General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Random game comments thread: Level 2

Go down 
+15
The Fur
Maya
Tank Abuse
Kaiser
Lucan
Lucy
blackfuredfox
Daisy The Bunny
Kaizy
MiloTime
Wolf-Bone
XoPachi
Zoe
greg-the-fox
Riv
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
XoPachi

XoPachi

Humor : Anything

Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:58 am

^fagut
Back to top Go down
http://xopachi.tumblr.com/
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 8:58 pm

Been wondering something lately. After playing both Obscure games pretty much to completion, both are budget games, but the sequel, I'm guessing, had an even lower budget. And part of the reason for that is because while the first game's cutscenes and dialogue were amusingly cheezy, in the second they're mostly just plain bad. But how does writing and voice acting work? Is it just expected of writers and voice artists that they won't perform above their pay grade? Is there some specific rule in the industry against doing as well as you're capable of if you're not paid a certain amount?
Back to top Go down
Azure

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:23 pm

Tank Abuse wrote:
greg-the-fox wrote:
There are only 2 kinds of games. FPS and MMOs. Pick one (or play a hybrid like Planetside)
Everything else is irrelevant Not a single fuck wa

MMOs can go suck a fat one.
this gives me a boner
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 10:18 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
Been wondering something lately. After playing both Obscure games pretty much to completion, both are budget games, but the sequel, I'm guessing, had an even lower budget. And part of the reason for that is because while the first game's cutscenes and dialogue were amusingly cheezy, in the second they're mostly just plain bad. But how does writing and voice acting work? Is it just expected of writers and voice artists that they won't perform above their pay grade? Is there some specific rule in the industry against doing as well as you're capable of if you're not paid a certain amount?

That warrants it's own thread, I feel. I have no clue what goes behind that and it'd be interesting to find out. You should research that, cuz that's a good head scratcher.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 1:35 am

And one of my characters in the new game+ I started in Obscure just died
It just had to be Stan, the wigger with mad lockpickin' skillz
we was just cruisin' through tha high school solvin' puzzles n shit
and these zombie muthafuckaz roll up on us like 5 deep
RIP Stan. I'mma make sho yo tombstone reads what you said when we met
and what I know you gonna say when you get to heaven
"Yo, everythang I see up in this piece is wack!"
Back to top Go down
Monochrome Kanon

Monochrome Kanon

Humor : Maybe

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 2:21 am

Still think Eternal Darkness would be the only thing I'd play on the Gamecube if I had that console.
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/monochromekanon/
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 2:27 am

Monochrome Kanon wrote:
Still think Eternal Darkness would be the only thing I'd play on the Gamecube if I had that console.

Eternal Darkness is on my to-buy list for when I get some steady income
like, I'd buy that before I'd buy some of the newer games on that list
but I don't get how you could be a fan of RE and not want REmake and RE0
I'm assuming you've played RE4 on another console or on PC
Back to top Go down
Monochrome Kanon

Monochrome Kanon

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 2:40 am

Played RE4 and both Outbreaks on the PS2. I played Code Veronica on the 360 and I thought it was bleh.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 2:59 am

I'm oblivious to most everything technology, but I KNOW there are people capable of making their own games. even online games. steam greenlight is proving this.

I think instead of trying to find a way to bring back the RE: outbreak servers, someone should just essentially re-create an RE:outbreak game, and add online functionality.

I'm sorry, I just miss playing that game online.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 9:41 am

I found an in-browser fps that's like a CoD ripoff
http://www.kongregate.com/games/tfender/contract-wars
No sprinting, walkspeed is painfully slow, maps are tiny, some weird mouse acceleration in full screen, scopes are terribad, magazines are small and reloads are painful, but other than that it's moderately enjoyable. You have to create an account at kongregate to play it though. I got 15/28 in deathmatch (3rd place). Only died so much because there were two high level guys who kept kicking my ass. (oh and I could hardly see anything in the dark)

Headshots are like ridiculously easy to get when hipfiring. I don't see any reason to scope, ever. The scope on whatever gun I had (some smg) had like crazy zoom so it was impossible to use.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 11:49 am

I want a multiplayer fps that takes place in zero gravity, like that part inside the buried alien ship in Crysis 1. Except I want full X Y and Z axis movement and rotation with jet thrusters. Think how fucking hardcore that would be.

