General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Forumer and how much it sucks

Go down 
+11
Dongus
Lunar
Trey
Zenia
FoxeyHound
greg-the-fox
Daisy The Bunny
Riv
Wolf-Bone
blackfuredfox
Kaizy
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

Forumer and how much it sucks - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forumer and how much it sucks   Forumer and how much it sucks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 2:06 am

Honestly, Riv, just stop.
Your forum had a spambot, oh well.
Just ban the account and wait for the next one to show up.
Don't accuse people like that, it's silly and immature.

@Zenia: Oh, I'm very well aware of that. But when people start making accusations with no reason, I have to say something.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Forumer and how much it sucks   Forumer and how much it sucks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 2:10 am

Ahkmill wrote:
Honestly, Riv, just stop.
Your forum had a spambot, oh well.
Just ban the account and wait for the next one to show up.
Don't accuse people like that, it's silly and immature.

@Zenia: Oh, I'm very well aware of that. But when people start making accusations with no reason, I have to say something.

Look, I was able to tell that Barnabus was Fuzzy in ten seconds flat, and it didn't take much longer to figure out dongus. Fuzzy's not nearly as clever as he thinks he is, and the admin panel doesn't lie. Carry on.
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: Forumer and how much it sucks   Forumer and how much it sucks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 2:11 am

Sure looks like he's trying to hide it, right?
Dongus has only said one spambotty thing. You're not as clever as you think you are.
Back to top Go down
Barnabus

Barnabus

Humor : Milo's penis

PostSubject: Re: Forumer and how much it sucks   Forumer and how much it sucks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 2:14 am

Wow, Riv, if I were REALLY trying to "deceive" you I wouldn't have chosen my name based on a frickin' Ratchet & Clank character. You need to get a grip. No one's "after" you.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Forumer and how much it sucks   Forumer and how much it sucks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 2:17 am

Ahkmill wrote:
Sure looks like he's trying to hide it, right?
Dongus has only said one spambotty thing. You're not as clever as you think you are.

He hasn't said one spambotty thing. Usually, spambots spam. That's — and I know this is hard to understand — what they're named for. They visit many forums and make many posts. They don't specifically target one obscure forum, to lead the members to another forum, which has no members other than the spambot himself. Spambots don't start forums. Also, spambots have IP addresses, which, when you look them up, give results of other admins marking it as a spamming IP.

Barnabus wrote:
Wow, Riv, if I were REALLY trying to "deceive" you I wouldn't have chosen my name based on a frickin' Ratchet & Clank character. You need to get a grip. No one's "after" you.

Except, you know damn well I don't play R&C, and a google search for "barnabus" yields no lombaxes. And you used a non-identifying avatar until I mentioned your old name.
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: Forumer and how much it sucks   Forumer and how much it sucks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 2:22 am

Now you're just making excuses, Riv.
This is done, you're out of evidence.

Quote :
They don't specifically target one obscure forum, to lead the members to another forum, which has no members other than the spambot himself.

That is exactly what many bots do. Why the fuck would Fuzzy give a damn if this place was on Forumer or Forumotion?

Quote :
Except, you know damn well I don't play R&C, and a google search for "barnabus" yields no lombaxes. And you used a non-identifying avatar until I mentioned your old name.
Again, just an excuse to be paranoid. Nobody's out to get you, I know that Fuzzy couldn't honestly give less of a shit.

Just stop. Seriously. If this continues I may start looking through your posts for other symptoms of a paranoia disorder.

Last edited by Ahkmill on Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Forumer and how much it sucks   Forumer and how much it sucks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 2:22 am

I love how this has turned into a debate about Fuzzy's purity of heart vs. Riv's paranoid schizophrenia. Because as we all know, the truth is what you feel and what you'd like to believe rather than facts.
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: Forumer and how much it sucks   Forumer and how much it sucks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 2:24 am

Wolf-Bone wrote:
I love how this has turned into a debate about Fuzzy's purity of heart vs. Riv's paranoid schizophrenia. Because as we all know, the truth is what you feel and what you'd like to believe rather than facts.
Would be a lot easier if he had any facts. /:
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

Humor : Sin

PostSubject: Re: Forumer and how much it sucks   Forumer and how much it sucks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 2:30 am

...the fuck is going on in here?
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: Forumer and how much it sucks   Forumer and how much it sucks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 2:31 am

Riv is being paranoid and accusing Fuzzy of trying to jack IP's for no reason or something.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Forumer and how much it sucks   Forumer and how much it sucks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 2:31 am

Ahkmill wrote:
I may start looking through your posts for other symptoms of a paranoia disorder.

