for myself. it comforts me to believe they're holding out on a secret they might reveal in a sequel or something. like:

sherry birkin's dad.... IS STILL ALIVE (sequel opener)

Yeah, I've all but given up trying to do that. It just hurts my brain. RE 5 was bad enough for me. Okay, Saddler was controlling the plagas in RE 4... Who the hell is controlling them in RE 5? Wesker? Irving? What, was there yet another cult tied to the conspiracy we didn't know about?

So with RE 6 it's like, okay, the C-Virus creates both zombies as well as Juavo who are this game's Ganados/Majini. How the fuck does that work? And again, who the hell is controlling them?!

I just don't want to start trying to invent the parts of the story that aren't explained until I get through all the game's unlockable files and stuff where hopefully it's addressed. If it's not...

ALIENS
Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

Humor : terrible

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 pm

Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 8:50 pm

I was youtubing random mercenaries stages, and I noticed the regenerators are back?! or at least... it looks like them
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

Humor : Sin

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 8:51 pm

MiloTime wrote:
I was youtubing random mercenaries stages, and I noticed the regenerators are back?! or at least... it looks like them
...show me

Now
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:05 pm

Kaizy wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
...show me

Now

I guess they're not. although they sort of walk and act like them. I was watching a bad quality video, so I couldn't see the skin very well, but I watched a better quality video, and they don't really have the same skin

edit: I googled a bit, and saw that people are referring to them as regenerators. so I guess they are... only in mercenaries mode I guess?
Back to top Go down
Vega

Vega

Humor : All Kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:54 pm

MiloTime wrote:

Actually, they're enemies from Resident Evil: Revelations, which were inspired from Rengenerators. Resident Evil 6? - Page 6 2769935412
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 9:57 pm

Yeah, they're not quite as deadly as regenerators, but still not a nice thing to deal with when you got several of them and you're running through hallways looking for keys like in one part.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 10:12 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
Yeah, they're not quite as deadly as regenerators, but still not a nice thing to deal with when you got several of them and you're running through hallways looking for keys like in one part.

what strikes me is the way they leap at you. that, I fondly remember in RE4. aha
Back to top Go down
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 10:16 pm

When I saw those buggers, I was all <3

I love the Regenerators and how terrifying they can be~
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 10:17 pm

Ahkmill wrote:
When I saw those buggers, I was all <3

I love the Regenerators and how terrifying they can be~

that was horror done right. not much scares me, but hearing the faint breathing sounds around the corner got me all the time.
Back to top Go down
Kaiser

Kaiser

Humor : Thoughtful

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 6:31 pm

Kaizy wrote:

If you are going to make another installment for a franchise, make sure its faithful to the source material. Yes, you can try to alter and improve things as you wish, but once youve distorted it so much that it may as well just be its own new franchise, and the only connection it has to the original source is a few characters and part of a plot point, then all I can feel is the only reason you put the franchise's name on it is simply to get that audience to play it. Like really, had they just made the new games and movies, taken out the names and RE-specific plot points and added their own, you would have had some regular games that probably wouldnt have gotten the attention they have and their sales wouldnt have been as good.

Personally, I think that if you take an installment from a franchise, strip it of everything that is franchise-oriented (in RE's case, the characters, the different viruses, Umbrella, ect.) then you should be left with nothing but the basics to start a game, in this case survival horror and zombies. If you strip new RE games/movies of any RE-related content, youre left with an entire game/movie still. The franchise adds nothing to these games anymore, so why would you even keep trying to market them as those games? Why not just go off and make a new franchise where people arent expecting you to adhere to the franchise-specific guidelines?

The reason is because the current franchise makes more money than starting a new franchise would, so its easier to just make entirely new games/movies with radically different plot points that dont have any resemblance to the original simply because these games/movies would have been too bland to stand on their own. Its easier to dump sub-par sequels into a franchise thats already successful than to try and create a new franchise using these bland installments as starting points.

Well, they did a good job with Devil May Cry, which was originaly planned to be RE4. I'll quote Wiki: "In prototype status, Resident Evil 4 proved to be a radical departure from the established Resident Evil formula and the survival horror genre in general. Rather than abandon the project entirely, the premise was changed and it eventually became Devil May Cry."

DMC had a great success with its games, so that proves that Capcom can make a good successful new franchise.

And I want to add something... Proffesional mode is $%#&@ hard! I need to level up my defence...
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 7:37 pm

I like how Dante was originally probably supposed to be Leon and now Leon can dual wield rapid fire handguns. Also, fuck Professional. I'm constantly hanging by a thread on normal.
Back to top Go down
Tank Abuse

Tank Abuse

Humor : Exposed.

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 1:43 am

Kaiser wrote:
Kaizy wrote:

If you are going to make another installment for a franchise, make sure its faithful to the source material. Yes, you can try to alter and improve things as you wish, but once youve distorted it so much that it may as well just be its own new franchise, and the only connection it has to the original source is a few characters and part of a plot point, then all I can feel is the only reason you put the franchise's name on it is simply to get that audience to play it. Like really, had they just made the new games and movies, taken out the names and RE-specific plot points and added their own, you would have had some regular games that probably wouldnt have gotten the attention they have and their sales wouldnt have been as good.

Personally, I think that if you take an installment from a franchise, strip it of everything that is franchise-oriented (in RE's case, the characters, the different viruses, Umbrella, ect.) then you should be left with nothing but the basics to start a game, in this case survival horror and zombies. If you strip new RE games/movies of any RE-related content, youre left with an entire game/movie still. The franchise adds nothing to these games anymore, so why would you even keep trying to market them as those games? Why not just go off and make a new franchise where people arent expecting you to adhere to the franchise-specific guidelines?

The reason is because the current franchise makes more money than starting a new franchise would, so its easier to just make entirely new games/movies with radically different plot points that dont have any resemblance to the original simply because these games/movies would have been too bland to stand on their own. Its easier to dump sub-par sequels into a franchise thats already successful than to try and create a new franchise using these bland installments as starting points.

Well, they did a good job with Devil May Cry, which was originaly planned to be RE4. I'll quote Wiki: "In prototype status, Resident Evil 4 proved to be a radical departure from the established Resident Evil formula and the survival horror genre in general. Rather than abandon the project entirely, the premise was changed and it eventually became Devil May Cry."

DMC had a great success with its games, so that proves that Capcom can make a good successful new franchise.

And I want to add something... Proffesional mode is $%#&@ hard! I need to level up my defence...

Lol Nero killing zombies with his blue arm.
Back to top Go down
http://gman313.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil 6?   Resident Evil 6? - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil 6?
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6