General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What's on Your Mind? (Status Updates)

Go down 
+15
Trey
kyle19
Monochrome Kanon
greg-the-fox
MiloTime
DaBigX26
Daisy The Bunny
Wolf-Bone
Lunar
Bitchy_Whiny_Douche_Fox
Riv
Dragon Named Red
Kaizy
Barnabus
FoxeyHound
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Bitchy_Whiny_Douche_Fox

Bitchy_Whiny_Douche_Fox

Humor : I've got balls of cotton.

What's on Your Mind? (Status Updates) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's on Your Mind? (Status Updates)   What's on Your Mind? (Status Updates) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 2:55 pm

Excuse me, but I think we had all these things before computers were a part of the workplace.
Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

PostSubject: Re: What's on Your Mind? (Status Updates)   What's on Your Mind? (Status Updates) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 2:56 pm

foxy_boy wrote:
Excuse me, but I think we had all these things before computers where a part of the workplace.

And shit went wrong more often because people can only do so much in a day. A computer can do the same job in a minute, then do it again fifty more times to make sure, and still not get tired.
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
Brace

Brace

Humor : Lying through truthtelling

PostSubject: Re: What's on Your Mind? (Status Updates)   What's on Your Mind? (Status Updates) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 3:00 pm

Special irony I need to mention: I was interning with the City of Englewood IT department, meaning I was responsible for the computers and networks which did all of those exact things just mentioned.

Awww Yeaaah
Back to top Go down
Bitchy_Whiny_Douche_Fox

Bitchy_Whiny_Douche_Fox

PostSubject: Re: What's on Your Mind? (Status Updates)   What's on Your Mind? (Status Updates) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 3:00 pm

Riv wrote:
foxy_boy wrote:
Excuse me, but I think we had all these things before computers where a part of the workplace.

And shit went wrong more often because people can only do so much in a day. A computer can do the same job in a minute, then do it again fifty more times to make sure, and still not get tired.
Information Technology (IT) is concerned with technology to treat information. The acquisition, processing, storage and dissemination of vocal, pictorial, textual and numerical information by a microelectronics-based combination of computing and telecommunications are its main fields.[1] The term in its modern sense first appeared in a 1958 article published in the Harvard Business Review, in which authors Leavitt and Whisler commented that "the new technology does not yet have a single established name. We shall call it information technology (IT)."[2] Some of the modern and emerging fields of Information technology are next generation web technologies, bioinformatics, cloud computing, global information systems, large scale knowledgebases, etc. Advancements are mainly driven in the field of computer science.

This is a commodity, which is what my point is, which is what you just said.

So fuck you What's on Your Mind? (Status Updates) - Page 5 Z
Back to top Go down
Daisy The Bunny

Daisy The Bunny

Humor : Decompression sickness

PostSubject: Re: What's on Your Mind? (Status Updates)   What's on Your Mind? (Status Updates) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 3:03 pm

foxy_boy wrote:
Really dumb things.

What's on Your Mind? (Status Updates) - Page 5 Facepalm_animated_gif
Back to top Go down
Bitchy_Whiny_Douche_Fox

Bitchy_Whiny_Douche_Fox

PostSubject: Re: What's on Your Mind? (Status Updates)   What's on Your Mind? (Status Updates) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 3:05 pm

Ehehehehe trollface
Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

PostSubject: Re: What's on Your Mind? (Status Updates)   What's on Your Mind? (Status Updates) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 3:10 pm

foxy_boy wrote:
Riv wrote:
foxy_boy wrote:

Information Technology (IT) is concerned with technology to treat information. The acquisition, processing, storage and dissemination of vocal, pictorial, textual and numerical information by a microelectronics-based combination of computing and telecommunications are its main fields.[1] The term in its modern sense first appeared in a 1958 article published in the Harvard Business Review, in which authors Leavitt and Whisler commented that "the new technology does not yet have a single established name. We shall call it information technology (IT)."[2] Some of the modern and emerging fields of Information technology are next generation web technologies, bioinformatics, cloud computing, global information systems, large scale knowledgebases, etc. Advancements are mainly driven in the field of computer science.

This is a commodity, which is what my point is, which is what you just said.

So fuck you

Actually that was never your point.

Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
Bitchy_Whiny_Douche_Fox

Bitchy_Whiny_Douche_Fox

PostSubject: Re: What's on Your Mind? (Status Updates)   What's on Your Mind? (Status Updates) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 3:12 pm

...That's the Idea, there's nothing wrong IT you tools, in fact it's very respectable, but I had a light bulb above my head as soon as Brace said "IT"

That went on for a long time, but now I have to go xD
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

PostSubject: Re: What's on Your Mind? (Status Updates)   What's on Your Mind? (Status Updates) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 3:15 pm

foxy_boy wrote:
...That's the Idea, there's nothing wrong IT you tools, in fact it's very respectable, but I had a light bulb above my head as soon as Brace said "IT"

That went on for a long time, but now I have to go xD

how do you not get punched in the face more often?
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: What's on Your Mind? (Status Updates)   What's on Your Mind? (Status Updates) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 3:19 pm

foxy_boy wrote:
I think the jobs that people need are the ones that provide services to the general public, like firefighters, power plant workers, bakers, those water refinery guys, people who clean up all the filth and prevent diseases, doctors.... I could go on :V

Oh and Wuffles, you should know I used to being doing hard labor every day before American corporations bought out my job and old apartment.

I mean you should know because I told you this a long time ago -_-

Mr. can't remember his age :V
(I'm never going to let you live that down)

Foxy Boy Is A Proper Twat & His Bumhole Stinks
an epic poem by philosopher and warrior poet Wolf~Bone

I'm not sure what your definition of hard labor is
but judging by that pic you showed me once I doubt it's the same as mine
and mine isn't the same as many
not everyone is cut out for every kind of work
and there isn't some inherent honor/moral superiority in that vs someone who does something tech-related

in a way it's not really any different than some professor, scientist or lawyer looking down their nose at you for your job
one thing that pisses me off just as much as racism is this kind of classism we still have
if your job is more physical than mental, it's because you're an ignorant savage
if your job is more menial than managerial, it's because you're a borderline lazy bum and just as much a loser where it counts
if you're military, it's not like you had much of a choice,
and your job is more physical than mental, you're an ignorant savage sent to buttfuck to civilize the other savages
but you're still a borderline lazy bum and a loser where it counts, unless you get killed
then you're a hero
you're valued more for your death than your life
there is nothing at all fucked up about this

and everyone else is underworked and overpaid and therefor lives without honor
because it's not at all a structural/cultural problem underlying the reality that what they do is more valued than what someone else does
it makes so much more sense to be angry at them than at the problem we're all part of on some level
because, y'know, that'd mean owning up to it and maybe feeling compelled to do something
or at least try

Back to top Go down
Jesusfish

Jesusfish

Humor : μελαγχολία

PostSubject: Re: What's on Your Mind? (Status Updates)   What's on Your Mind? (Status Updates) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 2:45 pm

Happy Birthday, Adolf.

Happy 28th anniversary of the Good Friday Massacre (grandest hockey fight in history)

Happy 13th anniversary of Columbine.

Happy 2 year anniversary of the Deepwater Horizon accident.

AND

HAPPY 4/20.
Back to top Go down
http://cm2dude.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's on Your Mind? (Status Updates)   What's on Your Mind? (Status Updates) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's on Your Mind? (Status Updates)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5