I'm getting sick of people pulling this bullshit. Who the fuck are you that you think you can prove someone has a "disorder" based on forum posts alone? By that same token, how do you know with absolute certainty Fuzzy is completely above some underhanded shit based on having met him once? Do you know how many people would cite those two things together as "symptoms" of some "disorder"?

Ahkmill wrote:

Without screencapping this info he claims he has, he kinda can't without violating Fuzzy's privacy. You might've noticed what he was "paranoid" about was someone having access to our IPs, so it'd make sense he doesn't want to post someone else's. Yes, even that same person who he thinks was about to do the same. I know that's hard for you to grasp, but it's the way a lot of people are, y'know? Practicing what you preach and all that.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Forumer and how much it sucks   Forumer and how much it sucks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 2:35 am

So, what you're telling me, Ahkmill, is that someone wrote a spambot. A bot intelligent and specific enough to open a gmail account (which can't be done without receiving a text message from google to a quasi-unique phone number), launch a forumer forum (which can't be done without submitting a Captcha), edited the forum's privacy settings, and theme, and produced a custom banner image, find a specific thread about what it is programmed to talk about (not so advanced, but still a bit over the top), successfully launch an account here, find the thread again, and post in it?

That's a damn fine programmer. Fuzzy, you should totally get in touch with him. Hell, he lives like, next door to you!
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Forumer and how much it sucks   Forumer and how much it sucks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 2:36 am

Okay a quick read and I think I see whats going on here...

Here's my question:

If this is a spambot, why didn't they post a link to this forum? Every spambot I've ever seen links to something, yet this one just describes what theyre spamming...doesn't make any sense to me.
I haven't checked the IPs or anything, I'm just sayin, it looks kinda weird.

Riv wrote:
That's a damn fine programmer. Fuzzy, you should totally get in touch with him. Hell, he lives like, next door to you!
I lol'd
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: Forumer and how much it sucks   Forumer and how much it sucks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 2:39 am

Wolf-Bone wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:
I may start looking through your posts for other symptoms of a paranoia disorder.

I'm getting sick of people pulling this bullshit. Who the fuck are you that you think you can prove someone has a "disorder" based on forum posts alone? By that same token, how do you know with absolute certainty Fuzzy is completely above some underhanded shit based on having met him once? Do you know how many people would cite those two things together as "symptoms" of some "disorder"?

Ahkmill wrote:

Without screencapping this info he claims he has, he kinda can't without violating Fuzzy's privacy. You might've noticed what he was "paranoid" about was someone having access to our IPs, so it'd make sense he doesn't want to post someone else's. Yes, even that same person who he thinks was about to do the same. I know that's hard for you to grasp, but it's the way a lot of people are, y'know? Practicing what you preach and all that.

I'm just looking for proof of whatever. I'm not saying there is a disorder, but why not look for evidence? It's either a paranoid disorder or Riv is genuinely just a dick.

Riv, I'm done with you. You're just making false accusations and spitting bullshit. Go off on your tirade on Fuzzy, whatever. It's not that hard for a bot to do that kind of stuff, seriously. You accuse someone without a motive, and it's seriously just childish. You simply want someone to point a finger at, so you chose someone you don't particularly like.
Back to top Go down
Barnabus

Barnabus

PostSubject: Re: Forumer and how much it sucks   Forumer and how much it sucks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 2:41 am

Kaizy, they did post their forum, but they tried to circumvent any url or spam filters they thought Riv's forum might have by using "dot" instead of periods. As far as I'm aware there isn't a filter on this forum like that.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Forumer and how much it sucks   Forumer and how much it sucks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 2:45 am

Barnabus wrote:
Kaizy, they did post their forum, but they tried to circumvent any url or spam filters they thought Riv's forum might have by using "dot" instead of periods. As far as I'm aware there isn't a filter on this forum like that.

