General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore

Go down 
+23
SirRob
Joeyyy
Wolf-Bone
Zaraphayx
Daisy The Bunny
Maya
Lunar
Aetius
Percy
Tank Abuse
greg-the-fox
Ouiji
Lucy
Riv
Kaizy
Zoe
Kaiser
blackfuredfox
Vega
Butterflygoddess
MiloTime
XoPachi
Lucan
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Lunar
Certified Muff-Diving Instructor
Lunar

Humor : I Dimmadon't give a shit.

General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore   General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 2:25 am

Gonna totally talk to this girl at work tomorrow. fuck yeah

Uh... Does anyone have any good conversation starters? pokerface
Back to top Go down
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore   General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 2:27 am

Lunar wrote:

"Nice tits, baby."
Back to top Go down
Zaraphayx

Zaraphayx

Humor : I am not funny sorry :[

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore   General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 2:27 am

MiloTime wrote:
Zaraphayx wrote:

It means something if you get into a top 10 college.

Otherwise no, your job experience is more important than anything else; the degree is just to get your foot in the door and distinguish you from people who don't have degrees.

Community college is dirt cheap and I didn't even need to apply for financial aid to get my 2-year degree; I got one scholarship.

how the hell do you get your foot in the door? I have no job experience. yes, I know this is extremely sad and pathetic, but I have in fact, been applying for jobs for over 3 years now, with no luck. so that's actually one of my biggest questions. how the HELL do you get a foot in the door if no one is willing to so much as open one for you to begin with? I mean to get even the simplest job, you need some form of experience. how can you get that if no one is willing to hire you?

You're talking to someone who has done odd jobs his entire life and never worked for a retail chain because I am quite frankly unhirable. I got my first job in high school because my mom runs a horse boarding property and one of her renters needed someone to work in their feed store.

The only thing that gets you in ultimately is knowing people or having a skill that is irreplaceable. If you're applying to places like grocery store chains and fast food restaurants they can pretty much choose whoever they like because they are always getting tons of applications; almost all of my friends were hired by those places because they knew someone who knew someone in management or because they are just the most people-y people people ever, have a winning smile, and know how to turn on the charm.

Annoying the living shit out of the hiring department and calling about the status of your application every week helps too.

I'm not gonna sugar coat it: if you have no marketable skills, no friends/relatives who can put in a good word, no education, and no prior experience you are gonna have a bad time.

I still say try a temp agency, barring that there are programs that will help you get employed through school if you go the community college route.

Last edited by Zaraphayx on Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

Lunar wrote:

"I'm a cow that needs to be milked. moo. MOO"?
Back to top Go down
Lunar
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore   General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 2:28 am

MiloTime wrote:
Lunar wrote:

"I'm a cow that needs to be milked. moo. MOO"?
I'm actually really tempted to use that. lol
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore   General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 2:31 am

Zaraphayx wrote:

I'm not gonna sugar coat it: if you have no marketable skills, no friends/relatives who can put in a good word, no education, and no prior experience you are gonna have a bad time.

you pretty much posted what I was going to post in this post lol.

yes, I quite literally, have not a single person who can put in a good word for me. no prior experience, no connections, nothing.

and that's what I hate. I've tried not to be envious of this, but all of my old friends had all of those things. I mean half of them had parents who own companies and basically set their children up for life. the rest have super awesome friends who hook them up with a shitty job. by the time it was my turn to have a connection, I... pretty much lost that one last connection
Back to top Go down
Lunar
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore   General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 2:35 am

It might be easier to look right now, since everywhere is hiring for the holidays. My interview where I work now, was supposed to be in three parts over a span of a few days. I was done in under an hour, save for the background check, and they called me right after they got the paperwork to come in for training. Employers get pretty desperate this time of year.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore   General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 2:38 am

shit.... I don't have a working phone. they were turned off a few days ago and I completely forgot about that.

SO.... there's THAT to add in the equation. without a phone, I can not get a call back.

wow...wow wow wow
Back to top Go down
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore   General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 2:45 am

I can't stop sneezing. ;.;
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore   General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 2:57 am

have I convinced you yet zaraphayx?
Back to top Go down
Tank Abuse

Tank Abuse

Humor : Exposed.

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore   General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 2:58 am

Lucy wrote:
I can't stop sneezing. ;.;

Diseased.

Back to top Go down
http://gman313.deviantart.com/
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore   General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 3:07 am

I have an irresistible urge to hug a certain someone.

that's gross. so I'll distract myself
Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

Humor : terrible

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore   General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 4:10 am

MiloTime wrote:
I have an irresistible urge to hug a certain someone.

that's gross. so I'll distract myself
That's not gross. What are you a germophobe?
Back to top Go down
Ouiji

Ouiji

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore   General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 6:28 am

MiloTime wrote:

I've done exactly that. but here's the thing. you need proof. you need a reference to tell these people that you do in fact, have experience in this area.

First off, both photos are cool and I love that second photo lol. Secondly, have you done any volunteer work, any at all. They can provide useful references, and most don't require any experience at all. After that, you can volunteer at a place your interested in to get experience if they don't want to hire you right away. I know both parts of this plan lack an income, but you'll be getting an important part of the solution and hopefully you'll break the cycle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ouiji/
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

Humor : Sin

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore   General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 8:04 am

XoPachi wrote:
DAMN CoD is hard to be good at.
For Black Ops 2:

Step 1: Get shotgun
Step 2: Get to Lv 55
Step 3: Equip Ghost and Dead Silence
Step 4: Rush like a motherfucker
Step 5: ???
Step 6: PROFIT?!

EDIT: Oh yeah, and play Hardcore mode, regular modes are for pansies who like hiding in corners while their health regenerates
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

Humor : Decompression sickness

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore   General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 11:01 am

Learn to boss the FAL like I do.

How is everybunny?
Back to top Go down
Ouiji

Ouiji

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore   General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 11:07 am

Good this morning, ready for work. Hopefully no surprises await me, and I get to leave on time today. Four day Thanksgiving and birthday weekend, woo!
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ouiji/
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore   General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 11:09 am

Ah, neat.

I hope my throat gets better soon. I want to eat delicious things.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore   General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 12:21 pm

Daisy The Bunny wrote:
Ah, neat.

What happened to your throat? Did you damage it by laughing too hard at Zaraphayx yesterday?
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore   General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 12:33 pm

Riv wrote:
What happened to your throat? Did you damage it by laughing too hard at Zaraphayx yesterday?
I've just had an extremely sore throat for about a week now. My tongue has cuts on it it.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore   General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 12:36 pm

Daisy The Bunny wrote:
Riv wrote:
I've just had an extremely sore throat for about a week now. My tongue has cuts on it it.

Well, shit.

I can't help but ask, did the cat literally get your tongue?
Back to top Go down
Lunar
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore   General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 1:36 pm

I actually made an account on a dating website.

pokerface
Back to top Go down
Zoe
I <3 Tentacles
Zoe

Humor : Consentacles

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore   General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 2:34 pm

Doodoo dodo dodo dodododo too many doses and a dodododododododo... pokerface
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore   General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 3:19 pm

Zoe wrote:
Doodoo dodo dodo dodododo too many doses and a dodododododododo... pokerface

Speaking of doo doo doo doo...

Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore   General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 3:39 pm

Riv wrote:
Daisy The Bunny wrote:
Ah, neat.

What did Zaraphayx say or do that's so funny? I can't be arsed to sift through however many pages it was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore   General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Time Wasting Thread 29: Gangnam Style Remixes Galore
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next