General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Minecraft: The Thread

Go down 
+9
Aurora_Dragon
Jesusfish
Spawts
MiloTime
Trey
Riv
blackfuredfox
greg-the-fox
Kaizy
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 11:08 pm

greg-the-fox wrote:
I played skyblock a long time ago back when it was a bit different

It was interesting but got really fucking boring after I had to sit there grinding at the cobblestone generator forever to do anything. Completed all the challenges and everything.

I've got a pretty good cobblestone generator design going. Took me about five tries to make one that didn't evaporate the water or obsidianate my lava, but it works pretty fast and I have about a 75% success rate.

Apparently I'm supposed to go into the nether, but I've never been in there on a normal map, so I'm scared as fahk.
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 12:06 am

I think I'll start a new world, it's been so long it feels a little wrong to go back to my old one. It's been ages since I've played, I have to read the shit out of the wiki first. Gonna build so much epic shit

And on hard this time, I'm not going to be a little bitch, I'm going to face death like a man fuck yeah
(who am I kidding I'll probably be cowering from skeletons in like 5 minutes)
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 12:22 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
I think I'll start a new world, it's been so long it feels a little wrong to go back to my old one. It's been ages since I've played, I have to read the shit out of the wiki first. Gonna build so much epic shit

And on hard this time, I'm not going to be a little bitch, I'm going to face death like a man fuck yeah
(who am I kidding I'll probably be cowering from skeletons in like 5 minutes)

I started a new map a couple weeks ago... I had the most epic spawn point in a mountain biome. Right in front of me was this huge mesa that went almost all the way to the top of the map.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 3:32 am

no. fuck it. I'm staying in the same world for as long as I possibly can.

maybe one day, when I'm out exploring, looking for a new place to settle, I'll come across an old area I settled in.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 3:34 am

MiloTime wrote:

maybe one day, when I'm out exploring, looking for a new place to settle, I'll come across an old area I settled in.

I could just make a nether portal and then just venture really far, make another portal and end up in a new area, and bring all my shit with me in storage minecarts.
But I feel Minecraft gets too boring after you're too well off, starting over occasionally is good.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 3:47 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
MiloTime wrote:

I could just make a nether portal and then just venture really far, make another portal and end up in a new area, and bring all my shit with me in storage minecarts.
But I feel Minecraft gets too boring after you're too well off, starting over occasionally is good.

in a game like minecraft, having tons of items, and starting over aren't really that different (unless of course, you have 64 blocks of diamond and shit)

I guess I see it that way because I'm always packing up my shit, and moving to a different place, and in a sense, I pretty much have to start over. but that's because I never have the materials to create long ass rails and minecarts to store my chests, so I end up taking the necessities from my chest, and venturing out.... never to see the remaining items in my chest again Okay.jpg
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 3:54 am

MiloTime wrote:
in a game like minecraft, having tons of items, and starting over aren't really that different (unless of course, you have 64 blocks of diamond and shit)

I think I had several stacks of iron blocks and like a quarter stack of diamond blocks or something
But wtf am I gonna do with any of that, I just hoard it and then don't use it Not a single fuck wa

(and I've had way more in previous worlds too)
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 4:28 am

I started a new world, I spawned in a tiny desert that's bordered by forest, jungle, snow, and swamp biomes. There's a large cave system I've been exploring that goes from the surface down to the lava layer (still haven't found diamonds though)

I'm playing on hard, but I'm pretty much invincible with full iron armor on. Creeper explosions at nearly point blank range hardly do any damage. My iron sword is shit though, I really need an enchanted diamond one. And I have a bow but keep running out of arrows, luckily there are chickens nearby. I have a shitty cobblestone shack which I'm using as a storage room and planning to sleep in it when I find some fucking sheep so I can make a bed... it will NOT stop raining. There's a bunch of wolves but I can't tame any of them because they just keep eating all my bones Seriously?
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 11:06 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
I started a new world, I spawned in a tiny desert that's bordered by forest, jungle, snow, and swamp biomes. There's a large cave system I've been exploring that goes from the surface down to the lava layer (still haven't found diamonds though)

I'm playing on hard, but I'm pretty much invincible with full iron armor on. Creeper explosions at nearly point blank range hardly do any damage. My iron sword is shit though, I really need an enchanted diamond one. And I have a bow but keep running out of arrows, luckily there are chickens nearby. I have a shitty cobblestone shack which I'm using as a storage room and planning to sleep in it when I find some fucking sheep so I can make a bed... it will NOT stop raining. There's a bunch of wolves but I can't tame any of them because they just keep eating all my bones Seriously?

