General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Random game comments thread: Level 2

Go down 
+15
The Fur
Maya
Tank Abuse
Kaiser
Lucan
Lucy
blackfuredfox
Daisy The Bunny
Kaizy
MiloTime
Wolf-Bone
XoPachi
Zoe
greg-the-fox
Riv
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Tank Abuse

Tank Abuse

Humor : Exposed.

Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 2:34 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
that's another reason I don't really bother with multiplayer games anymore. they ALWAYS die, and they die SO fast. by the time you level up just enough, you're basically the only one who still plays.

I will still try to unlock as much stuff as possible before it dies Not a single fuck wa
By the way, I have rocket pods for my scythe in PS2 megusta FINALLY I can stand a chance against ground targets, and defend myself in air a little bit better too.

Got tired of those tankers making you sit huh lol
Back to top Go down
http://gman313.deviantart.com/
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 3:53 am

I'm not quite done with Castlevania Chronicles yet
in fact I found out the other day there's hidden pot roasts all over the place
but I felt like playing RE4 HD so long story short
over the course of 3 days I beat normal and professional modes
beat Separate Ways, which was a total blast
and unlocked all the Mercenaries characters
still have to get 5 stars with every character though
yes, that's on every map if i want the handcannon
I unlocked every other weapon besides that
and the alternate costumes too
Back to top Go down
Tank Abuse

Tank Abuse

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 4:09 am

Wolf-Bone wrote:

Find all that meat.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 4:21 am

Playing hardcore where half of each team is bots = giant ego Not a single fuck wa
4K/D? No sweat lol
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

Humor : Anything

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 4:30 am

This is all there was to show...

Then again, knowing it was going to be made by the people who did Spec Ops the Line, it probably would have been utter shit, but I'd take the chance.
Back to top Go down
http://xopachi.tumblr.com/
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 4:42 am

Tank Abuse wrote:
Wolf-Bone wrote:

Find all that meat.

indeed. it's not a very long game on paper
but there's so many enemies and traps all at once
every time you lose a life, you restart two stages back
each level has probably 4 or 5 stages
lose all your lives, you have to start the level over
so basically you can easily spend all day on one level
just like in the old days
Back to top Go down
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 5:15 am

My friend played Castlevania to level 99 and recorded the entire ordeal.

For those of you who don't know, Castlevania loops if you keep playing it after you beat it, starting you off on the first level, though the level number is higher. Each playthrough gets harder and harder.

Level 99. Castlevania. Ow.

EDIT: And this was on a legitimate NES, so that means he had to do it WITHOUT TURNING OFF THE FUCKING THING. Good lord.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

Humor : Sin

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 6:31 am

XoPachi wrote:
"Books often contain nothing more than a good story and/or good characters, and people don't hate on books. Sure, a video game can offer more than just story and characters, but it may already have everything that would make a book entertaining to read, so the game itself should be, well, entertaining to read, and thus the player should already be pleased. Anything else, gameplay, music, etc is just bonus. Its more stuff for the player to enjoy. In some games the gameplay may actually get in the way of the story, keeping you from learning what happens next. And without a good story, the gameplay itself may not feel well tied together."

I will KILL someone. I cannot believe this was just said to me. .-.
This is true for story-focused games
Its a very genre-biased criticism

Yes, games that have a story should try to make a really good engaging story and not just make a piss poor excuse for a story covered up with the shiny cosmetic jewels that are high-end graphics, but some games dont really need much story to make the gameplay fun and memorable. Look at Super Mario 64, that game has a really straight-to-the-point story that doesnt have any depth to it, but it doesnt need to because the gameplay is fucking fun as hell, its memorable and an instant classic.

On the other end, a game like Amnesia or Penumbra, games that are much more story driven, they dont need fancy over-the-top gameplay mechanics or flashy bullshit, they just have an interesting story and atmosphere, and the gameplay is just molded into it. Its not heavily gameplay focused, but not so much that it becomes boring because the story is good enough to make you want to keep playing to see what happens.
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 8:37 am

What is it with me, when I play any moderately scary game I have to quicksave constantly pokerface
Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 11:18 am

MiloTime wrote:
that's another reason I don't really bother with multiplayer games anymore. they ALWAYS die, and they die SO fast. by the time you level up just enough, you're basically the only one who still plays.

And that, children, is why you should never get into games that require leveling up.

