General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Time Wasting Thread 15

Go down 
+17
8-bit
Zoe
Brace
Taz
Lunar
melomeltsinmilosmouth
Lucan
Riv
Lemonchronicles
blackfuredfox
greg-the-fox
Wolf-Bone
Daisy The Bunny
Lucy
Zenia
Kaizy
MiloTime
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

Humor : D is for lysdexia

General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 3:31 am

I wish the AC was quieter. Its hot and if I turn it on I wont be able to hear my movie.
Back to top Go down
Lunar
Certified Muff-Diving Instructor
Lunar

Humor : I Dimmadon't give a shit.

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 3:50 am

I just crafted and fucked with my mouth a triple layer peanut-butter-and-honey sandwich with a tall glass of whole milk. Better than a threesome with Jessica Alba and Fergie.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:20 am

Wolf-Bone wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:

Any FPS where I shoot a normal human being in the head and they don't drop is a bad game.
The Oblivion engine was not made for guns, nor is the Skyrim engine, so I expect Fallout 4 will be a shitty piece of shit as well.

Fallout isn't an FPS, though
it's an RPG. you have a good chance of 1-hit kill headshots
if you have a high enough skill/weapon, and are hidden
as it is I score so many 1 (or 2) hit kills it's almost too easy
and Skyrim's bow and arrow is pretty damn accurate
so there's no reason to assume guns wouldn't be
Skyrim's engine is just a tricked out Gamebryo engine anyway

Right. And it's kind of like having "health" in any other game. I don't care who you are, you can't take two rocket propelled grenades to the chest and then run away to recover. But since you're supposed to be a badass, the health is like a statistical correction for the fact that the character doesn't suck at aiming as much as you do and could probably dodge the rockets due to his badass status.
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 11:55 am

Ahkmill wrote:
We're definitely playing different Fallouts, then.
My Fallout looks like:
Spoiler:

That there is a first person shooter.
A very poorly made first person shooter.

Not every game that lets you play in first person and involves shooting is an FPS. Alone In The Dark forces you to use guns in first person even though it's primarily a third person free-roaming survival-horror. Condemned is entirely in first person and has some shooting, but is mostly a brawler. Dead Island borrows quite liberally from Condemned, Borderlands and Left 4 Dead, but is essentially a free-roaming survival-horror with RPG elements. Which brings us back to Fallout, a series that never forces you to use first person, lets you use whatever weapons you prefer, has a ridiculous variety of each type, lets you talk your way out of fights, negotiate to prevent others from fighting, strike deals with people, be charitable with people or swindle them, use a wide variety of armors and accessories that affect your stats - oh right, stats, like speech, barter, strength, science and medicine!

Yeah, sounds like an RPG to me. It does indeed strive to appeal to FPS fans, but is not nearly as good at being one as Call of Duty, Halo, Resistance, Crysis, etc. It is decidedly an action RPG, though, which is why the shooting mechanics/options were improved in New Vegas. But even that game is still primarily an RPG.

It's not to say it couldn't still strive further to combine the best of the FPS genre with its core gameplay, like a cover system, maybe laser sight mods that actually produce a beam, scopes that have a longer range/make your shots more accurate. But even if they did, I think FPS fans would still bitch about having to worry about things like stats, reputation, navigating places other than narrow corridors, dealing with people in ways other than by shooting them to death...

Riv wrote:
Right. And it's kind of like having "health" in any other game. I don't care who you are, you can't take two rocket propelled grenades to the chest and then run away to recover. But since you're supposed to be a badass, the health is like a statistical correction for the fact that the character doesn't suck at aiming as much as you do and could probably dodge the rockets due to his badass status.

Plus, we are playing a video game here, and in real life, people in gun battles will run while shooting, but certainly not with the kind of accuracy they do in games. Fallout enemies have the most annoying way of zigzagging all over the place, seemingly hovering around your shots because they, being AI, know exactly the trajectory of your aim and are of course designed to try to not get hit. So in that sense little has changed since the days of shit like Space Invaders or whatever. Except in the more straight-forward FPS games...

I'm not a big FPS fan but I own a couple of what I think are the better ones, barring the Halo and Call of Duty games because I don't own the system for one and am somewhat repulsed by the very idea of the other. Games like Far Cry 2, Crysis 2, Black, and the Resistance games have some great action and enemies that are not only tough, but smart. For the most part, upper head shots equal one-hit kills, but they're realistically hard to pull off. So they have very intense, believable combat and in some cases even ways to use the environment strategically beyond just exploding barrels.

But they have literally nothing else! Even Far Cry 2, which I enjoyed got so damn repetitive, even with all the exploration and attempts at story-telling and sidequests since it was always just a slight variation or exact duplicate of a previous mission. In some cases you literally return to an area you just cleared out, now fully repopulated!

At least in Fallout, most deaths in marked locations are permanent.
Back to top Go down
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 4:02 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
Not every game that lets you play in first person and involves shooting is an FPS.
Uh, yes. Yes it is. That's exactly what an FPS is. :U
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 6:06 pm

Ahkmill wrote:
Wolf-Bone wrote:
Not every game that lets you play in first person and involves shooting is an FPS.

