General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition

Go down 
+14
Kaiser
Azure
MiloTime
Wolf-Bone
Lucan
Maya
greg-the-fox
Llama
Riv
Kaizy
Zoe
Lucy
XoPachi
Tank Abuse
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
Lucan

Lucan

Humor : terrible

Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 4:45 pm

Scrolls has apparently turned out pretty good. Now I'm not sure if I want it.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 5:13 pm

XoPachi wrote:
Greg, get Tribes seriously. That game is the funniest online FPS ever.

Why would I want to start playing a f2p game that died months ago Not a single fuck wa
According to Google Trends, it's even more dead than Blacklight right now

Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

Humor : Anything

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 8:12 pm

greg-the-fox wrote:
XoPachi wrote:
Greg, get Tribes seriously. That game is the funniest online FPS ever.

Why would I want to start playing a f2p game that died months ago Not a single fuck wa
According to Google Trends, it's even more dead than Blacklight right now

You still get full CTF games... Who cares? People still play it. Good people. Never gets old.
Back to top Go down
http://xopachi.tumblr.com/
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 8:58 pm

I'm playing Mortal Kombat 9 so much I'm after burning my thumbs
haven't had that happen since the Sega Genesis days!
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 9:11 pm

Mortal Kombat is the hardest fucking fighter, oh my fuck.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 10:03 pm

XoPachi wrote:
Mortal Kombat is the hardest fucking fighter, oh my fuck.

It's not that hard once you get a grasp of each fighter's moves
learn a few combos, learn other fighters' tactics and how to counter them
or lose enough times that the AI tones it down a notch
pretty much the only way I ever beat Shao Khan >.<
Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

Humor : terrible

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 10:54 pm

Shao Khan is a dickbag.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 10:57 pm

Honestly I don't find Shao Khan as much a pain as some of the ninjas
human and robot ninjas alike. anyone with teleporting moves
they all spam the fuck out of those. they usually have air-based defenses too
sometimes it takes me more tries against Noob Saibot, Ermac and Smoke
than against Shang Tsung, Goro, Kintaro or Shao Khan
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 08, 2013 11:53 pm

The Planetside 2 servers have been absolute shit since the last update. Crashes all the damn time, enormous fps drops and lag, disconnects, client freezes. Completely unplayable. I disconnected twice within 10 minutes and then the game froze repeatedly trying to log in. Fuck this shit I'm going to bed. Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 12:37 am

Guess I can't be a judge. I'm awful at fighters which is why I avoid all but Brawl and Skullgirls. And I'm bad at Skullgirls.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 1:32 am

I thought mortal kombat had one of the worst control scheme for a fighting game. I can barely remember the game, but all I remember is that the combo's were terrible and didn't really go together.

dead or alive was one of my favorite's, because the combo's went together smoothly. even though I'm barely even into 2D fighting games to begin with.
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 1:54 am

MiloTime wrote:
I thought mortal kombat had one of the worst control scheme for a fighting game. I can barely remember the game, but all I remember is that the combo's were terrible and didn't really go together.

dead or alive was one of my favorite's, because the combo's went together smoothly. even though I'm barely even into 2D fighting games to begin with.

I agree.

Completely...

I'm not saying Mortal Kombat sucks, again, I have no authority because I'm a scrub, but the way you had to input buttons for not just moves, but combos in general (IIRC) got me frequently.

Dead or Alive and Soul Calibur (II and V) are the only 3D fighters I can play. DOA was soooooo smooth and responsive, but still challenging. Kasumi and Ryu. Good GOD.
I guess I lied.
I can only get into:

Soul Calibur
DOA
Brawl
Skullgirls
Darkstalkers
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 2:04 am

MiloTime wrote:

Wonder which one you're talking about
MK1 technically didn't have combos that weren't the result of good bugs
they were a pain in the ass to pull off mainly because the game wasn't designed around them
MKII had virtually the same mechanics, but was designed with more opportunities for juggling
they were still incredibly hard to pull off, often forcing you to play riskier than makes sense
MK3 was the one that introduced (or more like stole) Killer Instinct style combos
to its credit though, it wove them in very well with the old-style MK juggling
it was mostly just another opportunity for the CPU to be a cheap ass though

