General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Random game comments thread: Level 2

Go down 
+15
The Fur
Maya
Tank Abuse
Kaiser
Lucan
Lucy
blackfuredfox
Daisy The Bunny
Kaizy
MiloTime
Wolf-Bone
XoPachi
Zoe
greg-the-fox
Riv
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
XoPachi

XoPachi

Humor : Anything

Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 10:28 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
XoPachi wrote:
Is there any specific reason why getting stuff in Planetside is impossible? And what's the point of leveling up? You don't get anything.

Are you playing with a platoon? Rolling with a zerg really helps with the certs. If you're not great at shooting, play as a medic and hide behind a wall of human shields and constantly farm XP off of them. If you're feeling brave, do the same thing as an engineer with tanks/MAXes. Or just go on a deserted continent in an ESF and ghost cap everything. (except it's been crazy active lately so kind of hard to ghost cap)

I'd probably have to do one of those because VR SUCKS. Their "heavy assault" doesn't do any damage and they die in an instant. Even the MAX dies extremely too fast and doesn't do much to enemies.
Back to top Go down
http://xopachi.tumblr.com/
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 10:55 am

XoPachi wrote:
I'd probably have to do one of those because VR SUCKS. Their "heavy assault" doesn't do any damage and they die in an instant. Even the MAX dies extremely too fast and doesn't do much to enemies.

Well if you're spending all your time in VR that's why you're not getting certs Not a single fuck wa
Don't waste your time messing around there, just use it to test out weapons and learn to fly

Heavy assaults are really powerful once you upgrade the armor and shields. You can also get a medic kit to keep you alive longer too (I prefer having C4)

You can also play the medic like a heavy assault. It's a very effective class for lone-wolfing because you can heal yourself and the medic's assault rifles are some of the best guns in the game. Use the nano regen device like you would a heavy shield so you can absorb more damage. If you team up with an engineer you can also have unlimited ammo. Bring a burster MAX along in a harasser and you have a super team.
Back to top Go down
Zoe
I <3 Tentacles
Zoe

Humor : Consentacles

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 11:42 am

I don't hate Bidoof.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 9:40 pm

greg-the-fox wrote:
XoPachi wrote:

Well if you're spending all your time in VR that's why you're not getting certs Not a single fuck wa
Don't waste your time messing around there, just use it to test out weapons and learn to fly

Heavy assaults are really powerful once you upgrade the armor and shields. You can also get a medic kit to keep you alive longer too (I prefer having C4)

You can also play the medic like a heavy assault. It's a very effective class for lone-wolfing because you can heal yourself and the medic's assault rifles are some of the best guns in the game. Use the nano regen device like you would a heavy shield so you can absorb more damage. If you team up with an engineer you can also have unlimited ammo. Bring a burster MAX along in a harasser and you have a super team.

How do you even get armor upgrades? And how many certs do you even have?
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 11:22 pm

XoPachi wrote:
How do you even get armor upgrades? And how many certs do you even have?

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428047126283943505/stats
(most of these stats are garbage because it also counts fucking around in VR)

3,319 total certification points earned over a period of 119 hours. Yeah, it's a slow grind. I feel like it's gotten a lot faster than when I started. Especially since you now get ribbons which give a TON of XP. Ribbons are basically rewards you get after doing a certain number of things (kills with a certain weapon, small/large outpost capture/defense, repair/healing, etc) They're basically handing out certs compared to how it used to be.

You unlock things in the certification menu, but then (THIS IS IMPORTANT BUT THEY TELL YOU NOWHERE) you have to go and actually EQUIP the items you unlocked in either the classes or vehicles menus. You can have 3 different loadouts per class/vehicle.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

Humor : Sin

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 1:10 am

Killing Floor is buggy as fuck and it successfully pissed me off today
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 1:52 am

I'm playing Resident Evil Outbreak again
the loadtimes not withstanding, it's still fun
and incredibly intense on the harder modes
the NPC skins certainly make things interesting
it's cool to play as a Kevin type who starts with a first aid spray
or a firefighter who has George's medicine kit
I seem to have a lot of George types unlocked for some reason
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 2:34 am

Wolf-Bone wrote:
I'm playing Resident Evil Outbreak again
the loadtimes not withstanding, it's still fun
and incredibly intense on the harder modes
the NPC skins certainly make things interesting
it's cool to play as a Kevin type who starts with a first aid spray
or a firefighter who has George's medicine kit
I seem to have a lot of George types unlocked for some reason

I still remember one of my last multiplayer matches in outbreak #2. it was "End of the road" scenario. before the last boss, one of the players missed the jump across the roof and wasn't able to lift himself up, so he died. so just three left. then the tyrant came, and destroyed us one by one. it took about 15 minutes of nonstop shooting at him with our strongest weapons, only for him to knock everyone else but me down (danger state where they're lying on the ground) and SOMEHOW, I managed to deliver the last blow with a pistol shot (I had like, 3 bullets left) and after he died, I individually picked up the last of my teammates, and left in the cargo truck.

