General Time-Wasters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Random game comments thread: Level 2

Go down 
+15
The Fur
Maya
Tank Abuse
Kaiser
Lucan
Lucy
blackfuredfox
Daisy The Bunny
Kaizy
MiloTime
Wolf-Bone
XoPachi
Zoe
greg-the-fox
Riv
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
XoPachi

XoPachi

Humor : Anything

Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:22 am

People complain about Mega Man, DMC, and Ghouls n Ghosts being hard Capcom games? lol

Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 2 Mars_cd_small

I am getting my ass HANDED to me.
Back to top Go down
http://xopachi.tumblr.com/
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:48 am

Only the original version of DMC3 was really that hard though, at least on default settings. Well I guess the first one kinda was too, especially where the easy mode hindered you from learning the game if anything. But I think a lot of that can be accounted for by the fact it was originally going to be a Resident Evil game and still had a lot of RE's clunkiness but with much more demanding combat. Still, they're hardly impossible games except on the modes that are kinda meant to be.
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 2:13 am

Wolf-Bone wrote:
Only the original version of DMC3 was really that hard though, at least on default settings. Well I guess the first one kinda was too, especially where the easy mode hindered you from learning the game if anything. But I think a lot of that can be accounted for by the fact it was originally going to be a Resident Evil game and still had a lot of RE's clunkiness but with much more demanding combat. Still, they're hardly impossible games except on the modes that are kinda meant to be.

Someone gets it.
DMC2 was only hard because of it's near unplayability. I was fighting a boss...offscreen. Yeah.
Ghouls n Ghosts is mostly just a trial and error game. Not entirely, but more so than not. I suppose every game has some degree of it, but I consider truly hard games to be predominantly reflex demanding.
And Mega Man...Mega Man ain't hard. Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 2:24 am

XoPachi wrote:
Wolf-Bone wrote:

Someone gets it.
DMC2 was only hard because of it's near unplayability. I was fighting a boss...offscreen. Yeah.
Ghouls n Ghosts is mostly just a trial and error game. Not entirely, but more so than not. I suppose every game has some degree of it, but I consider truly hard games to be predominantly reflex demanding.

DMC2 was the only one I never played. I just hardly ever heard anything good about it. And Mega-Man, I remember those being hard when I was a kid, but like, that's just how Capcom's games are. They throw these seemingly daunting challenges at you, but none of them are impossible if you just use your eyes, use your brain, and okay sometimes your memory and reflexes have to be at their best that day if you don't want to be seeing the game over screen a lot. But come on, they're as mainstream as they are because they're accessible, overall.

Though I'm playing RE5 right now and it's still hard to get an S-rank on some parts. I never did beat Professional. On RE6's No Hope, which isn't quite as brutal as RE5's Professional (RE6's Professional being more like RE4's), the furthest I got was the last boss of Leon's game and I think the second or third chapter of Chris' game. And by then I kinda had unlocked everything so what was the point?

I'm thinking of reinstalling DMC4 just because I want to see if I'd be any better at whatever that game's extra hard mode is called, which I never did beat but then kinda didn't feel the need to.
Back to top Go down
Lucy
GTW Trailer Park Supervisor
Lucy

Humor : Shit hawks.

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 5:44 am

Want.
Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

Humor : terrible

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 8:57 am

Have. It's hard to get used to and far from finished.
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:50 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
XoPachi wrote:
Wolf-Bone wrote:

Someone gets it.

DMC2 was the only one I never played. I just hardly ever heard anything good about it. And Mega-Man, I remember those being hard when I was a kid, but like, that's just how Capcom's games are. They throw these seemingly daunting challenges at you, but none of them are impossible if you just use your eyes, use your brain, and okay sometimes your memory and reflexes have to be at their best that day if you don't want to be seeing the game over screen a lot. But come on, they're as mainstream as they are because they're accessible, overall.

