General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BAWW thread

Go down 
+25
Lemonchronicles
DaBigX26
Pliio
Barnabus
Aetius
8-bit
Brace
Lucy
Monochrome Kanon
Spawts
Bitchy_Whiny_Douche_Fox
Darkwing
Lunar
FoxeyHound
Taz
Vella C Raptor
Zenia
Kaizy
blackfuredfox
melomeltsinmilosmouth
Trey
MiloTime
greg-the-fox
Wolf-Bone
Riv
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

BAWW thread - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 12:38 am

MiloTime wrote:
UGH, I'm tired of my ears going crazy whenever loud noises occur. I can barely fucking enjoy music at a decent level, cause then one of my ears goes "LOLNOPE"

I might as well be deaf if I can't even enjoy the simplest sounds

At least you won't be deaf when you're 50
These kids and their fucking blaring earbuds Y U NO?
GET OFF MY LAWN Mother Of God!
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 12:44 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
UGH, I'm tired of my ears going crazy whenever loud noises occur. I can barely fucking enjoy music at a decent level, cause then one of my ears goes "LOLNOPE"

I might as well be deaf if I can't even enjoy the simplest sounds

At least you won't be deaf when you're 50
These kids and their fucking blaring earbuds Y U NO?
GET OFF MY LAWN Mother Of God!

*walks on lawn* trollface

HEY YOU!.... Mother Of God! get off my lawn

inglip

Okay.jpg

no but really, I want to enjoy my gay ass music dammit!
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 1:09 am

For me I can listen to music at a medium volume for about 2 hours before my ears get tired
And I can start out with it much louder but I end up progressively lowering the volume as my ears get tired
And there's a volume where it stops sounding good, and that's usually about half or more than half my computer's full volume (but it gets pretty loud through the headphone jack)
A lot of people RAISE the volume the longer they listen to it, because they're fucking deaf Not a single fuck wa

I wish there was a way to objectively measure this, unless you have a decibel meter. I certainly listen quieter than most people but I know people who are way more sensitive than me, like my mom. My brother's ridiculous, he has friends over and they practice playing really loud music in the basement, I was down there with them once and my whole body was in pain from how loud it was. I even put my noise canceling headphones on, which normally muffle out everything and it was still unbearable. I think most concerts these days probably have decibel restrictions so I can tolerate them okay. But private stuff like block parties they will just play the most unimaginably loud music, you could probably hear it from miles away. This one I went to I could physically feel the sound waves stabbing my ear drums like an ice pick.

In addition to high frequencies (like just thinking about standing next to a drummer makes me cringe) I'm actually sensitive to sub bass I think, so I have a much lower tolerance for stuff like dubstep and that stuff really makes my ears tired if I listen to it loud. The thing is it doesn't sound like it's too loud and sometimes it's too deep to really hear that well but I can feel it, and it gives me a headache after a while. I hate all these fucking popular headphones like Beats by Dr Dre that just amplify the bass and lower the treble and pass it off as sounding good. Seriously? I LIKE bass, but I believe in balance.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 1:19 am

lol greg, my ears are fucking horrible. like, a decent level to you is enough for my ears to go crazy. I love loud music (I mean come on... it's not like I listen to heavy metal :l) but my ears get this feeling that water is draining whenever I listen to anything loud enough. bass of all things is the worst. although I love bass... probably not in the same way everyone else here does :l
Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 1:47 am

I always listen to my iPod at full volume. But the iPod actually has a weak coupling capacitor on the amplifier, so it has a weak bass response at low volumes, so music really sucks at lower volumes. I guess I just have really good ears, though, since there's no ringing or hearing damage after a long, long time.
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
katmandu

katmandu

Humor : Questionable

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 6:55 pm

I should have shitty hearing. 20 years of gunfire, explosions, loud music, and motorcycling without earplugs should leave me with permanent tinnitus. Instead, my hearing's great and my eyesight sucks.

Baaaaw: Late paychecks and an unexpected credit card bill because a former employer hasn't switched the web hosting billing for the website I created for them from my credit card to theirs (for the past two years) and it's on autopay. The one thing they did do was change the password so I can't log in and change it myself.
Back to top Go down
http://katsden.net
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 7:22 pm

Riv wrote:
I always listen to my iPod at full volume. But the iPod actually has a weak coupling capacitor on the amplifier, so it has a weak bass response at low volumes, so music really sucks at lower volumes. I guess I just have really good ears, though, since there's no ringing or hearing damage after a long, long time.

And here I paid barely a hundred for a Sony and have never been happier with the sound quality of anything portable since, well, the Discman. Maybe Sony just packs better headphones with their shit though. But honestly in this day and age, that should be part of the deal.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 11:26 pm

I know why I say things just as much as you guys do.

in other words, I don't know why
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 12:05 am

Wolf-Bone wrote:
Riv wrote:

And here I paid barely a hundred for a Sony and have never been happier with the sound quality of anything portable since, well, the Discman. Maybe Sony just packs better headphones with their shit though. But honestly in this day and age, that should be part of the deal.