Level-up, or 'play-to-win' games, are designed to make a huge profit quickly after release by forcing players to play competitively and continuously. They aren't concerned with making a game that will stand the test of time because they're relying on tried-and-true methods for taking advantage of the human brain's weak spots, getting us all to overplay the game until we're sick of it.

If a game puts everyone on roughly equal footing, and requires you to get by on cleverness and actual skill, people will play it for longer and not get burned out on it as quickly.
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 10:27 pm

Time for the old Pachi to come out of Borderlands 2 retirement.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 10:41 pm

XoPachi wrote:
Time for the old Pachi to come out of Borderlands 2 retirement.
WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 10:47 pm

I just took down a weakened Liberator with 1 shot from my Magrider
This is what I see

Surface to Air Damage
Liberator Kill
Group Kill Bonus
Roadkill Bonus

fuck yeah

There might have been a high threat/extreme menace kill bonus in there too

Last edited by greg-the-fox on Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 10:50 pm

That video was hilarious.
"PUNCH HIM SO HARD HE EXPLODES!!!"

HE ACTUALLY EXPLODED!!!
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 11:08 pm

Im still working through the Sir Hammerlock DLC and have yet to start the Mr. Torgue DLC

I did finish almost all of Captain Scarlett's campaign, all except Hyperius because hes a bitch to take on alone
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 11:21 pm

Kaizy wrote:
Im still working through the Sir Hammerlock DLC and have yet to start the Mr. Torgue DLC

I did finish almost all of Captain Scarlett's campaign, all except Hyperius because hes a bitch to take on alone

What you do, is get a 2 Flakkers, a Quasar, Bee Shield, and Gunzerker. Takes FOREVER, but that's how I killed Hyperius. I was trying to solo Master Gee before I retired, but he's extremely difficult. Makes Hyperius look like Pyro Pete.
Back to top Go down
Tank Abuse

Tank Abuse

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 11:23 pm

Pachi's 3000th post is video game advice.

Epic.
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 12:33 am

I like how I didn't even realize I hit 3000.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 1:23 am

XoPachi wrote:
Kaizy wrote:

What you do, is get a 2 Flakkers, a Quasar, Bee Shield, and Gunzerker. Takes FOREVER, but that's how I killed Hyperius. I was trying to solo Master Gee before I retired, but he's extremely difficult. Makes Hyperius look like Pyro Pete.
I did hear you could do it with a high power singularity grenade, Zero's Deception and Bore ability and a high level Torgue handgun
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 1:35 am

That high level Torgue handgun would be a Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold. You have to use that one. No other prefix will cut it and you especially can't use the Pocket Rocket. That strategy is a preferred method, but it's very risky and tricky.

Another tactic involves the sandhawk. Of course if you want him down in seconds, you need a full party with Bee Shields and Baby Makers.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 10:34 pm

Yesterday I killed a Liberator with my drop pod
I literally rained death from above fuck yeah

That's definitely the most epic kill I've gotten so far (and yes people saw it)
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 10:54 pm

I try to do that SO hard. ;-;
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:12 pm

XoPachi wrote:
I try to do that SO hard. ;-;

I am always SO CLOSE but they always move out of the way. I try to hit tanks too.
This guy was just hovering there so I went for it.
If I ever hit an ESF that's flying full speed I will shit a brick.

Oh and I'm getting better at hitting moving aircraft with my MAX or anti air turrets. Leading moving targets really fucks with my brain. For an ESF flying at full speed you have to aim crazy far ahead of them, depending on what weapon you're using, the distance they are from you, what angle they're flying at, whether they're flying toward you or away from you, what speed they're flying at, the angle you're shooting at, and what changes in direction they're likely to make. At long range you have to wait several seconds before your shots even hit. You literally have to aim into the future Mother Of God! And the illusion of your shots "bending" is really weird too.

I have still yet to figure out how the hell to hit anything in a dogfight that isn't flying straight at me, away from me, or just hovering. That feels like doing calculus while piloting the International Space Station.

Last edited by greg-the-fox on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:41 pm

It's moments like that when I want to stream constantly to record any epic moments I may have.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 37 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 11:47 pm

XoPachi wrote:
It's moments like that when I want to stream constantly to record any epic moments I may have.

That's why I'm so fucking excited for Nvidia Shadow Play

I will always keep this on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 37 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random game comments thread: Level 2
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next