Though I'm playing RE5 right now and it's still hard to get an S-rank on some parts. I never did beat Professional. On RE6's No Hope, which isn't quite as brutal as RE5's Professional (RE6's Professional being more like RE4's), the furthest I got was the last boss of Leon's game and I think the second or third chapter of Chris' game. And by then I kinda had unlocked everything so what was the point?

I'm thinking of reinstalling DMC4 just because I want to see if I'd be any better at whatever that game's extra hard mode is called, which I never did beat but then kinda didn't feel the need to.

Avoid DMC2... People wanna complain about DMC 5's Dante? They forgot about the single train wreck on a technical level in their beloved series. I almost got nauseous because of the camera honestly.

I actually don't know a lot about RE. It's one of those games I enjoy watching, but don't like to play. I watched my friend go through 5 and it was pretty funny some of the cheap and fast ways he died...the the boulder boss fight was hilariously unrealistic.

They do look like hard games though. He would shoot the chainsaw guys for days and they still kept kicking.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 4:44 pm

I don't know about the new DMC but the ones I played are actually a lot like the last 3 RE games in how pretty much everything kicks your ass until you earn enough money and points to pimp your character/weapons out. 5 and 6 even rank you on each level and allow you to play those over, and of course those are now more action than survival horror. Hell, in 6 it's perfectly feasible to melee your way through most of the game and use shooting as more of a supplement to your attacks. Really the only thing that separates the two at this point is that RE still ranks you based on accuracy of your shots instead of how many different physical attacks you can string together, which is probably because there aren't nearly as many of those as there are guns. So I've come to see them as sibling series and I think it was only inevitable since DMC started out as something of a spiritual successor to RE and they ended up evolving similarly and borrowing certain things from each other. I mean Bloody Palace is pretty similar to Mercenaries mode with the time limit and huge waves of enemies you have to take a lot of calculated risks fighting to literally make time.
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 6:26 pm

Lucan wrote:
Have. It's hard to get used to and far from finished.

Well yeah, it's still an alpha. It's an alpha with mega potential, though.
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 7:33 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
I don't know about the new DMC but the ones I played are actually a lot like the last 3 RE games in how pretty much everything kicks your ass until you earn enough money and points to pimp your character/weapons out. 5 and 6 even rank you on each level and allow you to play those over, and of course those are now more action than survival horror. Hell, in 6 it's perfectly feasible to melee your way through most of the game and use shooting as more of a supplement to your attacks. Really the only thing that separates the two at this point is that RE still ranks you based on accuracy of your shots instead of how many different physical attacks you can string together, which is probably because there aren't nearly as many of those as there are guns. So I've come to see them as sibling series and I think it was only inevitable since DMC started out as something of a spiritual successor to RE and they ended up evolving similarly and borrowing certain things from each other. I mean Bloody Palace is pretty similar to Mercenaries mode with the time limit and huge waves of enemies you have to take a lot of calculated risks fighting to literally make time.

I haven't played the full version of DMC 5, but the game actually seems to reward you quite easily for your combos. Whether that gets harder later in the game either do to adaptive enemy A.I., or just being genuinely harder to survive, I'm not sure. The older ones made you work very hard for that. The combos though...they are fucking nice in this one
I love games that score and rank you even if there is no real reward or repercussion for it. I think the hardest game to get high ranks was Bayonetta (I know it's a different company, but it's the same director as DMC so I always compare those two). Took NO shit. I don't even think it has Pure Platinum runs online yet.
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 7:41 pm

XoPachi wrote:
Wolf-Bone wrote:

I haven't played the full version of DMC 5, but the game actually seems to reward you quite easily for your combos. Whether that gets harder later in the game either do to adaptive enemy A.I., or just being genuinely harder to survive, I'm not sure. The older ones made you work very hard for that. The combos though...they are fucking nice in this one
I love games that score and rank you even if there is no real reward or repercussion for it. I think the hardest game to get high ranks was Bayonetta (I know it's a different company, but it's the same director as DMC so I always compare those two). Took NO shit. I don't even think it has Pure Platinum runs online yet.