Oh, no, plugged into better equipment, the earbuds themselves are spectacular. The best-sounding things I can afford. It's definitely the amp.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 12:13 am

Riv wrote:
Oh, no, plugged into better equipment, the earbuds themselves are spectacular. The best-sounding things I can afford. It's definitely the amp.

It's the audio chip. They stopped using the good ones a few years ago Seriously?
http://macintoshhowto.com/itunes/which-ipod-has-the-best-audio-quality.html
Apparently my old broken one was the best sounding model they every made Seriously?
If only I had some way to get it un-broken...
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 12:41 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
Riv wrote:

It's the audio chip. They stopped using the good ones a few years ago Seriously?
http://macintoshhowto.com/itunes/which-ipod-has-the-best-audio-quality.html
Apparently my old broken one was the best sounding model they every made Seriously?
If only I had some way to get it un-broken...

Yeah, IIRC the late "classics" and the first gen touch had a dual op-amp configuration with no capacitor to restrict frequency output.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 12:42 am

And every day, I find a new reason (or two) to abandon Apple...
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 12:45 am

Wolf-Bone wrote:

It's not their fault! Microsoft owns the patent on all the audio frequencies from 5Hz to 30Hz!
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 1:08 am

Riv wrote:
Wolf-Bone wrote:

It's not their fault! Microsoft owns the patent on all the audio frequencies from 5Hz to 30Hz!

Oh that's right, I keep forgetting. Microsoft might as well own Apple itself, for all intents and purposes, right?
Back to top Go down
Brace

Brace

Humor : Lying through truthtelling

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 2:30 am

How can you patent an audio frequency? You might as well patent thunderstorms or the aurora borealis
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 2:43 am

Brace wrote:
How can you patent an audio frequency? You might as well patent thunderstorms or the aurora borealis

it probably boils down to the legal definition of "intellectual property" or the ease with which a person can defy all common sense just by calling whatever technology they reverse-engineered and maybe tweaked a bit "proprietary". it's just a reflection of flaws in the system, not in any way, shape or form the entire point of said system.
Back to top Go down
Pliio

Pliio

Humor : Satire

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:43 am

You know what I hate?

Militant Religion.
And that includes Antitheism.

I mean- it's an opinion. Like your taste in music.
Why not be militant over something like... protecting your money? Or Militant towards a destructive or self-destructive behavior?

It boggles my mind. Not something I'm proud of- that such things confuse me- but still.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:50 am

every now and then, I get that feeling like I should drop every friend I have right now, and get new friends. like when it get's to the point where it feels like the friends I have now can barely stand to look at me
Back to top Go down
Pliio

Pliio

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:51 am

MiloTime wrote:
every now and then, I get that feeling like I should drop every friend I have right now, and get new friends. like when it get's to the point where it feels like the friends I have now can barely stand to look at me
Don't drop me. :c
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:53 am

Pliio wrote:
MiloTime wrote:

I think you and uh... what, fucking TRG I guess; are the only people who I don't get a "I fucking hate your guts" vibe from.
Back to top Go down
Pliio

Pliio

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:54 am

MiloTime wrote:
Pliio wrote:
MiloTime wrote:

I think you and uh... what, fucking TRG I guess; are the only people who I don't get a "I fucking hate your guts" vibe from.
Are you sure you're not just paranoid and/or depressed right now, and that's skewing your normal perception of friendship and acceptance?
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 4:59 am

Pliio wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
Pliio wrote:
MiloTime wrote:

Are you sure you're not just paranoid and/or depressed right now, and that's skewing your normal perception of friendship and acceptance?

lol I'm always paranoid. doesn't mean I don't know how people feel about me.

I mean is it so hard to read someone when you make your personality so easy to hate?
Back to top Go down
Pliio

Pliio

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 5:03 am

MiloTime wrote:
Pliio wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
Pliio wrote:
MiloTime wrote:

lol I'm always paranoid. doesn't mean I don't know how people feel about me.

I mean is it so hard to read someone when you make your personality so easy to hate?
You could be a sexist, argumentative, militant asshat who demonizes and devalues others for the protection of his own high-horsey game.

But you're not. I don't find your personality in any way hate-able.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 5:04 am

Pliio wrote:
You could be a sexist, argumentative, militant asshat who demonizes and devalues others for the protection of his own high-horsey game.

ironically, this is the exact discussion I had with someone just a few hours ago proving otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Pliio

Pliio

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 31 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 5:05 am

MiloTime wrote:
Pliio wrote:

ironically, this is the exact discussion I had with someone just a few hours ago proving otherwise.
How are you a sexist?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 31 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BAWW thread
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next