I felt like a hero...
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 6:48 am

Kaizy wrote:

I noticed you "started playing" it like half a dozen times Not a single fuck wa
Did it keep crashing?
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

Humor : Sin

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 7:13 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
Kaizy wrote:

Did it keep crashing?
No it reset all my perks and I tried about 50 different ways of trying to restore them, and it took me almost 2 hours to do it
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 11:45 am

So my friend gave me Solatorobo as a gift and not to be a dick I accepted it without saying anything.

I sold this game a month ago and got it right back. ;-;
Nother $15 for me then! Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 4:51 pm

I'm done with school for the semester but I can't get used to having time now
I just played blacklight for half an hour and got bored, now I have to find something else to occupy my day pokerface
I used to be able to play this game for like 4 hours straight, I guess I'm just sick of it
Back to top Go down
Zoe
I <3 Tentacles
Zoe

Humor : Consentacles

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 5:45 pm

I got Pokemon White today (my youngest sibling has Black). I just beat Striation Gym.
Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

Humor : terrible

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 6:04 pm

Kaizy wrote:
greg-the-fox wrote:
Kaizy wrote:

Did it keep crashing?
No it reset all my perks and I tried about 50 different ways of trying to restore them, and it took me almost 2 hours to do it
Red Orchestra 2 is buggy as well. Tripwire make good games, but they don't run the greatest.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 6:09 pm

I want to like QUBE, but it's boring pokerface
The puzzles are still good though
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 7:08 pm

greg-the-fox wrote:
I'm done with school for the semester but I can't get used to having time now
I just played blacklight for half an hour and got bored, now I have to find something else to occupy my day pokerface
I used to be able to play this game for like 4 hours straight, I guess I'm just sick of it

Get Star Conflict.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 9:02 pm

Either I'm getting good at Planetside or the TR is just really shit today Not a single fuck wa
I took down so many aircraft megusta So many...
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 9:15 pm

I've noticed lately you describe your gaming experiences as if it were a sexual experience.
Back to top Go down
Tank Abuse

Tank Abuse

Humor : Exposed.

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 10:41 pm

I think all of Greg's gaming experiences are sexual experiences. :v
Back to top Go down
http://gman313.deviantart.com/
Lucan

Lucan

Humor : terrible

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 10:44 pm

Speaking of getting good at games. My and a friend of mine have gotten pretty damn good at Red Orchestra and CoH. Playing both back to back is a good mix of WWII simulation.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 11:39 pm

MiloTime wrote:
I've noticed lately you describe your gaming experiences as if it were a sexual experience.

Brain chemicals Not a single fuck wa
Games are designed to be like crack... I'm addicted I guess

I played a game of deathmatch in BLR and I like barely won at the last second with a headshot and I felt like I just scored a touchdown in the superbowl for like 5 seconds
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 11:43 pm

do you pre-cum after every kill streak?

I think I did once
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 12:17 am

still playing Resident Evil Outbreak
it's to the point I can S-rank some levels
only with certain characters, but still!
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 12:28 am

MiloTime wrote:
do you pre-cum after every kill streak?

I think I did once

No Seriously?

More than half the time I end up frustrated and ragequit, like I did just now
Gah at least with Blacklight it's pretty predictable, but with Planetside 2 it can either go really well or just terribly and totally waste my time.

Oh man, but only a little over 100 certs to go until I can max out my medic tool and revive people at 100% health. That will be so nice. 500 certs is totally worth not having to wait around and hold everyone's hand and kiss their boo-boos Not a single fuck wa Being a medic feels like dealing with children a lot of the time, because people are fucking stupid and repeatedly run in front of firing teammates and in front of enemy spawnrooms and get raped, and then we medics farm the shit out of them like cattle. There are actually so many damn medics running around it's so hard to find people to res without 5 other medics trying to res them...

You know, this whole game feels like people furiously jerking each other off and doing coke off each other's nipples. I really hate the cert system.
Back to top Go down
Tank Abuse

Tank Abuse

Humor : Exposed.

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 2:39 am

Wolf-Bone wrote:
still playing Resident Evil Outbreak
it's to the point I can S-rank some levels
only with certain characters, but still!

S-rank?

No life.
Back to top Go down
http://gman313.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random game comments thread: Level 2
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next