Bayonetta is a really hard game indeed. I still need to reinstall it but I was never anywhere near getting the platinum trophy and doubt I will ever gain it. It's just too insane what's required.
Back to top Go down
Kaiser

Kaiser

Humor : Thoughtful

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 9:08 pm

Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 9:09 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
XoPachi wrote:
Wolf-Bone wrote:

Bayonetta is a really hard game indeed. I still need to reinstall it but I was never anywhere near getting the platinum trophy and doubt I will ever gain it. It's just too insane what's required.

I tried so HARD to get pure platinum on the first fucking stage. I didn't even touch vanilla platinum. I tried and tried for a week. And the sad part is, it's not even hard to survive in. Thank goodness because than making rank would have been near impossible.
So many stones...
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 9:10 pm

Kaiser wrote:
lol

http://www.gamespot.com/news/gamers-need-to-quiet-down-says-ca-senator-6402953

"There is a thing called catharsis. It is the release of emotions through witnessing a sad or angry scenario unfold. By allowing us these opportunities, games have allowed us to feel the loss of someone close to you, feel the anger towards the person who stole them from you, and the joy when everything works out better in the end. Games don't make murderers, they put us all on the same level and engross our hearts and minds into a story meant to make us think. They are not tools hellbent on training an army of sociopathic killers.

In a forward written by Stephen King, he discusses our need to watch and read things that terrify us. He hypothesizes that humans have these innate wantings to see something taboo and hideous, but by allowing us to witness it firsthand, it sates our thirst. If anything, the crazy ones shooting people are the ones who weren't allowed to indulge in this. They just kept thinking about it until BOOM."

Anyone else agree with this?
Back to top Go down
Riv
Literally the fucking worst
Riv

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 9:44 pm

XoPachi wrote:
Kaiser wrote:
lol

http://www.gamespot.com/news/gamers-need-to-quiet-down-says-ca-senator-6402953

"There is a thing called catharsis. It is the release of emotions through witnessing a sad or angry scenario unfold. By allowing us these opportunities, games have allowed us to feel the loss of someone close to you, feel the anger towards the person who stole them from you, and the joy when everything works out better in the end. Games don't make murderers, they put us all on the same level and engross our hearts and minds into a story meant to make us think. They are not tools hellbent on training an army of sociopathic killers.

In a forward written by Stephen King, he discusses our need to watch and read things that terrify us. He hypothesizes that humans have these innate wantings to see something taboo and hideous, but by allowing us to witness it firsthand, it sates our thirst. If anything, the crazy ones shooting people are the ones who weren't allowed to indulge in this. They just kept thinking about it until BOOM."

Anyone else agree with this?

It sounds somewhat reasonable, but I feel that overgeneralization is a bad thing, especially when it comes to psychological profiling of the entire human race.

Things that keep one person sane can be the same thing that'll push somebody over the edge, and oftentimes, it's impossible to predict. That said, if we are going to generalize, we should at least rely on hard numbers handled by an effective statistician. This graph sums up the correlation between video games and murders quite succinctly;

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://furrygtw.forumotion.com
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 10:20 pm

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks it's not that these self-appointed moral crusaders/culture warriors don't understand video games. It's that they understand them all too well. They see the scenarios played out in them and the stories they tell, and see them for exactly what they are. They are almost always not as much about taking lives as saving them, and improving the lives of those saved. They're about war, but they don't glorify it. They show it in all its horror. None of the characters ever want war, violence and crime, at least not the good ones. And when they put you in the shoes of the bad guys, they make it even clearer just how fucked up the world is for having these people in it.

Video games actually tend to have a very conservative message. But it's a different kind of conservatism. It's the conservatism that holds the rights of individuals, and their dignity and responsibility to themselves and each other as paramount to any notion of personal glory or delusion of grandeur. They paint militaries, governments and corporations, or really any large institution as the primary barrier to peace, hope, prosperity and progress, not the defender of it or the arbiter of right and wrong.

