General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Minecraft: The Thread

Go down 
+9
Aurora_Dragon
Jesusfish
Spawts
MiloTime
Trey
Riv
blackfuredfox
greg-the-fox
Kaizy
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

Minecraft: The Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:22 am

What's so great about the villagers anyway? They're just mute squidwards who can't use their arms and they wander around aimlessly until they're murdered by zombies.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:24 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
What's so great about the villagers anyway? They're just mute squidwards who can't use their arms and they wander around aimlessly until they're murdered by zombies.

the main reason I didn't play minecraft before the village update was because of the feeling of isolation. I know they're practically useless, but it's knowing that there are people around me Okay.jpg
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:26 am

MiloTime wrote:
the main reason I didn't play minecraft before the village update was because of the feeling of isolation. I know they're practically useless, but it's knowing that there are people around me Okay.jpg

So get on a server, or stream it.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:29 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
MiloTime wrote:

my connection is too unstable.

besides, I've been on like, 20 servers. all of which stopped running after a week. nobody's dedicated enough to a server to keep it running for more than a few days
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

Humor : Sin

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:35 am

MiloTime wrote:
greg-the-fox wrote:
MiloTime wrote:

besides, I've been on like, 20 servers. all of which stopped running after a week. nobody's dedicated enough to a server to keep it running for more than a few days
I know theres furry servers around
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:37 am

Kaizy wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
greg-the-fox wrote:
MiloTime wrote:

I know theres furry servers around

oh?

you mean people who kick me out at the first site of the name "milo"?
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

Humor : Sin

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:39 am

MiloTime wrote:
oh?
I did some searching...that F-list place has a server
Thats a furry site right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:41 am

Kaizy wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
oh?
I did some searching...that F-list place has a server
Thats a furry site right?

I think so, oh yay.

*google f-list*

....fuck that
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:44 am

MiloTime wrote:
greg-the-fox wrote:

I really want to join this guy's server inglip

It's technically free and anyone can join but you have to submit applications and there's limited spaces so it's a lottery. It's pretty much as tough to get in as a real job interview, and your chances are even slimmer if you don't donate to him. It's pretty much the best of the best builders in minecraft there Not a single fuck wa I probably wouldn't stand a chance.
Back to top Go down
Aurora_Dragon

Aurora_Dragon

Humor : broken

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 6:20 am

I actually don't even bother with villages. I found one once when I first started playing, but I since my play/build styles devoped, I discovered I like being left alone when playing in a virtual world. But to each his own. If I want NPCs to talk to, I'll play Skyrim.
As of late, I've mostly been playing in creative, building a seaside mushroom village with a small, simple castle.
Back to top Go down
http://kareokelidescope.deviantart.com/
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 6:24 am

I can NOT stand creative mode, I don't know why. It just seems fake as hell. All the fun is completely taken out when you're just given infinite items and the ability to fly. And the world doesn't feel solid because everything you touch breaks immediately. I have to build legitly, it just feels more awesome. fuck yeah
Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 9:48 am

Milo, you have to install a mod to enter commands in single player mode.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/94310-125-single-player-commands-v322-official-download/

greg-the-fox wrote:
I can NOT stand creative mode, I don't know why. It just seems fake as hell. All the fun is completely taken out when you're just given infinite items and the ability to fly. And the world doesn't feel solid because everything you touch breaks immediately. I have to build legitly, it just feels more awesome. fuck yeah

Same here. Creative mode just seems pointless, without the frustration of creepers blowing everything up, the challenge of finding raw materials to work with, and the fear instilled by the noises of nearby mobs.
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 6:06 pm

so my friend is a minecraft junkie, and we talked about servers and stuff.

if you guys are dedicated to playing on a server, my friend me be able to help rent one on that multiplay game servers site.

or not
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 9:41 pm

MiloTime wrote:

if you guys are dedicated to playing on a server, my friend me be able to help rent one on that multiplay game servers site.

or not

My copy of Minecraft is not exactly legit (and definitely outdated)... So I'm automatically excluded from any server play.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 9:44 pm

Riv wrote:
MiloTime wrote:

or not

My copy of Minecraft is not exactly legit (and definitely outdated)... So I'm automatically excluded from any server play.

