General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BAWW thread

Go down 
+25
Lemonchronicles
DaBigX26
Pliio
Barnabus
Aetius
8-bit
Brace
Lucy
Monochrome Kanon
Spawts
Bitchy_Whiny_Douche_Fox
Darkwing
Lunar
FoxeyHound
Taz
Vella C Raptor
Zenia
Kaizy
blackfuredfox
melomeltsinmilosmouth
Trey
MiloTime
greg-the-fox
Wolf-Bone
Riv
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Lunar
Certified Muff-Diving Instructor
Lunar

Humor : I Dimmadon't give a shit.

BAWW thread - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 1:24 am

MiloTime wrote:
lunar_helix wrote:
Milo, if BFF and I had a place of our own, you know you'd be more than welcome to come stay with us.

you sure about that? are you sure you want to support a highschool drop out who at BEST, might land a job cleaning shit from a gas station bathroom?
Uhh, yeah. Once I pick up this second job and BFF gets one, we'll be able to afford a pretty decent apartment for a while before we enlist.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 1:26 am

lunar_helix wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
lunar_helix wrote:
Milo, if BFF and I had a place of our own, you know you'd be more than welcome to come stay with us.

you sure about that? are you sure you want to support a highschool drop out who at BEST, might land a job cleaning shit from a gas station bathroom?
Uhh, yeah. Once I pick up this second job and BFF gets one, we'll be able to afford a pretty decent apartment for a while before we enlist.

all that aside, you'd have to put up with my personality... I'm the most pessimistic self-hating person you'll ever meet :V
Back to top Go down
Lunar
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 1:55 am

I think we know that pretty well by now. I used to hate on myself a lot, but Shelby said she'd punish me if I kept doing it, so I stopped a little. :<
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

Humor : Decompression sickness

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 12:00 pm

I don't want to work. I'd rather slack off but you know, money.

I have horrible flu ;;
Back to top Go down
Lunar
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 12:05 pm

My trolling was derailed today. Some weeaboo was all excited about an anime con, and I commented that I wasn't sure whether to go as a Confederate or Schutzstaffel. And she had literally no clue what either of them was.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
Back to top Go down
katmandu

katmandu

Humor : Questionable

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 3:56 pm

TL;DR: Worried about over-staying the welcome extended by a friend.

It's been a shitty couple of years, to say the least. I lost my job and 14+ year career in June of 2010 (which is another TL;DR story of no real interest to anyone but the people involved) and spent the next year looking for another one. I coasted on savings, credit cards, and selling items acquired over many years of being a (gainfully employed) high-tech toy junkie while job hunting. And I didn't just cherry-pick unrealistic high-paying jobs, either; I applied to everything from fast food to executive level. However, I was either too old, lacking direct experience, no college degree (finished 3 years of it but never got my diploma), not the right fit, etc. etc.; and I'm sure (although no one ever came out and said it) that being fired from my last job didn't exactly make my resume sparkle. I had several interviewers excited initially about hiring me, but they all backed off. Eventually, the inevitable happened- I ran out of money and couldn't afford my mortgage, so I lost my house. I would be homeless (well… not really; my parents would have taken me in. But nothing's sadder than an unemployed 40 year old living with his parents) if it weren't for a friend whose family gave me a place to stay until I could find sustainable employment.

Since then, another acquaintance I had met through firearms instruction and who owned a low-voltage electrical company offered me contract work with him. It's a fine gig; he pays me well and uses me as a foreman on his jobs… but when he doesn't have a job going, I don't work; and there are long periods of inactivity until a new contract rolls around. So, while it (barely) meets the bills month to month, it's not enough to allow me to find a place of my own and be self-sufficient again… and if there's one thing I hate, it's being dependent on someone else.

That was in July of 2011. I've been at my friend's house for almost a year now, and I worry about the strain I place on his household- he's married with two teenage kids, and has money problems of his own; I contribute what I can but I know I still cost him by being here. I will forever be in his and his family's debt for giving me a place to stay, but I hate that I'm costing him and yearn to have a place of my own again and be responsible for making my own living.

And despite the hopefully optimistic reports on the job market, I still can't find another job.
Back to top Go down
http://katsden.net
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 6:11 pm

yes kat, because all us 20-somethings who had to move back shortly after leaving the nest (which by some estimates is now the solid majority) are absolutely thrilled about it. pride has no place in this economy. now when the tides change towards a more prosperous time, or all out civil war, maybe then, talk of pride and honor will sound like anything but the faint whimpers of a man clinging to the past. frankly, I'm hoping for war, ideally with Iran. I want to fight. there's too many of us and we're living too long. that's why we're in this mess.
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

Humor : Decompression sickness

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:22 pm

No Milo, but sometimes I get insecure about what other people think of me when I try to never give more than -1 fuck.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 11:58 pm

lunar_helix wrote:
Confederate or Schutzstaffel.