So basically, they're some of the most anti-war, anti-crime and anti-totalitarian works of art we have, and they can be picked up and delved into by pretty much anyone who can afford a few-hundred dollar machine, which includes computers, those other tools they're currently fighting with the masses for control over. Basically they hate games for the reason they hated Shakespeare at the time. It represents old as dirt concepts in a way that's actually somewhat enlightened for the time and that's presented in a way the peasantry can relate to and appreciate on a personal level.

They encourage people to think for themselves, take a huge degree of control over the experience, immerse themselves in the mind and world of another. Really, they're more like books than movies and they never did like it when the lower classes started reading. That's why they invented movies. You know, like the first major hit called Birth of a Nation that would've been more honest if it had been called Death of The Negroes.

Sure, I might be killing a lot of Negroes in RE5, but it's made pretty clear right from the start it's purely the fault of a corrupt, unstable government and the rich, psychopathic white folks hovering around the chaos to exploit it for their own ends who are to blame for the fact said Negroes are even attacking me in the first place. They're hardly even the true enemy. And throughout the course of the game, you see not one, but three of these sick, twisted, white people literally turn into monsters as a direct result of their own tools and the selfish desires that bore them in the first place. And they're more powerful than you, and try to kill you. And they probably succeed at least a few times. But eventually, it's you who kills them, brutally.

So if I were some Neocon or phony Liberal, yeah, I could see why I'd be afraid of video games. Chances are I wouldn't even be able to see the irony that I had a had in creating them in the first place, or the hypocrisy of scapegoating them even as I benefit from them directly. Christ, with how pissed off people are these days, you'd think they'd be grateful the masses have such a damn good outlet and distraction for their frustrations.
Back to top Go down
XoPachi

XoPachi

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 11:19 pm

Wolf-Bone wrote:
The conspiracy theorist in me thinks it's not that these self-appointed moral crusaders/culture warriors don't understand video games. It's that they understand them all too well. They see the scenarios played out in them and the stories they tell, and see them for exactly what they are. They are almost always not as much about taking lives as saving them, and improving the lives of those saved. They're about war, but they don't glorify it. They show it in all its horror. None of the characters ever want war, violence and crime, at least not the good ones. And when they put you in the shoes of the bad guys, they make it even clearer just how fucked up the world is for having these people in it.

I read everything, but seriously, this first paragraph was gold. I buy it. With our 1st amendment trickling away slowly, it really isn't so far fetched that they'd want to silence any other bigger truths. Especially ones that are easily accessible.

You should start a blog.
Back to top Go down
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 2:49 am

God I fucking owned at Blacklight today and I was using default everything megusta

We played capture the flag for about 3-4 hours and there was this really awesome guy on my team who was on mic and giving us all directions and made friends with everyone (first non antisocial person I've met on here, wow) He and I on the same team were unstoppable and I was getting about twice as many kills as normal. (wow it's amazing what happens when people actually cooperate lol)

People were ACTUALLY guarding the runner and taking back our own captured flags, and for once everyone on both teams seemed to know what they were doing and there weren't any noobs or assholes. God I'll probably never play with people that awesome again though Not a single fuck wa Best night of BLR ever allthe
Back to top Go down
Lucy
Lucy

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 4:46 am

SMOD.

megusta
Back to top Go down
Wolf-Bone

Wolf-Bone

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 5:52 am

A couple more things Resident Evil 6 has over 5 I've noticed since playing the latter again. 5's camera usually isn't that bad. But since the update to 6 that makes it adjustable, combined with the degree of control you have over it while playing, 6 definitely has the better camera. It's rarely a problem in 5 when you're playing as Chris, but I find playing as Sheva to be way more problematic, and I don't think it's just because of the flipped orientation, which I got used to pretty quickly in 6. But 6 lets you flip from left to right bias with R3, and I've really been missing that option in 5. That said, none of 6's partners are quite as awesome to play through the game with as Sheva, except maybe Piers with his unique weapons and interesting situations where he has to provide cover for Chris. Helena at least gets to use the hydra shotgun, but there's also no alternate costumes outside of Mercenaries and that cop outfit pales in comparison to tribal Sheva. But still, playing as them isn't the huge pain in the ass playing as Sheva is.