I know I'm not exactly the richest person around, but minecraft IS relatively cheap. I mean what, it's the price of an indie game? and it lasts long enough to get your money's worth.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 9:49 pm

MiloTime wrote:
I know I'm not exactly the richest person around, but minecraft IS relatively cheap. I mean what, it's the price of an indie game? and it lasts long enough to get your money's worth.

I know... I should buy it. I think at this point I've verified that I like the game enough that it's worth the cost... but it is thirty bucks... I haven't spent that much on a game since I was like, 11.

inglip
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 9:53 pm

Riv wrote:
MiloTime wrote:

I know... I should buy it. I think at this point I've verified that I like the game enough that it's worth the cost... but it is thirty bucks... I haven't spent that much on a game since I was like, 11.

inglip

$30?!

wow.... when I got it, it was $14 pokerface
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 9:58 pm

MiloTime wrote:
Riv wrote:
MiloTime wrote:

inglip

$30?!

Yeah, you probably bought it in beta, they were offering a better deal then. It's a fairly typical business model for indie games, helps support development costs by getting users to buy it way earlier than they normally would.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 10:04 pm

Riv wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
Riv wrote:
MiloTime wrote:

inglip

$30?!

Yeah, you probably bought it in beta, they were offering a better deal then. It's a fairly typical business model for indie games, helps support development costs by getting users to buy it way earlier than they normally would.

watch, as notch releases some DLC bullshit down the line. Not a single fuck wa (probably not, but weirder things have happened)
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 10:07 pm

MiloTime wrote:
watch, as notch releases some DLC bullshit down the line. Not a single fuck wa (probably not, but weirder things have happened)

I feel like (paid) DLC goes against the philosophy of Minecraft. Plus, there are so many mod developers out there (who, from what I've seen, work faster than Notch) that it would be a futile effort and any paid content would be quickly overtaken by free mods.

Of course, never underestimate the power of paid hats. Thousands of hats.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 4:36 pm

Redstone is practically useless... I just spent thirty minutes and dedicated ~50 square meters of space, just so I could have steel double-doors that can be opened with a switch on the inside or outside.

If only they made single-block logic gates, that would be wonderful.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 6:53 pm

THERE IS HOPE.

as much as I hate cheating, I spawned another villager. so yay, it doesn't feel so pointless playing minecraft now allthe
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

Humor : D is for lysdexia

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:27 pm

Riv wrote:
Redstone is practically useless... I just spent thirty minutes and dedicated ~50 square meters of space, just so I could have steel double-doors that can be opened with a switch on the inside or outside.

It all depends on how you use it. I have a powered rail yard and automatic doors. Im currently working on a bomb shelter with an obsidian outer wall, iron block ceilings to the drop tube, and down below its the same obsidian outer layer with a stone inner wall, floor,and ceiling. I really wanna download the atomic mod soon and put this bunker to the test. I really really wanna download industrial craft though.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:29 pm

blackfuredfox wrote:
Riv wrote:

It all depends on how you use it. I have a powered rail yard and automatic doors. Im currently working on a bomb shelter with an obsidian outer wall, iron block ceilings to the drop tube, and down below its the same obsidian outer layer with a stone inner wall, floor,and ceiling. I really wanna download the atomic mod soon and put this bunker to the test. I really really wanna download industrial craft though.

Oh, yeah, the powered rails are wonderful. I have over 1km of rails running under the ground, it's a lovely trip. It'd suck to have to keep getting out to push.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:32 pm

Riv wrote:

Lol you're doing it wrong, you can do that with such a small footprint trollface
Look up designs on youtube
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minecraft: The Thread
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next