As an American Citizen living in a southern state, not knowing the first one is kind of impossible. I can guess on the second one, but I couldn't give you a definition beyond German+Nazi.
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:04 am

Why do the people in my degree program have to be 90% guys?
It's a little weird, not to mention uhh... tempting pokerface
Back to top Go down
Lunar
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:36 am

Riv wrote:
lunar_helix wrote:
Confederate or Schutzstaffel.

As an American Citizen living in a southern state, not knowing the first one is kind of impossible. I can guess on the second one, but I couldn't give you a definition beyond German+Nazi.
The Schutzstaffel was a Nazi paramilitary; I can see where someone can get confused about that. But my god... I guess I can't be too disappointed, seeing as it was a yaoi fangirl/Japanophile I was talking to.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:37 am

I would be willing to do the work if it meant landing a job doing something I like... problem is, the things I like are hardly jobs.
Back to top Go down
Lunar
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:39 am

MiloTime wrote:
I would be willing to do the work if it meant landing a job doing something I like... problem is, the things I like are hardly jobs.
Working minor construction could help you beef up a bit. megusta

And you'll get to still be gay and avoid looking like a twink. Not a single fuck wa Not saying you do, but I don't think you wanna look like a flaming femboy.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:41 am

lunar_helix wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
Working minor construction could help you beef up a bit. megusta

And you'll get to still be gay and avoid looking like a twink. Not a single fuck wa Not saying you do, but I don't think you wanna look like a flaming femboy.

1. I'm not a femboy. I will never be a femboy

2. the chances of a white guy landing a construction job in arizona are about as high as a person winning the lottery Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
Lunar
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:42 am

Anything is possible with imagination~*~*

Let's totally fag up the place.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:44 am

lunar_helix wrote:

nothing is possible once illegals get their hands on it first Not a single fuck wa

I'm a manly dude, bro :V
Back to top Go down
Lunar
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:45 am

MiloTime wrote:
lunar_helix wrote:

nothing is possible once illegals get their hands on it first Not a single fuck wa

That means you're free to go after entry-level secretary desk jobs and stuff. Sitting down, indoors, at a computer... It wouldn't be a big culture shock for you, Milo :3
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:47 am

lunar_helix wrote:

That means you're free to go after entry-level secretary desk jobs and stuff. Sitting down, indoors, at a computer... It wouldn't be a big culture shock for you, Milo :3

Even those jobs are like *minumum 2 years experience required. You mad bro?*

There is NO such thing as entry level anymore.
Back to top Go down
Lunar
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:48 am

greg-the-fox wrote:
lunar_helix wrote:

Well... I suppose he could join the Air Force with BFF pokerface That's an outrageously easy-going branch.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:48 am

lunar_helix wrote:
MiloTime wrote:
lunar_helix wrote:

I should stress I'm a highschool drop out. and even if that weren't a big deal, the chances of me applying before everyone else is... virtually non-existent. the most important factor into getting a job where I live is you ABSOLUTELY HAVE to be the first one to apply. the second a position is open, and you miss your chance, there's no point in even trying to get a job there unless the person who got there before you is a sociopathic mentally ill asshat. Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:49 am

lunar_helix wrote:
greg-the-fox wrote:
lunar_helix wrote:

Well... I suppose he could join the Air Force with BFF pokerface That's an outrageously easy-going branch.

again, you need highschool diploma or GED to land a job there. which is what I've been trying to do for a while :<
Back to top Go down
Lunar
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:56 am

...You should have come to the Subway where I work. There's a guy who works there who IS a mentally ill asshat. Except for the fact that he listens to Phil Collins. But he thought that was a band.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 1:18 am

lunar_helix wrote:
The Schutzstaffel was a Nazi paramilitary;

Oh!

Schutzstaffel = S.S.

It's funny, I totally would have understood the abbreviation, but the full name apparently dumbfounds me.
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
Lunar
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:57 am

Not gonna get to see my girl for a while...
This sucks butt. IT IS A BUTT-SUCKER, I SAY. IT PARTAKES IN THE SUCKING OF BUTTS.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:23 am

I hate how my teacher is not telling me exactly what to do. She gets fed up with me when I ask a lot of questions.
She said she wants me to use independent thinking
WHAT THE HELL IS THAT inglip
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BAWW thread   BAWW thread - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BAWW thread
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next