Still, the variety of weapons to choose from and upgrades for them kicks the crap out of RE6's "skills" system which aren't even really skills as much as minor, passive stat-boosts. It was a better system when damage resistance was a tactical/inventory-management problem (isn't everything in Resident Evil?) tackled between stages instead of something you lost mid-level or even mid-battle as your character fumbles through a fucking smartphone. I like the fact they opted to merge money/treasures and bonus points into one system, but it's just not the same when there's so little exploration and risk involved in finding all the different chess pieces, which you can't even view once you've collected them. That's a shame because they're the coolest looking valuables since RE4.

Right now I'm going for S ranks on all of RE5's chapters, which isn't that daunting a task with infinite ammo unlocked for just a few of the better weapons. RE6 recently got an update that allows you to replay parts of chapters over similarly to RE5 instead of forcing you to play the entire thing in one go, which should make that trophy a little easier to get.

It really sucks that RE6 could've been a masterpiece of a game like I think RE5 has proven to fall just short of, if it had the depth of a game like that to complement its sheer scale and wealth of content. But RE5's DLC (I don't think I'd want Lost In Nightmares but Desperate Escape sounds right up my alley) almost makes up for the flimsy story and pacing. I'd love to see what kind of expansions to the already massive campaigns could be conceived. Unfortunately it seems whatever Capcom might've hoped to do with the game has taken a backseat to making the game as accessible and enjoyable as RE5 was from day 1 of its release.

I'd love to know who was in charge of some of those more damning decisions (or lack thereof) including the depressingly bad excuse of an attempt at "enhancing the Resident Evil 6 experience" that is ResidentEvil.Net. Building a Farmville style diorama of a burning city full of zombies. No, seriously. Don't believe me? Look it up. Don't ask me what I was smoking when I actually signed up for that but it probably wasn't nearly as hardcore as what the people who thought it up in the first place must've been hitting.
Back to top Go down
Kaizy
Admin
Kaizy

Humor : Sin

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 6:17 am

I dont know how but I finally figured out how to fuck shit up in Black Ops 2
Dominating a small Hardcore TDM lobby is so fucking easy its baffling

I had a 35-8 game this morning and thats easily like one of my best moments Not a single fuck wa
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/owl-eyes
greg-the-fox

greg-the-fox

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 8:21 am

I played on this server that was deathmatch, 30 minute limit, no hrv, no health regen, and CP capped at 500. It was freaking awesome. Also I played with the nicest people ever (their clan tag was literally "nice") They were all on mic and like bffs with each other which was kind of awkward for me being some random guy, but then the louder people left for some other server and I met even more people. Man I really need to stop being shy and get on mic sometime. allthe

I'm getting so many friends on there now though
Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 2 2qs15s9

So I've figured out how this game works. During the day: shit, asshole kids
During the night: awesome people
Back to top Go down
Kaiser

Kaiser

Humor : Thoughtful

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 4:04 pm

greg-the-fox wrote:

So I've figured out how this game works. During the day: shit, asshole kids
During the night: awesome people

That the same on almost every game.

Also, MGRR
megusta
Back to top Go down
Lucan

Lucan

Humor : terrible

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 9:00 pm

Path of Exile is pretty damn good. Closest game to Diablo II there's ever been. It's free and in beta now so characters don't get wiped every weekend. The only problem is the occasional crash. Been playing it with my friends all weekend and had a blast.
Back to top Go down
MiloTime

MiloTime

Humor : George Michael Bluth

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 2:49 am

playing silent hill downpour when i'm not packing and figuring RL stuff out.

i hate how there's no cues to tell you where to go, to advance the storyline, but i do like the game. i find parts of the story to be quite interesting, and the transition between reality and insanity is kind of trippy in this game.

also found an easter egg, for any fans. henry townshend's apartment. quite possibly one of my favorite settings in any game i've ever played, so it was pretty cool to see again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random game comments thread: Level 2   Random game comments thread: Level 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random game comments thread: Level 2
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next