Okay, fine. Then Call of Duty is an RPG because you play the role of some important soldier shooter person. It's just not very good at its RPG elements the way Fallout isn't very good at its FPS elements even though it's pretty good in its other areas.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 6:13 pm

In COD you also have to use strategy to avoid getting shot in the head, and you do that in real time, so it's also a real time strategy game Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 6:52 pm

YOU MEAN I'VE BEEN TYPING QUOTATION MARKS WRONG ON THE COMPUTER MY WHOLE LIFE? inglip

Okay look at this: "words"
Now look at this: “words”

It works better with a more traditional font

"Words"
“Words”

I've always thought this key on my computer to the left of return/enter WAS quotation marks, but it's the symbol for inches/feet. To make real quotation marks, they're hidden under special characters

Now I'm going to be a fancy asshole and use this all the time Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 7:17 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:
Wolf-Bone wrote:

Okay, fine. Then Call of Duty is an RPG because you play the role of some important soldier shooter person. It's just not very good at its RPG elements the way Fallout isn't very good at its FPS elements even though it's pretty good in its other areas.
I like you, but that logic is absolutely retarded. :U
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 7:27 pm

I'm going through my bookshelf and looking up the prices of my books on amazon to see what they're selling for used (on average)... now I have 6 books that total $150

Sell ALL the books! allthe

If I took these to a used book store they'd probably give me $15 and laugh in my face Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:02 pm

All games that have even passing nods to the survival-horror genre are point-and-click adventure since survival-horror originally borrowed a lot from those. Also since Home Sweet Home partly inspired Resident Evil, all Resident Evil games are whatever the fuck that was - RPG, right?

Every game ever made is every game before it combined.
Every game ever made created every game that came after.

Ergo, cavemen invented Pong, and it was an FPS.
Back to top Go down
Lunar
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:04 pm

greg-the-fox wrote:
YOU MEAN I'VE BEEN TYPING QUOTATION MARKS WRONG ON THE COMPUTER MY WHOLE LIFE? inglip

Okay look at this: "words"
Now look at this: “words”

It works better with a more traditional font

"Words"
“Words”

I've always thought this key on my computer to the left of return/enter WAS quotation marks, but it's the symbol for inches/feet. To make real quotation marks, they're hidden under special characters

Now I'm going to be a fancy asshole and use this all the time Not a single fuck wa
ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS, WAIT UNTIL BIGGUS DICKUS HEARS OF THIS.
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:18 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
All games that have even passing nods to the survival-horror genre are point-and-click adventure since survival-horror originally borrowed a lot from those. Also since Home Sweet Home partly inspired Resident Evil, all Resident Evil games are whatever the fuck that was - RPG, right?

General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 38 Jacky
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

Humor : Sin

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:22 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:
Wolf-Bone wrote:

Wolf-Bone wrote:

General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 38 Qwwpx3
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:27 pm

You can like Fallout if you want, I just think the merge of RPG and FPS elements is very poorly done. Borderlands does a little better, but still not too great.

In my personal opinion, RPG's and FPS's should be kept separate, unless it's operating under different rules of physics. In Fallout, I shoot a human being point blank in the head, and they don't die. That kind of thing really pulls me away form getting immersed in the game's atmosphere, and it makes me think I'm just playing a crappy game. In something like Dead Island, where you're fighting zombies, I can accept such a thing, because zombies are naturally harder to take down.

I don't care if it "deals extra damage," a bullet to the head is instant death, I don't give a damn who you are. In Fallout, I don't see enemies as enemies, I see them as walking health bars. That kind of shit is annoying and boring.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:28 pm

Ahkmill wrote:
In my personal opinion, RPG's and FPS's should be kept separate

This is blasphemy because Borderlands
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:29 pm

Kaizy wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:

Borderlands isn't that great. :U
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:32 pm

Ahkmill wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:

Okay now I just hate you :V
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:33 pm

Kaizy wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:

Borderlands is terribly overrated, in my opinion. It is far superior to Fallout though, I'll give it that.
Back to top Go down
Lunar
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:34 pm

Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:36 pm

Ahkmill wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:

Borderlands is terribly overrated, in my opinion. It is far superior to Fallout though, I'll give it that.
I never got too far into Fallout 3, so I wouldn't really know

But I absolutely love Borderlands
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:38 pm

Kaizy wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:

I can enjoy Borderlands if I'm playing with friends.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:15 pm

Ahkmill wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:

Playing with friends is the best
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:17 pm

Kaizy wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:

Playing with friends is the best
Alone it just isn't fun to me.
Back to top Go down
Lunar
Lunar

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:20 pm

So this actress that I'm following on Twitter posted about how she went to see The Dark Knight. What did I post? "I heard it was to die for."

She saw it.

Yup. I'm an asshole. pokerface
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Time Wasting Thread 15
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next