Neat map. I still haven't seen a snow biome outside of skyblock, and skyblock totally doesn't count.
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

Humor : D is for lysdexia

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 4:21 pm

Riv wrote:
greg-the-fox wrote:

Neat map. I still haven't seen a snow biome outside of skyblock, and skyblock totally doesn't count.
All my worlds always seem to spawn me in a snow biome. I've been wanting to spawn in something like a temperate are possibly near to a beach or lagoon. I love traveling though and finding a desert biome.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 4:28 pm

I always spawn in desert biomes.

anyway, is there a connection between villages and abandoned mineshafts? I've noticed twice in a row, that when I dug underground near a village, I ended up near mineshafts
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 4:57 pm

MiloTime wrote:
I always spawn in desert biomes.

anyway, is there a connection between villages and abandoned mineshafts? I've noticed twice in a row, that when I dug underground near a village, I ended up near mineshafts
That's peculiar. Maybe it means that the testificates used to belong to a religious cult seeking to unleash the deep ones. But after many an incident from the zombie guardians, skeletal archers and noble creeper the testificates stopped abandoning their quest til the dark one was sent to destroy the guardians and unleash hell on minecraft.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 11:04 pm

oh my lord.

I was mining downwards; not making a straight line down, but a sort of stairwell. then the corner of my eye caught a light blue dot, I slowly looked over, and saw it was diamond inglip

this is the first time I've come across diamond... it felt like a revelation. literally, as I was slowly turning around, I could sense something wonderful had happened. Mother Of God!
Back to top Go down
Taz

Taz

Humor : Suggestive, Dry, Sardonic

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 3:58 am

I got bored and was sad from deleting my minecraft folder when I reformatted. :c

Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 AuYsK
Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 HcZUS
Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 1atHu
Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 9ZFOr
Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 SoPaW
Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 CJycB
Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 9AOJN
Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 2HxQP
Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 J8Y3Q
Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 S9vCa
Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 BBEWq
Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Pak0l
Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Jc6pL
Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Sp3LY
Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Q5bH9
Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 OiocC
Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 LeBbC
Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 7cbYn
Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 E1MRQ
Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Cxnxm
Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 CkpLO
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 2:41 am

I just got ear cancer from this video
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 10:54 pm

I was playing technicc today and found myself narrating out of boredom. While playing I found a small village near the sea that I didn't particularly care for because of how wide and open it was. When night fell I was killed by a diamond skeleton while chasing a mysterious purple gem floating through the air leaving a smoke trail behind. When I respawned it was back near this abandoned building at night. I spotted a glow not to far so I investegated and found a lava pit with an iron deposit. After mining the shit outta that I went to a nearby village I spotted with testificates and made my new home there in a shack with 9 blocks for the floor.I started making somethings including an iron sword, a stone pick to accompany my other, a stone axe, and a screwdriver. Then I spotted a weird tower beind a tree on this ridgeline. Then I spotted it. It looked like a prison and when I got closer, I could see sentries upon the wall which had iron bars along it. All were fucking diamond skeletons. So I said fuck that until next time when I have more gear, minimum of all iron armor and iron equipment with a mess of potions and possibly enchant my shit too. This was all done in the span of maybe an hour.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 1:34 am

So I can't fullscreen Minecraft in on a second monitor? It just snaps the window back to my laptop screen. Also if I fullscreen it, I can't do anything with the second monitor because it just turns black. Man fuck Macs. Good for multitasking, my ass... I'll just maximize the window. I wanna see how well my framerate does when I stress my graphics card with say, a fullscreen HD youtube video playing alongside Minecraft in full settings.

Edit: well fuck, full screening youtube in HD makes my mouse go all crazy and disappear on the other screen, but I can still play Minecraft (except at like 10 fps lol) Having it play 480p in a large player, I can get a framerate of around 20-30, which is what I used to get at max settings. If the other screen is on but no video is playing, it's about the same as just one screen I think, so the problem is that my graphics card just can't handle video on two screens...

In one screen, with Minecraft full-screened and every setting on max, I can easily get upwards of 50-60 fps if I'm out in the open, around 100 if I'm in a cave or something and 150 standing still. Also keep in mind having F3 on significantly reduces framerate so it's actually even higher in normal gameplay. Hell, I got 60 fps in the RAIN. Holy SHIT.

God damn Jeb, great job fuck yeah My framerate used to be so choppy... although I am STILL getting these massive lag spikes, those are definitely still in the game Not a single fuck wa I guess maybe I should switch it off MaxFPS mode, maybe that will fix it. And I guess I can turn off OpenGL because I have no idea what it does and it looks exactly the same to me. I just have it on because before I wasn't able to run it at all without bringing my framerate to a grinding halt, and I just wanted to max out the graphics of ONE GAME on my computer, and for the first time ever have it run well.

