General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Random game comments thread: Level 2

Go down 
+15
The Fur
Maya
Tank Abuse
Kaiser
Lucan
Lucy
blackfuredfox
Daisy The Bunny
Kaizy
MiloTime
Wolf-Bone
XoPachi
Zoe
greg-the-fox
Riv
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 3:17 am

Got pretty close to the end of Obscure: The Aftermath and after throwing my hands up with some horror-game conventions even more dated than the graphics (the part where it takes all your weapons from you and forces you to run through gauntlets of monsters) on top of an irritatingly obtuse puzzle, I said fuck this shit and decided to give the original Obscure a spin.

I'm not very far into it but I'm already starting to remember why I prefer the original over the sequel. It does almost everything better, from the characters' skills, to the map (which the sequel doesn't even have), to the partner system, and the use of light as a highlight not only graphically but as a component of combat. The humanoid "zombie" type characters are the creepiest (they're absent from the sequel for some reason) and they, as well as the other enemy types make dramatic, often startling entrances, smashing through windows or even entire walls. In The Aftermath they kind of just spawn around you out of thin(ly gas-filled) air.

If playing single player you actually have some control over your partner through commands to switch between shooting and melee, help with certain tasks or to wait in a certain spot while you attend to other things. You can also fast travel to wherever the rest of your group is.

Even the story and characters are better.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 7:40 pm

"greg go die in a hole"
lol

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 7:45 pm

I never understood how someone could possibly have that good of a k/d ratio. if I'm lucky, I'll even both out, but 30/3... that makes no sense
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 7:47 pm

MiloTime wrote:
I never understood how someone could possibly have that good of a k/d ratio. if I'm lucky, I'll even both out, but 30/3... that makes no sense

The other team was just reaaaaly bad I guess. And I was spawnkilling them a lot because the map is tiny Not a single fuck wa (not on purpose, but I'm not going to miss a chance to get kills)
But yeah, I had the best streak I've ever gotten against real people, I lost count but it was probably around 25, which is like twice what is normally the best I can do. I died right before the end of the match.

But yeah, this is not normal for me, I'm not that good.
Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

Humor : terrible

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 8:16 pm

I'm just not too crazy about BL:R. It's a cool game and all, but I never go back to it.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 9:29 pm

Lucan wrote:
I'm just not too crazy about BL:R. It's a cool game and all, but I never go back to it.

Yeah it gets boring really fast
But at least I have friends there
I'm playing with my clan leader more and he said I should scrim with him sometime allthe
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

Humor : Anything

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 11:26 pm

I just like it because it's essentially everything about Call of Duty and way more for free. But nothing can be better than Tribes. I LOVE that fucking game.
Back to top Go down
http://xopachi.tumblr.com/
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 11:39 pm

I just stopped enjoying online games in general a long time ago. I've been fooling myself for so long, thinking I'd genuinely enjoy another online game one day, but it's all the same now. only difference now is that people divide themselves up into fanboys, and wage war against other fanboys, claiming their online game is better than the other.

when really, it's the same thing, with new textures.
Back to top Go down
Tank Abuse

Tank Abuse

Humor : Exposed.

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 11:48 pm

MiloTime wrote:
I just stopped enjoying online games in general a long time ago. I've been fooling myself for so long, thinking I'd genuinely enjoy another online game one day, but it's all the same now. only difference now is that people divide themselves up into fanboys, and wage war against other fanboys, claiming their online game is better than the other.

when really, it's the same thing, with new textures.

Those are the people you shoot in the face.

And then if you're good enough, you trashtalk their stats.

It's real simple to be an online gamer milo.
Back to top Go down
http://gman313.deviantart.com/
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 11:51 pm

Tank Abuse wrote:

my stats are basically 1k/30d

every match. every game
Back to top Go down
Tank Abuse

Tank Abuse

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 12:02 am

MiloTime wrote:
Tank Abuse wrote:

every match. every game

Can't win them all lol
Back to top Go down
Maya

Maya

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 12:15 am

Tank Abuse wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
Tank Abuse wrote:

every match. every game

Can't win them all lol
I wanna be the very best
Like no one ever was
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/egregrious
XoPachi

XoPachi

Humor : Anything

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 12:25 am

You know Milo...there are other online games besides face shooters.
Back to top Go down
http://xopachi.tumblr.com/
Maya

Maya

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 12:52 am

XoPachi wrote:
Yeah. Get Impossible Creatures and hook up with what's left of the community

That or join an IC steam group
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 12:53 am

XoPachi wrote:

...that would be your queue to give actual examples
Back to top Go down
Maya

Maya

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 12:54 am

MiloTime wrote:
XoPachi wrote:

Read my post
Back to top Go down
Monochrome Kanon

Monochrome Kanon

Humor : Maybe

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 12:55 am

I can't tell if I'm terribleawfulbad at Injustice or if it's just that the slightest of delays can really fuck up my combos. I have a win ratio of 88/87 in player matches :I
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/monochromekanon/
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 1:08 am

Greg wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
XoPachi wrote:

Read my post

well I see where you're going with that. RTS games are alright.

I think the problem is, I'm stuck in a loop of never being satisfied with online games anymore. last online game I truly enjoyed was RE: outbreak. and they closed servers years ago. it was a mixture of puzzle-solving, genuine co op play (not just "I'mma go ahead and abandon you while I kill everything), and the kind of action that suited my tastes.

but that was the kind of game with an acquired taste. my point being, I generally like co op games (not team deathmatch), and more slow-paced stuff. I like working with other people to defend yourself.

my dream online game would be co op, arsenal customization, possible fortifying, puzzle solving, story driven, or at least not match based where you kill a certain number of enemies, but rather progress together to reach a goal. I like inventory systems, and possibly even the concept of sharing items, or combining items to progress through the level. I especially like the concept of having to help your teammate when he's injured, rather than just pressing a button to revive him. I mean he falls to the floor, you have to pick him up and heal him with possible items you've gathered.

most of what I've described IS in fact, RE: outbreak.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 1:08 am

There are only 2 kinds of games. FPS and MMOs. Pick one (or play a hybrid like Planetside)
Everything else is irrelevant Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
Maya

Maya

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 1:19 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
There are only 2 kinds of games. FPS and MMOs. Pick one (or play a hybrid like Planetside)
Or reinstall Deus Ex.
Back to top Go down
Tank Abuse

Tank Abuse

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 1:49 am

greg-the-fox wrote:

MMOs can go suck a fat one.
Back to top Go down
Monochrome Kanon

Monochrome Kanon

Humor : Maybe

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 2:02 am

Tank Abuse wrote:

Kiss me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/monochromekanon/
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 2:13 am

greg-the-fox wrote:

no thanks.

although every year or so, I'd pick up maplestory over and over
Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

Humor : terrible

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 2:50 am

I've been playing a bunch of Starcraft 2 and Company of Heroes with my friends. Typically we play vs. the bots because we're terrible and feel as bad a we should about it.
Okay.jpg
Back to top Go down
Tank Abuse

Tank Abuse

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 5:04 am

Monochrome Kanon wrote:
Tank Abuse wrote:

Kiss me.

Oh bby.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random game comments thread: Level 2
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next