Playing that shit with the Oculus Rift and surround sound would be godly.
Back to top Go down
Monochrome Kanon

Monochrome Kanon

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 12:58 pm

Turns out you can only use Lobo online against other people who bought the character. Like, what the fuck. Why would they do it like that? It better be temporal.
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 2:24 pm

There was supposed an online sidescrolling shooter/rpg, but the devs were so lazy they just gave up on it. I assume it's laziness because they didn't even give a reason. Not even a "due to difficulties" sort of thing.

That game could have been cool. :<
Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

Humor : terrible

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 2:26 pm

Monochrome Kanon wrote:
Turns out you can only use Lobo online against other people who bought the character. Like, what the fuck. Why would they do it like that? It better be temporal.

Didn't MK9 solve that issue? They updated the game so you had the characters data, but couldn't use them unless you bought the DLC.
Back to top Go down
Monochrome Kanon

Monochrome Kanon

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 5:35 pm

Lucan wrote:
Monochrome Kanon wrote:

Didn't MK9 solve that issue? They updated the game so you had the characters data, but couldn't use them unless you bought the DLC.

Well they're not doing it now! Not in Injustice, that is. Better fix what's not only not broken, but a perfectly good idea too Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 6:20 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:

LOL!! What was THAT!? XD
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 9:03 pm

XoPachi wrote:
LOL!! What was THAT!? XD

Um, what? Why are you replying to the same post twice?
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 10:45 pm

OH SHIT! I'm sorry. I don't know how that happened. I meant to respond to this:

(And one of my characters in the new game+ I started in Obscure just died
"Yo, everythang I see up in this piece is wack!")

I thought it was funny.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 11:12 pm

XoPachi wrote:
OH SHIT! I'm sorry. I don't know how that happened. I meant to respond to this:

(And one of my characters in the new game+ I started in Obscure just died
"Yo, everythang I see up in this piece is wack!")

I thought it was funny.

Oh, yeah. Stan is one of the 5 students from the school Obscure is set in/around. He's a stereotypical wigger, and like most wiggers, drops the accent, slang and bravado the moment he's faced with any real danger. But it's still hilarious in his lil' intro cutscene the way he's oblivious to all the obvious signs that something seriously wrong has happened, like the blood and holes all over the walls and floors, the screams and tremors, the sound of glass smashing and heavy debris falling everywhere. None of it phases Stan at first, because everything he sees up in this piece is whack. Just another day in the 'hood for a G like Stan.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 11:40 pm

Finally played a perfect game

Spoiler:

I picked up my old burstfire rifle, the gun I pretty much learned this game on, and just owned faces. Well having a shotgun helped a lot too.
Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

Humor : terrible

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 12:54 am

Back to top Go down
Kaiser

Kaiser

Humor : Thoughtful

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 1:03 am

Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 2:12 am

Is there any specific reason why getting stuff in Planetside is impossible? And what's the point of leveling up? You don't get anything.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 2:56 am

XoPachi wrote:
Is there any specific reason why getting stuff in Planetside is impossible? And what's the point of leveling up? You don't get anything.

Are you playing with a platoon? Rolling with a zerg really helps with the certs. If you're not great at shooting, play as a medic and hide behind a wall of human shields and constantly farm XP off of them. If you're feeling brave, do the same thing as an engineer with tanks/MAXes. Or just go on a deserted continent in an ESF and ghost cap everything. (except it's been crazy active lately so kind of hard to ghost cap)
Back to top Go down
Monochrome Kanon

Monochrome Kanon

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 2:11 pm

Lucan wrote:

http://survivetheforest.com/

I literally thought it was the Man vs. Wild video game for a minute.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random game comments thread: Level 2
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next