I honestly don't remember MK4 that well even though I loved it at the time
I never owned Deadly Alliance, but I have Deception and Armageddon
honestly I never mastered those games because I didn't enjoy them all that much
they were starting to develop the ideas that would eventually make MK9 awesome
but they just didn't come together in a complete package. the gameplay felt clunky

So I don't remember the combo systems after the 1st 3 games very well
I'd go back and play those just to compare if I wasn't still enjoying MK9 so much
it has combo breakers at least, though in a very limited capacity
realistically, you'll probably only ever have the chance to use it 2 or 3 times per match
and it almost makes more sense not to use them since they're tied to your super meter
I'll still use them if it's down to the wire and breaking a combo might save me the match

really though, MK9's controls are so simple even if you button mash you'll pull of at least a few good moves

but you refer to moves list and realize the button combinations are so simple it's a breeze to memorize them. christ, within the first few matches of a new character's tournament i'm kicking ass with muscle memory alone more often than not. not that case with MK3. that game's way too fucking convoluted.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 2:18 pm

So apparently the problems with Planetside 2 crashing are caused by joining a squad or platoon. If I play solo I should be fine. I'll try it later.
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 2:18 pm

Bad team is bad.
Tribes Ascend CTF. 31-0
The ENTIRE defense (2 brutes, 1 tech, 1 raider, 2 infiltrators) tried so hard get me out so they could fix their generator.

They didn't fix their generator. Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 5:02 pm

Mortal Kombat isn't a combo game.

It's a fighting game. Quit trying to be flashy and try to win, Mr. Daigo Umehara. :U
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 5:06 pm

UNLEASH THE BEAST!!!
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 8:00 pm

Lucy wrote:
Mortal Kombat isn't a combo game.

It's a fighting game. Quit trying to be flashy and try to win, Mr. Daigo Umehara. :U

considering how many combos the computer uses against you, let alone human opponents
i'd say they're pretty necessary but like you probably know, they're easy to pull off
what's funny is i almost never win a match with one though
that's usually a projectile, throw, or relatively weak strike lol
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 8:44 pm

Well my MK style involves using short, but mildly powerful combos very often on the offensive, but (as a Johnny Cage player) remain very defensive and wait for openings.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 8:53 pm

Lucy wrote:
Well my MK style involves using short, but mildly powerful combos very often on the offensive, but (as a Johnny Cage player) remain very defensive and wait for openings.

Actually I think that describes Sub-Zero even better
there's this one challenge involving him VS Sindel
you have to land all of his specials on her
which is hard considering how solid the AI is there
good luck tricking her into jumping or dashing into an ice clone
or landing the ground freeze with her swift attacks and its long windup time
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 9:36 pm

What you have to do with a solid keep-away character like Sindel is try your best to get right up in her punk-bitch-ass face. Her power is in her ranged attacks and her ability to keep you away, so if you can manage to stay up close and do what you need to put the hurt on her, you're good.

For a character like Sub-Zero, you have his slide attack that can get you up close in place of a dash quickly if you time it correctly. For example, if Sindel is jumping and at the top of her jump, you can use his slide to catch her as she's falling and unable to block. Then, she'll pop up close and you can do whatever combo or throw or whatever you need to do.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 10:42 pm

I'm probably going to play my next round of ladder mode as Sindel
some of her close range moves are so fast I never see them coming
but she's so good at a distance that might serve me well
I figure the AI knows all her tricks and how to counter them
but there's only so much it can do against a constant projectile spam lol
though those teleporting characters obviously have ideal counters for that
I don't think it's for nothing so many challenge fights are ninjas vs Sindel
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2013 11:07 pm

The same people who made that fucking Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts drivel made one of most acclaimed shooters ever.

.-.

I'm stunned at how good this Einhander game is.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 12:21 am

XoPachi wrote:
The same people who made that fucking Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts drivel made one of most acclaimed shooters ever.

about half the world see's it the other way around.
Back to top Go down
Azure

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 12:47 am

XoPachi wrote:

.-.

I'm stunned at how good this Einhander game is.
kingdom hearts is one of the most inexcusably terrible popular games ever.

like a pile of mickey mouses feces

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition   Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random game comments thread 3: BFG Edition
Page 2 of 33Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 33  Next