So do you guys have awesome framerates as well?
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 9:49 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
So I can't fullscreen Minecraft in on a second monitor? It just snaps the window back to my laptop screen. Also if I fullscreen it, I can't do anything with the second monitor because it just turns black. Man fuck Macs. Good for multitasking, my ass... I'll just maximize the window. I wanna see how well my framerate does when I stress my graphics card with say, a fullscreen HD youtube video playing alongside Minecraft in full settings.

Well, that's not Apple's fault, the Minecraft devs are the ones who decided how that button would behave, and how fullscreen would limit the use of other screens. Properly coded software will maximize in the proper window. Of course, that's the appropriate behavior for fullscreen. The point of fullscreen is to dedicate the computer solely to one purpose, and thereby increase performance. Obviously, the proper solution is too much work, as you would have to take ten whole second of effort to manually place and resize the minecraft window on your second monitor, or you can go into your system preferences and change which monitor is the main one by opening your display preferences and dragging the menu bar from one monitor to the other one.

Quote :
Edit: well fuck, full screening youtube in HD makes my mouse go all crazy and disappear on the other screen, but I can still play Minecraft (except at like 10 fps lol) Having it play 480p in a large player, I can get a framerate of around 20-30, which is what I used to get at max settings. If the other screen is on but no video is playing, it's about the same as just one screen I think, so the problem is that my graphics card just can't handle video on two screens...
That's probably a consequence of the memory hog that is Flash player. If you were playing the video in, say, VLC, you'd probably get better performance.

Quote :
In one screen, with Minecraft full-screened and every setting on max, I can easily get upwards of 50-60 fps if I'm out in the open, around 100 if I'm in a cave or something and 150 standing still. Also keep in mind having F3 on significantly reduces framerate so it's actually even higher in normal gameplay. Hell, I got 60 fps in the RAIN. Holy SHIT.

God damn Jeb, great job fuck yeah My framerate used to be so choppy... although I am STILL getting these massive lag spikes, those are definitely still in the game Not a single fuck wa I guess maybe I should switch it off MaxFPS mode, maybe that will fix it. And I guess I can turn off OpenGL because I have no idea what it does and it looks exactly the same to me. I just have it on because before I wasn't able to run it at all without bringing my framerate to a grinding halt, and I just wanted to max out the graphics of ONE GAME on my computer, and for the first time ever have it run well.

So do you guys have awesome framerates as well?

I only tend to get lag spikes while underground and using the "far" render distance. With render distance set to normal, I get roughly 60 indoors, and 40-60 outdoors in a 1440x900 window (I just plain don't play fullscreen mode.)

Who else thinks that zombies attacking villagers should have a 10% chance of converting the villagers into zombies?
Back to top Go down
Taz

Taz

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 7:17 am

I got one o' them there Aych Dee texture packs. It's only a 32X but damn how I love it!
It's awesome, it's Glimmar's Steampunk pack, or whatever, and everything looks fucking bad ass.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 8:00 am

Taz wrote:
I got one o' them there Aych Dee texture packs. It's only a 32X but damn how I love it!
It's awesome, it's Glimmar's Steampunk pack, or whatever, and everything looks fucking bad ass.

Try out John Smith. I used to be more into texture packs but that is one of the the only ones I still think is beautiful and competes with default.
Back to top Go down
Taz

Taz

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 10:43 am

Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 3:39 am

You guys know about the 404 challenge? I started a similar map that this guy is playing

And yeah it's on hardcore. I failed to get any chickens from the eggs I gathered so I'll never be able to farm arrows unless I find a skeleton spawner... I built a base in the worst possible place, at the very bottom of the world, surrounded by water and lava. All the mobs in the game got washed down to right outside the walls and it was so fucking loud I couldn't hear some of my game sounds. It's better now that I lit some of the cave up but I very nearly died to a couple skeletons, I had to act quickly and wall myself in inglip
Man, hardcore mode is awesome fuck yeah
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 4:51 pm

my computer bluescreened last night while I was playing minecraft, and now my save file is gone.

this being the same save file since january....

edit: I see the save file is still in the appdata location folder, but I have no idea how to restore it...
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 6:19 pm

ok this is awesome:

I restored my corrupted save file, but I spawned in a default location, so there's no way I'm going to find my original spot. so I run around for an hour, and I see a large tower of wood blocks off in the distance, and I go up there to see that it was my original home (that got burnt down in a fire) that I used like, a year ago.

it's so weird to come across a place you settled in over a year ago...
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 7:50 pm

MiloTime wrote:
ok this is awesome:

I restored my corrupted save file, but I spawned in a default location, so there's no way I'm going to find my original spot. so I run around for an hour, and I see a large tower of wood blocks off in the distance, and I go up there to see that it was my original home (that got burnt down in a fire) that I used like, a year ago.

it's so weird to come across a place you settled in over a year ago...

That's what life was like for real people at some point in human history.

pokerface
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minecraft: The Thread   Minecraft: The Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minecraft: The Thread
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next