New users can't post URL's for the first seven days. But, why would you write, "As far as I'm aware there isn't a filter on this forum like that?" Genuine — but irrelevant — ignorance, or a conscious effort to make yourself seem innocent?
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Forumer and how much it sucks   Forumer and how much it sucks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 2:49 am

Ahkmill wrote:
TL;DR

Look, bottom fucking line, are you a psychiatrist? No? Then shut the fuck up about "paranoid disorder", otherwise known as schizophrenia, because unless you're saying he "hallucinates" that a voice is reading IPs to him or something, it's kinda irrelevant here.

Barnabus wrote:

Actually, there is, specifically for new users though, no doubt to prevent things like spam bots. That said "bot" knew this and knew how to work around it by doing that implies that, like Riv said, you got a fuckin' genius next door who you should totally make friends with because he's going to make Mark Zuckerberg look like a script kiddie.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Forumer and how much it sucks   Forumer and how much it sucks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 2:51 am

I'm not saying Glenn Beck raped and murdered a 12 year old girl or anything, but I mean, why not look for evidence, just to rule out the possibility, right?
Back to top Go down
Barnabus

Barnabus

PostSubject: Re: Forumer and how much it sucks   Forumer and how much it sucks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 3:01 am

By the way, if I really cared enough to do "insidious" things I would've used a proxy. Rolling Eyes Like I said, there's no way this random person just happens to go to the same school as me. It's kind of ridiculous that Riv would keep insisting on it.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: Forumer and how much it sucks   Forumer and how much it sucks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 3:01 am

Barnabus wrote:
Oh
I basically just skimmed the text of that post, I just expected to see a URL linked or something
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Forumer and how much it sucks   Forumer and how much it sucks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 3:04 am

Barnabus wrote:
By the way, if I really cared enough to do "insidious" things I would've used a proxy. Rolling Eyes Like I said, there's no way this random person just happens to go to the same school as me. It's kind of ridiculous that Riv would keep insisting on it.

But you already used your proxy. I remember it well. Hosted by godaddy. Surely you wouldn't be stupid enough to try the exact same thing twice.

Right now, you're coming off pissed that whatever circumvention you tried to make it not look like you didn't work.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Forumer and how much it sucks   Forumer and how much it sucks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 3:12 am

Riv wrote:
Barnabus wrote:

But you already used your proxy. I remember it well. Hosted by godaddy. Surely you wouldn't be stupid enough to try the exact same thing twice.

Right now, you're coming off pissed that whatever circumvention you tried to make it not look like you didn't work.

I'd just like to add, that in all of this he's tried everything but "pics or it didn't happen". If it was me, I'd have called your bluff by the third reply at the latest. If I thought you were bluffing, that is.
Back to top Go down
Barnabus

Barnabus

PostSubject: Re: Forumer and how much it sucks   Forumer and how much it sucks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 3:16 am

Riv wrote:
Barnabus wrote:

More like disturbed since I'm trying to do homework and some loser online seems to be holding onto some ridiculous grudge.

Wolf, it's not my info, I don't care what Riv does with it.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Forumer and how much it sucks   Forumer and how much it sucks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 3:21 am

Barnabus wrote:
Riv wrote:
Barnabus wrote:

More like disturbed since I'm trying to do homework and some loser online seems to be holding onto some ridiculous grudge.

Nothing's stopping you from carrying on with your night except yourself... In fact, you're obsession with the issue only reinforces my knowledge that it was you.
Back to top Go down
Barnabus

Barnabus

PostSubject: Re: Forumer and how much it sucks   Forumer and how much it sucks - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 3:25 am

If anyone here has the obsession it's you, man. You go on and on about me constantly. You think my every move is some nefarious plot against you, when in reality I don't really give a shit about you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forumer and how much it sucks   Forumer and how much it sucks - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forumer and how much it sucks
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next