General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Time Wasting Thread 15

Go down 
+17
8-bit
Zoe
Brace
Taz
Lunar
melomeltsinmilosmouth
Lucan
Riv
Lemonchronicles
blackfuredfox
greg-the-fox
Wolf-Bone
Daisy The Bunny
Lucy
Zenia
Kaizy
MiloTime
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

Humor : Sin

General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:29 pm

Lunar wrote:
So this actress that I'm following on Twitter posted about how she went to see The Dark Knight. What did I post? "I heard it was to die for."

She saw it.

Yup. I'm an asshole. pokerface
I dont get it
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
Lunar
Certified Muff-Diving Instructor
Lunar

Humor : I Dimmadon't give a shit.

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:30 pm

Kaizy wrote:
Lunar wrote:
So this actress that I'm following on Twitter posted about how she went to see The Dark Knight. What did I post? "I heard it was to die for."

She saw it.

I dont get it
I made a bad joke and now I feel bad.
Back to top Go down
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:49 pm

shmoga bowl
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

Humor : D is for lysdexia

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:58 pm

Lunar wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
Lunar wrote:

She saw it.

I dont get it
I made a bad joke and now I feel bad.
You want a bad joke? My cigarettes are a lot like Anne Frank, they take all my money, I have to hide them and when find them the become ash real quick.
Back to top Go down
Taz

Taz

Humor : Suggestive, Dry, Sardonic

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 11:24 pm

How many Jews can you fit into a car?
Five in the seats and 100 in the ash tray.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 11:30 pm

You guys are horrible

Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 11:40 pm

Ahkmill wrote:
You can like Fallout if you want, I just think the merge of RPG and FPS elements is very poorly done. Borderlands does a little better, but still not too great.

In my personal opinion, RPG's and FPS's should be kept separate, unless it's operating under different rules of physics. In Fallout, I shoot a human being point blank in the head, and they don't die. That kind of thing really pulls me away form getting immersed in the game's atmosphere, and it makes me think I'm just playing a crappy game. In something like Dead Island, where you're fighting zombies, I can accept such a thing, because zombies are naturally harder to take down.

I don't care if it "deals extra damage," a bullet to the head is instant death, I don't give a damn who you are. In Fallout, I don't see enemies as enemies, I see them as walking health bars. That kind of shit is annoying and boring.

Like I said, the shooting mechanics (hell, the combat mechanics in general) could stand to be improved greatly, and I think it'd be worth doing for its own sake because the entire point of an action-RPG is to have everything that makes an RPG good with a greater sense of immersion and direct control. I'm just saying if they did that, it still wouldn't technically be an FPS the way most think of the term. I imagine it must be especially hard to design a game that does both 3rd and 1st person equally well, though, and I'd hate to see a Fallout game without the option of 3rd person.

It's funny you mention Dead Island and walking life bars since the enemies in that literally all have health bars over their heads. And one thing that makes that game different is even a direct headshot will rarely kill a zombie in one hit, but it instakills any human enemy that isn't wearing a helmet.

And that game is a first-person action-RPG yet feels more like a genuine survival-horror to me, that just happens to borrow liberally from other genres.

I'd hate to think you want Fallout to stay a bad "FPS game" than become something as good as what it already is but with better "FPS game" elements.

Lunar wrote:

It's sad that a littler over a decade ago this would be a cliched parody of rap and now it might still be, but has a better flow and instrumental than what constitutes most of the genre it's mocking.
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 11:49 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:

I'd hate to think you want Fallout to stay a bad "FPS game" than become something as good as what it already is but with better "FPS game" elements.
Problem being, it isn't good.

If they went back to the old format, it would be outstanding. They just need to get rid of the shitty FPS aspect of it, Bethesda SUCKS ASS at guns.
Back to top Go down
Zoe
I <3 Tentacles
Zoe

Humor : Consentacles

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 12:27 am

Ahkmill wrote:
shmoga bowl
k
megusta
Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

Humor : terrible

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 12:53 am

Oh man I had forgotten all about WKUK. They have some really funny skits...
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 12:58 am

Ugh, I have a fucking monster headache.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 1:28 am

I can't fucking sleep and I have to get up in 8 hours
Tomorrow is a REALLY IMPORTANT day and I need sleep, fuck you brain Seriously?
Back to top Go down
Zoe
I <3 Tentacles
Zoe

Humor : Consentacles

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 1:33 am

Dude...

...just... dude...
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 1:44 am

Oh fuck yeah, Samurai Champloo is on Netflix.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 1:44 am

Lucan wrote:
Get A New Daddy
Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

Humor : terrible

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 1:46 am

Kaizy wrote:
Lucan wrote:
Get A New Daddy
A gallon of PCP
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:29 am

I was watching an episode of family guy, the old one where Brian does coke, and when he and Joe are fighting midgets in a catholic school I noticed something. Joe kicks one of them. I watched it a few times and the way he spins wouldn't have been enough force to kick his legs up. Joe straight up kick a midget.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:38 am

blackfuredfox wrote:
I was watching an episode of family guy, the old one where Brian does coke, and when he and Joe are fighting midgets in a catholic school I noticed something. Joe kicks one of them. I watched it a few times and the way he spins wouldn't have been enough force to kick his legs up. Joe straight up kick a midget.
Are you trying to insert logic into Family Guy?

...you do know thats a completely lost cause right?
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:42 am

I actually found the Cleveland Show to be way better than Family Guy.
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:44 am

Kaizy wrote:
blackfuredfox wrote:
Are you trying to insert logic into Family Guy?

...you do know thats a completely lost cause right?
Yeah, but still, its one thing that I noticed.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:44 am

Ahkmill wrote:

Youre either trolling or you want me to hate you

Both of those shows are god awful to the highest extent you could ever hope to express
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:54 am

Kaizy wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:

Both of those shows are god awful to the highest extent you could ever hope to express
I thought American Dad was funnier myself. I know its made by the same people but it seems like they get the good fortune to learn from where FG fails. Not to mention the episodes are less ADD filled and usually keep to the plot. They also know when to end a joke. FG kept up with the chicken fight bullshit for too long and keep going at it. American Dad has the golden turd but they ended it and it was actually funny.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:57 am

blackfuredfox wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:

I thought American Dad was funnier myself. I know its made by the same people but it seems like they get the good fortune to learn from where FG fails. Not to mention the episodes are less ADD filled and usually keep to the plot. They also know when to end a joke. FG kept up with the chicken fight bullshit for too long and keep going at it. American Dad has the golden turd but they ended it and it was actually funny.
Yeah American Dad was okay, but it just kinda got boring. It never struck me as one of those shows that I found hilarious or funny enough to want to watch it all the time.

In all honesty, King of the Hill still wins above all
Back to top Go down
blackfuredfox
Local Randy Travis
blackfuredfox

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 3:06 am

Kaizy wrote:
blackfuredfox wrote:
Kaizy wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:

Yeah American Dad was okay, but it just kinda got boring. It never struck me as one of those shows that I found hilarious or funny enough to want to watch it all the time.

In all honesty, King of the Hill still wins above all
KOTH was the best, or at least contended for the best. Im torn between KOTH and Futurama. Buth im glad I don't have to decide. I can't stand the randomness of FG though. Only reason I have it on is because the batteries in my xbox controller are near to dying and I need something I can play for hours as background noise.
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 3:07 am

Kaizy wrote:
Ahkmill wrote:

I just find the characters in the Cleveland Show to be more enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Time Wasting Thread 15   General Time Wasting Thread 15 - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Time Wasting Thread 15
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next